Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

[quote name='Chase']I encountered an odd error today.

"Error: Your playlist data is newer than the host's. You will be unable to play with them until they restart to get the new playlists."

I was joining games of people I had encountered in Double XP rooms the night before. Weird.[/quote]

i wonder if that means he could still do double xp??? that is weird. i miss double xp.

[quote name='Ow3n']i wonder if that means he could still do double xp??? that is weird. i miss double xp.[/QUOTE]

I quit playing COD5 due to no DoubleXP. I got to level 47 really quickly tho thanks to it. Once the next doublexp week rolls around, ill try to hit 65 and be done with the online portion. I still havent even played the single player mode on the game.

[quote name='Ow3n']i wonder if that means he could still do double xp??? that is weird. i miss double xp.[/quote]

I too miss Double XP. :whistle2:(

However, I found a good game of Search and Destroy often results in points equivalent to playing an okay game of Double XP Team Deathmatch (over 1000 XP).

[quote name='Chase']I too miss Double XP. :whistle2:(

However, I found a good game of Search and Destroy often results in points equivalent to playing an okay game of Double XP Team Deathmatch (over 1000 XP).[/quote]

and I've found it hard to find a "good" S&D game with randoms now that the NXE party system is there. I remember last night when the idiots on the other team were trying to tell their teammates where we were and realized they were not in party chat. I guess I just don't like S&D much especially when the spawns are sort of screwed like on Seelow when certain members of the defending team spawn at the start of the match able to quickly look down their sniper scope without taking a step and take out 1/2 or more of your team as soon as they spawn through the open windows of the house.

This game is really starting to wear on me but I'm fighting to keep enjoying it as much as I did COD4. :cry:

[quote name='woodcan']and I've found it hard to find a "good" S&D game with randoms now that the NXE party system is there. I remember last night when the idiots on the other team were trying to tell their teammates where we were and realized they were not in party chat. I guess I just don't like S&D much especially when the spawns are sort of screwed like on Seelow when certain members of the defending team spawn at the start of the match able to quickly look down their sniper scope without taking a step and take out 1/2 or more of your team as soon as they spawn through the open windows of the house.

This game is really starting to wear on me but I'm fighting to keep enjoying it as much as I did COD4. :cry:[/quote]

Ah yes, good point about people using the Party system to talk to dead teammates in games. That can be a bit bothersome.

We could always weave in games of COD4, Fleshington. :mrgreen: Also? Gears 2 and Left 4 Dead.

What keeps me going is fending off MVP and Ender while trying to persistently one-up (my neeeeeeemeeesiiiiiiiis) Red Beard.

I actually enjoy the first 20-something levels of level grinding; it's the following 40-something that wear me thin. I am unsure if I will prestige right away to the third prestige. It depends on Hamrt. :whistle2:k

I think I'm sitting on the second prestige for awhile once I complete it, Chase. Custom slot six was basically a throwaway last round and I'm not even sure I've touched custom slot seven, so having to go through two more prestiges to get the next custom slot seems worthless for now.

I'm liking the Red Beard idea. I thought I had a new gamertag picked out for when/if I change, but plans might need to be adjusted now...

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeemeeeeeeeeeeeeesiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!
2v9diq0.png

(If you're sticking on the second prestige, then I too will wait. I want the playing field to be even the race begins again.)

[quote name='Chase']
(If you're sticking on the second prestige, then I too will wait. I want the playing field to be even the race begins again.)[/quote]

I agree, you both should just take your time and stay at level 65 for awhile. :lol:

As for you Ender of all things Humane... I am catching you... I was able to get back to one level down on you and ahead of you in kills today. Now just as long as you don't torch me tonight when I am at work.

I think I just need to stick to hardcore to enjoy this game again...it worked tonight with Khondor and Ender. I felt the same way about COD4.

Chase, we definitely need to get back into L4D...I'm ashamed to say I have forgotten about it since no-one else has been playing, especially Joe ;-)

Hamster, I still say you go with 00Hamster

Left fo' Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead. :]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

I would be down for some Hardcore. I have no preference in the matter. In fact, I enjoy just about every game type that's not War, Domination, or Warination. :dunce:

if you guys are stilling on the bend about getting this game on the 360, sunday 21st Best Buy ad will have it for $34.99 which is a good price.
I'd get it now and price match next week against the ad to get the difference + 10% back.

[quote name='Chase']Left fo' Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead. :]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

I would be down for some Hardcore. I have no preference in the matter. In fact, I enjoy just about every game type that's not War, Domination, or Warination. :dunce:[/QUOTE]

No Hardcore :(

I just downloaded an update for World at War. Perhaps the Castle glitch is fixed? :whistle2:k

There is a pretty huge party online right now. Heart, get online! :mrgreen:

Well I played from about 9:30 PM until a few minutes ago. I don't know what the hell was wrong with my connection tonight. I couldn't join at all for some reason. Who was hosting for the majority of the time (during the big party)?

[quote name='mvp828']Well I played from about 9:30 PM until a few minutes ago. I don't know what the hell was wrong with my connection tonight. I couldn't join at all for some reason. Who was hosting for the majority of the time (during the big party)?[/quote]

Fleshie.

We missed you, MVP, and Osiris too. :grouphug:

Yeah, great times with the custom Private match.....we should do that more often when we have such a big group.

Sorry to MVP and Osiris not being able to join and for Simon wussing out on us and leaving early when there was only like 2 minutes left....boooo :shame:

[quote name='j_j']if you guys are stilling on the bend about getting this game on the 360, sunday 21st Best Buy ad will have it for $34.99 which is a good price.
I'd get it now and price match next week against the ad to get the difference + 10% back.[/quote]

Where'd you get this info from? If that's true, I'll go pick one up this evening and PM. Can I open it tonight then PM on Sunday with an open box?

[quote name='CrashC317']Where'd you get this info from? If that's true, I'll go pick one up this evening and PM. Can I open it tonight then PM on Sunday with an open box?[/quote]

If you buy it and it goes down in price you have 30 days to get price protected from Best Buy.

If anyone wants to play today. Send me a friend request. I just prestiged and I need to get some weapons back. I'm a scrub with just my Thompson. :cry:

[quote name='only use knife']o hai, new poster here. I play mostly COD 4 and WaW[/quote]

You'd fit right in with our old knife and pistols only matches we used to play on COD4 :applause:

[quote name='Chase']I just downloaded an update for World at War. Perhaps the Castle glitch is fixed? :whistle2:k

There is a pretty huge party online right now. Heart, get online! :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, apparently I missed the L4D Thursday memo and just got off.

[quote name='xcoax']Yeah, apparently I missed the L4D Thursday memo and just got off.[/quote]

:grouphug:

[quote name='woodcan']You'd fit right in with our old knife and pistols only matches we used to play on COD4 :applause:[/quote]

Hehehe... yeah, Only Use Knife, feel free to shoot me a friend request. :)

If you need another person, just let me know. I also have Left 4 Dead. I haven't joined a game because I've counted more than 6 playing the same mode/map so I've assumed you had a full room.

[quote name='xcoax']Yeah, apparently I missed the L4D Thursday memo and just got off.[/quote]

I think I'd rather have "gotten off" too ;)

[quote name='MSUHitman']If you need another person, just let me know. I also have Left 4 Dead. I haven't joined a game because I've counted more than 6 playing the same mode/map so I've assumed you had a full room.[/quote]

Never assume we're full MSU because most of the time we end up playing with randoms.

During the doublexp weekend, i joined a room that had 2 CAG members in it along with myself randomly and we played a mess of games together. Good times. I think matt was one of them?

[quote name='danked']can you use the death card cheats in the zombie mode ?[/quote]

Nope. Death cards may only be used in co-op.

[quote name='danked']right but isn't zombie mode co-op......[/quote]

Sorry. Let me clarify: death cards can only be used in cooperative campaign. Unfortunately.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']is this game worth $35 just for campaign co-op and zombie co-op? I don't have live gold...[/quote]

No.

[quote name='blitz6speed']During the doublexp weekend, i joined a room that had 2 CAG members in it along with myself randomly and we played a mess of games together. Good times. I think matt was one of them?[/quote]

I am thinking that you were in a room with both Matts (myself and Matt Young). I recognize your name and I think you were in there with us two. Anyways, send me a friend request and I will be sure to get you in with us sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Either add MVP and people that post a lot in the CAG Call of Duty group, or add Hitman's World at War gamertag-group-thingy (COD WatW; I think that's it; possibly add Hitman himself :whistle2:#).

[quote name='woodcan']You'd fit right in with our old knife and pistols only matches we used to play on COD4 :applause:[/quote]

Lol...i have had some amazingly fun knife matches on COD4 :D

Im thinking of picking up WaW after Christmas. Throw me a FR if you wanna play (when i get it). No childish little kids please!

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']Lol...i have had some amazingly fun knife matches on COD4 :D

Im thinking of picking up WaW after Christmas. Throw me a FR if you wanna play (when i get it). No childish little kids please![/quote]

Well you will want to get it before next Sunday at Best Buy as it's $35 through Saturday there.

I believe I'm getting this game for Christmas. I've only played Call of Duty 2, and Call of Duty 3. Have the games stepped up since then? I remember those two games basically being the same thing storyline wise. I never had a chance to go online with the two games though.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I believe I'm getting this game for Christmas. I've only played Call of Duty 2, and Call of Duty 3. Have the games stepped up since then? I remember those two games basically being the same thing storyline wise. I never had a chance to go online with the two games though.[/quote]

Uh, you seriously haven't heard anything about COD4? It was game of the year last year and arguably the best FPS on the 360.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I believe I'm getting this game for Christmas. I've only played Call of Duty 2, and Call of Duty 3. Have the games stepped up since then? I remember those two games basically being the same thing storyline wise. I never had a chance to go online with the two games though.[/quote]

There was a little game called Call of Duty 4...

I know guys, lol. However I think Call of Duty 4 was created by a different company, or so I've heard from others. Don't jump the gun to provide some positive answers. ;) Was just asking a simple question. I'm getting it anyway because I've enjoyed the other games in the series, was just asking for knowledge.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I know guys, lol. However I think Call of Duty 4 was created by a different company, or so I've heard from others. Don't jump the gun to provide some positive answers. ;) Was just asking a simple question. I'm getting it anyway because I've enjoyed the other games in the series, was just asking for knowledge.[/quote]

COD2 was made by the same guys that did 4. WaW is just a WW2 skin on the COD4 engine. Its good, but not nearly as good as COD4. The answer to your question is yes, they have FAR out done the first few games.

Well, World at War's online multiplayer is enjoyable, though I much more enjoyed Call of Duty 4. I do prefer World at War's maps, though; I think. Perhaps. Maybe. World at War plays like the offspring of Bad Company and Call of Duty 4. Revisiting Call of Duty 4 emphasizes this. But yes, only get World at War if you're going to use its online multiplayer. Its story campaign mode is rubbish.

bread's done
Back