Cheapassstudents.com?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='daphatty'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']
I don't think any of our CAGers should be posting over there, period. It artificially inflates their userbase and makes it look like they have more population and activity than they actually do. Boycott their site, spread the word, make sure no one buys shit through any of their affiliate links.[/quote]

Well I'm open to suggestions on a better way to "spread the word" without flaming the copycat sites themselves.[/quote]

For a start, I'd sure as hell make it a sticky, if not a front page disclaimer that CAG is not associated with any of those copycat websites.[/quote]

so you're saying that we shouldn't post bukkake stories over there? wsb, you out of all ppl are saying "no" to bukkake stories? what next? someone actually receives their part of the deal out of a trade with cloudspekk???

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']
I don't think any of our CAGers should be posting over there, period. It artificially inflates their userbase and makes it look like they have more population and activity than they actually do. Boycott their site, spread the word, make sure no one buys shit through any of their affiliate links.[/quote]

Well put - and the method of which JohnHam posted is good too. Resulting to silly flames with attempts at raising the offensive bar just makes you look less educated and is more of reason to not take your plight seriously. Handle it with posts detailing proof, and earnest concern or disgust, not bukkake, f-*.* l33t speak. 14yr old humor is not a way to solve disputes - we should all know this by now. If you want people to support your cause, state the facts instead as even I have doubts _anyone's_ mom enjoys bukkake on Friday evenings. Saturdays however... -poke-

you guys really need to calm down.

blademan did not come over here bashing cag or anything, so i dont understand the hostility toward him.

this is not a "us vs. them"
the users of vgtalk im sure had nothing to do with all the copycat sites, so stop acting like they did.

by all means boycott vgtalk. i hope the owner of those sites gets a lawsuit. but taking it out on someone just because he happens to be here makes no sence.

[quote name='blademan88']So you're saying that even though I had nothing to do with creating any of those sites, I am stupid for coming over here? :roll:[/quote]

Believe me, slick, if I was saying you were stupid, I'd say it straight up.

[quote name='daphatty']I think you are just bearing the brunt of CAGer's frustrations because you chose to stick up for the bad guy. Or at least it appears that way.[/quote]

Bingo.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']so you're saying that we shouldn't post bukkake stories over there? wsb, you out of all ppl are saying "no" to bukkake stories? what next? someone actually receives their part of the deal out of a trade with cloudspekk???[/quote]

I enjoy bukkake stories as much as the next fella, but in this case I don't think we should give them the traffic.

[quote name='JohnHam']
daphatty, you espescially should not be pulling stuff like that. You're a moderator here and therefore you represent our community. Don't make us look like crazy jerks. Besides, just threaten to ban someone and then make them do it for you! :D[/quote]

Ask yourself, would TripleT sit idly by while the HR Lady sexually harrases Pablo and his facial hair? HELL NO!

"YOU CAN'T MAKE A PASS AND PINCH PABLO'S ASS! THAT'S OLD SCHOOL RULES BABY! WOOOOO!"

My post was a reaction and now that I've had time to think about it I have decided to refrain from further posts. However, I do not apologize for the posts. Some things need to be said and feelings should be expressed. Such a blatant violation of trust (remember VGTalk is(was) an affiliate site) deserves an equally blatant show of disgust.

Shock and awe people. Shock and awe.

[quote name='punqsux']by all means boycott vgtalk. i hope the owner of those sites gets a lawsuit. but taking it out on someone just because he happens to be here makes no sence.[/quote]

Actually it does when that person comes over here in a representative and defensory capacity.

[quote name='punqsux']you guys really need to calm down.

blademan did not come over here bashing cag or anything, so i dont understand the hostility toward him.

this is not a "us vs. them"
the users of vgtalk im sure had nothing to do with all the copycat sites, so stop acting like they did.

by all means boycott vgtalk. i hope the owner of those sites gets a lawsuit. but taking it out on someone just because he happens to be here makes no sence.[/quote]

amen.......the only thing that i saw that he said wrong was "By the way, I think it says a little bit something about your staff when you can't even find out who deleted my post."

Off topic, Trustcompany, what is the name of the chick that's your avatar? It's been bothering me ever since you put her up.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='punqsux']by all means boycott vgtalk. i hope the owner of those sites gets a lawsuit. but taking it out on someone just because he happens to be here makes no sence.[/quote]

Actually it does when that person comes over here in a representative and defensory capacity.[/quote]

Absolutely agreed.

Espescially when BS like this is completely beyond defense. It's blatant and total crap.

I vote for an unofficial (or official) ban on that site, a boycott, as mentioned earlier. Be classy, don't drop to their level, and DON'T post over there, cuz it just helps them look bigger. I say the only hatin done should be on this site, about vgtalk, but not toward there users (it's not their fault the site ripped off Cheapy). So in other words, Shaq-fu them, take them to shaq-fuing court, but otherwise ignore them, the cold shoulder if you will. Just my ten cents, cuz I'm with CAG all the way (btw, imo, we need a fight song, like in school, to cheer on the site)

[quote name='askew1']Mr Bruce Willis[/quote]

???

im assuming you meant mrs bruce willis...and if thats the case, you're wrong because they're not married and they're not together any more...and now shes with me...her name is brooke burns...enjoy all of the pictures of her that are available on the internet....because she is locked in my basement and chained to the bed...for uh...experimental purposes...

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='askew1']Mr Bruce Willis[/quote]

???

im assuming you meant mrs bruce willis...and if thats the case, you're wrong because they're not married and they're not together any more...and now shes with me...her name is brooke burns...enjoy all of the pictures of her that are available on the internet....because she is locked in my basement and chained to the bed...for uh...experimental purposes...[/quote]

You, uhh, got a webcam?

Damn I always thought a cheapassstudents site would be a good idea too, with back to school coming up, but definitely not if its just gonna be a ripoff of this site by someone else. I know I don't post a ton here, but this sites given me some pretty sweet deals, so I'm down for a boycott of those ripoff sites.

i understand that he signed up today, and that he is a mod, but just use simple logic.

he's a mod so he read the board, and noticed people posting flaming topics with cheapassgamer.com everywhere. so he comes over here to see what all the ruckus is about. he does not bash cag in the least. one of his messages gets deleted and NO ONE will claim responsibility for it. thats not a very nice welcome, regardless of what he posted.

now lets look at this. yes the "cheapassnetwork" is a huge rip-off of this site. however we have users from this forum...and even a mod! going over there and posting flames left and right on every board. and we have a mod from one of those sites comming over here and acting pretty civil.

Yea, the VG Talk users are being pretty civil about the whole thing. I just read through a thread they have going over there. Most are reserving their judgment until all the facts are known. Pretty much all of them are confused. They are simply caught in the middle of their "fearless leaders" careless decision. That and they don't like how noobs get flamed here for posting duplicate threads. :lol: Not that I support such behavior.

not sure if its a fight song...but whatever...

"this is the best site on the 'net and its run by cheapyd,
soon as i see a good ass deal posted you should see me flee.
im breaking down doors and knocking shit over in my lawn,
cuz if im a minute too late, all they'll have left is spawn.
i know about the deals before the stores do, thanks to this site
they look at me like, "you're from cheapassgamer, arent you" and i say, "thats right"

trust - From the way Brooke is putting on that glove, it looks like she's the one doing 'examinations' on you.

Anyways, back on topic, I read the first page of this thread this afternoon but I haven't been keeping up. From what I can gather, owner of VGTalk = bad, VGTalk members = obnoxious.

Cheapy, if its possible you should register a patent/copyright (?) for the Cheapass Gamer logo and related insignias, so to prevent this from happening. You have proof that you held ownership of the idea before VGTalk did.

[quote name='magilacudy']trust - From the way Brooke is putting on that glove, it looks like she's the one doing 'examinations' on you.

Anyways, back on topic, I read the first page of this thread this afternoon but I haven't been keeping up. From what I can gather, owner of VGTalk = bad, VGTalk members = obnoxious.

Cheapy, if its possible you should register a patent/copyright (?) for the Cheapass Gamer logo and related insignias, so to prevent this from happening. You have proof that you held ownership of the idea before VGTalk did.[/quote]

Considering his wife is a lawyer, I wouldn't doubt that he's taken the necessary precautions. Even then, you can't stop people from stealing your ideas.

[quote name='punqsux']i understand that he signed up today, and that he is a mod, but just use simple logic.

he's a mod so he read the board, and noticed people posting flaming topics with cheapassgamer.com everywhere. so he comes over here to see what all the ruckus is about. he does not bash cag in the least. one of his messages gets deleted and NO ONE will claim responsibility for it. thats not a very nice welcome, regardless of what he posted.

now lets look at this. yes the "cheapassnetwork" is a huge rip-off of this site. however we have users from this forum...and even a mod! going over there and posting flames left and right on every board. and we have a mod from one of those sites comming over here and acting pretty civil.[/quote]

Not only did he just sign up today, ALL but one of his posts (as of this post) have been in this thread. I call shenanigans. I'm all for giving the benefit of the doubt, but don't be too naive. I don't believe he waited until just now to join CAG and become a regular, contributing member.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='punqsux']i understand that he signed up today, and that he is a mod, but just use simple logic.

now lets look at this. yes the "cheapassnetwork" is a huge rip-off of this site. however we have users from this forum...and even a mod! going over there and posting flames left and right on every board. and we have a mod from one of those sites comming over here and acting pretty civil.[/quote]

Not only did he just sign up today, ALL but one of his posts (as of this post) have been in this thread. I call shenanigans. I'm all for giving the benefit of the doubt, but don't be too naive. I don't believe he waited until just now to join CAG and become a regular, contributing member.[/quote]

i agree, he joined today to see what was happening over here, i dont think i said anything to suggest otherwise.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='punqsux']i understand that he signed up today, and that he is a mod, but just use simple logic.

Not only did he just sign up today, ALL but one of his posts (as of this post) have been in this thread. I call shenanigans. I'm all for giving the benefit of the doubt, but don't be too naive. I don't believe he waited until just now to join CAG and become a regular, contributing member.[/quote]

i agree, he joined today to see what was happening over here, i dont think i said anything to suggest otherwise.[/quote]

No, but I'm just cautioning that to suggest that just because he's civil or not outwardly bashing anyone, not to believe he's totally innocuous in all this.

I hate this one guy, Ender on VGtalk already. Got to be polite as possible, though.

*sigh*

He actually made the ol' "What's the big deal?" argument. And even said "it's not about hitcount".

I did everything short of out-and-out insulting the idiot. I made a point to not that the entire moneymaking basis of these type of sites is about hitcount.

*double sigh*

http://www.vgtalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=50673#50673

This is hilarious, though we should really begin an intelligent united offensive soon, or maybe elect a representative.

Hey guys,

I'm a mod over at VGTalk. I'm not here as a representative of the admin, but rather as a representative of the community over there. Like someone pointed out earlier in-thread, the general feeling among the members at VGTalk is one of confusion. As far as I know, none of the mods were made aware of these sites. I cannot speak for the others but personally I am unsure why these sites were registered, espeically in such a manner as to rip-off CAG slogans and domains.

However, that is not the point of my visit. What I did want to try and get across is that I hope you don't take any of your animosity out on VGTalk members, or even the site itself. We had no prior knowledge and have no current involvement with these other sites.

Considering the civil approach that blademan88 took in discussing this with you guys, I would hope the few immature responses he received, as well as the mysterious unclaimed post deletion, is not reflective of the general population at CAG. I would imagine it isn't, as I did notice that among the CAG vetarans, MOST of them responded in a civil manner in return and I thank you for that. I noticed that some of you somehow managed to convince yourselves that blademan was here to say that everything was all right. As far as I see it, in no way, shape, or form was he trying to justify the actions of our admin. He was simply trying, as I am doing so now, to ask that you guys, while justified in your anger, don't take it out on the just-as-confused VGTalk population.

All right then. I'm out and thanks for listening to me guys. Hopefully, any and all responses to my post are of the intelligent non-flaming type.

Thanks guys.

[quote name='Zoltek99']Hey guys,

I'm a mod over at VGTalk. I'm not here as a representative of the admin, but rather as a representative of the community over there. Like someone pointed out earlier in-thread, the general feeling among the members at VGTalk is one of confusion. As far as I know, none of the mods were made aware of these sites. I cannot speak for the others but personally I am unsure why these sites were registered, espeically in such a manner as to rip-off CAG slogans and domains.

However, that is not the point of my visit. What I did want to try and get across is that I hope you don't take any of your animosity out on VGTalk members, or even the site itself. We had no prior knowledge and have no current involvement with these other sites.

Considering the civil approach that blademan88 took in discussing this with you guys, I would hope the few immature responses he received, as well as the mysterious unclaimed post deletion, is not reflective of the general population at CAG. I would imagine it isn't, as I did notice that among the CAG vetarans, MOST of them responded in a civil manner in return and I thank you for that. I noticed that some of you somehow managed to convince yourselves that blademan was here to say that everything was all right. As far as I see it, in no way, shape, or form was he trying to justify the actions of our admin. He was simply trying, as I am doing so now, to ask that you guys, while justified in your anger, don't take it out on the just-as-confused VGTalk population.

All right then. I'm out and thanks for listening to me guys. Hopefully, any and all responses to my post are of the intelligent non-flaming type.

Thanks guys.[/quote]

:applause:

I doubt these guys knew anything. It would be like me or any other mod knowing what all cheapy does to run this site.

These guys really make the people who posted over in their forums and on that other site look like assholes. Maybe there is something the community over here can learn. I know personally I am tired of all the flaming done over here.

You see people who were all pissed off about 2 weeks ago because they were unjustly flamed doing the same thing to others.

Thanks guys.[/quote]

Yeah, there's no point in arguing or whatnot until we hear from the VGTalk Admin himself. I checked this topic once when there was only 2 pages last night and its already gotten old to me.

Thanks guys.[/quote]

Well said. I tried to make the same point in my "confusion" post but I failed to be as eloquent. :D

[quote name='Zoltek99']...However, that is not the point of my visit. What I did want to try and get across is that I hope you don't take any of your animosity out on VGTalk members...

... to ask that you guys, while justified in your anger, don't take it out on the just-as-confused VGTalk population.
[/quote]
Yes, you guys are innocent bystanders as far as I am concerned.

Hi, All. I'm also a mod over at VGTalk.

I would like to state that CheapyD's last statement is 100% correct -
none of the mods I've talked to or having seen their responses really know what's going on with this.

I myself am reserving comment on this issue until I talk to the admin personally. I don't feel that I know nearly enough to say much of anything about the matter at hand.

Other than that, I second the content of Zoltek's post. His views speak well for the mods and community at VGTalk.

Thanks for your time.
Cap

[quote name='VG Captain America']Hi, All. I'm also a mod over at VGTalk.

I would like to state that CheapyD's last statement is 100% correct -
none of the mods I've talked to or having seen their responses really know what's going on with this.

I myself am reserving comment on this issue until I talk to the admin personally. I don't feel that I know nearly enough to say much of anything about the matter at hand.

Other than that, I second the content of Zoltek's post. His views speak well for the mods and community at VGTalk.

Thanks for your time.
Cap[/quote]
I'll be the third mod to go ahead and agree 100% with zoltek on this issue.

When I was in charge this shit didnt happen...me and my gestapo would have taken a ride to the VGT HQ and shown them the underside of a boot.
:)

Thanks guys.[/quote]

I totally support what this mod is saying, and belive that one of the CAG community or one of the mods that have posted in this thread should make a topic on VgTalk that explains just this. I hope that earlier I did not seem hostile, but it was just the frustration of seeing a good person (CheapyD) be wronged.

Thanks for being understanding and reasonable guys. I completely empathize with your spite and frustration. In fact, there are VGTalk members who share your feelings and have said so in-thread over there. Many of us are concerned about why something like this was done in the first place.

Again, I'd like to extend thanks to all of you guys (with the exception of defender whose mature post makes one wonder how he managed to acquire the position of CAG Technical Advisor) for 1) not flaming me or my fellow mods and 2) despite being justified in your anger about the questionable actions, being understanding about the situation, at least towards the VGTalk community.

Thanks guys.

[quote name='Zoltek99']Thanks for being understanding and reasonable guys. I completely empathize with your spite and frustration. In fact, there are VGTalk members who share your feelings and have said so in-thread over there. Many of us are concerned about why something like this was done in the first place.

Again, I'd like to extend thanks to all of you guys (with the exception of defender whose mature post makes one wonder how he managed to acquire the position of CAG Technical Advisor) for 1) not flaming me or my fellow mods and 2) despite being justified in your anger about the questionable actions, being understanding about the situation, at least towards the VGTalk community.

Thanks guys.[/quote]

That is what we call defender humor. :D

defender needs to make his signature more readable

"Beware:Some contents of this message may contain odd statements that are to be viewed in a light manner and may be said in jest. Anyone without a sense of humor please skip to next message.
=============================== "\

EDIT: double post deleted

[quote name='CheapyD']defender needs to make his signature more readable

"Beware:Some contents of this message may contain odd statements that are to be viewed in a light manner and may be said in jest. Anyone without a sense of humor please skip to next message.
=============================== "\

EDIT: double post deleted[/quote]

Blah...I was only joking. I know that CheapyD has this one...he is a grown man and can fight his own battles.

No worries defender. The VGTalk guys can't appreciate your sense of humor if they aren't around to "experience" it. :p

[quote name='deathcabforcutie']but the site is no longer online.. did we succeed??[/quote]

I think the site is still up. I tried to access the site but I am banned now. Not that I am surprised. :twisted:

Copyright or no. Cheapy was here first and is ESTABLISHED. That means something in a court of law. I REALLY HOPE CheapyD pursues this matter further.

bread's done
Back