Circuit City August Clearance

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Consider this a temporary thread until someone from CC can post a more complete list. What we have currently is only what is listed on the website or has been checked in-store. Thanks to Donnums, wlau, zman73, and kell. Forgive me if I missed crediting anyone.

All games $16.96. July thread can be found here.

:ps3:
The Club
F.E.A.R.
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Tony Hawk's Project 8

:wii:
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
FarCry Vengeance

:ds:
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Mortal Kombat
Surf's Up

:360:
Eternal Sonata
NBA Street Homecourt
Armored Core 4

:gba:
TMNT
Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

:ps2:
DDR Supernova
Manhunt 2
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

:xbox:
Family Guy
Call of Duty 3
Lego Star Wars 1
Lego Star Wars 2

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='beaus27']GUESS WHAT HAPPENED!!! After Travis @ CC said he hold FF12:RW for me til today, CC went ahead and sold my copy. I bet Travis bought my copy for himself( he was interested in the game).
This is the same assiocate that lied to me about being restocked of Bioshock (PC) during CC's sale of the game for $14.99.
I am proposing boycotting Circuit City.[/QUOTE]

The onus is on you. You trusted him a second time. You should have tried to hide the game if you were that concerned. You never let an employee know the game is less than it is marked if you're not buying it on the spot. Another employee could have saw the game behind the counter and put it back on the floor. They certainly do not have to "hold" a game for you either.

But go on and boycott, I recommend sitting out there in a beach chair with a sign that says "CIRKIT CITEH SCREWZED MEH". :-({|=

[quote name='mitch079']The onus is on you. You trusted him a second time. You should have tried to hide the game if you were that concerned. You never let an employee know the game is less than it is marked if you're not buying it on the spot. Another employee could have saw the game behind the counter and put it back on the floor. They certainly do not have to "hold" a game for you either.

But go on and boycott, I recommend sitting out there in a beach chair with a sign that says "CIRKIT CITEH SCREWZED MEH". :-({|=[/quote]

+1

All right guys, here is the complete list of Clearance games for this week!

**NOTE** All prices are $16.96

:ps3:
The Club
F.E.A.R.
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Tony Hawk's Priving Ground
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

:ps2:
DDR Supernova
Manhunt 2
NBA 08
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

:360:
Armored Core 4
Eternal Sonata
NBA Street Homecourt

:xbox:
Call of Duty 3
Family Guy
Lego Star Wars
Lego Star Wars II

:wii:
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Style
Dragon Quest Swords
FarCry Vengeance
FireEmblem: Radiant Dawn
Spiderwick Chronicles
Zack and Wiki

:ds:
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Surf's Up
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

:gba:
Super Mario Advance
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3
TMNT

[quote name='beaus27']GUESS WHAT HAPPENED!!! After Travis @ CC said he hold FF12:RW for me til today, CC went ahead and sold my copy. I bet Travis bought my copy for himself( he was interested in the game).
This is the same assiocate that lied to me about being restocked of Bioshock (PC) during CC's sale of the game for $14.99.
I am proposing boycotting Circuit City.[/quote]

Didn't see that one coming from a mile away. Even before knowing about your prior experience.

Checked out the Greenwood, IN TRU and it took me a while to find the clearance games. They were in a big way at the front of the store in front of the service desk instead of in the back of the store with the other video games. Not much from the new drops other than Tony Hawk PS3 and Bleach Wii. Also saw a Super Mario game and some random crap from older drops.

On a side note, also checked out the Greenwood TRU and Sears same day and they were both wiped out of clearance stuff. Tried the Gamestop in the mall...had a decent supply of 50% off games but no NCAA March Madness 08.

[quote name='kuruption84']Thanks for the heads up, I got the last copy of Eternal Sonata from my local CC.[/quote]

How much did you buy it for?

I ended up getting a copy of FFXII:RW and Fire Emblem: RS.

What really shocked me though were the 2 copies of Okami (PS2, $16.96) and 3 copies of Odin Sphere ($16.96) that "magically appeared" at this store. They must have been stored away in the back room for months because I haven't seen these titles at this particular CC in at least 6 months. I ended up getting one Okami but left Odin Sphere since I already had it.

Just got back with my copy of eternal sonata. its gone on sale at a dozen places, but FINALLY i was able to get there before they sold out.

[quote name='Josef']
What really shocked me though were the 2 copies of Okami (PS2, $16.96) and 3 copies of Odin Sphere ($16.96) that "magically appeared" at this store. [/quote] A hoarder probably purchased those and was saving them for resell in the future or "returns" elsewhere. They just announced these as Greatest Hits and the person probably freaked and returned them after all this time. Hopefully, people that actually want these titles buy them. I always cringe when I think about how hoarders buy titles they think are worth something on these clearances and return them months later or "return" them elsewhere. It's an inconvenience to everyone except them. Everyone should probably keep an eye out for returned copies at CC after the Greatest Hits announcement for these titles, at least they'll be black label and $16.96 if you really want them.

Got Marvel Ultimate Alliance for 16.96. It was still marked at $59.99 and wasn't in the clearance bin, but rang up fine. Good timing with the no sales tax weekend in CA. Thanks!

Went on a CC run today and found the last copy of Eternal Sonata at the third store I went to. Would have never known without this thread since it still had a $39.99 sticker on it and was hidden behind a few other games!

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Do Circuit City Clearance games ever drop in price?[/quote]

They do but it takes a LONG time. Dead to Rights on XBox just went down to $4.96 after being 8.96 forever.

[quote name='jazzman']Alright, who was the little BITCH that posted this info on SD?:shame:[/QUOTE]

thats what i said!!!!!!!!!

anyways, heres my adventure at CC today. i went there to look for FE, FF and ES. didnt find any of them. so then i go to the guide section. find about 12-15 guides that are on the penny list. take them up to purchase them and the clerk calls his manager over to ask if the price is right. that manager leaves and goes and asks another manager if the price is right. she then comes back and says that there only a penny if i buy the game with them. so i just leave them on the counter and buy the 2 games (dead rising,mlb power pros 08) and leave the guides on the counter. i didnt throw a fit or anything, just was annoyed that i couldnt do them a favor by clearing out some inventory that they probaly wouldnt sell anyways. any body else have this problem?

[quote name='karkyco']Yeah, but just about everybody has MUA on the 360, hell they were packed in with various systems for a quite a while. You should be okay on this one.[/QUOTE]

I think a lot more people hadn't played it then you might have expected. When I first went into CC on the 7th they had a decent amount of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I managed to get into CC after work today and I got the last one.

Funny thing though, the person who rang me up after I asked them to price check it said a lot of people were coming in and getting these 60 dollar games for cheap.

More DC Metro Cags needs to be vocal on these boards. I feel lonely.

[quote name='New Jack']thats what i said!!!!!!!!!

anyways, heres my adventure at CC today. i went there to look for FE, FF and ES. didnt find any of them. so then i go to the guide section. find about 12-15 guides that are on the penny list. take them up to purchase them and the clerk calls his manager over to ask if the price is right. that manager leaves and goes and asks another manager if the price is right. she then comes back and says that there only a penny if i buy the game with them. so i just leave them on the counter and buy the 2 games (dead rising,mlb power pros 08) and leave the guides on the counter. i didnt throw a fit or anything, just was annoyed that i couldnt do them a favor by clearing out some inventory that they probaly wouldnt sell anyways. any body else have this problem?[/quote]

could have just bought all the games, and then returned them later.

[quote name='daminion']could have just bought all the games, and then returned them later.[/quote]

If the games were in stock for one, and investing hundreds of dollars just to get the guides?

thanks very very much OP, I got fire emblem, final fantasy, fear and dragon quest! This is why I love CAG so much, you gotta go to who is in the know!

Looking to go back for (maybe) both tony hawks, but good lookin out for real!

ooo revenant wings for under 20, i have so many games to play but i'd buy that. but i've had very very low luck with these clearance threads in the past....

I picked up Fire Emblem and Eternal Sonata, so that was a fruitful trip. Debating about Dragon Quest, but they had enough copies left of that to not worry about it right now.

Checking out is always a hassle, and you can never find help... but once again, it's these clearances that make me hope that CC never goes out of business. Heh.

[quote name='007']... but once again, it's these clearances that make me hope that CC never goes out of business. Heh.[/quote]

Yeah, makes you wonder what will happen if they sell out to Blockbuster.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Do Circuit City Clearance games ever drop in price?[/QUOTE]

I think old stuff dropped in price besides the games that dropped to $16.96. I found Big Mutha Truckers for Gameboy Advance, $1.96 down from $12.99

I wish there was a way for the new drops (besides the new $16.96 games) to be found since I think Neo once said that the system doesn't show those drops.

Thanks to everyone for the posts ! I picked up Harvey Birdman Wii , Fire Emblem Wii, Dragon Quest Wii and Eternal Sonata Xbox 360 all for $16.96 each. :) The cashier was shocked and said she was going to get some of those games, as they had one copy of each left.

How much is onimusha dawn of dreams for ps2? I ben looking for months for this game. Wondering if its on sale or was on clearence before and still is?

I noticed they removed the game from there site

well if anybody know where to get Onimusha dawn of dream for ps2 for cheap or wana sell me theres than let me know. I'll try to search my local store nearby tomorrow.

Got CC to do a refund on my game-less FFXII-RW. However, they'd only do store credit. A REAL pain in the ass if you ask me. They argued and said that there were 4 additional copies in stock.. I told them that I had checked. These asshats make me.. not an employee to help... go look for the damned thing around the store. At that point.. I said to hell with it, flipped through a few DS games and returned shortly to eventually get the CC gift card for what I paid.

When I bought the game, it was in the clamshell security case. Sons of bitches... I asked if any were left at the other store in the area, and they said the inventory showed a negative. This happened to me before with a copy of Nights for Wii. However, the chick at the register noticed a slit in the shrink wrap and no disc in the case. Talk about lame.. I'd write corporate, but it isn't worth it to raise a fuss. I mean... it could've been worse, they could have said "who's to say you didn't keep the game for yourself and try to scam us?" Let's face it... CC isn't exactly the sharpest turd in the towlet bowl of electronics retailers, but it's funny that this is happening at other stores too. Maybe something fishy at distribution??? Box cutters and employees walking out of the warehouse with pockets of DS carts...

Got Fire Emblem and FF Revenant Wings.

Someone tried but failed to hide Fire Emblem behind some 360 games. Lulz. If you're going to hide something so that you can buy it later, at least do it right.

Only found and bought the last copy of eternal sonata at local cc. Pm me if you guys want it. Just pay 16.95 + shipping.

[quote name='probablysober']More DC Metro Cags needs to be vocal on these boards. I feel lonely.[/quote]

Hi,

I like the fact that there are a select few (I can name like 4) it makes it easier to pick up what I want (or grab things for other local CAGS)

Picked up MUA. The clerk who got the game out of the case for me asked another clerk if MUA was GH yet. He said it should ring up at $29.99. :lol: He was surprised when he scanned it and it came up $16.96. He seemed bummed out that I had just bought the last copy.

The CC on La Cienega and the 10 freeway in SoCal has a copy of FF:RW left. I left it under the Weight Loss DS? placard behind the Little Mermaid.

first i gotta say, this is the first time a clearance thread has actually worked for me (lately tried the target and BB threads for games like FF 1 and 2 on PSP, or for Jean De Arc and not only were none of them at any of the stores i went to, but they didnt even seem to be on clearance).

anyhoo, sure enough i stop by my CC (FF:RW the only game on the so far slim list that i wanted, or wanted but only if i was getting it for a deal ;) )

[quote name='gandhrav']How much is onimusha dawn of dreams for ps2? I ben looking for months for this game. Wondering if its on sale or was on clearence before and still is?

I noticed they removed the game from there site[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gandhrav']well if anybody know where to get Onimusha dawn of dream for ps2 for cheap or wana sell me theres than let me know. I'll try to search my local store nearby tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

eesh, i remember Dawn of Dreams going on clearance many months back. I tried desperately to find it and couldn't, so basically i think finding it new in a store now is probably very difficult (actually, i had to end up getting mine on ebay to get it for even close to the clearance price in the end).

[quote name='Skylander7']Got CC to do a refund on my game-less FFXII-RW. However, they'd only do store credit. A REAL pain in the ass if you ask me. They argued and said that there were 4 additional copies in stock.. I told them that I had checked. These asshats make me.. not an employee to help... go look for the damned thing around the store. At that point.. I said to hell with it, flipped through a few DS games and returned shortly to eventually get the CC gift card for what I paid.

When I bought the game, it was in the clamshell security case. Sons of bitches... I asked if any were left at the other store in the area, and they said the inventory showed a negative. This happened to me before with a copy of Nights for Wii. However, the chick at the register noticed a slit in the shrink wrap and no disc in the case. Talk about lame.. I'd write corporate, but it isn't worth it to raise a fuss. I mean... it could've been worse, they could have said "who's to say you didn't keep the game for yourself and try to scam us?" Let's face it... CC isn't exactly the sharpest turd in the towlet bowl of electronics retailers, but it's funny that this is happening at other stores too. Maybe something fishy at distribution??? Box cutters and employees walking out of the warehouse with pockets of DS carts...[/QUOTE]

This makes me nervouse, i usually dont open my games until i play them and i only bought RQW because of the clearance price, but that has happened to me a couple times (at Best Buy actually, not CC).

I will say that they had two copies of RW left, and i could see a little corner sliver of shrinkwrap missing from the case, i got a little concerned and just grabbed the other.

still though it is an alarming thing i've seen happen a few times. the worst part is that they often dont beleive you if you come back and exlain this to them, that's what sucks the most (as much as it's pretty logical not to be able to fully beleive someone with such a story, it's even more moronic that anyone should have to deal with what is obviously an internal store theft passed on to an unwitting customer who then has to deal with a problem that few CS people will beleive happened).

[quote name='thelonepig']Yeah, makes you wonder what will happen if they sell out to Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

blockbuster no longer wants CC they dropped their bid and said the store isnt worth the cash CC wants. blockbuster stock starting to go up while it looks like CC days are numbered

FFFFFF

And I was just at Circuit City the other day. Granted, I'm broke, but damn how I so would have picked up Fire Emblem and Eternal Sonata.

[quote name='spincut']also so, is this list it? or is it going to get bigger?[/quote]

The list I posted is the compete list for the week. There will be a new list on Weds so I'll try to put it up Thursday. I'm surprised Neo hasn't been around yet to post it

[quote name='Skylander7']CC isn't exactly the sharpest turd in the towlet bowl of electronics retailers, but it's funny that this is happening at other stores too. Maybe something fishy at distribution??? Box cutters and employees walking out of the warehouse with pockets of DS carts...[/quote]

Nah, just shoplifters. They sell the tool to open the security cases on Ebay. People go in with that tool and a box cutter and walk off with a bunch of games, then reseal everything in case some one gets suspicious and walks over to check the games they were just looking at. Since they're now resealed, everything looks on the up and up.

I had this problem at Blockbuster/Gamerush a year or two ago where every single GBA games I bought would have a box cutter slit on top and the game missing, even though the damn things were in security cases. I even walked out of the store after buying a few of these and didn't get my money back on one because it wasn't worth driving back to that store, which was in another town, for my $7.50 for a clearance Donkey Kong Country 3. I tried getting a refund at my local store but no dice...they thought I was trying to rip them off with some empty box scam, which is funny considering I had spent like $500 cash at that store that month on clearance crap, stuff like 20 copies of the $1.99 Catwoman Xbox game that no one else would have ever bought to flip to Gamestop.

Took a risk the other and managed to finally score a copy of Eternal Sonata. I knew that the store had one copy that was sitting there for a while. I decided to called first since it like a hour trip for me. After 10 minutes trying to get a hold of someone who could find out they said they didn't have it. Afterwards I thought maybe they put it in the bin and the guy didn't check there, since I could hear him flipping through the games looking for it. Decided I take a risk drove through some bad weather, having to pull over twice and get out due to my wipers crapping out. Finally got there checked the bins in the front, nothing, back to the games checked the bins back there, and there in the very last one was that one copy priced for clearance.

Needless to say I grabbed it and held on to it like no tomorrow. What was really great was it was paid for with a 20 buck gift card that my mom found out walking a few months ago, so it was basically free :bouncy:

This was the first time I found anything at Circuit City on clearance that was priced for clearance. Funny thing is I took a couple of other games on the list up for a price check since they were still label as full price, none of them rang up with the clearance price. Which was typical for this store. The only other titles I found on clearance were Family Guy and Armor Core 4.:whistle2:&

I scored both my wants :D!!! Eternal Sonata and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn :lol:.

Yesterday at The Parks Mall in Arlington, TX they still had at least one Eternal Sonata and 3 Fire Emblem on the shelves. They had also a huge clearance bin and the two regular ones. I didn't bother search the big one, because was too messy and time-consuming.

[quote name='Spiral']Got Fire Emblem and FF Revenant Wings.

Someone tried but failed to hide Fire Emblem behind some 360 games. Lulz. If you're going to hide something so that you can buy it later, at least do it right.[/quote]

How do you know they just didn't want it and stuck it there. I don't know what is more lulz..? You thinking someone did that or that you (or anyone) STILL say lulz on the internet.

I think I'll have my wife get a copy of the club tomorrow for PS3. I keep thinking about it and its too good of a price to pass it up.

bread's done
Back