Cheapassstudents.com?

Nope, but the owner of VGtalk did.
In fact, he registered a whole bunch of cheapass domain names.

There's nothing like your "colleague" pretending to be your buddy and then trying to capitilize on your efforts.

Classy.

EDIT: Just in-case you were looking for proof, check the IPs. They are all on the same server.

http://www.whois.sc/vgtalk.com
IP Address: 209.12.102.10

http://www.whois.sc/cheapassstudents.com
IP Address: 209.12.102.11

http://www.whois.sc/cheapassdeals.com

http://www.whois.sc/cheapassvideogames.com

Moderators, please do not edit this thread in any way. I will handle all moderation here.

It isn't very classy but fuck him cheapassgamer is a huge success maybe not financially but when I find myself talking about the forums at work with my collegues just because of the awesome deals here. I'm sure I'm not the only one either.

r1s3n

[quote name='CheapyD']Nope, but the owner of VGtalk did.
In fact, he registered a whole bunch of cheapass domain names.

There's nothing like your "colleague" pretending to be your buddy and then trying to capitilize on your efforts.

Classy.[/quote]

To quote Cartman "that's hella weak"

Hey don't forget
http://www.cheapasscoupons.com/

I agree, this is the worst attempt to mock cheapassgamer that I have ever seen, and I thought the original VgTalk would take the cake for that.

I'm just waiting for CAG to start rant/hate topics at that site, just like they did when Vgtalk starting stealing our deals.

Cheapy, you should bareknuckle the guy 9 rounds. I bet he'll last 2 before he wets himself, slips in his own urine, smacks his head, defecates from the impact, then chokes to death on his own stench.

I'll give anyone 5-1 odds that this happens exactly per my description.

I just visited cheapassstudents.com. It's not well designed. Some of the deals that are posted are all over the place (kitchen appliances, DVDs, etc). Its also kinda hard on the eyes if you are reading it in a well-lit room.

I prefer this site hands down...

[quote name='CheapyD']Holy shit!
He stole my "video game deals for your cheap ass" tagline....
:bomb:[/quote]

Yeah I noticed that too, this is a very sad, desperate man (if you could even call him a man).

EDIT: We have 71 registered users
The newest registered user is missingdata Trader :evil:

cheapassdeals.com

You're kidding me right? Check the menu on the right with all the CheapA$$ sites. WTF. I thought this was a secret project of Cheapys when I first saw it since it was so similiar (tag line and all). To find out it is not is quite disheartening.

No worries - I won't purchase through their lifted links. Like that guy is going to do anything but skim deals from bbargains, fw, cag and the like.

If this is indeed the VGtalk guy, then the Karma God is heading his way already.

[quote name='jmon22'][quote name='CheapyD']Holy shit!

Yeah I noticed that too, this is a very sad, desperate man (if you could even call him a man).

The newest registered user is missingdata Trader :evil:[/quote] :lol: Why would you do such a thing Data. :cry:

[quote name='CaseyRyback']go and check the forums on that site

cheapassvideogames.com

this one takes the cake[/quote]

Ha...the forums say that there have been all kinds of post there, but if you click on any topics all the authors are the same person.

[quote name='jmon22'][quote name='CheapyD']Holy shit!

The newest registered user is missingdata Trader :evil:[/quote]

Wht i was just curious... and I got tricked b/c i was thinking it's a Cheapassgamer site design for student, but now i learn is from vgtalk.

Like saving money? Do you horde ketchup and napkins from your local McDonald's like no tomorrow? Are you a college student, or do you live like one even though it's been years since your last frat party? Well don't worry, you're one of us. We are a community of CheapA$$e$, and together we'll help each other save money. Don't ever spend retail price on anything ever again, it's part of our rule!

On a daily basis, we'll show you the cheapest deals you can find on the latest electronics, video games, clothing, food, DVD's and movies, and whatever else you can think of. You'll even find the latest coupons from major online and offline retailers here to help you save some additional bucks, because afterall, we are cheapa$$e$.

So what makes us different than other deal sites on the web? Unlike other deals and bargain sites, we give you the oppurtunity to make money from posting the deals that you find and want to share with the rest of the CheapA$$Deal$ community. I've had memberships at other major deal sites, and NONE give you this window of oppurtunity to make money while also reaping the benefits of saving money from the deals posted daily on this website. So why are we being different than your conventional deals site? Because we feel strongly that those who find these deals should be fairly compensated. It's been frustrating in the past not to be compensated on the major deals sites for deals you may have found, only to have the money pocketed by a sole individual - but not anymore. You are free to post your affiliate commission links at any of our CheapAssDeals Network sites.

So as you can see, being a CheapA$$ has it's benefits. Visiting the site daily will help save you money, and if you've got some deals to share, you can make some money off them too. So become a CheapA$$ and join our community today - best of all, it's FREE! What else would do you expect from a website with the word 'CheapA$$' in it??

- MasterChief
The Ultimate Cheapa$$

For once, I am fucklNG SPEECHLESS. This is the worst case of GIMMICK INFRINGEMENT I have ever seen.

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

[quote name='Xevious']... Its also kinda hard on the eyes if you are reading it in a well-lit room.[/quote]

The astounding helplessness of non-Opera users...

Just one click lets me disable the web site colors.

[quote name='rabbitt']We got any hackers? Someone could tear up those poser websites...[/quote]

If it comes to that, the terrorists will have already won. :(

Keep it in your pants, script kiddies. Leave this one to the law. Then again, the law can take many forms.

[quote name='rabbitt']We got any hackers? Someone could tear up those poser websites...[/quote]

That's right, nothing asserts your moral superiority like an act that's illegal as well as immoral.

Hopefully these sites will never be half of what CAG is.

Pretty soon we could say:

CheapAssGamer: Often imitated, never duplicated.

However, while imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, this "Cheap A$$ Chief" guy is just a prick.

Definite boycott. Cheapy: how about adding an automatic disclaimer to each topic (or to the main page) that none of the contents of this site are to be posted on vgtalk, cheapassvideogames, cheapassstudents, etc.? It probably wouldn't do any good, though.

You may have a lawsuit on your hands Cheapy. The FAQ section is a carbon copy of your FAQ section. Everything else is a variation of your website.

I don't blame you for being pissed...

Why that scheming coniving son of a biotch. He is the definition of a cheapass and i'm not talking about monetary value here. Cheapy I would like you to know that you have my full support as well as every other true cheapass gamer (I hope).

[quote name='MightySlacker']
Like saving money? Do you horde ketchup and napkins from your local McDonald's like no tomorrow? Are you a college student, or do you live like one even though it's been years since your last frat party? Well don't worry, you're one of us. We are a community of CheapA$$e$, and together we'll help each other save money. Don't ever spend retail price on anything ever again, it's part of our rule!

On a daily basis, we'll show you the cheapest deals you can find on the latest electronics, video games, clothing, food, DVD's and movies, and whatever else you can think of. You'll even find the latest coupons from major online and offline retailers here to help you save some additional bucks, because afterall, we are cheapa$$e$.

So what makes us different than other deal sites on the web? Unlike other deals and bargain sites, we give you the oppurtunity to make money from posting the deals that you find and want to share with the rest of the CheapA$$Deal$ community. I've had memberships at other major deal sites, and NONE give you this window of oppurtunity to make money while also reaping the benefits of saving money from the deals posted daily on this website. So why are we being different than your conventional deals site? Because we feel strongly that those who find these deals should be fairly compensated. It's been frustrating in the past not to be compensated on the major deals sites for deals you may have found, only to have the money pocketed by a sole individual - but not anymore. You are free to post your affiliate commission links at any of our CheapAssDeals Network sites.

So as you can see, being a CheapA$$ has it's benefits. Visiting the site daily will help save you money, and if you've got some deals to share, you can make some money off them too. So become a CheapA$$ and join our community today - best of all, it's FREE! What else would do you expect from a website with the word 'CheapA$$' in it??

- MasterChief
The Ultimate Cheapa$$

For once, I am fucklNG SPEECHLESS. This is the worst case of GIMMICK INFRINGEMENT I have ever seen.

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.[/quote]

The guy is trying to steal the commraderie that we have here as well. I saw his website and the deals look like they were ripped straight off of Cheapassgamer.

Cheapy - although I don't practice in this area (I took a couple of classes in law school), my best guess is that you definitely have a case here of trademark/copyright infringement. Your efforts have created a recognizable brand and goodwill associated with it and this ass is blatently stealing it. Period. I'd look into some legal action...

bread's done
Back