Castlevania:LoS $19.99 at Fry's for Ps3/Xbox360 (DEAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunate they are sold out of the PS3 version and the 360 version does me no good. If Amazon ever PM's then I will be all over it.

I called Toys R Us (1-888-222-9787) and had no trouble price-matching and ordering the standard version (the one that's on sale) for 19.99, and also since I just started my Shop Runner 30 day trial I got 2 day shipping for free.

According to FRY's website every store in the Bay Area and further is sold out of the 360 version. Because of that Best Buy didn't price match. fml

Fry's limit is 1 per customer for this (in store and online), I told my friend about the deal and he snagged one today, they had at least 30+ locked up in the cage and +5 on on display where you can just grab.

This is good so no douche can come in buying 5 copies at once!

[quote name='tdodge72']PS3 version that is.[/QUOTE]

Second this right here.
At first I thought people were getting confused with FYE, only because I had never heard of "Fry's"

Anyone in the Woodland Hills area, the fry's there had about 4-5 more copies of the ps3 version of the game.

[quote name='jokoloko']Anyone in the Woodland Hills area, the fry's there had about 4-5 more copies of the ps3 version of the game.[/QUOTE]

i live here in sherman oaks. how far are you from that store? can you go buy one for me and ship it on my address? i'll pay with paypal. $19.99 + our sales tax + $2 shipping. Please buy one for me.

does anyone here know if best buy can price match this? and how far in distance does it have to be in order for them to price match? best buy to the near frys in around 6 miles. do you think they can PM that?

[quote name='Muroso']does anyone here know if best buy can price match this? and how far in distance does it have to be in order for them to price match? best buy to the near frys in around 6 miles. do you think they can PM that?[/QUOTE]

6 miles, yeah, they would PM it.
If you have the Fry's ad from newspaper in hand, most of the time BB won't even bother to check whether fry's still has them in stock. But if you are trying to get them to match an online ad, it may be tougher.

[quote name='jjmai']6 miles, yeah, they would PM it.
If you have the Fry's ad from newspaper in hand, most of the time BB won't even bother to check whether fry's still has them in stock. But if you are trying to get them to match an online ad, it may be tougher.[/QUOTE]

thanks!

[quote name='Muroso']i live here in sherman oaks. how far are you from that store? can you go buy one for me and ship it on my address? i'll pay with paypal. $19.99 + our sales tax + $2 shipping. Please buy one for me.[/QUOTE]

Sherman Oaks? That isn't far from where the fry's is located. I suggest just heading out there yourself rather than have me as the middle man.

Meh to West Coast chains. I was hoping to grab this but being in NY that's obviously not going to happen. S'alright though, I've got over a dozen games backlogged already. Wait, do you hear that? I think someone already called the wambulance for me, thanks I could use one right now.

[quote name='CaoPi']Fry's limit is 1 per customer for this (in store and online), I told my friend about the deal and he snagged one today, they had at least 30+ locked up in the cage and +5 on on display where you can just grab.

This is good so no douche can come in buying 5 copies at once![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, B&M Fry's don't enforce their "limit 1 per customer" policy. Realistically, how could they with 20+ registers staffed by zombies.

Got a PM at Best Buy. SotN is an awesome bonus.

Not a deal, but picked up the David Attenborough version of LIFE on blu-ray @ Fry's. I don't think BB carries it.

[quote name='FromChaos']Is the sale ad from last sunday's paper?[/QUOTE]

Fry's ads generally run on Friday morning if you're in an area with them..

I am, I wanted to try to PM at best buy though...The closest frys is 18 miles away. Do you know how long this runs?

[quote name='token2k6']Fry's ads generally run on Friday morning if you're in an area with them..[/QUOTE]

Fry's ads run on Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat in my area. But Friday is normally the largest ad with four pages while the others are just one page on the back of the sports section.

[quote name='FromChaos']I am, I wanted to try to PM at best buy though...The closest frys is 18 miles away. Do you know how long this runs?[/QUOTE]

Fry's on my area is 7miles and it took me 20mins to get there tru freeway.

[quote name='FromChaos']I am, I wanted to try to PM at best buy though...The closest frys is 18 miles away. Do you know how long this runs?[/QUOTE]

It's a clearance price, so as long as they have them in stock.

The Austin Fry's had a couple dozen 360 versions as of an hour ago. Said they had PS3, too, but I didn't verify.

Just picked up a copy from their Anaheim store on East La Palma. The store had about 6 copies of the PS3 version on the shelf and another two dozen or so locked inside the cage.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Just price matched this at Best Buy and got the Limited Edition version for 19.99. Woot. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Oh snaps. I'mma go again if I can get the limited edition also.

[quote name='jjmai']Just realized that the limited edition's cover looks strikingly similar to the standard edition...[/QUOTE]

It does, doesn't it? Wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks for the nudge.

Got BBuy to price match it this morning for the PS3 version. They checked Fry's site and made sure they had it in stock before performing the match. The first one I went to last night (Schaumburg, IL) had been out of stock since before Fry's price hit, but the one this morning (Kildeer, IL) had one copy of standard and one copy of LE.

Last edited by a moderator:
disregard what I said earlier. The Best Buy in Sunnyvale, CA has both versions in stock and is currently price matching. Just bring them a printout from the frys website or the newspaper ad.

Great deal, thanks for the heads up OP. Had no problem price matching at BB with a print out from Fry's website.
This is the Cascade Station, OR Best Buy, and there were 4 PS3 copies left, all with the "free copy of SOTN" stickers.

They are able to look up the ad themselves at the store, but if they do, they are likely to check availability at the nearest Fry's location and will likely deny the match if it is indicated as sold out.

[quote name='Mafoofoo']Anyone know if the voucher for SOTN ever expires or not?[/QUOTE]

The slip of paper with the code found within the game case doesn't say so, and as far as I've gone with the website www.konami.com/castlevaniaoffer there hasn't been any indication either.

Darn, looks like I missed out... I don't have any Fry's or Best Buy's nearby - only Wal-marts - so I can't do the in-store pick-up, and standard shipping is sold out...

Blast.

I had a $20 Reward zone certificate to use, and I'm glad I was able to price match this at Best Buy! Only had to pay tax which was about $2. Thanks OP! :)

Product page worked for a PM. Always brought in a weekly ad flyer, never a print out from a web page, but it worked just fine. And I was able to get the LE too. Got an extra Symphany of The Night code now. Is there a DLC trade thread on here?

Did anyone not get the limited edition to price-match? I mean, how gullible are these price-matchers? Employees at my Best Buy are so stringent, they'd be like, "No, you cheater! It's the limited edition!"

[quote name='token2k6']Awesome! Just got back from a PM at Best Buy (if you don't have an ad, its on page 7 I think of the on-line ad, under Hot Weekly Deals or whatever) Took the PS3 version up to the CS counter, had a smoking hot clerk (about 5'11", skinny, dirty blonde shorter hair, h-o-t) While waiting for the manager to show up, started schmoozing with her and when the manager walked away, pulled out the 12% coupon PDF on my phone and asked her nicely if she could scan it. She didn't even give me a line like it was against the rules, hit total, and it worked!! (YMMV as always) Then laid down $15 in RZ certs and by the end, she said 'pretty good deal!' I just smiled and thanked her, knowing what the better deal would have been ;)

Walking out of the store, noticed a little sticker on there for a free code to DL Symphony of Night from the Konami website! Not sure if this was a BB exclusive, or if every copy has it, but I guess look out for a little sticker like that. And also, this is one of dem games where the back has french (and even a third language) plastered all over it. It does say it runs in 1080p for the PS3 which is always nice to see after so many games that don't..Thanks again joker!![/QUOTE]

Hi! Can you please post a link to the coupon? I actually came across it before but I searched and searched and can't find it right now. I really want to go to BB and get this! Thanks a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back