Cheapassstudents.com?

[quote name='CheapyD']I have not deleted any posts in this thread.
Moderators, I will handle the moderation in this thread, thanks.[/quote]

Noted. And for the record, this is the first I have seen of this thread/severe lack of respect for Cheapy.

[quote name='daphatty']DaPhatty had his way with those boards just now. Check it out before they get deleted and someone gets banned.[/quote]

what?!

[quote name='trustcompany1013']does anyone know how i can contact the webmaster and/or board administrator for vgtalk? im dying to question him/her about why im banned from that crap site[/quote]
I'm not sure if can PM or not. If you can, PM him. If not, tell me what you want to say, and I'll forward the message to him. Also, I did repost the gist of the message. I didn't repost the long fancy shmancy version because I already posted it once :(

[quote name='daphatty'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='daphatty']Someone had his way with those boards just now. Check it out before they get deleted and someone gets banned.[/quote]

what?![/quote]

http://www.cheapassvideogames.com/f...165&sid=3f2f2942af4d3fcb61b1fa7d37f1e0cc#2165[/quote]
Contrary to punqsux being the mature people I was talking about it, that is an example of the immature people I was talking about. Why is the world filled with idiots?

Because you quoted my post before I got a chance to clarify. I was typing so fast that I didn't realize what I had typed made no sense. Your response of "what" supported that fact. That's all.

[quote name='daphatty']Because you quoted my post before I got a chance to clarify. I was typing so fast that I didn't realize what I had typed made no sense. Your response of "what" supported that fact. That's all.[/quote]

as long as theres a good explanation. sorry about that but i dont like the amount of moderation this thread has been getting.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='daphatty']Because you quoted my post before I got a chance to clarify. I was typing so fast that I didn't realize what I had typed made no sense. Your response of "what" supported that fact. That's all.[/quote]

as long as theres a good explanation. sorry about that but i dont like the amount of moderation this thread has been getting.[/quote]

Yea sorry about that Punqsux. I didn't realize there was a problem with that until just now. I only got through the first page of the thread before TripleT went on the "offensive." :twisted:

[quote name='blademan88']I'm not sure if can PM or not. If you can, PM him. If not, tell me what you want to say, and I'll forward the message to him. Also, I did repost the gist of the message. I didn't repost the long fancy shmancy version because I already posted it once :([/quote]

Anyone else find it odd that this schmuck is trying to play nice-guy liason now that the shit's starting to hit the fan?

[quote name='blademan88'][quote name='trustcompany1013']does anyone know how i can contact the webmaster and/or board administrator for vgtalk? im dying to question him/her about why im banned from that crap site[/quote]
I'm not sure if can PM or not. If you can, PM him. If not, tell me what you want to say, and I'll forward the message to him. Also, I did repost the gist of the message. I didn't repost the long fancy shmancy version because I already posted it once :([/quote]

no matter what i click on...it says this...

"Critical Information

You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information."

Its such an asshole thing to do, especially considering they didn't even give me a way to contact the webmaster or b.a.

I do appreciate you offering to forward a message to him from me, but Id rather do it myself. I just need an email or something.

[quote name='blademan88'][quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='blademan88'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']VGT doesn't need defending. The evidence pretty much speaks for itself.[/quote]
I'm not trying to start a war here or anything, but it's that kind of stuff which is unfair. Judging a whole site and its member based on one act seems pretty foolish to me.[/quote]\

This "one act" you refer to is?[/quote]
What do you think? :) I'm obviously talking about this whole CheapAss issue being debated.[/quote]

Ya ok, except I hardly consider it one act when he's made it into about 17 different sites cupcake, but go on and play this innocent VGT defense crap, it's obviously getting you somewhere... :roll:

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='blademan88']I'm not sure if can PM or not. If you can, PM him. If not, tell me what you want to say, and I'll forward the message to him. Also, I did repost the gist of the message. I didn't repost the long fancy shmancy version because I already posted it once :([/quote]

Anyone else find it odd that this schmuck is trying to play nice-guy liason now that the shit's starting to hit the fan?[/quote]

....im not exactly sure what he did that was so wrong....and i hate vgtalk for other reasons besides ripping cheapy off....yes, i hate them even more now, and would've hated them now if I already didn't...but what did this guy do that was so wrong?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='blademan88'][quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='blademan88'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']VGT doesn't need defending. The evidence pretty much speaks for itself.[/quote]
I'm not trying to start a war here or anything, but it's that kind of stuff which is unfair. Judging a whole site and its member based on one act seems pretty foolish to me.[/quote]\

This "one act" you refer to is?[/quote]
What do you think? :) I'm obviously talking about this whole CheapAss issue being debated.[/quote]

Ya ok, except I hardly consider it one act when he's made it into about 17 different sites cupcake, but go on and play this innocent VGT defense crap, it's obviously getting you somewhere... :roll:[/quote]

Hahaha.

CheapyD - This whole thing reminds me of a JayZ song.

"You gotta get, that, dirt off ya shoulders!"

Go on playa brush yo shoulders off.

For trust and anyone else who can't get the link to work:

[quote name='someone']
You faggot motherfucker. How dare you steal someone else's idea! This and all of your other CheapAss sites are a complete rip off from CheapAssGamer.com. I bet you were the class clown who begged other students to copy their homework just before the bell rang.

YOU ARE A fuckING LEECH! GET A fuckING LIFE!
[/quote]

and no they don't have a word filter.

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='blademan88']I'm not sure if can PM or not. If you can, PM him. If not, tell me what you want to say, and I'll forward the message to him. Also, I did repost the gist of the message. I didn't repost the long fancy shmancy version because I already posted it once :([/quote]

Anyone else find it odd that this schmuck is trying to play nice-guy liason now that the shit's starting to hit the fan?[/quote]

....im not exactly sure what he did that was so wrong....and i hate vgtalk for other reasons besides ripping cheapy off....yes, i hate them even more now, and would've hated them now if I already didn't...but what did this guy do that was so wrong?[/quote]

It's not so much that this guy's doing anything wrong, it's the fact that he's coming across like there's no problem and we should all get along, and that if we can't see that, we're immature. WRONG. There's a big fucking problem here, and no "olive branching" is going to fix it or make it any more acceptable.

[quote name='daphatty']You forgot to tell them the part about it being posted in all but one forum.[/quote]

I didn't check, but looking through the site now it appears as though CAGs have posted more "hate" messages, if you will, than their users have posted deals. It's really quite excessive, but then again they did steal the tagline, and that's just dirty pool, so this guy pretty much has asked for everything he's getting.

[quote name='daphatty']
Hahaha.

CheapyD - This whole thing reminds me of a JayZ song.

"You gotta get, that, dirt off ya shoulders!"

Go on playa brush yo shoulders off.[/quote]

When the VGTalks owner sees all this it's going to remind him of another JayZ song... 99 Problems.

[quote name='alongx']DaPhatty - good work.
He should know he can't bring that weak ass stuff up in this humpy bumpy.[/quote]

Hahahaha! :rofl:

EDIT: I tried to add my avatar but that part of the site is fucked.

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='blademan88'][quote name='trustcompany1013']does anyone know how i can contact the webmaster and/or board administrator for vgtalk? im dying to question him/her about why im banned from that crap site[/quote]
I'm not sure if can PM or not. If you can, PM him. If not, tell me what you want to say, and I'll forward the message to him. Also, I did repost the gist of the message. I didn't repost the long fancy shmancy version because I already posted it once :([/quote]

no matter what i click on...it says this...

"Critical Information

You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information."

Its such an asshole thing to do, especially considering they didn't even give me a way to contact the webmaster or b.a.

I do appreciate you offering to forward a message to him from me, but Id rather do it myself. I just need an email or something.[/quote]
I'll ask him and let you know.

As for the people thinking I'm doing something wrong, think whatever you want, I honestly could care less. Perhaps I should take the more common CAG approach I seem to be finding.

[quote name='blademan88']As for the people thinking I'm doing something wrong, think whatever you want, I honestly could care less. Perhaps I should take the more common CAG approach I seem to be finding.[/quote]

Glad I have your permission. Why don't you take the approach of leaving? You're clearly not wanted here, and your pathetic attempt to act as a liason to the VGT end of things only makes you look like one of the douchebags.

[quote name='blademan88']By the way, I think it says a little bit something about your staff when you can't even find out who deleted my post.[/quote]

Nevermind. You won't be here long enough to leave voluntarily.

[quote name='blademan88']By the way, I think it says a little bit something about your staff when you can't even find out who deleted my post.[/quote]

What was it you wrote anyway? I'm curious to see what all the fuss is about.

this dude is a freakin ripoff of CAG (which i visit like 30 times a day)

[quote name='daphatty']I feel a DJ CheapyD remix of 2Pac - Hit 'em Up! is in order.[/quote]

I'd like to thank you for putting that song in my head.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='blademan88']As for the people thinking I'm doing something wrong, think whatever you want, I honestly could care less. Perhaps I should take the more common CAG approach I seem to be finding.[/quote]

Glad I have your permission. Why don't you take the approach of leaving? You're clearly not wanted here, and your pathetic attempt to act as a liason to the VGT end of things only makes you look like one of the douchebags.

Nevermind. You won't be here long enough to leave voluntarily.[/quote]

that is a little bit overboard blademan....have a nice vacation

"You betta back the fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up! This how we do it on our side!"

"Any you niggas from NY wanna bring it, bring it. But we ain't singin', we bringin drama! fuck you and your fuckin mama!"

Ah, nothing soothes the soul better than the classics.

That's(the bukkake story) a bit graphic... I think I need a hamburger... I'm under the impression blade here is a moderator of some sort on VGT, but I don't pay close enough attention to any of the usernames there to recognize him/her.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']That's(the bukkake story) a bit graphic... I think I need a hamburger... I'm under the impression blade here is a moderator of some sort on VGT, but I don't pay close enough attention to any of the usernames there to recognize him/her.[/quote]

he is, just like every other person over there who rountinely posts

[quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']http://www.cheapassvideogames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2173&sid=2bc43f78cf3b3ab52e8d259f44a34de2#2173[/quote]

:shock:

dude, i think this whole rippin' CheapyD off think is shit, but your little post here is just childish jibberish. If you're going to go to all the trouble of insulting the guy, at least be a bit more creative!! :lol:

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='blademan88']As for the people thinking I'm doing something wrong, think whatever you want, I honestly could care less. Perhaps I should take the more common CAG approach I seem to be finding.[/quote]

that is a little bit overboard blademan....have a nice vacation[/quote]
Yep, way out of line after all the trash talk was spit at me.

Here's the post I made at VGtalk, under the name shaq-fuVGtalk.

Don't take my username to heart, it was written in an angrier time. Laughing

Anyway, the problem with this whole thing is, these websites are quite obviously similar, correct? They do the same thing and now, *SOMEHOW* they have a very similar name. This leads to what is referred to in the consumer world as brand confusion. This is often made a court case. When one company makes something, like CheapAssGamer.com, and they have a large community of users, they have a certain amount of notoriety. When another company makes a startlingly similar product, or website, in this case, it may lead to confusion in the marketplace, including some believing these obvious copycat sites (let's be serious a minute, they are obviously meant to be similar to the original cheapassgamer.com) are affiliated with CheapAssGamer.com.

The consumer may wish to contribute to the website, thinking they are contributing to cheapy, and actually they aren't. Another problem is, if something should happen at one of the copycats that leads to consumer dissatisfaction, it will reflect poorly on the in actuality unaffiliated Cheap Ass Gamer.

For those obvious reasons, this is wrong. I hope that your admin will try to be an adult and change the names of the websites. I am not kidding when I say Cheapy would have a strong case in any court (though I doubt he'd take it that far).

That's my piece, and again, while I am biased, this was a well thought out post and the opinion within it is valid, regardless of the username.

If you wish to contact me, PM me at CheapAssGamer, my name is johnham.

Thanks,

-John

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']http://www.cheapassvideogames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2173&sid=2bc43f78cf3b3ab52e8d259f44a34de2#2173[/quote]

:shock:

dude, i think this whole rippin' CheapyD off think is shit, but your little post here is just childish jibberish. If you're going to go to all the trouble of insulting the guy, at least be a bit more creative!! :lol:[/quote]

I don't think any of our CAGers should be posting over there, period. It artificially inflates their userbase and makes it look like they have more population and activity than they actually do. Boycott their site, spread the word, make sure no one buys shit through any of their affiliate links.

[quote name='blademan88'][quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='blademan88']As for the people thinking I'm doing something wrong, think whatever you want, I honestly could care less. Perhaps I should take the more common CAG approach I seem to be finding.[/quote]

Yep, way out of line after all the trash talk was spit at me.[/quote]

You came over here voluntarily. Nobody forced you to post. You put yourself in that position, and now you're bearing the brunt of the reaction. Enjoy.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']
I don't think any of our CAGers should be posting over there, period. It artificially inflates their userbase and makes it look like they have more population and activity than they actually do. Boycott their site, spread the word, make sure no one buys shit through any of their affiliate links.[/quote]

Well I'm open to suggestions on a better way to "spread the word" without flaming the copycat sites themselves.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='blademan88'][quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='blademan88']As for the people thinking I'm doing something wrong, think whatever you want, I honestly could care less. Perhaps I should take the more common CAG approach I seem to be finding.[/quote]

Yep, way out of line after all the trash talk was spit at me.[/quote]

You came over here voluntarily. Nobody forced you to post. You put yourself in that position, and now you're bearing the brunt of the reaction. Enjoy.[/quote]
So you're saying that even though I had nothing to do with creating any of those sites, I am stupid for coming over here? :roll:

[quote name='blademan88']
So you're saying that even though I had nothing to do with creating any of those sites, I am stupid for coming over here? :roll:[/quote]

I think you are just bearing the brunt of CAGer's frustrations because you chose to stick up for the bad guy. Or at least it appears that way.

[quote name='daphatty'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']
I don't think any of our CAGers should be posting over there, period. It artificially inflates their userbase and makes it look like they have more population and activity than they actually do. Boycott their site, spread the word, make sure no one buys shit through any of their affiliate links.[/quote]

Well I'm open to suggestions on a better way to "spread the word" without flaming the copycat sites themselves.[/quote]

I got nothin', but I wanted to express agreement with Banky.

daphatty, you espescially should not be pulling stuff like that. You're a moderator here and therefore you represent our community. Don't make us look like crazy jerks. Besides, just threaten to ban someone and then make them do it for you! :D

[quote name='daphatty'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']

Well I'm open to suggestions on a better way to "spread the word" without flaming the copycat sites themselves.[/quote]

For a start, I'd sure as hell make it a sticky, if not a front page disclaimer that CAG is not associated with any of those copycat websites.

bread's done
Back