Chris Benoit kills wife, 7 year old son and then self.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']You realize his "accomplishments" were scripted, right?[/quote]

and so were rocky balboa's... who cares...

ppl still looked up to this guy...

[quote name='rywateska']Whoever RIP's this asshat really needs to just delete their posts, seriously. This man should not be looked on as any type of role model.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8Q0MQ300&show_article=1[/QUOTE]
its not as cut and dry for people who looked up to him as one of the best at what he did in his life.

yes, he killed his family, thats so horrible i still have trouble understanding that it actully happened, but for 20 years he's given the public nothing but the best show on earth night in and night out. to people who have watched him for the majority of those two decades, its hard to just say "hes a murderer, fuck him."

we probably should, but its just not easy, its compareable to a family memeber doing an awful thing, they're bad people, but they're still family, so it gives this weird contrast between the moral issue of knowing that this person did something terrible, and emotional issue of this being a person you regarded highly in life.

i obviously dont defend his actions in any form, and i think hes a horrible person for doing them, but i still regard him as high as i can for the work that he did, he was one of the best, its sad that his professional legacy will never be able to outshine his personal infamy.

[quote name='guyver2077']

ppl still looked up to this guy...[/QUOTE]

That was before he was a murderer. You couldn't say that 5 years ago he was going to murk his family.

Well, WWE has to go on with ECW and Smackdown, and the sooner, the better. It will be interesting to see how the crowd is, and how they portray the shows. I'm just hoping for some good wrestling, no storylines, and to hope things get back to square one.

[quote name='punqsux']i
yes, he killed his family, thats so horrible i still have trouble understanding that it actully happened, but for 20 years he's given the public nothing but the best show on earth night in and night out. to people who have watched him for the majority of those two decades, its hard to just say "hes a murderer, fuck him."
.[/QUOTE]

He's not a plain murderer. He killed a fucking child. fuck him

[quote name='punqsux']its not as cut and dry for people who looked up to him as one of the best at what he did in his life.

we probably should, but its just not easy, its compareable to a family memeber doing an awful thing, they're bad people, but they're still family, so it gives this weird contrast between the moral issue of knowing that this person did something terrible, and emotional issue of this being a person you regarded highly in life.

i obviously dont defend his actions in any form, and i think hes a horrible person for doing them, but i still regard him as high as i can for the work that he did, he was one of the best, its sad that his professional legacy will never be able to outshine his personal infamy.[/QUOTE]

Oh, come off it. The poor bastard is using Andrew Breitbart's shitting website as a source. He's not going to understand. The world is absolute good and absolute evil, black and white, day and night, to those simpletons.

Duh.

[quote name='Graystone']He's not a plain murderer. He killed a fucking child. fuck him[/QUOTE]
you somehow say this as though killing an adult is acceptable.

I still can't help but respect him for what he did in his career. It was a terrible thing to do, but I have to think there was more behind it than just deciding to kill his family. We'll never know, but I have to agree with punq that it isn't as easy as "Meh, fuck him".

[quote name='punqsux']you somehow say this as though killing an adult is acceptable.[/QUOTE]

well...killing women, and children isn't right.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']You realize his "accomplishments" were scripted, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm sure you or anyone else could wrestle for an hour if someone would simply tell you how to finish the match. You're a fucking idiot.

[quote name='Halo05']Yes, I'm sure you or anyone else could wrestle for an hour if someone would simply tell you how to finish the match. You're a fucking idiot.[/QUOTE]

Wrestling isn't that hard. Being good at wrestling is hard but its more one of those things that just take years of practice to become good at.

[quote name='Rocko']I still can't help but respect him for what he did in his career. It was a terrible thing to do, but I have to think there was more behind it than just deciding to kill his family. We'll never know, but I have to agree with punq that it isn't as easy as "Meh, fuck him".[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree.

[quote name='punqsux']to people who have watched him for the majority of those two decades, its hard to just say "hes a murderer, fuck him."

[/quote]

They said it with OJ and Rae Carruth.

fuck this whole thing has just been absolutely exhausting. I'm still at a loss for words, it times like these that i lose all faith in humanity and can't believe how blindly people with ignore the truth and try to construct something in a more favorable light to suit their needs/agenda.

[quote name='onetrackmind']fuck this whole thing has just been absolutely exhausting. I'm still at a loss for words, it times like these that i lose all faith in humanity and can't believe how blindly people with ignore the truth and try to construct something in a more favorable light to suit their needs/agenda.[/quote]

QFT.

This may sound wrong, but this incident has sparked my interest in wrestling again. I think I'm going to try to start watching it again...

I didn't watch the whole press conference, but did they mention that Nancy was strangled with a phone cord? I heard that rumor earlier, and if it's true...

He did a vile, disgusting, evil thing. If he were alive I'd say that he needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

However, I must say that I am against the school of thought that invalidates his entire life over one weekend of horrifically bad decisions. I hope that, in what I write here, it is clear that I am not "excusing" anything. But the people who are saying "how could anyone look up to this piece of shit," etc etc, need to broaden their perspective a bit IMO.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']They said it with OJ and Rae Carruth.[/QUOTE]
Racism.

And to punqsux, killing an adult isn't right at all, but you have to be really twisted to kill an innocent child, especially your own child.

I hear child killers get it the worst in prison, where even the harden criminals look down upon scum like Benoit.

[quote name='Graystone']Wrestling isn't that hard.[/quote]

I'm sure that everyone who is, was, or is attempting to be a pro wrestler would love to "challenge" you on that statement.

I'd also like to assume I understand what you're trying to say, but regardless, I don't agree with the way it came out...

[quote name='gunm']I'm sure that everyone who is, was, or is attempting to be a pro wrestler would love to "challenge" you on that statement.

I'd also like to assume I understand what you're trying to say, but regardless, I don't agree with the way it came out...[/quote]

I think it was like the old "learning chess isn't hard, mastering it is". He said being good at wrestling is indeed hard.

I've personally come to the decision that I don't think I'm going to hate on Benoit for this. I just feel shamed by his actions in this tragedy.

Pix gone.

[quote name='BustaUppa']However, I must say that I am against the school of thought that invalidates his entire life over one weekend of horrifically bad decisions.[/quote]

I think I know what you're saying, but it could be argued that all the decisions in his life lead him up to that moment.

He may have done a lot of good in his life (heck, he entertained me just about every time he stepped in the ring), but now I'll never be able to call him a great man...

[quote name='Zen Davis']I've personally come to the decision that I don't think I'm going to hate on Benoit for this. I just feel shamed by his actions in this tragedy.[/quote]

That exactly how I feel. I'm just gonna keep "Benoit the man" and "Benoit the wrestler" seperate.

[quote name='zewone']Racism.

And to punqsux, killing an adult isn't right at all, but you have to be really twisted to kill an innocent child, especially your own child.

I hear child killers get it the worst in prison, where even the harden criminals look down upon scum like Benoit.[/QUOTE]

my perspective is youd have to be twisted to kill anyone other than out of self defense. murdering a child is a horrible thing, but murdering anybody is a horrible thing, had he just killed his wife there would have been no less backlash at him. he would still be an awful human being.

[quote name='Zen Davis']I've personally come to the decision that I don't think I'm going to hate on Benoit for this. I just feel shamed by his actions in this tragedy.[/QUOTE]

I agree entirely. I love how people come out of the woodwork to diss Benoit. Half these people don't even watch wrestling on a weekly basis. How could they know what Benoit has accomplished his whole wrestling career?

Who knows why he did it, and I'm sure we'll never know. I think it was a horrible thing to do, and I'll never forgive him.. but that doesn't take away his wrestling achievements.

I think we all have to take this the way we want I suppose. I can forgive a lot. If it had been just suicide, I wouldn't like it, but I could deal with that. Murder is just not forgivable IMO.

If nothing else maybe this will help abused people to stand up and be heard before it gets to this point.

[quote name='gunm']I'm sure that everyone who is, was, or is attempting to be a pro wrestler would love to "challenge" you on that statement.

I'd also like to assume I understand what you're trying to say, but regardless, I don't agree with the way it came out...[/QUOTE]

I like how you edited my post to suite your needs to start a argument.

I said originally and unedited

[quote name='Graystone']Wrestling isn't that hard. Being good at wrestling is hard but its more one of those things that just take years of practice to become good at.[/QUOTE]

btw I come from a wrestling family. My grandmother wrestled locally, my grandfather was a ref. My uncles still wrestle, and I eve helped them spar. As I was trying to become a wrestler myself back in the day.

[quote name='Purple Flames']That exactly how I feel. I'm just gonna keep "Benoit the man" and "Benoit the wrestler" seperate.[/QUOTE]
this point of view seems somewhat unhealthy to me, its as if youre splitting them off into 2 seperate things, he was one peron, one person was an amazing preformer and that same person commited a double homocide before taking his own life. its all in the collective of his lifetime, a persone does not have to be remembered as all good or all bad, he was an amazing athlete who did a horrible thing, hes a murderer who was one of the best wrestlers of his time, hes all of these things, seperating them seems like you just want the good of him, not accepting the whole.

you can never say he was a great man and you can never say he was a poor wrestler.

[quote name='punqsux']had he just killed his wife there would have been no less backlash at him.[/quote]
I disagree. There would be backlash for a muder-suicide, sure. But people can't, and shouldn't have to, wrap their minds around an adult murdering a child, much less their own child. Adults are supposed to be guardians for the children and no one, including myself, can understand why an adult would need/have to kill a child.

The man had an amazing career, but as I've said multiple times, I feel bad for even tearing up at the mention of his death. Rot in hell, Benoit.

[quote name='Zen Davis']I think at this point I'm okay with making fun of a murderer. But in good taste, if you feel I should take them off, I will.[/quote]

Could you spare those of us that have a soul? It's not funny and I don't see how you think it is.

[quote name='punqsux']my perspective is youd have to be twisted to kill anyone other than out of self defense. murdering a child is a horrible thing, but murdering anybody is a horrible thing, had he just killed his wife there would have been no less backlash at him. he would still be an awful human being.[/QUOTE]
I guess I'm just a guy who doesn't see all killing as the same.

One thug killing another in a drive-by is a lot different from a man strangling his 7 year old child.

I wouldn't call the thug sadistic.

As for people coming out the woodworks, I'm not a wrestling fan by any means. I hate it and don't understand why people like it. This story caught my attention because of the extreme horrible nature of (at the time) a man and his whole family being murdered. I found it to be really sad, I even tuned into RAW to watch the memorial. I felt for them all and wanted justice to hopefully be served.

Come to find out that he is the prick that killed his family and I felt sort of betrayed that I actually felt sorry for him. So, no matter how great of an actor this guy is, he did something that I can't even come close to condoning. What he has done has made me despise him and looking past that is not something I can do.

[quote name='punqsux']this point of view seems somewhat unhealthy to me, its as if youre splitting them off into 2 seperate things, he was one peron, one person was an amazing preformer and that same person commited a double homocide before taking his own life. its all in the collective of his lifetime, a persone does not have to be remembered as all good or all bad, he was an amazing athlete who did a horrible thing, hes a murderer who was one of the best wrestlers of his time, hes all of these things, seperating them seems like you just want the good of him, not accepting the whole.

you can never say he was a great man and you can never say he was a poor wrestler.[/quote]

Like everyone else has stated, I just don't want his actions that took place in his personal life over the last few days to take away from anything that he's accomplished in his professional life for the past 2 decades.

I'm sorry for being offensive, but at the same time, respectfully, I have to say that I'm not sorry for bashing on a murderer.

[quote name='Graystone']You've added a lot of people lately.[/QUOTE]

Four really isn't a lot. All four of which who had to make very insensitive comments about what is going on.

In either case what Chris did (if this is what took place)... its just sick. I mean we all have our demons in our life. But damn... did he really have to go as far as to kill his own son?

This is difficult because with prowrestling, it becomes inherently harder to seperate the man from his character. If you talk to Hulk Hogan on the street, you never quite know if you're talking to the Hulkster or Terry Bolea. As fans, we fall in love with the characters we see in the ring, and it becomes hard to accept that these are just regular people once the lights come off.

I think that a lot of us are so conflicted because we can't accept that the Cannadian Crippler could do something so heinous. It hits home on a personal level, because in rooting him on, many of us had established a "personal relationship" with Chris Benoit, if only by watching him on TV and cheering him on.

It feels different than if an actor had done it, and it feels different than if a regular athlete had done it. You get the best of both worlds when you're dealing with a professional wrestler, and in this case that works out for the worst.

At the end of the day, the guy killed his wife and his child, and yet so many of us feel so personally betrayed that we're almost willing to dismiss it. It's a pretty unique scenario.

A lot of people haven't been acting like themselves in this thread. Myself included included.
[quote name='neocisco']A lot of people have deserved it.[/quote]

[quote name='Purple Flames']Like everyone else has stated, I just don't want his actions that took place in his personal life over the last few days to take away from anything that he's accomplished in his professional life for the past 2 decades.[/QUOTE]
I think most would agree that being a decent man is much more important than being the best entertainer.

Men like James Kim should be remembered, while POS like Benoit should be forgotten.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Like everyone else has stated, I just don't want his actions that took place in his personal life over the last few days to take away from anything that he's accomplished in his professional life for the past 2 decades.[/quote]

I wonder how many other murderers with "one bad day" get a chance to be looked on with a favorable light for the good they did? Scott Peterson? Bobby Cutts? Lee Malvo? Lee Harvey Oswald? John Wilkes Booth?

Very true evilmax. Am I going to miss Chris Benoit the wrestler? Taking what has happened out of the picture then yes. But even now my views of Chris Benoit the wrestler are not the same as they were even a week ago. Now I just see a person who has murdered his family. That is something that one can't dismiss no matter what.

[quote name='zewone']I guess I'm just a guy who doesn't see all killing as the same.

One thug killing another in a drive-by is a lot different from a man strangling his 7 year old child.

I wouldn't call the thug sadistic.

As for people coming out the woodworks, I'm not a wrestling fan by any means. I hate it and don't understand why people like it. This story caught my attention because of the extreme horrible nature of (at the time) a man and his whole family being murdered. I found it to be really sad, I even tuned into RAW to watch the memorial. I felt for them all and wanted justice to hopefully be served.

Come to find out that he is the prick that killed his family and I felt sort of betrayed that I actually felt sorry for him. So, no matter how great of an actor this guy is, he did something that I can't even come close to condoning. What he has done has made me despise him and looking past that is not something I can do.[/QUOTE]

i dont mean to get in a debate here about this life being worth more than that life, or ways of murder being more justifyable, things like that,im ok with not seeing eye to eye on that, though if you would like to share more insight feel free, im always interested in other perspectives.

i dont expect you to look past his final act, you say yourself you dislike wrestling, thats fine, you dont respect him as a human, thats so understandable i even agree with you, im just saying people do have a connection with him, many people have grown up watching him, and had respected him on every level at some point, and such a thing is not turned away from so easily, i doubt anybody defends his out of ring actions. its unfair to expect everybody to immedietly invalidate a persons entire life because of a horrible thing they did.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Four really isn't a lot. All four of which who had to make very insensitive comments about what is going on.

In either case what Chris did (if this is what took place)... its just sick. I mean we all have our demons in our life. But damn... did he really have to go as far as to kill his own son?[/QUOTE]

no he didn't, But whatever.

[quote name='Graystone']no he didn't, But whatever.[/QUOTE]

The only question linquring (spelling?) barring any new evidence that might suddenly reveal something else might of happened is why did Chris do this? There has to be more than just "roid rage" behind all of this.

bread's done
Back