Call of Duty Black OPS

LOL @ above post. I don't know if I could finish the match after seeing that.

ANOTHER update today! (well, more like "tomorrow", the 18th)

LIVE FIXES

• 11/18
  • · Improvements to the spawn system to resolve an issue where negative spawn influencers from specific game events were not always being deleted after the danger had cleared – in some matches, this was causing good spawns to be erroneously flagged by the game as bad spawns, which in turn forced actual bad spawns to get selected later in the match

• · Experimental slight reduction in knife lunge range – this is a trial change

• · Prevention of Prestige glitching – trying to prestige from Combat Training will reset your stats but not give you prestige
For the last one, apparently a glitch was found making it possible to prestige up to 15 with little effort through a glitch in Combat Training. This was discovered late-day Wednesday, and fixed around midnight to 1AM EST. Fantastic job, Treyarch! (two patches in ~24 hours)

Oh, and the other stuff, which will no doubt cool down Hustletron.... at least a little. :lol:

Source

Here's mine

dscn1235zz.jpg

I've been giving Treyarch a lot of shit, but if they're actually testing out toning down the knife lunge, I have to give them credit.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']Anyone make any cool emblems?[/QUOTE]

Ive seen a lot of dicks, asses, and animal sex..... not that they are cool, but seriously is this how immature COD players are?

Ive been using this one.....

dcp3175.jpg

And today i saw this one and decided to take a picture of it.... lol

dcp3174.jpg

[quote name='The 7th Number']Ive seen a lot of dicks, asses, and animal sex..... not that they are cool, but seriously is this how immature COD players are?[/QUOTE]

I'm most surprised that you're actually surprised.

Well i prestiged for the first time. All ive played is MP, havent even tried campaign or zombies yet. Do you rank up playing campaign or zombies? Near the end of my prestige i was doing a lot of marathon, duel wielding SMG stuff. I was having a blast doing it, even if i died more times than got kills. Sitting by a window/camping in a corner waiting for someone to walk by was so boring. Which is probably why people like nuketown so much. You are always 5 steps away from the action, or spawn right behind it. LOL.

G11 is probably one of my favorite guns. The only bad thing is you cant put a silencer on it. But its pretty badass. But im going to give it a break, time to play some NBA Jam.

I've been using a goatse emblem for a while, but I must say that Ghostbuster logo and Cookie Monster are both pretty cool.

And no ranking up during campaign and zombies.

Has anyone be able to notice a difference in the amount of sound that comes from other player's footsteps? They said they addressed it with the patch, but I can't really tell the difference. At this point Ninja still seems pointless. Does the pro version make a huge impact now?

[quote name='Rhett']LOL @ above post. I don't know if I could finish the match after seeing that.

ANOTHER update today! (well, more like "tomorrow", the 18th)

LIVE FIXES

• 11/18
  • · Improvements to the spawn system to resolve an issue where negative spawn influencers from specific game events were not always being deleted after the danger had cleared – in some matches, this was causing good spawns to be erroneously flagged by the game as bad spawns, which in turn forced actual bad spawns to get selected later in the match

• · Experimental slight reduction in knife lunge range – this is a trial change

• · Prevention of Prestige glitching – trying to prestige from Combat Training will reset your stats but not give you prestige
For the last one, apparently a glitch was found making it possible to prestige up to 15 with little effort through a glitch in Combat Training. This was discovered late-day Wednesday, and fixed around midnight to 1AM EST. Fantastic job, Treyarch! (two patches in ~24 hours)

Oh, and the other stuff, which will no doubt cool down Hustletron.... at least a little. :lol:

Source[/QUOTE]

Man I hope so. I'll give them some credit, my experience has gotten better SLIGHTLY, but like others have said, shooting people in the head doing nothing or having to do it more than once gets frustrating, especially when they can just run away.

And krakrabbit, he was shooting REALLY fast, I was running around with akimbo CZs and I wasn't able to shoot near as fast as that guy and got gunned down quick when I ran into someone face to face.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Ive seen a lot of dicks, asses, and animal sex..... not that they are cool, but seriously is this how immature COD players are?[/QUOTE]
I read they have started temporarily banning users and deleting their emblems for being offensive and breaking xbl rules of conduct.

After applying the patch yesterday I noticed I could connect to a game lobby quicker, but almost every game I got the connection issue icon and either sent back to the lobby with everyone else in the game, or the game would repeatedly keep trying to migrate to a new host and eventually throw everyone back to the lobby. I had about an hour to play yesterday afternoon and only successfully played 1 out of 5 games all the way through.

[quote name='Thrinn']Has anyone be able to notice a difference in the amount of sound that comes from other player's footsteps? They said they addressed it with the patch, but I can't really tell the difference. At this point Ninja still seems pointless. Does the pro version make a huge impact now?[/QUOTE]

I noticed that my footsteps were louder. Pro: + Louder enemy footsteps, makes you completely silent

[quote name='The 7th Number']I noticed that my footsteps were louder. Pro: + Louder enemy footsteps, makes you completely silent[/QUOTE]

HD555 + DSS , FTW, now I gotta get ninja pro. But to add to the discussion, yes it's hard to hear enemy footsteps in the game.. haven't tried post-patch yet though.

[quote name='Techsticles']I read they have started temporarily banning users and deleting their emblems for being offensive and breaking xbl rules of conduct.[/QUOTE]People with banned emblems have them replaced by Activision with something like a silver flower (or something) with two silver stars to the right of it. It's sort of a "mark of shame" thing I guess. It makes it really easy to see who's tried to abuse the system.

Does anybody else experience occasional really bad FPS? I think it might be after I use theatre mode.. Two times I have been in a match when the game has been lagging so badly I have to restart my console. One of the times I was against the bots (I forget what it's called) and the scoreboard showed me as having a 1 bar connection (and yes, I took a pic of it). I have installed the game to my console as well..

[quote name='Thrinn']People with banned emblems have them replaced by Activision with something like a silver flower (or something) with two silver stars to the right of it. It's sort of a "mark of shame" thing I guess. It makes it really easy to see who's tried to abuse the system.[/QUOTE]
I also read they were banning emblems that looked like pot leafs, which I don't understand because MW2 had that marijuana background you could unlock and use in multiplayer.

[quote name='Matt Young']I guess Treyarch voted no on Prop 19.[/QUOTE]
:lol: I don't care much either way, it just struck me as a bit of a double standard.

[quote name='The 7th Number']

And today i saw this one and decided to take a picture of it.... lol

dcp3174.jpg
[/QUOTE]
lol that cookie monster is awesome. im working on one right now but i lack the funds to finish it. will post when im done

I noticed that a few people on my FL that had very graphic and vulgar emblems that got taken down have reverted to a passive aggressive FU in the form of eight equals D or as they put it 8=D which hasnt been caught yet.

Anyone else experiencing weird issues after the "patch" yesterday? Had my buddy get the killcam winning kill in a deathmatch we lost, had my perks display as wrong for a few matches but still give me the correct abilities to name a few issues. Also, is Treyarch planning on fixing the leaderboards? I mean I love comparing stats and its pretty pathetic you have a game of this caliber and can't get that right.

[quote name='Phelmo']Does anybody else experience occasional really bad FPS? I think it might be after I use theatre mode.. Two times I have been in a match when the game has been lagging so badly I have to restart my console. One of the times I was against the bots (I forget what it's called) and the scoreboard showed me as having a 1 bar connection (and yes, I took a pic of it). I have installed the game to my console as well..[/QUOTE]

Oh my god yes. I was playing yesterday and it took literally about a minute for the beginning countdown to finish at the start of a TDM game, it was so slow and then once people could move it was like a slide show. I just turned off my xbox.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']So do people get a temp ban from Black Ops or xbox live for their emblems?[/QUOTE]

Neither... They get their emblem reset and then must re-unlock everything including layers, background, and decals.

[quote name='pmm317']Anyone else experiencing weird issues after the "patch" yesterday? Had my buddy get the killcam winning kill in a deathmatch we lost[/QUOTE]

Did the match end because time was up? Sometimes it just shows the last kill in the match if the match is over because of the time. He might've gotten the last kill and whatnot.

Everyone's aware that you can head into Split-Screen and see what the weapons look like with Gold Camo and all that jazz, right?

[quote name='pmm317']Anyone else experiencing weird issues after the "patch" yesterday? Had my buddy get the killcam winning kill in a deathmatch we lost, had my perks display as wrong for a few matches but still give me the correct abilities to name a few issues. Also, is Treyarch planning on fixing the leaderboards? I mean I love comparing stats and its pretty pathetic you have a game of this caliber and can't get that right.[/QUOTE]

The displaying the wrong perks thing has been going on for a while.. Ever since the start of the game it would occasionally show the perks of the person that most recently killed me in the bottom left of my screen until I died again. I am also disappointed with the polish on the menu / leaderboards, but oh well I guess...

Apparently next weekend (Thanksgiving weekend -- 26th thru 28th) will have double experience.

Hmm... Could be pretty easy to knock out at least one prestige if you played a good 10 hours or so.

[quote name='Rhett']Apparently next weekend (Thanksgiving weekend -- 26th thru 28th) will have double experience.

Hmm... Could be pretty easy to knock out at least one prestige if you played a good 10 hours or so.[/QUOTE]

And I won't have internet to take advantage! Great!

All in all, I'm really, really enjoying this game a lot more than Modern Warfare 2.

HELP! I need a gun. I'm not a terrible player, I had roughly a 1.2 K/D in MW2 and a 1.0 in MW. However, I am having trouble getting close to .500 in black ops. I am not a camper, more of a run and gun, however every gun I've picked takes a good 5-6 shots to kill somebody....and they seem to kill me first.

In MW2 I loved the UMP and the RPD...all the guns so far I've tried (currently level 26), have terrible recoil. The LMGs have to be the worst. Any recommendations? I hope this isn't lag, I've never had this much frustration on anything else on xbox live.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']HELP! I need a gun. I'm not a terrible player, I had roughly a 1.2 K/D in MW2 and a 1.0 in MW. However, I am having trouble getting close to .500 in black ops. I am not a camper, more of a run and gun, however every gun I've picked takes a good 5-6 shots to kill somebody....and they seem to kill me first.

In MW2 I loved the UMP and the RPD...all the guns so far I've tried (currently level 26), have terrible recoil. The LMGs have to be the worst. Any recommendations? I hope this isn't lag, I've never had this much frustration on anything else on xbox live.[/QUOTE]

Yeah pretty much the same situation with guns, I've been still using the AKS, it seems somewhat consistent but takes a lot of bullets to drop someone. The Galil was my shit for a minute but seems like it takes a lot of bullets too. I don't really like the AUG so I went back to the FAMAS and I alternate between that and the M16.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']HELP! I need a gun. I'm not a terrible player, I had roughly a 1.2 K/D in MW2 and a 1.0 in MW. However, I am having trouble getting close to .500 in black ops. I am not a camper, more of a run and gun, however every gun I've picked takes a good 5-6 shots to kill somebody....and they seem to kill me first.

In MW2 I loved the UMP and the RPD...all the guns so far I've tried (currently level 26), have terrible recoil. The LMGs have to be the worst. Any recommendations? I hope this isn't lag, I've never had this much frustration on anything else on xbox live.[/QUOTE]

Galil would be a good start. They all have slightly different recoil, but the Galil has the most power with the least recoil, for a while. (with a sight)

Aug and Famas are "SMG" type assault rifles, and shoot faster with more noticeable recoil, but can be devastating in the right hands. Famas in particular has nice iron sights.

For SMGs, most people like the AKs-74u with a grip. Otherwise, they're pretty comparable. MP5k would do you fine if you controlled the recoil.

I like to alternate all kinds of guns, though, (not including for contracts!). Before I got the G11 and Commando, I was using the Enfield, M14/FAL (single shots), Galil and Famas. Mostly the FAL, though, because single shots seem somehow better than MW2 in this game.

LMGs have tons of recoil with almost no way to counter it besides firing slowly (except the M60, which gets a grip). I've barely used them, myself.

Hmmm just started playing capture the flag today, trying to get marathon pro. Its really frustrating. Especially when you have the flag and are almost there and get killed, then a teammate picks it up runs 5 steps and gets it. But a couple times now i ran over the goal and didnt get credit for it. I dunno if its because someone was shooting at me or what, but i went over the goal, and got screwed out of a couple scores.

For me there are only 2 groups of guns in COD. Ones that dont work and ones that work. With the amount of built in lag there is no difference between a famas and a AK. People can preach states and look at game code all they want but when the first 5 shots dissipate into the interwebs there never was a point. Find a gun that you feel comfortable with and you will be able to rock it the same as someone who swears the Commando is the best AR. (Although the Commando is my fav)

Dont use shotguns they are horrid for some reason in this game and as you found out dont use LMGS because they are god awful as well. Everything else seems has no real flaws.

Why hasnt Treyarch updated the playlists? Can we get Ground War that includes demo or something? We have had team tactical for like 3 games now (and it sucks because its only 6-8 players or something)

S and D plus Demo anything?

Maybe its there and I just dont see it.

[quote name='mvp828']Neither... They get their emblem reset and then must re-unlock everything including layers, background, and decals.[/QUOTE]

Yeah ummm.you're wrong.

They just reset it with the default logo for your rank. Example: two stars if you're level 42.

They also ban you from it for 12 hours. Get your shit straight before you start telling people.

[quote name='icandy']Yeah ummm.you're wrong.

They just reset it with the default logo for your rank. Example: two stars if you're level 42.

They also ban you from it for 12 hours. Get your shit straight before you start telling people.[/QUOTE]

16qo0h.gif

I wasn't going to get black ops, but after cashing my paycheck today I needed a break and halo wasn't doing it. I'm being owned though. It's been along while since I played any decent amount of CoD. At first the game was pissing me off, but as I got used to it it got better. For a good amount of games it seemed like all that was killing me was choppers and napalm >.>

AK-74 with grip, lightweight, steady aim, marathon. Never use ADS and always fire from the hip. That's completely ridiculous on PC anyway, dunno if it translates as well to console what with the shameful autoaim and all.

Alternatively, the FAMAS. Perk and attachment selection isn't terribly important, that's just all around pretty good. Not as balls to the wall run and gun as the above loadout though.

Thanks for everyone's input. I wasted a bunch of cp and unlocked multiple weapons - I'm going to go with the Galil for a while. Seems to have the most stopping power of the bunch. I loved the FAMAS initially, but it takes too many bullets to kill someone.

Guile, I haven't had any trouble connecting, you may want to check your connection. Although it does still take me a considerable amount of time to find the first match.

[quote name='Jobbercho']I am Batman.. well, kind of.
picture.php

I've been having problems since I picked up the game. Sometimes I wait up to 10 minutes before finally connecting to a game.[/QUOTE]

In George Takei voice: "Oh my." - Perhaps a 'lol' for good measure. Nice work. >_>;

[quote name='The 7th Number']Trying to get the marathon pro perk, i got 13 of 15 flags today alone. But the last hour or so i cant seem to get the last two, not even one. So annoying.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind helping you finish it, assuming you didn't manage to finish it before logging off.

[quote name='Jobbercho']I am Batman.. well, kind of.
picture.php
[/QUOTE]
What am I looking at?

bread's done
Back