[Canada] Few Crazy EB Price Drops

Arcturian

CAGiversary!
As of yesterday (April 19) in Fredericton, NB the two EBs here reduced the following NEW games to the following RIDICULOUSLY LOW prices. please note I have listed the game's titles, system, price, and a symbol which indicates with which emotion you should respond to said prices.

Stranglehold CE:360 - $15.00 (!)
Spiderman: Friend or Foe - $10.00 (forget which system) (?...)
Chibi Robo: Park Patrol:DS - $10.00 (!!)
uhhh other actually good games which I am forgetting right now.

I bought El Strangleholdo for this price, mmhmm.

ROCK AND ROLL

Grabbed Viva today... also noticed Stranglehold was back up, but everything else mentioned was the sale price.

[quote name='doctorofstyle']well it was good while it lasted as a CAG exclusive.[/quote]
It really is true... Just about everybody on CAG Canada is good-natured, friendly and helpful to find good deals.
The atmosphere on RFD is just so... venomous. They are so quick to slam and ridicule.
Is it a Toronto thing? (hehe, j/k T.O. members!)

Bah. The OP who did this on RFD was at the FS right next to my house. I wish I could've been there to punch them. I just read a few of the posts on RFD, and I saw one person post how they're going to go PM about 28 games to get enough credit to buy a second PS3. Ridiculous.

This is one good example that such deal should never be posted on RFD.

LOL - I bought 10 copies of the various games and now have a BBV credit over $240.

10 x 5.88 = 58.88 plus tax = $66.33

10 x 24 TIV = $240!

It's just like MAGIC!

Consider this deal dead. Hoarders are raiding FS/BB/EB right now.

[quote name='CaptainCharismaCCC']deal is on RFD and its probably too late as one guy says he bought 10 copies of a game and traded all of them to bbv.[/quote]

That's just sad.

Zack and Wiki for $20 sounds tempting. I doubt I need any more games though, as I'm installing Orange Box right now.

[quote name='Littleberu']What do you want to do with BBV instore credits anyway?[/quote]

Games, consoles, movie rentals, dvd boxsets, and even BluRays. And since BBV gives more credit (not tax-free though), people are starting to trade in there more than EB.

[quote name='danthemightyone']This is one good example that such deal should never be posted on RFD.

Consider this deal dead. Hoarders are raiding FS/BB/EB right now.[/quote]

That quote is from the OP who got the deal from here.

I just wanna go and hopefully pick up Zack and Wiki this weekend once exams are done. Hopefully that OP on RFD didn't raid the two EBs near my house.

I managed to pick up Stranglehold and Project Sylpheed last weekend from the EB at Shoppers World Brampton and today I picked up Sega Rally Revo used at the Toronto Eaton Center location. I ended up buying the used one which was only $2 less, but I figured I probably would have ended up with a gutted copy anyways so what the hell.

[quote name='Median']I managed to pick up Stranglehold and Project Sylpheed last weekend from the EB at Shoppers World Brampton and today I picked up Sega Rally Revo used at the Toronto Eaton Center location. I ended up buying the used one which was only $2 less, but I figured I probably would have ended up with a gutted copy anyways so what the hell.[/quote]
Do you like commute to Ryerson University or something (just a guess)? Shoppers World Brampton and Eaton Center is a long ways apart :lol:

I picked up Sega Rally Revo and Spiderman 3 today. I have to take Spiderman 3 back though because the disc is complete crap. The one time I don't ask to look at the disc before leaving...

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Looks like one RFDer is actually sick of the hoarding going on there because of this deal
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6742229#post6742229

He's protesting the smooth move by this braniac
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6740997#post6740997

Think his suggestion would do much to stop people?

:roll:[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that a few hours ago:cry:. It's a shame people like that gratuitously abuse such deals and ruin it for everyone else:cry:. I love RFD but this type of hoarding exemplifies its dark side...

AH lock, i would have grabbed an extra copy had i known a member would have wanted one!

my niece loves it and she is actually better than I am at it, i'd almost be willing to put money on her in a race if i gave her a soda heh

i was told the prices go down tomorrow or friday and some new ones come, so i will be watching/calling.

I hang around RFD a lot and some of the people on that board make me sick. Buying 40 games for trade-in, using multiple accounts in contests, selling Wiis to make a profit... RFD is not about deals anymore, it's about suckering / stealing people in petty schemes.

I bought Stranglehold CE for 15$, but heck, I can look myself in the mirror.

[quote name='Lockescythe']I kinda wanted to try DK blast and for 10 bucks I would've.

Anyone have a copy they'd sell at cost for me?[/quote]

I could probably find a copy for you at my local BB tomorrow. I'm already going to pick up a few extra copies of Jericho for other people so it's not a big deal. Where are you located? I'll probably have to ship it if you aren't local.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Looks like one RFDer is actually sick of the hoarding going on there because of this deal
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6742229#post6742229

He's protesting the smooth move by this braniac
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6740997#post6740997

Think his suggestion would do much to stop people?

:roll:[/quote]That's just disgusting. But I kind of lawled that he pissed around his time flipping games instead of studying for his exam. Hope karma takes a dump on his GPA.

Ugh. This is why I reduced my lurking around RFD. Get too riled-up reading on hoarding posts.

I'll stop by my EB again and look for DK.

Browsing the thread, I didn't see it mentioned(might have missed it), but Crush for the PSP is also part of the $10 sale. It's a pretty fun game.

[quote name='ProfNut']I hang around RFD a lot and some of the people on that board make me sick. Buying 40 games for trade-in, using multiple accounts in contests, selling Wiis to make a profit... RFD is not about deals anymore, it's about suckering / stealing people in petty schemes.

I bought Stranglehold CE for 15$, but heck, I can look myself in the mirror.[/quote]

This is the reason you came here. Am I right?

Has anyone seen Sega Rally Revo, Jericho or Stranglehold for $10 for the PC? I've seen it for the 360, but I don't know if the price is the same. If so, I'm going to go looking.

wow, this is quite a few games to all get price drops at once. quite different from last summer's "Game of the Day" setup, with the amount of 360 and PS3 titles. heck, i didn't think i'd see a Wii game on the list, for that matter.

sadly, none of these titles are exactly sexy enough to me that i'd drive down to EB. i'm actually rather okay with what i have right now, for a change, haha.

[quote name='TheClair']Has anyone seen Sega Rally Revo, Jericho or Stranglehold for $10 for the PC? I've seen it for the 360, but I don't know if the price is the same. If so, I'm going to go looking.[/quote]Stranglehold (PC) was only $30 when I saw it. Not sure about the others.

Thanks to everyone for updating the list. I was able to pick up Sega Rally Revo and Touch Detective 2 1/2. I'm still thinking about The Darkness and Two Worlds used though.

I hate when the floodgates open like this on red flags. I genuinely believe that most of the people on this forum bought a game to play it (personally, I bought Chibi Robo, its pretty good). Buying 40+ copies of a games is ridiculous and totally slap-worthy towards the idiot that conceives this idea and than acts upon it. These people should get proper jobs, bunch of low-life bottom-feeders.

P.S. I personally have two Mom and Pop (personally owned) video game stores near my house. These people work very hard to make a living, are genuinely very nice, and actually show interest in their customers (e.g. one guy asks how my family is doing, how was my day, etc.). I urge others who also know privately owned stores to make them aware of this deal, therefore, they wont get bombarded by idiots who hoarded these games and were not able to return/sell their games.

Ok Zelda. Adding DK Bongo Blast. You guys can just copy paste and just say which games your adding. I'm flat broke so haven't bought anything =(

PS3
Genji 2 - $10
The Darkness - $20
The Bigs - $10

PS2
Bigs - $5

PC
Maelstrom - $10
Overlord (Used) - $15

Stranglehold CE - $15
Spiderman: Friend or Foe - $10
Two Worlds - $10
Madden 07 - $10
March Madness 07 - $10
WWE 2007 - $10
Project Sylpheed - $10
Superman - $10
Spider-Man 3 - $10
Halo 3 (French Edition) - $10
Prey LE - $10 (maybe $15)
All Pro Football 2K8 - $10
The Darkness - $10
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - $10
Moto GP - $10
Bioshock - $40
Sega Rally Revolution - $10
Clive Barker's Jericho - $10
Tony Hawk Proving Ground - $10
Viva Pinata Party Animals - $10
Devil May Cry 4 Collector's Editon - $65

Wii
DK Bongo Blast - $10

DS
Chibi Robo: Park Patrol - $10
Touch Detective 2 1/2 - $10
Touch Golf - $10
Pokemon Trozei - $10
Magical Starsign DS - $10

GCN
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - $10
Chibi Robo (Used) - $5
Star Wars Episode III (Used) - $5

PSP
SOCOM - $10

Misc
2GB SanDisk SD Card - $10

In case anybody didn't catch the RCCP1977's thread before it went up in flames: apparently BBV is getting wise and not accepting trade-ins for most of these titles. Just a heads up, in case somebody here was considering to abuse the system...

[quote name='gamer602']This is the reason you came here. Am I right?[/quote]

Well, I began reading here because (so far) people are looking for deals and not how to buy massive amounts of cheap games to get some absurd amount of store credit.

I actually try to play the games I buy, so I don't need 10 copies of Stranglehold ;)

I grabbed:

:360:Viva Pinata: Party Animals - $7.99
:360:)Jericho - $7.99
:wii:Donkey Kong Barrel Blast - $9.99
:gba:Drill Dozer - $4.99

Play Drill Dozer right away don't let it gather dust on the shelf. It's one of the best GBA games.
If You have any family members with kids that are stuck with crappy licensed games for the GBA/DS pick up this cheap game for them. Also one for yourself :p

Wait...Barrel Blast on Wii is on sale too? Damn! I would've picked that one up yesterday. I think I'm going back today anyways to get a new Spider-Man 3 disc though.

[quote name='Lockescythe']how much is used z and wik now?[/QUOTE]

It's $14.99 used, I found a store that has stock but I'll get it new anyway just to support good Capcom games.

I find it interesting that when the 'secret' sale we all shared here inevitably broke on RFD, their thread degenerated into 2 sides... one side that was out to profit and gloat, and the others that were sickened and disgusted at their avarice.
I don't like to read too far into RFD threads as they get me riled up, but I am glad that finally some members (as I see, are members here too :) ) are brave enough to say enough is enough.
I thank the admins, and esp. the decent, reasonable members here, that provide a fair and friendly discussion area to share our discoveries about GAMES SALES not to profit, but SO WE CAN PLAY.

[quote name='marsteam']I find it interesting that when the 'secret' sale we all shared here inevitably broke on RFD, their thread degenerated into 2 sides... one side that was out to profit and gloat, and the others that were sickened and disgusted at their avarice.
I don't like to read too far into RFD threads as they get me riled up, but I am glad that finally some members (as I see, are members here too :) ) are brave enough to say enough is enough.
I thank the admins, and esp. the decent, reasonable members here, that provide a fair and friendly discussion area to share our discoveries about GAMES SALES not to profit, but SO WE CAN PLAY.[/quote]

I was a member on RFD long before I found CAG, but I'm glad I came here as the members are more helpful and there are less hoarders. Because of CAG I was able to get 5 games in this sale, the ones I wanted most. If this was posted on RFD first I probably would have gotten 0. I don't think RFD is all bad though, just like most places there are good and bad members. The problem is it is so large that the bad members tend to ruin the really good deals quickly

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Someone on RFD posted that Quake Wars and Tabula Rasa are $9.89. Both are PC games.[/quote]:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

(towards Quake Wars. Tabula Rasa gets boring rather quickly)

bread's done
Back