Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - July Elite DLC out now, Terminal free for everyone

[quote name='MrPiggles']The noob tube callsign and emblem unlocks from completing the Humiliation Challenge to get a direct impact noob tube kill, not JUST getting a direct impact kill with a noob tube. The challenge is unlocked after level 50, so i think you need to be at least level 50 to unlock that callsign. This would explain why the XM25 guy in the video got it, since it's unlocked at lvl 52.[/QUOTE]

Well you cant get this in Drop Zone cause I had 2 impact shots with the XM25

[quote name='dennisb407']Well you cant get this in Drop Zone cause I had 2 impact shots with the XM25[/QUOTE]

You can get it in Drop Zone. You need to use a noob tube to do it though, not the XM25.

[quote name='noone13']You can get it in Drop Zone. You need to use a noob tube to do it though, not the XM25.[/QUOTE]

???

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dennisb407']???[/QUOTE]

Hey dennisb407, try using your favorite assault rifle with the noob tube rather than the XM25. That thing is ridiculously bad. I tried for an hour with it, then switched to the SCAR and got it quickly as long as you're above Level 50 though.

[quote name='Ronzilla']Hey dennisb407, try using your favorite assault rifle with the noob tube rather than the XM25. That thing is ridiculously bad. I tried for an hour with it, then switched to the SCAR and got it quickly as long as you're above Level 50 though.[/QUOTE]

I'll try using my CM901 again I had a few deep impacts with it prior to me getting the XM but nothing, Im 80 now so I'll see what happens, just trying to get it before I prestige again.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']About time, downloading it now![/QUOTE]

Looks like Challenge Tracking does not work, everything else seemed to work fine. It is annoying that I have to use the apps back button and I can use the phones. Oh well, at least it is out.

Looking for people/a small group to play with at night (5PM EST onward). No interest in using Elite/joining a clan though.

I'm also interested in both 3-starring Spec Ops missions and finishing up the Survival maps to wave 15+.

Not interested in Search & Destroy or CTF.

I think I'm rank 61, with a 1.99 KDR (overall - I play the Mercenary playlist... mostly Kill Confirmed it seems like.)

GT is Rhett819

Found a Hardened Edition at GS for $80 yesterday. I think I got my elite founder stuff all set up. Just stopped by to catch up on news.

[quote name='scrub0bk']I couldn't find it anywhere, but what is coming out on the DLC for the 24th? Is it just maps?[/QUOTE]

The video on XBL says that its two maps and for elite members only i guess.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']The video on XBL says that its two maps and for elite members only i guess.[/QUOTE]

Yes, for those who are Elite they will get it first "(free of charge). They, the new maps, are named Liberation and Piazza.

I hear that they will release at least two or more new maps each month of 2012 and that Elite member (such as myself! :cool:) will get the first for free.

[quote name='TheRock88']So there's a new "gamebreaking" glitch out right now. Lets you choose any proficiency for any primary gun. A lot of people are running Type 95 or ACR with Damage and its just ridiculous (had to go back to MW and WAW cause I couldnt take it anymore). Unlike the prestige token glitch, I'm guessing this one might get people permabanned.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up my friend, I will keep an eye out for this garbage.

To me it's already hard enough for gamers such as myself, who are not too good at MP FPS games so anything like this that makes it harder on yours truly or nay newer player really burns my jets to say the least.

I will try to spot this if I don't forget about it. I'm about to prestige for the first time myself after I complete the claymore challenge, I only need to nab one more kill with that particular lethal to get the title.

I actually prefer the bouncing Betty to the claymore though.

[quote name='J Rokk']Thanks for the heads up my friend, I will keep an eye out for this garbage.

To me it's already hard enough for gamers such as myself, who are not too good at MP FPS games so anything like this that makes it harder on yours truly or nay newer player really burns my jets to say the least.

I will try to spot this if I don't forget about it. I'm about to prestige for the first time myself after I complete the claymore challenge, I only need to nab one more kill with that particular lethal to get the title.

I actually prefer the bouncing Betty to the claymore though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree with you, Bouncing Bettys are way better than Claymores in MW3. Although I love Semtex way to much to not use them haha.

[quote name='J Rokk']Thanks for the heads up my friend, I will keep an eye out for this garbage.[/QUOTE]IW announced that they released a hot fix just recently, so hopefully that's the end of that glitch.
[quote name='J Rokk']I actually prefer the bouncing Betty to the claymore though.[/QUOTE]While it's much easier to get an opponent to trip a Bouncing Betty than a claymore, players can simply avoid being kill by the BB by just dropping to the ground. There's a fairly generous window of time to dodge the explosion. I thought the BB was amazing the first week the game came out and then all of a sudden the number of kills I got from it dropped dramatically once players quickly learned how to nullify it.

[quote name='J Rokk']Yes, for those who are Elite they will get it first "(free of charge). They, the new maps, are named Liberation and Piazza.

I hear that they will release at least two or more new maps each month of 2012 and that Elite member (such as myself! :cool:) will get the first for free.[/QUOTE]

if you are elite premium you get all the dlc for mw3, not just the first maps

Liberation is freakin awesome old school MW map! Mike Piazza is pretty darn fun as well it's close quarters submachine/shotty map that's all up and down. Very nice addition but I'd rather had 2 liberation type matches.

Also they fixed stealth bombers I noticed. They are stealth again even with colorblind assist on. Another thing I noticed and hadn't thought about much before is that the caliber of player you see in the Elite game types is a huge difference versus regular matches. Everyone is multiple prestiges and knows all the dirty tricks. Makes for fun battles as everyone playing either paid extra for HE at launch or bought elite.

[quote name='jjunior1212']Anyone know why amazon doesn't sell elite premium membership? I tried doing a search for it and it doesn't pop up.[/QUOTE]

You can just buy a 4000 MSP code, which costs the same number of a 12-month membership. I think that's even what Amazon means for you to do, since I got an email ad from Amazon with the subject asking me to buy a ELITE subscription, and inside the email, they showed a 4000 MSP prepaid code.

[quote name='$hady']Liberation is freakin awesome old school MW map! Mike Piazza is pretty darn fun as well it's close quarters submachine/shotty map that's all up and down. Very nice addition but I'd rather had 2 liberation type matches.

Also they fixed stealth bombers I noticed. They are stealth again even with colorblind assist on. Another thing I noticed and hadn't thought about much before is that the caliber of player you see in the Elite game types is a huge difference versus regular matches. Everyone is multiple prestiges and knows all the dirty tricks. Makes for fun battles as everyone playing either paid extra for HE at launch or bought elite.[/QUOTE]

Nice thanks for the review. Anyone else try out the maps yet? I downloaded them but haven't had the time to try em out yet.

[quote name='$hady']Liberation is freakin awesome old school MW map! Mike Piazza is pretty darn fun as well it's close quarters submachine/shotty map that's all up and down. Very nice addition but I'd rather had 2 liberation type matches.

Also they fixed stealth bombers I noticed. They are stealth again even with colorblind assist on. Another thing I noticed and hadn't thought about much before is that the caliber of player you see in the Elite game types is a huge difference versus regular matches. Everyone is multiple prestiges and knows all the dirty tricks. Makes for fun battles as everyone playing either paid extra for HE at launch or bought elite.[/QUOTE]

LOL MIke Piazza

[quote name='DCpinoy']Nice thanks for the review. Anyone else try out the maps yet? I downloaded them but haven't had the time to try em out yet.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I second everything that was said including the fact that there are far more 4 or higher prestige than one would find in the regular play sets. I also wish there was a Mercenary play set with the new maps, but there isn't. I find there to be less shenanigans in Mercenary when playing solo.

Looks like a bunch of changes came with the DLC today.

All shotguns except the striker now shoot 9 pellets instead of 6. I'm pretty sure this is the equivalent of the extended mags glitch. This is great news. Lag compensation/theatre mode/networking is supposedly improved.

Robert Bowling said on a live stream that there is a possibility of new guns and old maps coming as DLC.

Also, a list of all DLC coming through September:

http://www.callofduty.com/contentcalendar

Liberation sucks! Just a campfest topped down with leaves and trees everywhere. Piazza has never come up to vote for in the 'elite playlists'. Speaking of which, only 1 HC mode..wtf? Also, in Elite Playlists lot of the old maps keep showing up to vote for makes no sense. Already feel like Elite was a rip off.

[quote name='MW3 Update List']Re-balancing and Updates currently in Development and/or Discussion:
Fix for Shotgun's with Extended Mags (Prevents them from shooting more pellets than intended)[/quote][quote name='Trakan']All shotguns except the striker now shoot 9 pellets instead of 6. I'm pretty sure this is the equivalent of the extended mags glitch. This is great news. [/QUOTE]Well IW managed to do the exact opposite of what they said they were going to do.

[quote name='Trakan']Looks like a bunch of changes came with the DLC today.

All shotguns except the striker now shoot 9 pellets instead of 6. I'm pretty sure this is the equivalent of the extended mags glitch. This is great news. Lag compensation/theatre mode/networking is supposedly improved.

Robert Bowling said on a live stream that there is a possibility of new guns and old maps coming as DLC.

Also, a list of all DLC coming through September:

http://www.callofduty.com/contentcalendar[/QUOTE]

Does the extended mags glitch stack with this change to shotguns, or should I switch to grip for my SPAS?

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Does the extended mags glitch stack with this change to shotguns, or should I switch to grip for my SPAS?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing they fixed that in the process. I think I'd still prefer extended mags to grip, myself.

According to Bowling, all shotguns got the buff except the Striker which got nerfed. So it sounds like not only did it not get the extra pellets, its had damage reduced. I've been using it a lot. With the range proficiency, it was super effective.

I might the spas again.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Nice thanks for the review. Anyone else try out the maps yet? I downloaded them but haven't had the time to try em out yet.[/QUOTE]

Like 'em both -- a lot more than the majority of the original maps. Liberation is flat and is good for snipers, but also has routes around it to move. Finally a level where you can "breathe" without too much clutter all around you, which was an issue I had with a lot of the earlier MW3 maps. Piazza was a lot of fun the first time I tried it.

Overall, thumbs up. Big improvement.

so how is the dlc downloaded if you are premium elite (is it listed in download history afterward)? I'd like to have access to the maps etc a year from now since I doubt I'll renew/buy again

Yes, you get to keep the maps. They're just like any other DLC. Elite is a season pass. You're paying up front for all the DLC.

They claim to have improved lag compensation in this new patch, but the game seems as broken as ever to me.

Is there some secret to fixing this shit that everybody has done except me?

I like Piazza a lot, I also like Liberation but it's a total camp/snipefest. And it sure as hell doesn't feel like they nerfed the Striker, I was getting killed from ridiculous range as much as I was before this patch.

Robert Bowling via Twitter:

"Expect a 50% decrease to the fire rate of all Akimbo weapons in #MW3. We're doing a hotfix tonight to properly nerf them. Thanks Internet!"

[quote name='Ronzilla']Robert Bowling via Twitter:

"Expect a 50% decrease to the fire rate of all Akimbo weapons in #MW3. We're doing a hotfix tonight to properly nerf them. Thanks Internet!"[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. That'll make CQC primary users such as myself pretty damn happy.

I belong to a clan of about 20 people. If anyone is looking to join a clan to avoid the monotony of playing with randoms, send me a pm. High K/D and/or Elite Premium is a definite plus, but hey, as long as you can hold your own, I would be happy to have you. :D

Also, feel free to send me a friend request, though do mention it's from CAG. Too many people seem to be into infected lobbies and everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear akimbos are finally getting the nerf treatment. My friends and I destroyed an entire team using nothing but akimbos in Domination. They were crying that we were cheating because, apparently, they hadn't lost a match in 20 straight games, so we had to be doing something illegal. One of my friends advised the young man he should be doing his homework instead of crying to random people online. Holy rage quit Batman! It was amazing.

The only map I dislike so far is the park one. The rest are ok, nothing special to me right now. The park map forces the inner douche to come out in everyone...camping, quick scope sniping, shotguns/akimbos in the underground, you name it. I think there's a requirement to wear Affliction gear before the match actually begins, but that could all be hearsay and rumor that I just made up.

Liberation sucks and robert bowling is full of crap. Pooping on a franchise like cod. They need to tone down all the shotguns in the game, period by at least 40% range. There's no way someone who is 15 feet away or so should be able to shoot and kill me with 1 shot...only in cod

[quote name='intoxicated662']Liberation sucks and robert bowling is full of crap. Pooping on a franchise like cod. They need to tone down all the shotguns in the game, period by at least 40% range. There's no way someone who is 15 feet away or so should be able to shoot and kill me with 1 shot...only in cod[/QUOTE]

Will the Elite maps eventually roll into the regular playlists? I like the new maps, but I hate not being able to access them in FFA.

bread's done
Back