Circuit City August Clearance

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Consider this a temporary thread until someone from CC can post a more complete list. What we have currently is only what is listed on the website or has been checked in-store. Thanks to Donnums, wlau, zman73, and kell. Forgive me if I missed crediting anyone.

All games $16.96. July thread can be found here.

:ps3:
The Club
F.E.A.R.
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Tony Hawk's Project 8

:wii:
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
FarCry Vengeance

:ds:
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Mortal Kombat
Surf's Up

:360:
Eternal Sonata
NBA Street Homecourt
Armored Core 4

:gba:
TMNT
Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

:ps2:
DDR Supernova
Manhunt 2
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

:xbox:
Family Guy
Call of Duty 3
Lego Star Wars 1
Lego Star Wars 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to 2 Circuit Cities and no Revenant Wings. :(

I drove for quite a while and got into a small accident, as well. Just an all-around shitty day for me. :/ Stores around here never carry the good clearance games.

[quote name='devildr1ver']have you tried calling?[/quote]

Yeah right. I've done that before. I had called 3 stores at least 3 time each to make sure they had a clearance game one time. Not once did someone in the games section pick up.

[quote name='Maromi']I went to 2 Circuit Cities and no Revenant Wings. :(

I drove for quite a while and got into a small accident, as well. Just an all-around shitty day for me. :/ Stores around here never carry the good clearance games.[/quote]

car trouble of any kind is about the worst thing that can happen to a person. well, besides all that other awful stuff out there. but seriously, when something happens to me while driving, i just want to scream. sorry to hear that happened. if i trip across one when i go to CC, it's yours for cost + s/h.

hope your day looks up from here. take care.

[quote name='SpitFire158']Is Fire Emblem that good?[/QUOTE]

Well, its better than a poke in the eye...

It's a fun but brutal SRPG. I loved the GC version. I'll probably never finish this one as it's supposed to be even harder but there's just something fun about it.

[quote name='botticus']Which Trauma Center was that? Second Opinion (first game) or New Blood (newer one, big cross on the front)?[/quote]

Yup, New Blood, sorry. They might have had Second Opinion though.... wasn't looking through the Wii stuff. I removed it from my post just to avoid any more confusion.

[quote name='postureking']When I went to my CC this morning they had pulled all of the new clearance games from the floor to resticker. I found out when I asked where all the clearance games were, and they said they would put them out either that day or later in the week.[/quote]

I'll give it a shot again tomorrow.

[quote name='aaronandjenni']You're a jerk slidecage. Why did you have to take the last two fire emblems? I was just about to stop there and pick one up. The whole point of this site is so we can all enjoy our hobby in a more affordable way. You should be banned for hoarding. :shame:[/QUOTE]

If slidecage is a hoarder, then I am one too. I picked up 2 Legend of Zelda: Twlight Princess at TRU. :)

No luck for FE at my local CC, even though they showed that they had a copy. I did get a copy of FF:RW. They had another 4 copies at the Winston-Salem, NC CC.

Yay!

Local Circuit City in Sterling, VA had exactly ONE copy of Fire Emblem! So happy right now. Sorry to anybody else in the Sterling area though. For some consolation, they did have Dragon Quest Swords still (I think 3 copies?) and Zack and Wiki.

Oh, I'm not sure if this is widespread or not, but I spotted quite a few copies of NiGHTS (Wii) on Clearance as well. $16.xx I don't recall the cents, but it was $16 as well.

Never mind, this was July's Clearance. Surprising abundance of them though.

Thanks OP! I've been waiting for FE to drop for ages. I picked it up at the Dover, DE CC, and I think there was one left.
I saw a couple copies of DQ and Nights, and a copy of FFXII RW hidden behind a copy of FFIV. They also had a ton of PS2 Okami marked 16.96, not sure if that's old news or not.

I stopped by the Niles, OH Circuit City today. Just last week they had had two copies of Fire Emblem. Well they and everything else on the August clearance list was gone except one copy of Dragon Quest Swords. I walked away empty handed.

[quote name='allyourblood']car trouble of any kind is about the worst thing that can happen to a person. well, besides all that other awful stuff out there. but seriously, when something happens to me while driving, i just want to scream. sorry to hear that happened. if i trip across one when i go to CC, it's yours for cost + s/h.

hope your day looks up from here. take care.[/quote]

Hey, thanks a lot. Luckily, I just knocked someone's side mirror off and slightly dented mine, but I didn't break the other car's glass, thankfully. Still, though, that, combined with the assholes who work at every Circuit City around here (need to hold a gun to their heads to get them to check their database for stock), made it a pretty crappy day.

Not to mention, they never answer their damn phones in the game department, which sucks when you're just looking for one game and don't want to drive all the way up there only to find that they don't have it. Their customer service is just all-around garbage. They don't help customers at our Circuit Cities; they humor us.

But thanks for the kind words. : )

you da man botticus. got lucky with FE and FFXII:RW both were the last one. i wanted to price match my receipt to a sears nearby but i was very disappointed with them since they had no clearance games. i hit up a TRU and found a few clearance games as well. overall good day.

Were Master of Illusions and Picross DS already put on clearance? I picked both up for $16.98 and $14.99 respectively.

I also got Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Nights: Journey of Dreams, and Dragon Quest: Swords. No dice on FFXII: RW. I'll hit some other CC's and hope it's there.

I also took the liberty of arranging the godawful DS bin since I basically had to look through every game to make sure FFXII: RW wasn't in there. Hopefully, it saves someone else the time and effort.

14.99 isn't a clearance price. It seems to be CC's everyday price.

I got FF Rev Wings for $12. Unfortunately it was their last copy, thus it was gutted and had stickers on the case, but I was able to peel it off easily enough.

[quote name='Maromi']Hey, thanks a lot. Luckily, I just knocked someone's side mirror off and slightly dented mine, but I didn't break the other car's glass, thankfully. Still, though, that, combined with the assholes who work at every Circuit City around here (need to hold a gun to their heads to get them to check their database for stock), made it a pretty crappy day.

Not to mention, they never answer their damn phones in the game department, which sucks when you're just looking for one game and don't want to drive all the way up there only to find that they don't have it. Their customer service is just all-around garbage. They don't help customers at our Circuit Cities; they humor us.

But thanks for the kind words. : )[/quote]

I honest to God don't get it. They have plenty of clerks meandering the damn store and nobody can pick up the phone? If I worked there, I would be bored as hell and would be glad to actually you know, do my job. If people in any other industry operated like they do they would be out of business. What's worse it seems like it's company policy to have such terrible service. You live in Massachusetts and I live in California. Same experience. The only good thing is that they're too lazy to isolate the clearance games so you have a better chance of finding them.

If it weren't for these clearances, CC would be irredeemable. Sorry for the rant.

I went this morning to the Milford CC and had no luck finding Fire Emblem for the Wii =( They did have Zack and Wiki though if anyone is interested.

For any St. Louis area CAGs: I went to the St. Peters store. I grabbed what I think was the last copy of Fire Emblem but there is 1 Dragon Quest Swords and 3 Eternal Sonatas left on the shelves. I didn't see any copies of Revenant Wings.

For you East/South San Francisco Bay Area CAGs out there: I was able to pick up FE, FFXII:RW, DQ Swords, AND Eternal Sonata at the Fremont store. I got the last Eternal Sonata, but they still had copies left of the rest of the games, plus I saw Zack and Wiki there as well. I feel lucky cause they almost never have clearance titles there, but they had practically the entire list this time. Good luck!

No ES, but I did find a copy of Eragon for 16.96 XD Tried to find a FFXII but the section is so unorganized, its sad. Mixed GBA and DS games, its just all thrown there and not in order.

But I picked up a Fire Emblem, good enough for me ^_^

[quote name='DQT']I honest to God don't get it. They have plenty of clerks meandering the damn store and nobody can pick up the phone? If I worked there, I would be bored as hell and would be glad to actually you know, do my job. If people in any other industry operated like they do they would be out of business. What's worse it seems like it's company policy to have such terrible service. You live in Massachusetts and I live in California. Same experience. The only good thing is that they're too lazy to isolate the clearance games so you have a better chance of finding them.

If it weren't for these clearances, CC would be irredeemable. Sorry for the rant.[/quote]

Oooh, let me tell you. Today, at the first CC, I walked up to two employees talking to each other and asked them if they could look up a UPC for me. They didn't even hear or acknowledge me, and I was standing two feet in front of their faces. Then, I grabbed a guy in the nearby CD department and asked him if he could do the same. He was the only helpful person of the day and actually checked the store database--because, you know, it takes a whole 2 seconds. :roll:

At the second CC, the games department was, again, desolate, and I had to hunt down someone to help me. When I found her, she went into a backroom, and I could still see her. I watched her first go to google, then circuitcity.com, which doesn't have it listed, and said they don't carry that item... I could have fucking done that at home, but thank you, worthless payroll waster. She then said, "I hate to say it, but try Best Buy. But tell them we're so much better than them! Huhuhu" Harhar freaking har. She missed the point of why I was checking CC for the game specifically, even though I told her twice.

Now, the third CC. I went up to one woman in the games area and asked her if she could help me. "Only if it has to do with Verizon," she said, with an attitude. I didn't notice her shirt from behind. Sorrrrr~y. The next guy I asked looked at a print-out and said, "Nope, sorry." I knew he was just humoring me and didn't want to be bothered.

Honestly, you'd think a store that will ultimately fade away wouldn't blow off its customers so much. I don't think I've ever been asked if I needed help in a CC. Worst. Customer. Service. Ever. If they didn't have good clearance prices at times, the place would be utterly useless.

/rant. Sorry, it's been a long day. I should contact their customer support or something--not like they'll care.

[quote name='slidecage']LOL when is taking 2 copies HOARDING your probally the one who took all 10 Jenna d arc or whatever its called from TRU the other week.

if you want to #$#$# and cry go someplace else cause there are tons of games I missed out on too...

you want to know why people no longer post on this site cause of Cry babies who are the real horaders who dont get the games and then they come here crying about people taking all of the games.

Hell i would like to got a copy of Master of illiusion DS but someone grabbed all 8 copies at TRU. They also Grabbed 5 copies of megaman and someone took Every THrillville. not to mention all of the other DS games (besides meet the robinsons) over at TRU.

BUYING 4 games that 3 out of the 4 i will keep Yea that is being a hoarder.

PLAN FACTS GET THEIR FIRST CAUSE IF I DIDNT TAKE THEM THEN SOMEONE ELSE WOULD OF .

this is why of the games i do trade to people on this site I only trade to people i know for awhile cause the rest are just lurkers who are pure horaders. Dont worry im sure you will be First in line when TRU opens it doors monday taking all of the sale games once again[/quote]
You make a good point. I guess if it had been 3 copies, then it would be considered hoarding. lol. By the way, two other people replied to your post in the same way that I did. Make sure to write them up a nice long rant also. The fact is I only buy what I'm going to play personally. Oh well. I guess there's next month.

That reminds me, I also had trouble with finding a CSR, finally gave up and jumped into the CS line again, and as usual, a long wait. I was 3rd in line, took about 15 minuetes, and by the time I got out, there were at least 8 more people behind me. The two people in front of me were fast, but the guy already at the register was buying a TV and signing a bunch of stuff, and as usual, there were 3 CSRs standing at the door talking, come on, open a register already!

[quote name='Skylander7']That'll be like what.... the 50th time he's been banned or punished on CAG? I think it's a little redundant at this point to consider it.. just go to another regional or metro market, that's what I do to avoid the hoarders (for the most part). Or... get a job in IT that requires travel :)

When he starts doing fake CAG trades or whips out man-boobs with meatball sandwiches in his fists.. that's a different story.[/quote]
Yeah thats good advice. Luckily I make a trip to michigan fairly regularly. I'll try there. I didn't realize he had a record of problems. I wouldn't have wasted my breath if I had known. Thanks for the advice again bud :)

Grabbed copies of The Club, Eternal Sonata, and Fire Emblem. Sweet! Not sure if I'll keep Eternal Sonata, though. Case has a big cut down the back of it. Not sure if the cut reached the disc or not, but I don't want to open it to find out and make it unreturnable.

Also, why is it that people who buy a bunch of copies of games to sell on ebay are hoarders and should be banned, but people that buy a bunch of copies of games to flip at gamecrazy are congratulated?

[quote name='Monroeski']Why is it that people who buy a bunch of copies of games to sell on ebay are hoarders and should be banned, but people that buy a bunch of copies of games to flip at gamecrazy are congratulated?[/quote]The common answer to this is: the people doing the praising are not the same people doing the namecalling.

[quote name='frap']:ds: Ultimate Mortal Kombat for the DS confirmed: $16.96[/quote]

It's this price on their website, if anyone has issues with it. Also, showing in stock.

[quote name='botticus']The common answer to this is: the people doing the praising are not the same people doing the namecalling.[/QUOTE]

Anything good going on at the 209 CC?

FYI
went out seeking 3 on the list but no go...(thanks anyhoo op)
Did see and grabbed some $15 off $100 unique coupons active next week...games included....be on the look out!

8/14 - 8/25

Noticed used games at Circuit City today...PS3, 360, Wii new releases...only $5 off of retail for the most part. So do they take games in trade or what? Decent trade-in prices?

Bought one copy each of Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, and Destroy All Humans at the Castleton, IN CC. They had 1 more Dragon Quest and a stack of Destroy All Humans still. There could have been more Fire Emblems but I doubt it...I think the only reason I got one was because it was racked in the wrong section. The Destroy All Humans were hidden behind some other games, I almost left without finding one. Reviews aren't great on the game, but I enjoyed the PS2 version. Dragon Quest I just grabbed to try out the Wii remote as a sword for the heck of it. Probably end up trading it.

I believe they also had Bleach and some of the other clearance games, on the racks marked at full price still like the games I bought. They also had a few bins of clearance games and budget titles from previous drops properly marked. I got a weird look bringing up three games with $50 price tags on them and having them all ring up $16.99.

My local Circuit City must be an anomaly. People there are regularly helpful, and even though there isn't always someone in the games section, when there is I'm always asked if I need anything. They have a designated clearance area and even since I cleaned up in the half-off PC games sale they've been on the ball when it comes to prices. Plus it doesn't hurt that there's a cute cashier I like to talk to.

I also purchased Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest Swords, Final Fantasy XII: Revanant Wings today in San Jose. Also found the last copy of FFVI and got a Tomb Raider Anniversary Penny guide along with 2 pokemon guides.

Not a bad haul before heading to the gym.

--Michael

[quote name='Monroeski']Grabbed copies of The Club, Eternal Sonata, and Fire Emblem. Sweet! Not sure if I'll keep Eternal Sonata, though. Case has a big cut down the back of it. Not sure if the cut reached the disc or not, but I don't want to open it to find out and make it unreturnable.

Also, why is it that people who buy a bunch of copies of games to sell on ebay are hoarders and should be banned, but people that buy a bunch of copies of games to flip at gamecrazy are congratulated?[/QUOTE]

Well, if you do find it unplayable, I'm sure they'll let you return it once you explain that you purchased it in that condition and hoped it would work.

Ok, here is a partial list of the clearance games this week. I work at CC but forgot to take the list with me:

360:
Armored Core 4
Eternal Sonata
NBA Street Homecourt

PS3:
The Club
FEAR
Tony hawk's Project 8
Tony hawk's Proving Ground

Wii
Dragon Quest
Zack and Wiki
FarCry Vengeance
Fire Emblem
Bleach Shattered Blade

DS
Surf's Up
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

GBA
TMNT
Mario Advance 1(Super Mario bros 2)
Mario Advance 4(Mario Bros 3)

PS2:
DDR Supernova(I think,or Universe, can't remember)
Manhunt 2
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

XBox
Family Guy
Call of Duty 3
Lego Star Wars 1
Lego Star Wars 2

Can't remember the rest, Sorry! I'll try to get the full list up on Saturday!

anyone else think $16.96 is still kind of a steep clearance price? i guess i'm just super-cheap but those two Mario titles would sit a lot easier with me if they were $9.96 each.

oh, and thanks Donnums!

[quote name='allyourblood']anyone else think $16.96 is still kind of a steep clearance price? i guess i'm just super-cheap but those two Mario titles would sit a lot easier with me if they were $9.96 each.[/quote]For GBA games, yeah. That would be decent at 8.96. Still, just because it's clearance doesn't mean you have to buy. If they don't sell at current clearance prices, they'll go lower.

Got my Destroy all Humans and FE at the Riverside/Mo Val Circuit City. Last FE, and 2nd to last Destroy All Humans. :D Thanks for the heads up OP, i usually avoid CC for BB.

[quote name='Donnums']

PS2:
DDR Supernova(I think,or Universe, can't remember)
[/quote]

Yeah, that was it. I saw it today.

[quote name='guinaevere']For GBA games, yeah. That would be decent at 8.96. Still, just because it's clearance doesn't mean you have to buy. If they don't sell at current clearance prices, they'll go lower.[/quote]

oh, don't worry, i'm not touching 17-dollar GBA games with a ten-foot pole! :D

bread's done
Back