Castlevania:LoS $19.99 at Fry's for Ps3/Xbox360 (DEAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to PM at BB with just the printout. The CS rep was going to check the Frys website on her phone when I handed her the printout. My local Frys still has both versions in stock, so all the printout did was save some time.

I didn't try for the LE, I thought they'd just outright deny that.

[quote name='sadboy']Did anyone not get the limited edition to price-match? I mean, how gullible are these price-matchers? Employees at my Best Buy are so stringent, they'd be like, "No, you cheater! It's the limited edition!"[/QUOTE]Since the LE only looks a little different and doesn't say Limited Edition on the front I tried, but the chic must have seen LE in the description on the register and checked with a manager who's a gamer and said no. Just said I didn't know it was an LE since it didn't say it anwhere on the front and grabbed a standard.

5 Star all the way. Great deal. I just moved near the Anaheim one and I have been looking for a reason to visit (and since I just got a new job). Ordered so I guess i'll go pick it up tomorrow.

DDD-

CAGs lets flood amazon with this for a price match, not all of us have this close near :( , good for those who can get it tho

got my copy at best buy (had to pricematch with the frys ad) and the BB copy includes "symphony of light" which is a ps1 castlevania game, hell yeargh!!!

[quote name='Archfiend']got my copy at best buy (had to pricematch with the frys ad) and the BB copy includes "symphony of light" which is a ps1 castlevania game, hell yeargh!!![/QUOTE]
lol That'd make an awesome Castlevania game.

Yeah, Best Buy was the only store that had copies that come with SOTN (must have been a store specific promotion). Look for the little sticker on the box.

I returned my Fry's copy and did a pm at Best Buy using a printout of the online ad that was posted in this thread (worked great since it also says that it is the 'store' price). Associate did not even bother calling Fry's to see if they had any copies available (my Fry's still has a ton left - both xbox & ps3)

I went to Fry's in Northern California and there are still plenty in stock. If you want to buy more than one copy, the cashier will just ring them up separately. A friend who works at Fry's told me they are selling them that low because the company ordered too many copies that didn't sell at the original price point during Christmas so they have tons in stock.

If you want to find one in your area, go here:
frys.com/product/6393781
click "add cart" then on the next page, click "checkout"
then enter "zipcode" and click "find nearest store" which will list the stores that have them in stock.

If you are out of luck, try eBay next weekend because it will be flooded with this game and you should be able to get one for about $25 shipped.

Thinking of trying this out for the LE, and if that doesn't work then the regular edition. No Fry's around my area (or even in FL) so hoping BB will still PM.

[quote name='coopx']Just got a copy from Fry's, if your near City of Industry, CA theres like 100pcs on stock.[/QUOTE]

cool good to hear, i live like 3 miles away.... should have not beer last night, now im broke... lol

I got BB to price match the Frys ad. I did try to get the LE version but they said no way guy. Mine did come with the code for the PS1 game, too bad I already got it during the 15 years sale :(

Thanks OP

[quote name='bruceg']Digital Foundry and Lens Of Truth did a comparison of both versions.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-face-off

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=23140

Ps3 version seems to win out, so I got that version.[/QUOTE]Preferred the PS3 versions of LoS, but the 360 version of SotN as it seems that I heard the PS3 version is a straight port of the ps1 version while 360 has some slightly spruced up graphics. Not sure of any other differences. Ended up with the PS3 version just because.

[quote name='Waterhouse']Great deal, thanks for the heads up OP. Had no problem price matching at BB with a print out from Fry's website.
This is the Cascade Station, OR Best Buy, and there were 4 PS3 copies left, all with the "free copy of SOTN" stickers.[/QUOTE]

can you tell me where can i find the link for the online ad for FRYS? anyone?

[quote name='Muroso']can you tell me where can i find the link for the online ad for FRYS? anyone?[/QUOTE]
search the thread. Deal ended yesterday though

Yeah, deal is good thru the 13th. Use the link in the OP. It seems like San Jose's paper includes a scan of the ads in their online paper. fidido who runs the Fry's Ad thread would know for sure.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Preferred the PS3 versions of LoS, but the 360 version of SotN as it seems that I heard the PS3 version is a straight port of the ps1 version while 360 has some slightly spruced up graphics. Not sure of any other differences. Ended up with the PS3 version just because.[/QUOTE]
Having played through the PS3 version of SOTN, I can tell you its pretty much the same as the PS1 game. Blurry graphics and all, but still classic and a lot of fun to play through. Still pissed I never held on to any games back in the day. I bought SOTN on day one from Babbages I think. Ahh, the good ole days!

Wow, thank you for posting this! I've been wanting this game, but my blockbuster doesn't even have it so I can't rent it. I didn't want to do gamefly either when it's expensive, and I've been waiting for a price drop for sometime. This is a very good deal and I really enjoyed the demo!

[quote name='wrencrest']Having played through the PS3 version of SOTN, I can tell you its pretty much the same as the PS1 game. Blurry graphics and all, but still classic and a lot of fun to play through. Still pissed I never held on to any games back in the day. I bought SOTN on day one from Babbages I think. Ahh, the good ole days![/QUOTE]

I have an extra 'like new' GH copy of SOTN if you want to trade. I wish I didn't sell my sealed ones 5 years ago...I had 3 or 4 sealed and sold them for $30 each. :bomb:

Yep, I had to strike at this price. 39.99 marked down to 19.99 in store and online. They had a million copies in Oxnard, CA. Locals might want to swing by and try and talk them into honoring it a day later--they have tons of inventory.

playing this game on hard is a bitch. i hate that block and roll are mapped to the same button. i end up rolling into attacks when i intend to block. i like the leveling up and that u can go back to previous chapter to grind.

[quote name='Xellos2099']A bit off-topic:

Anyone want to exchange their sotn code? I got the psn code and want to get the 360 version code.[/QUOTE]

me too. my psn code for SOTN for your xbox code SOTN.

Just picked one up a few minutes ago at BB after price match.

Thanks OP and those that mentioned the free game if you get it at BB.

Ummmm...just got back from the Best Buy at Emeryville, CA. They said it was "too big of a price drop to approve and I'm just gonna have to complain to corporate." the game is in stock at my local Frys and everything.

[quote name='Dranakin']Ummmm...just got back from the Best Buy at Emeryville, CA. They said it was "too big of a price drop to approve and I'm just gonna have to complain to corporate." the game is in stock at my local Frys and everything.[/QUOTE]
That's bull and against BB's own price match TOS. Whoever did this is an idiot and I would suggest you take it up with a manager there or try with another associate.

[quote name='metamorphic']That's bull and against BB's own price match TOS. Whoever did this is an idiot and I would suggest you take it up with a manager there or try with another associate.[/QUOTE]

It was supposedly the manager who denied me :(

[quote name='Dranakin']Ummmm...just got back from the Best Buy at Emeryville, CA. They said it was "too big of a price drop to approve and I'm just gonna have to complain to corporate." the game is in stock at my local Frys and everything.[/QUOTE]
I've been turned down for that same reason before. Other retailers might sell it for less, then those retailers have it on sale. It ends up being more than half of what Best Buy sells it for.

[quote name='xDisciplex']Anyone with an extra PS3 SOTN code, let me know what you're looking for it for paypal.[/QUOTE]

$10 for the code via paypal. i'll send the code on your email address asap today.

[quote name='Muroso']$10 for the code via paypal. i'll send the code on your email address asap today.[/QUOTE]

SotN only costs $9.99 on PSN... :roll:

Need to get rid of this thread, making me sad. I live in Florida, Fry's isn't shipping, and obviously this isn't going to get price matched anywhere :cry:

[quote name='Muroso']$10 for the code via paypal. i'll send the code on your email address asap today.[/QUOTE]

lol is this a joke? especially when we are in CHEAPASSgamer?

Ohh nice, can I pay you 3$ for shipping too?

[quote name='hwmusic']Need to get rid of this thread, making me sad. I live in Florida, Fry's isn't shipping, and obviously this isn't going to get price matched anywhere :cry:[/QUOTE]

I live in Florida also. Still might try though. x.x Though one guy mentioned calling TRU and PM'ing it online. Maybe us Floridians can do that! :D

[quote name='miriamleo']lol is this a joke? especially when we are in CHEAPASSgamer?[/QUOTE]

no it's not. a cheap ass gamer sells stuff fucking high to make some profit. so what? and with the $3 shipping guy who commented sure! are you buying it though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back