Chris Benoit kills wife, 7 year old son and then self.

[quote name='karkyco']Really? I thought the original Ultimate Warrior (and the rest of those guys) was dead. Is there a site that tracks which wrestlers have died?[/QUOTE]
these people are alive:

Tugboat
Lex Lugar
Jake the Snake
Ultimate Warrior

[quote name='karkyco']So how many Pro Wrestlers have had their lives cut short by the lifestyle? How many have had their lives destroyed by that whole industry and specifically its darker side, which the WWE totally embodies and embrace?

(?) = I heard they've died

Owen Hart
Mr. Perfect
Earthquake (I'm pretty sure he's dead...but if so that was probably more his weight than steroids...though I heard he was a druggy, and the physical toll of the gig doesn't help either)
Tugboat (same as Earthquake)
Lex Lugor (?)
Jake the Snake
Ultimate Warrior
Eddie Guerrero
Chris Benoit
A ton more I can't remember
Practically ALL the big names of the 80's, and virtually everyone before then.

Is that one really good tag team brother still alive? Scott Steiner I think it was? He went from being like 200 pounds to a RAGING huge roid rager. That dude's days are definitely numbered by the lifestyle, if he's still alive.

The Giant (the second one, from the late 90's) is also in very poor health, apparently. No surprise, given his size.

So many of these guys dying WAY prematurely, in their 40's and 50's or even earlier. Drug abuse, not just steriods, runs RAMPANT in the pro wrestler community. Severe psychological disorders. This group is worse than pro footballers.[/quote]

John Tenta (Earthquake) recently died of cancer. It had nothing to do with wrestling.

[quote name='karkyco']Really? I thought the original Ultimate Warrior (and the rest of those guys) was dead. Is there a site that tracks which wrestlers have died?[/quote]

"Recently" Dead...

Fly Boy Rocco Rock
Johnny Grunge
Bobby Duncum Jr.
Renegade
Mr. Perfect (Curt Hennig)
Miss Elizabeth
Sensational Sherri
Owen Hart
Eddie Guererro
British Bulldog
Big Bossman
Road Warrior Hawk
Bam Bam Bigelow
Yokozuna
Brian Pillman
Mike Awesome
Rick Rude
Chris Candido
John Tenta (Earthquake)
Louie Spicolli
Pitbull #2

Just off the top of my head.

[quote name='karkyco']Earthquake (I'm pretty sure he's dead...but if so that was probably more his weight than steroids...though I heard he was a druggy, and the physical toll of the gig doesn't help either)[/quote]

I hope you live a long life and get to watch those you love most die of cancer, one by one until you're left alone.

[quote name='sgs89']I will say this about Benoit:

(1) I never liked him.

(2) The Crippler Crossface was one of the lamest finishing moves.

(3) The whole Guerrero/Benoit/Malenko/etc. posse was totally lame.

(4) He had no charisma.

(5) He couldn't work the mic.

(6) His gap tooth was a cliche wrestling didn't need.[/QUOTE]

I wholly disagree (save for #5), but if you didn't like Benoit before, then you never will. I'm merely trying to reconcile a man who did a horrible, horrible thing to his family, but was a virtuoso inside the wrestling ring.

I'm not ready to believe that his wrestling career has a substantial cause in making him who he is. If he does, I don't believe I'll be able to watch his matches anytime soon. However, I admit that I still appreciate his work. That's merely my opinion, though few of you share it.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Can this retard karkyco just be banned for the next 3 days or something til this Benoit thing blows over?[/quote]

Retard? How cute. Particularly as it is coming from someone that certainly sounds like the typical wrestling fan. Let me guess, you also believe the matches and grudges are real, right?

Don't make me come over there and put you in a crossface crippler...or a crippler crossface...or whatever it is, tough guy!

[quote name='karkyco']Don't make me come over there and put you in a crossface crippler...or a crippler crossface...or whatever it is, tough guy![/quote]

I hope it's brain cancer too, so when they die they don't even recognize you. That way you won't even be able to really say goodbye. I think that would be fitting for someone as ignorant as you.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Can this retard karkyco just be banned for the next 3 days or something til this Benoit thing blows over?[/QUOTE]

That's what the ignore feature is for. Which is what I have done.

[quote name='Demolition Man']That's what the ignore feature is for. Which is what I have done.[/quote]

True, true, although I have 0 tolerance when someone makes a mockery of a cancer related death. People like her have no place on these message boards.

you end a sentance with "tough guy" and dont even inclued the obligitory "HIIIYOOOOOO!!!"

thats a shame. jim duggan would be rolling over in his grave.

[quote name='Demolition Man']That's what the ignore feature is for. Which is what I have done.[/QUOTE]

QFT. That was the first thing I did after his/hers first post I saw in here.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']True, true, although I have 0 tolerance when someone makes a mockery of a cancer related death. People like her have no place on these message boards.[/quote]

How exactly was I mocking a cancer related death? I don't follow these guys, I just hear about their deaths, most of which come from drug abuse and the lifestyle. Throwing a roid rage tantrum, while very apropros given the topic, doesn't change the sad reality of their fucked up lifestyle.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']QFT. That was the first thing I did after his/hers first post I saw in here.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Can't stand people who make up facts based on "what they hear" without actually taking the time to research things before they open their mouth.

Best bet is to just ignore them and they will go away in their blissful ignorance.

[quote name='mykevermin']I wholly disagree (save for #5), but if you didn't like Benoit before, then you never will. I'm merely trying to reconcile a man who did a horrible, horrible thing to his family, but was a virtuoso inside the wrestling ring.

I'm not ready to believe that his wrestling career has a substantial cause in making him who he is. If he does, I don't believe I'll be able to watch his matches anytime soon. However, I admit that I still appreciate his work. That's merely my opinion, though few of you share it.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree on the technical wrestling point. He was, to be sure, talented.

I am surprised, though, that you don't agree with #6 on my list -- you thought his gap tooth was a cliche wrestling NEEDED? Or it wasn't a cliche? ;)

[quote name='karkyco']How exactly was I mocking a cancer related death? I don't follow these guys, I just hear about their deaths, most of which come from drug abuse and the lifestyle. Throwing a roid rage tantrum, while very apropros given the topic, doesn't change the sad reality of their fucked up lifestyle.[/quote]

How is it possible for one person to be so ignorant? Normally I'd provide a logical explanation proving each one of your points invalid, but there's no sense in doing that. You're not smart enough to figure it out, while everyone else already has.

[quote name='sgs89']I don't disagree on the technical wrestling point. He was, to be sure, talented.

I am surprised, though, that you don't agree with #6 on my list -- you thought his gap tooth was a cliche wrestling NEEDED? Or it wasn't a cliche? ;)[/quote]

There's not many gap tooth wrestlers. Boogeyman, Balls and Foley are the only others that immediately come to mind.

In fact some wrestlers have really nice teeth, kind of confusing if you ask me.

15.jpg

I know he had his done, but it's still funny.

[quote name='punqsux']jim duggan would be rolling over in his grave.[/QUOTE]

Not to change the subject but Duggan is still alive :)

Oh and God Bless Nancy and Daniel and the rest of their family.

You know, you guys are right, and I am sorry. I apologize for the insensitive comments.

I was making a joke of the son and wife's deaths, and that is not right. I have a fucked up sense of humor, totally twisted...pretty much from everything I've seen in my life, so I gotta joke about death and no subject is taboo. Sorry for subjecting you all to that.

Plus, I find it very absurd when people get shocked whenever there is a tragic event involving pro wrestlers, or when one of them dies at an early age, simply because it happens abnormally often, especially involving untimely death/death at an early age. People choose to deny that these events are not random coincidences, but rather the end result of a highly controversial lifestyle.

http://prowrestling.about.com/od/whatsrealwhatsfake/a/wrestlersdeaths.htm

Anyway, I'm out of this topic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amOuymnj-WY - This is Dave Meltzer's appearance on FNC alongside the D.A. shown in the press conference today. More details were revealed about how the deaths. Nancy was strangled to death while Chris buried a knee in her back as she was bound by the hands and feet, while Benoit strangled himself with a strap on a weight lifting machine, and wrapped a towel around his throat.

Alex Marvez was just a guest on Nancy Grace and talked about the gruesome new details. Nancy asked "HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF STEROIDS!?!?!" and Alex says that they were found, but that the acts were not done due to steroids, but they were premeditated acts.

Nancy was then outraged that WWE did a tribute show to a murderer, but she apparently wasn't aware that the show was done before the grizzly murder details were revealed. Thank goodness Alex Marvez set her straight, and said that the company didn't have all the information about the situation, and then she thanked him for that before immediately going to coverage of her wedding... okay. That was fucking weird.

[quote name='karkyco']So how many Pro Wrestlers have had their lives cut short by the lifestyle? How many have had their lives destroyed by that whole industry and specifically its darker side, which the WWE totally embodies and embrace?

Owen Hart
Mr. Perfect
Earthquake (I'm pretty sure he's dead...but if so that was probably more his weight than steroids...though I heard he was a druggy, and the physical toll of the gig doesn't help either)
Lex Lugor (?)
Jake the Snake
Ultimate Warrior
Eddie Guerrero
Chris Benoit

Is that one really good tag team brother still alive? Scott Steiner I think it was? He went from being like 200 pounds to a RAGING huge roid rager. That dude's days are definitely numbered by the lifestyle, if he's still alive.

The Giant (the second one, from the late 90's) is also in very poor health, apparently. No surprise, given his size.

So many of these guys dying WAY prematurely, in their 40's and 50's or even earlier. Drug abuse, not just steriods, runs RAMPANT in the pro wrestler community. Severe psychological disorders. This group is worse than pro footballers.[/QUOTE]

Are you high or retarded?

Owen Hart
Mr. Perfect
Lex Lugor (?)
Jake the Snake
Ultimate Warrior
Eddie Guerrero
Chris Benoit

So many of these guys dying WAY prematurely, in their 40's and 50's or even earlier. Drug abuse, not just steriods, runs RAMPANT in the pro wrestler community. Severe psychological disorders. This group is worse than pro footballers.[/QUOTE]

wonder if this person listens to espn radio. The jock there was talking about how all of these wreslers died in their 20s and early 30s

then right before he went off the radio he goes UMMMM they all died in the 40s and 50s and if anyone tried to say he was lieing he would call them a name and hang up on them.

It's just surreal. I cannot believe what has happened. I'm borderline in denial about this.

Chris Benoit is my idol in professional wrestling. He is the consumate definition of perfection in the wrestling world. He is one of the reasons I became a professional wrestler in 2001.

The news has just made me numb. Since yesterday I've just felt like I've been punched in the stomach. I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that my role model in wrestling may in fact have turned out to be a cold blooded murderer.

I will admit...this is just something that doesn't rub me the right way. Everything about this incident just doesn't seem right. Besides the fact that I don't want to believe, it just seems very fishy. It just doesn't seem like someone who loved his family like Benoit did, could do something like this.

I don't know. Maybe I just don't want to believe anything. I just wish this was some kind of bad dream. Either way, may they all rest in peace.

[quote name='Roufuss']Dude, didn't you read, he already apologized and left the topic, no need to keep this up.[/QUOTE]

I see my apologies.

Jesus, will they just stop the whole "roid rage" thing?

Can't it just be possible something in his head just snapped?

- edit And now they are doing "how could the WWE do a three hour tribute for a double murderer"

I'm done watching the news today and if the WWE apologizes for it, I'll be done with them too.

Agreed, that guy they had on MSNBC sounded like a twit. LOL STEROIDS ROIDROIDROID ROID RAGE. Not everything in fucking wrestling has to do with steroids, fuckwad.

MSNBC is giving WWE tons of shit for ever doing a tribute to Benoit, and getting on them for not waiting for more information to get out before running a show. The host really seems to be on a witch hunt against WWE, as he said that everyone's to blame for the presumption of innocence against him, and he told Irv Muchnick to immediately stop talking so he could give his take. Wow.

Owen Hart
Mr. Perfect
Lex Lugor (?)
Jake the Snake
Ultimate Warrior
Eddie Guerrero
Chris Benoit

So many of these guys dying WAY prematurely, in their 40's and 50's or even earlier. Drug abuse, not just steriods, runs RAMPANT in the pro wrestler community. Severe psychological disorders. This group is worse than pro footballers.[/quote]

Actually, Earthquake (John Tenta) passed away from cancer. A member of this site and the webmaster of www.wrestlecrap.com, R.D. Reynolds, was actually a good friend of his. Tenta was actually on the site's message boards for a good while leading to his death answering questions about anything from his old wrestling days to his struggles with his illness. He was a very classy man.

[quote name='loserkid']Actually, Earthquake (John Tenta) passed away from cancer. A member of this site and the webmaster of www.wrestlecrap.com, R.D. Reynolds, was actually a good friend of his. Tenta was actually on the site's message boards for a good while leading to his death answering questions about anything from his old wrestling days to his struggles with his illness. He was a very classy man.[/quote]

One of the classiest, and for anyone to make a mockery of his death... that sort of thing simply infuriates me. Tenta did nothing wrong to lead to his early death. In fact he had lost a lot of the weight he had when he was an active wrestler, although I'm sure the cancer had a role in that too. Cancer is just awful, I've seen that first hand; that's why Tenta's passing definitely affected me the most of any of the wrestlers that have died. Heck the second wrestling topic was the John Tenta topic, and that was before his passing.

Brian Lawler (isnt that Grand Master Sexay?) is going to be on Anderson Cooper on CNN tonight also at 10pm. I'll be watching ECW, but DVRing Anderson to see how that goes...hopefully Lawler will be there to keep Cooper in line and not let him roll this into steroids or something like that.

has anyone read the latest reply on wwe.com it is great. steroids are probabbly not the reason this happened and there is no reason to bash the wwe for this. it happened it is over lets move on. wwe did what was right at the time with the tribute they did not know nor did the public what he had done.

Mr. Benoit, you do not exist, we shall not mention you. THE SHOW MUST GO ON!

fuck you WWE

The way they moved from mourning to showtime is disgusting and leaves a horrible taste in my mouth.

Chris was a great wrestler and he deserves to be recognized as that, a good wrestler. I think the WWE is right in what they did in honoring the man as a wrestler. Of course I would in know way honor him for the man he is behind the scenes.

WWE.com has released the text messages. Nothing interesting.

Text Message 1 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 2 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open”
Text Message 3 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:54am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”
Text Message 4 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:55am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215"
Text Message 5 to one co-worker (sent 6/24 at 3:58am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

[quote name='Sporadic']Mr. Benoit, you do not exist, we shall not mention you. THE SHOW MUST GO ON!

fuck you WWE

The way they moved from mourning to showtime is disgusting and leaves a horrible taste in my mouth.[/quote]
What are they supposed to do? In my eyes, Vince is handling this extremely professionally.

[quote name='Sporadic']Mr. Benoit, you do not exist, we shall not mention you. THE SHOW MUST GO ON!

fuck you WWE

The way they moved from mourning to showtime is disgusting and leaves a horrible taste in my mouth.[/quote]

How do you figure? The man is a murderer, WWE is making the right call in just moving on. Most people don't want to mourn a man who killed his family. What do you do? WWE has made all the appropriate moves with this. Ending the Vince angle was the right call, giving Benoit a tribute when they didn't know what happened was the right call, now just trying to put this horrible incident behind them and moving on is the right call.

[quote name='evilmax17']What are they supposed to do? In my eyes, Vince is handling this extremely professionally.[/QUOTE]

I don't know to tell you the truth.

The way they went from completely in mourning of the Benoit family to normal show in 24 hours is just....I don't know. I don't know how to put on paper the feeling of almost disgust I feel right now.

I'm not saying mourn the man or honor him but a horrific thing just happened, three people have lost their lives and moving back into normal show mode so quickly, it's just wrong.

[quote name='Sporadic']I don't know to tell you the truth.

The way they went from completely in mourning of the Benoit family to normal show in 24 hours is just....I don't know. It just rubs me the wrong way.[/quote]

#1 rule in wrestling: the show must go on.

Last night was an extreme exception to that rule, given the circumstances.

I think WWE is doing fine regarding the circumstances outside of the roid issues.

Of course I won't know for sure.. Maybe Steven Richards would dress up as the Crippler. WWE was tasteless with Eddie, I just hope this isn't the case in the future with Benoit.

bread's done
Back