Call of Duty Black OPS

Are the zombie maps EVER going to be released on XBL or were they truly limited to LE packaging? Prices are insane on Ebay and I kicking myself for selling mine with the avatar for $50 at release.

[quote name='$hady']Are the zombie maps EVER going to be released on XBL or were they truly limited to LE packaging? Prices are insane on Ebay and I kicking myself for selling mine with the avatar for $50 at release.[/QUOTE]
Yeah you can buy the avatar on xbl marketplace but it seems for now the maps are truly for the limited editions. Personally I'm glad I kept mine even though I didn't even redeem them yet lol.

Anyway in other news I completed the first 3 campaign missions on veteran difficulty and other then the one bitch hallway in executive order things have been peachy. Of course I'm also getting the intel while I'm at it and I wonder if its a suicide mission waiting to happen further down the line lol.

Oh yeah what was the 12 MB update for anyway?

from facebook

We're having another Double-XP weekend, starting March 4th and ending March 7th at approximately 10a PST both days. All Platforms (x360, PS3, PC, Wii) will see 2x the normal earn rate of XP & CP. Don't forget that the PlayStation 3 release of First Strike is March 3rd - Just in time for Double-XP!

Ill be going back to Black ops for this just to max out my 15th prestige rank. Nice to see this time they will give double xp for challenges too... i assume thats what CP stands for.

[quote name='The 7th Number']from facebook

Ill be going back to Black ops for this just to max out my 15th prestige rank. Nice to see this time they will give double xp for challenges too... i assume thats what CP stands for.[/QUOTE]

COD points. The money from completing contracts, basically.

[quote name='Trakan']COD points. The money from completing contracts, basically.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, thanks for that clarification. I could use double CP to buy golden camo for my favorite guns.

F.Y.I. There's a singleplayer demo that starts with a Blackbird and ends with a technical hijack in Russia. The game's showing its age I.M.O., but at least it's always 60fps unlike Medal of Honor which spoiled me with its leaning button for modern shooters.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ReportAGamer']playing zombies is boring. that is all.[/QUOTE]

The first 8 or so levels, but after that, not so much.

I tried playing it again, but half the time you're running away from the single zombie you keep alive while getting to the mystery box and pack-a-punch to replenish your ammo from the last round.

It's not terrible, not at all, I just don't see why people like it so much when there's better zombie options on the market like L4D2.

I'm starting to realize that people suck. They hang around me and hinder my ability to manuver, they stick around me with unsilenced weapons and no ghost, they see me shooting at somebody and run in the line of fire in the hopes of stealing the kill, they shoot their pistols at me while they lie in Second Chance when it's unclear if it's safe (And it usually isn't, and they simply give away our positions.)...

People suck.

Also, this upcoming weekend is not only double xp, but free Xbox Live Gold, so there should be a lot of noobs on, hopefully not on my team. Just an FYI.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I'm starting to realize that people suck. They hang around me and hinder my ability to manuver, they stick around me with unsilenced weapons and no ghost, they see me shooting at somebody and run in the line of fire in the hopes of stealing the kill, they shoot their pistols at me while they lie in Second Chance when it's unclear if it's safe (And it usually isn't, and they simply give away our positions.)...

People suck.

Also, this upcoming weekend is not only double xp, but free Xbox Live Gold, so there should be a lot of noobs on, hopefully not on my team. Just an FYI.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, most people I noticed can barely manage 1.00 K/D, typically it is under that. As well, I play mostly Domination and when I have 9 captures, my friend has 7 and everyone else has 2-3, there's something wrong with that.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Yeah, most people I noticed can barely manage 1.00 K/D, typically it is under that. As well, I play mostly Domination and when I have 9 captures, my friend has 7 and everyone else has 2-3, there's something wrong with that.[/QUOTE]

I usually will only get two or three captures in a game of domination, because I play very defensive around the flag we spawn by and usually the B flag. I'll set up a claymore, and shoot down anyone running to it, sometimes the spawns will switch and I'll be holding the point down alone, for usually about a minute before either back up runs towards the spawn or I get killed. I play the objective, I just don't capture as often as I defend. Unless it's in Demolition, I always like to plant and I will defend too.

But my method for sabotage is to kill the enemies repeatedly and have someone else plant, then kill them again as they try to come. This method has kept me almost undefeated in Sabotage games especially when I play with my friends.

Also, the jump of player skill from 1.0-1.50 KD is really big, I am a good player(not to brag, but I know I am) and I like to mess around a lot too and usually die a lot in objective base games where bombs need to be planted or flags need to be carried and I can still maintain an almost permanent 1.50 KDR and then I have a buddy with a 1.0 KDR and I hardly ever see him go better then a +1 or +2 spread in a game, and a buddy with a 0.88 KDR who I pretty much have never seen him go positive before.

I typically find that that 0.5-1.0 k/d wise aren't good players. Then we have the 1.50-2.00 these will often give you a good game and a great challenge. I have also run into a bunch of 2.00-3.00 but they were mostly guys who team together and I would advise anyone who goes in alone against them to just back out. You will get slaughtered.

Oh yeah my k/d on black ops is higher then in any previous call of duty at 1.89, maybe its because there isn't such abundant killstreak use as there was in modern warfare 2. Guess when it comes down to relying on your gun people just aren't up to it.

I'm convinced that most people don't understand how to play domination. They understand they are usposed to get near the flag to capture it right?

The other night I had 8 captures. One guy had 2, two had 1 and the rest had 0. How do you have 0 captures?!? Bah!

I'm ready for some double XP and time to prestige. finally hit level 50 (yes I'm limited on time to play).

yep you need to play with friends if you want to win.. this game has the absolute worst randoms ive ever seen in my life

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I'm convinced that most people don't understand how to play domination. They understand they are usposed to get near the flag to capture it right?

The other night I had 8 captures. One guy had 2, two had 1 and the rest had 0. How do you have 0 captures?!? Bah!

I'm ready for some double XP and time to prestige. finally hit level 50 (yes I'm limited on time to play).[/QUOTE]

Not to hate but if you're a good dom player with a good team. Everyone should have one or 2 captures at the most. By you running around and capping every flag in sight it really messes up the spawns and you usually lose more flags then you capture.

Unless you're continually losing B, but B is pretty hard to cap by yourself so I'd assume the former.

[quote name='DV8']Not to hate but if you're a good dom player with a good team. Everyone should have one or 2 captures at the most. By you running around and capping every flag in sight it really messes up the spawns and you usually lose more flags then you capture.

Unless you're continually losing B, but B is pretty hard to cap by yourself so I'd assume the former.[/QUOTE]

There is some truth to this... However, I think this is one of the first Call of Duty games where it is possible to hold all three flags and not really get screwed by spawns.

A group of us have had games where we have held the other team to less than 25 pts. It just depends on the map. Jungle, Stadium, Grid, WMD, Villa, Firing Range, and Array all come to mind as maps that really aren't that hard to have all three flags. There are others that can be hit and miss, but those ones are usually pretty easy to do so.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']I typically find that that 0.5-1.0 k/d wise aren't good players. Then we have the 1.50-2.00 these will often give you a good game and a great challenge. I have also run into a bunch of 2.00-3.00 but they were mostly guys who team together and I would advise anyone who goes in alone against them to just back out. You will get slaughtered.

Oh yeah my k/d on black ops is higher then in any previous call of duty at 1.89, maybe its because there isn't such abundant killstreak use as there was in modern warfare 2. Guess when it comes down to relying on your gun people just aren't up to it.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. Once I see a clan with all 50's come in a room, I usually back out. At that point it stops becoming a game and becomes a reason for rage lol.

However, I played last night with randoms against a damn good clan in TDM. Believe it or not, we came back after being down by about 3,000 points and won by 200. The other team was spawn camping and holding down choke points. Of course I was on team dip shit and most of our guys just kept running down the middle and getting slaughtered. Either they wised up or dropped because all of a sudden we started getting killstreaks and had one good B52 and napalm (mine for a change) that killed their momentum. Now that was a good time!

I've had people spawn right behind me or next to me on Firing Range and Stadium on my own flag even if they had a flag themselves. Those are horrible maps to play Domination on, let alone triple cap.

I've been getting lag horribly this week. Don't know if it's me or if its Ops shitty game matching. I've also had several long games that lost the host and all of our points. I'm really getting tired of the way this game handles game matches.

If you're playing Domination, you should never triple cap in the first place.

By holding two of 3 flags, usually A and B or C and B together, you already know where the enemy team will be spawning, so you can better defend against them depending on the map.

You can also unload your killstreaks in their owned flag to usually hit at least two enemy players, if you wish to do so. Capping all 3 flags in domination is just pointless unless you absolutely need to lockdown the game to win, because it makes it so that you don't know where your enemies are going to spawn from, which is frustrating later on when/if you're building up killstreaks and you lose them because someone randomly spawned behind you.

As for playing with randoms, its possible to do well, its just a lot harder if people do not capture flags. Your team does need to understand that your side needs to maintain control of two flags for most of the match, and needs to cooperate to that extent. Sometimes, if you're really good, you have enough momentum just by racking up kills and killstreaks to swing your entire team into a winning position, but this is less likely when you switch over to Ground War, where people really need to cooperate to get anything done.

The right way to play domination is to hold two points and defend the center (B). While its true that you can lose to enemy players having A and C, because of the spawns, its easier to get those points regardless of the map, whereas B is usually smack in the middle. If your team isn't helping or isn't good, that means its up to you to switch to your flak jacket pro, tac pro, smoke nade class and cap the pivotal point.

[quote name='aquaknight']if you're playing domination, you should never triple cap in the first place.

By holding two of 3 flags, usually a and b or c and b together, you already know where the enemy team will be spawning, so you can better defend against them depending on the map.

You can also unload your killstreaks in their owned flag to usually hit at least two enemy players, if you wish to do so. Capping all 3 flags in domination is just pointless unless you absolutely need to lockdown the game to win, because it makes it so that you don't know where your enemies are going to spawn from, which is frustrating later on when/if you're building up killstreaks and you lose them because someone randomly spawned behind you.

As for playing with randoms, its possible to do well, its just a lot harder if people do not capture flags. Your team does need to understand that your side needs to maintain control of two flags for most of the match, and needs to cooperate to that extent. Sometimes, if you're really good, you have enough momentum just by racking up kills and killstreaks to swing your entire team into a winning position, but this is less likely when you switch over to ground war, where people really need to cooperate to get anything done.

The right way to play domination is to hold two points and defend the center (b). While its true that you can lose to enemy players having a and c, because of the spawns, its easier to get those points regardless of the map, whereas b is usually smack in the middle. If your team isn't helping or isn't good, that means its up to you to switch to your flak jacket pro, tac pro, smoke nade class and cap the pivotal point.[/quote]
No WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Whizbang']I've been getting lag horribly this week. Don't know if it's me or if its Ops shitty game matching. I've also had several long games that lost the host and all of our points. I'm really getting tired of the way this game handles game matches.[/QUOTE]

This has also been happening to me.

And they need to fix people rage quitting to the dashboard. It's really pissing me off that every time I get a good game, they fucking rage quit to the dashboard and end it.

I usually play and get a 3.00-4.00 k/d. The only reason is because I run around with ghost and just surprise them with a swift tomahawk to the head or run n gun while killing a lot of people. :)

In my email today I received a free map pack code "First Strike" for the ps3 from gamestop not gonna lie that made my day.
Oh and the maps are awesome the game itself is still meh.

on my team each member had 2-3 captures I HAD 2. the guy on our team who lead the match had 45 kills 9 deaths and 0 captures. not saying we would have won he he caught 2, but it would have changed things

i am getting host migration several matches as well, and also when we search for a match me and my friends gets separated "error'd" sometimes

I stick to free for all death match.

1. Get really baked
2. Put on some rap/hip-hop
3. Play Black Ops
4. Profit

Man shit is so cash

Just wondering BTW, what are your guys' K/D ratios? Personally mine is 1.66, which I consider to be quite good especially when I got off to a real bad start early in my career.

P.S. Domination...me and a friend are always the ones winning the match. I stalk flags a bit, but if we are losing I'm not afraid to go negative to win the match. In my mind, winning > K/D. Most of the time I get good/great K/D and 3-5 captures, but sometimes when needed I'll go negative and get 8-10 captures to win the game.

Mine was up to 1.23 playing hardcore TDM. Then i started to play headquarters and its down to like 1.15 because i actually try to capture points and i run around a lot which gets some people easy kills on me.

HQ can be absolute hell for K/D ratio, that's why I don't even bother. I prefer Domination, where my captures and defends make a noticeable impact AND I manage a real good K/D & score per minute ratio.

Currently my Domination Score-Per-Minute number is about 329.5 I believe, which from what I read is great haha.

Mine is 1.90 and I mostly play Domination and CTF, of course if I'm planning on capturing the points I equip my flack jacket class and usually end up around 4 caps. Most of the time though my buddy secures the captures and I back him up by getting killstreaks like the blackbird heli etc etc. Works pretty well most of the time.

[quote name='DV8']Not to hate but if you're a good dom player with a good team. Everyone should have one or 2 captures at the most. By you running around and capping every flag in sight it really messes up the spawns and you usually lose more flags then you capture.

Unless you're continually losing B, but B is pretty hard to cap by yourself so I'd assume the former.[/QUOTE]
In that particlar game we were on Nuke Town and were being completely dominated (no territories) for much of the game. I had to capture so many flags because my team was doing nothing but camping in the middle.

I agree you're better capturing two flags and then setting up defense but if you only have 1 falg you have to fight for more flags and sometimes it seams like my team just doens't care.

Yes on a good organized team you can be almost unstopable versus a group of randoms. Like last night my group won 8 stright games, no problem.

1.75 - 1.80 - I can't recall which at the moment. It would probably be higher if I played with a team or camped but I'm pretty much over the MP aspect of this game. I really want to prestige to 7th for the emblem but can't bring myself to commit. Hopefully Zombies gets some decent support in the future.

[quote name='X BRO 420']I stick to free for all death match.

1. Get really baked
2. Put on some rap/hip-hop
3. Play Black Ops
4. Profit

Man shit is so cash[/QUOTE]

Bro, that's some of the illest shit a bro can do. I usually get twisted up on some Natty Ice with my kush, pure grade A nug bro. Ain't no ditch weed here. Then I go retro and crank up some Limp Bizkit, put on the Significant Other album man, maybe some 2pac as a chaser. Then fire up dat Black Ops, 360 of course, and just play until the sun comes back up. Prob gonna do that tonite and bail on work tomorrow. Walmart sucks anyway.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Bro, that's some of the illest shit a bro can do. I usually get twisted up on some Natty Ice with my kush, pure grade A nug bro. Ain't no ditch weed here. Then I go retro and crank up some Limp Bizkit, put on the Significant Other album man, maybe some 2pac as a chaser. Then fire up dat Black Ops, 360 of course, and just play until the sun comes back up. Prob gonna do that tonite and bail on work tomorrow. Walmart sucks anyway.[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously going to?

[quote name='moojuice']Sniping is a lot easier with this most recent patch.[/QUOTE]

the tuning almost makes quick scoping allowable. guess they broke themselves on that issue of not having quick scoping allowed in the game.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Just wondering BTW, what are your guys' K/D ratios? Personally mine is 1.66, which I consider to be quite good especially when I got off to a real bad start early in my career.

P.S. Domination...me and a friend are always the ones winning the match. I stalk flags a bit, but if we are losing I'm not afraid to go negative to win the match. In my mind, winning > K/D. Most of the time I get good/great K/D and 3-5 captures, but sometimes when needed I'll go negative and get 8-10 captures to win the game.[/QUOTE]

Mine is up to 2.51 after a really good night last night. I play 99% Core TDM with a career 311 score/minute. I always play with at least 2-3 friends, otherwise it's mercenary for me.

My K/D ratio is 0.8-0.9 don't remember. Not that good. Prolly from all that dope ass ganja I toke 'tween rounds fo shizzle bizzle bibble babble. Who let the dogs out? Wack.

[quote name='Jobbercho']It's working now.

I hope today isn't a sign of what's to come the rest of the weekend. Constant dashboarding going on right now. Sorry, but not having the L show up on your record (or whatever the point of dashboarding is) doesn't make you suck any less at the game.[/QUOTE]

Funny when people do that, and often times you'll know who it is too... most of the time, their stats aren't good enough to warrant dashboarding anyway. Really wish that Treyarch would fix the dashboarding issue, I hate having matches cut off in the middle. Although, it looks as though the stats count on your combat record even though there won't be a record of the match itself.

bread's done
Back