[Canada] Few Crazy EB Price Drops

Arcturian

CAGiversary!
As of yesterday (April 19) in Fredericton, NB the two EBs here reduced the following NEW games to the following RIDICULOUSLY LOW prices. please note I have listed the game's titles, system, price, and a symbol which indicates with which emotion you should respond to said prices.

Stranglehold CE:360 - $15.00 (!)
Spiderman: Friend or Foe - $10.00 (forget which system) (?...)
Chibi Robo: Park Patrol:DS - $10.00 (!!)
uhhh other actually good games which I am forgetting right now.

I bought El Strangleholdo for this price, mmhmm.

ROCK AND ROLL

[quote name='Spades22']AC has 30$ TIV at EB??! That's pretty sweet...I can get 3 games for that :p

haha somehow missed the player review posted on the first page before for FoF. Then I looked at IGN's and the game looks pretty crappy. I bet it would just be fun to zoom through with a friend (or 3? if its allowed) and grab some GP. Then I could maybe use it as a water frisbie or something...not bad for 10$.

Oh ya and whats better, Madden 07 or All pro football 2k8? I'm in the mood for a football game lately...[/quote]

Are you a NFL 2k5 fan? Then pick up All-Pro.

Madden 07 is OK but not as good as 08. All-Pro has more of an arcade feel to it with the special moves and such.

If you want realistic and official licence go for 07. If you're just looking for fun, All-Pro.

I've owned Madden 06, 07, 08 and All-Pro and Madden 08 is the best. All-Pro was fun but I tired of it quickly.

EDIT: Anyone know of any other bargain PS3 titles? Hopefully I can track down The Bigs.

[quote name='rmatheso']

BTW Assassin's Creed trade-in value was still $30.00.[/quote]

Which EB did you go to? The EBG around Mississauga was giving us a $15 TIV for AC. Turok - which is a brand new game was only $22.

I took my AC to BBV for $35 and Turok for $35 as well.

I am wondering if maybe some TIV went up? I was in 2 weeks ago and EB only offered $17 for Tiger 08 and I sold it to a friend for $20... and today I read in the TIV thread that they are giving $35 for it? If Assassin's Creed is trading in for $30 then I should probably get around to playing it and trading it!

Thanks Op,
I picked up Chibi-Robo which I've been wanting for months and Prey CE (it came with cute little pewter figurines). Also a cheap used copy of Mario Bros Deluxe for the GBC that I've been searching for.

Went through the topic and this seems to be the list?
Stranglehold CE - $15
Spiderman: Friend or Foe - $10
DS Chibi Robo: Park Patrol - $10
Two Worlds - $10
Madden 07 - $10
March Madness 07 - $10
WWE 2007 - $10
Project Sylpheed - $10
Superman - $10
Spider-Man 3 - $10
Halo 3 (French Edition) - $10
Prey LE - $10 (maybe $15)
All Pro Football 2K8 - $10
The Darkness - $10 ($20 for PS3)
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - $10
Moto GP - $10
The Bigs - $10

If The Darkness is confirmed to be $10, I'll probably try to pick that up, especially since that's about the price of a BlockBuster rental these days.

[quote name='ProfNut']I was buying Stranglehold CE at my local EB Games when one of the clerks said aloud "I wonder why it's so cheap." Another clerk, who felt quite clever and witty, whispered in his ear "Coz it sucks MAN!".

Well... if this is just a sample of what these clerks thinks of videogames... I wonder what they sell to the unsuspecting customers...[/quote]

I probably would have said something like "Ya I know, this game is crap...I'm just buying it from you guys so i can bring it to BB and make some money"(even though its not true :p) I dislike like 9/10 EB clerks...a lot of them are just .... weird.

So out of that list, only Bigs and the Darkness are for PS3?

[quote name='Firestorm']Went through the topic and this seems to be the list?
Stranglehold CE - $15
DS Chibi Robo: Park Patrol - $10
Two Worlds - $10
Madden 07 - $10
March Madness 07 - $10
WWE 2007 - $10
Project Sylpheed - $10
Superman - $10
Spider-Man 3 - $10
The Darkness - $10 ($20 for PS3)
Moto GP - $10
The Bigs - $10[/quote]

I talked to one of the EB managers today and he said these titles were slow moving inventory they wanted to clear out. He did not indicate if this was a precursor to a larger sale or not.

I grabbed The Bigs (PS2) for $4.89 and Maelstrom (PC) for $9.89.

[quote name='Spades22']I probably would have said something like "Ya I know, this game is crap...I'm just buying it from you guys so i can bring it to BB and make some money"(even though its not true :p) I dislike like 9/10 EB clerks...a lot of them are just .... weird.[/quote]

They aren't weird, they are rude plain and simple. Most EB "clerks" (and that's as far as they get) are under the assumption anyone who doesn't work at EB is a downright moron. Sad thing is, they do put up with a LOT of crap from children, parents who leave children in the store and idiots who call them every half hour asking for new releases or trade in values (sorry guys but I have to credit them for getting annoyed with that, you try putting up with people asking questions that really should only pertain to in-store).

Most clerks have the ever so annoying elitist attitude, if you aren't pre-ordering, you are lower than scum. If you have a direct question about older games, you are stupid.

I despise EB in general, I've just switch to Microplay or eBay for the majority of my games and never looked back unless it's an exclusive.

Saw some new price on a few game
-Sega Rally revolution x360---10$
-Cliver Barker Jericho x360----10$
-Tony Hawk Proving ground x360---10$

[quote name='thelostdude']Saw some new price on a few game
-Sega Rally revolution x360---10$
-Cliver Barker Jericho x360----10$
-Tony Hawk Proving ground x360---10$[/quote]

Going to EB tomorrow, hope to find Tony Hawk. Yeah it's been the same game for the last 8 years but for $10 I'd still buy it.

[quote name='Corizzle']Going to EB tomorrow, hope to find Tony Hawk. Yeah it's been the same game for the last 8 years but for $10 I'd still buy it.[/quote]

The guy at my local EB informed me that these aren't on clearance, they are just putting them on sale for a day or two at a time. Some of the titles that were 10 bucks are back up (ie the Bigs).

Dang it, I can't seem to get Genji here myself. It's back up to $25? Anybody able to pick one up at $10 for me?

(Oh, and Overlord for the PC was $15 used.)

Add another, 2 GB SanDisk SD Card (use for the Wii, your camera, etc) for $9.99. That's what I overheard the lady at the counter saying to a customer anyway. This is the current list? Does anyone remember the platforms for the top games?

PS3
Genji 2 - $10
The Darkness - $20
The Bigs - $10

PS2
Bigs - $5

PC
Maelstrom - $10
Overlord (Used) - $15

Stranglehold CE - $15
Two Worlds - $10
Madden 07 - $10
March Madness 07 - $10
WWE 2007 - $10
Project Sylpheed - $10
Superman - $10
Spider-Man 3 - $10
The Darkness - $10
Moto GP - $10
Bioshock - $40
Sega Rally Revolution - $10
Clive Barker's Jericho - $10
Tony Hawk Proving Ground - $10
Viva Pinata Party Animals - $10
Devil May Cry 4 Collector's Editon - $65

DS
Chibi Robo: Park Patrol - $10
Touch Detective 2 1/2 - $10
Touch Golf - $10
Pokemon Trozei - $10
Magical Starsign DS - $10

GCN
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - $10
Chibi Robo (Used) - $5
Star Wars Episode III (Used) - $5

PSP
SOCOM - $10

Misc
2GB SanDisk SD Card - $10

Does anyone know if any of the 360 games' PS3 counterparts are on sale? Also, from what I can see, this looks like the same sale EB had last year at this time of the year with Phoenix Wright at $20. Same red tags and everything. And last year they actually ordered games specifically for the sale.

hopefully the ebgames in toronto have Genji. Its a good deal for $10. No one has receipt for it in Ontario????

I'll check it out tomorrow tho. thanks for the deal OP

[quote name='jonkaho']which Star Wars is it?
Devil May Cry 4 - 64.99
[/quote]
HOT!!!!!

Genji 2 could be a good deal, does anyone know if they fixed that terrible lag that is in the demo? It's pretty unplayable as it is.

[quote name='elevature']I really hope I can find a copy of Touch Detective for that price, that's a hot deal.[/quote]

its soo amazing....one of the ds's top games!!!!

Published by atlus....hmmm....wonder if it would go up in value..

[quote name='gamer602']Published by atlus....hmmm....wonder if it would go up in value..[/quote]

Unlikely, there are lots of rare (hell, all of them except Myst are rare :lol:) good adventure games that are worthless. And Touch Detective wasn't all that well received. Still a hot deal though, I paid like $20~$30 for each of them and was throughly satisfied :)

They had Touch Detective for less than $10 in Calgary, and the Prey LE was 15, standard was 10.
Buddy of mine picked up The Darkness and Spiderman 3.
I'm hoping they put up Overlord, which they had tons of copies in.

I was told today that Stranglehold CE isn't on sale anymore and that it was only a 2 day sale and that it's $40 now and that they have none left in stock anyway. :cry:

Zack and Wiki is $19.99 now.

How is Viva Pinata Party animals? I know some of you must have rented it for Achievement Points :p
I'm thinking of it for my 5 and 6 year old.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Zack and Wiki is $19.99 now.

How is Viva Pinata Party animals? I know some of you must have rented it for Achievement Points :p
I'm thinking of it for my 5 and 6 year old.[/quote]

Since its $10, how can you go wrong.!?!?!

I bet after youre done with it, you can still trade it back FOR A PROFIT!

New $19.99. The Kanata store is sold out but I'm hoping one of the other stores will have stock.
The price dropped at the U.S. EB also.

DANGIT more games I need to get....gah I need more games to trade IN

By the way, viva pinata party animals is still 50$ at FS, so you can save 4$ yet and get the game for 6!!! I feel like trying to PM but I dont know if they'd allow it...I have no flyer or anything so what could I say? Oh ya Sega Rally is also 60$ there and Tony hawk is 50$...so you could get all 3 games for 17$ :D

Only game I really wanted to get out of this was Project Sylpheed, and they only have used French versions for $8. I didn't know how much English was in it so I passed.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']How is Viva Pinata Party animals? I know some of you must have rented it for Achievement Points :p
I'm thinking of it for my 5 and 6 year old.[/quote]

I played the demo for it and it seems decent for a mini game collection. I'd say download it first and you could even let the kids try it to see how much they like it. I guess if you were going to surprise them with it though then you could always try it yourself.

Firestorm you can add DK Bongo Blast Wii to your list for $10 new.
I picked up Viva for my sons the youngest is having fun with it and he just earned me 4 Achievements in 1 race lol.

Passed by an EBGames during lunch and picked up Jericho, Viva Pinata Party Animal, Chibi Robo DS and for a friend Darkness and Sega Rally Revo (already had both of 'em).

Asked for Genji 2 but they were out and it seems the price went back up. Too bad I didn't know about DK Bongo Blast Wii, I would've picked it up.

Walked to the closest EB and Two Worlds and The Darkness are back up, tho Darkness used is 10 bucks.

Got myself a copy of Darkness, Jericho and Chibirobo DS and I think I'm good for now.

bread's done
Back