Circuit City July clearance

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
Many of these games have been listed in the other thread that was started but I'll put up this thread with the entire list. Thanks to maccabee72 for starting that thread. Some are new additions, some are markdowns on previous games. These should qualify for the 25% off sale that starts 7/8 so buy now and keep those receipts for pricematching. Same as last month, if there are new additions throughout the month I'll be adding them.

Here are links to the June and April/May clearance threads as well.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139368
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

:360:
Bionicle Heroes $16.96
Condemned $16.96
Dance Dance Revolution Universe (game only) $16.96
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 $16.96
Eragon $16.96
Gun $16.96
The Outfit $16.96
Phantasy Star Universe $16.96
Quake 4 $16.96
Virtua Tennis 3 $16.96
X-Men: The Official Game $16.96

:wii:
Happy Feet $16.96
Ice Age 2 $16.96
Meet the Robinsons $16.96

:ps3:
College Hoops 2K7 $16.96

:ps2:
Airborne Troops $12.96
Alien Hominid $12.96
Big Mutha Truckers 2 $8.96
Bionicle Heroes $16.96
Crash Tag Team Racing $16.96
Eye Toy: Operation Spy $16.96
Ghost Recon $12.96
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $16.96
The Hobbit $8.96
NHL 2K7 $16.96
Pirates: Legend of the Black Buccaneer $12.96
Rayman: Raving Rabbids $16.96
Rebel Raiders $12.96
Sprint Cars $12.96
Spy Hunter $12.96
Taito Legends $12.96
Tokyo Extreme Racer DRIFT $12.96

:xbox:
Cold Fear $12.96
Conflict: Desert Storm $8.96
Counter Strike $8.96
Fuzion Frenzy $8.96
Mega Man Anniversary Collection $12.96
MLB 2K5 $12.96
Project Gotham Racing 2 $8.96
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow $8.96
SWAT: Global Strike Team $12.96
Unreal Championship $12.96

:gc:
Teen Titans $12.96
Top Gun: Combat Zone $12.96

:ds:
Charlotte's Web $16.96
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales $16.96
Magical Starsign $16.96
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $16.96
Whac-a-Mole $12.96

:gba:
Codename: Kids Next Door $12.96
Kerplunk/Toss Across/Tip It $12.96
Killswitch $12.96
Road Rash: Jailbreak $12.96
Road Trip $12.96
Shaman King: Master of Spirits $12.96
That's So Raven 2 $16.96
Uno/Skip-Bo $12.96

Does anyone know if Target or Best Buy will price match the VT3 price? My CC "had" 3 copies according to the inventory but they were nowhere to be found.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Also, DAMN SKIPPY you want Dragon Quest Heroes.[/quote]
I've only played this game for about thirty minutes (having purchased it back when it initially dropped to $16.96), but I would recommend it as well. I laughed out loud for a good two or three minutes when I found out that the nun slime is named "Mother Glooperior".

I'm a 21-year-old male.

My advice to anyone looking for "Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime" (DS) is this: Check the actual shelf. Most of the people who work at Circuit City are either careless or incompetent, so even if there aren't any copies in the clearance bin, there may well be a copy or two on the shelf with the other DS games.

I have 2 questions, that i hope someone can answer for me.

#1 Are they really selling games at CC for 0.99?

#2 How long is this awesome sale?

[quote name='Vega$']I have 2 questions, that i hope someone can answer for me.

#1 Are they really selling games at CC for 0.99?

#2 How long is this awesome sale?[/quote]

Since you're physically unable to read the OP, I'll answer these for you.:roll:

1. YES!!!! Only the cool deals games though, so hurry and get as many as you can before your local hoarder takes them all. They only ring up at .99 if you take them to the register though, scanning them gives you a different price.

2. This sale ends tonight!!! so you better run to the store fast!!

I'll take guin's advice. If anyone can find me DOAX2 (don't judge me), I'll PayPal them $19 for it shipped. Thanks! I'll also do an even swap for a sealed copy of Lumines for PSP.

[quote name='smashingradioheads']Wait.... so what games are .99 cents?[/quote]

Yeah Would like to know also this is news to me.. people on here mention it like it is common knowledge.....

I was in CC this weekend and because they keep every single Xbox 360 game in the case, there were plenty of Just Cause, DOAX2 & VT3 (at least 3 of each). I just am not sure if I would end up playing any of them. I was thinking of waiting until the 25% off sale, but maybe I'll just get them now and price adjust.

Got some of the eMusic MP3 player bundles (512MB) for $5 each.

No tax. And yess it ends in .00

Found out about it at FW.

.99 games? I looked through the thread and saw nothing about them, esp in the OP. Think there's some sarcasm going on....

[quote name='guinaevere']The CAG links may get screwy, but I'll give it a try.

This is their Trade-In Value Page. Scroll to the bottom to see trade in specials. Very bottom of the page has the Wii promotion.

Edit: Naturally it didn't work. http://www.gamestop.com/ gs / trade-ins / trade-ins.aspv
Without the spaces.

And here's the text for anyone who's too lazy to check the link:
Trade 2 Wii games, get 1 Wii game free!

Expires: 07/08/2007. 2007 & older sports titles and Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire excluded from offer. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. Offer valid games priced $59.99 or less. See store associate for details. No dealers.[/QUOTE]

The in-store fliers have better info. I posted a scan of one a while back:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3044681&postcount=62

In case anyone wants to discuss the EB deal, the thread is all but being ignored now:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141686

I used it to get rid of some of my own games I'll be able to pick up easily later for $20 or less (Cars and Super Swing Golf) as well as some MtR/Avatar combos.

Note that EB/GS is notorious for adding exclusions to these promos after they start. For example, Resident Evil 4 has already been added. It is only a matter of time before MtR and Avatar are added. So if I were you I wouldn't wait until after getting the price match to do the EB deal. It is 90% likely you will be able to get an adjustment on your first try at CC (and if not, as others have said, just try again later or at a different store). But it is really going to suck if you get your adjustment, then open the games only to find out EB/GS doesn't take them any more. And note that the regular trade-in value of those two games (combined) is $18.

[quote name='espy605']I'll take guin's advice. If anyone can find me DOAX2 (don't judge me)[/QUOTE]

Perv.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Please. By now, the hoarders have them all. This is CAG after all.[/QUOTE]

exactly.

if you get the games first and traded them in to game crazy for heavy profit, then you did good and took advantage of an awesome opportunity. If someone else does, then it was some despicable, no-life hoarder who should be shot on sight. don't forget to mention how cool you are for always leaving extra copies for "the people who just wanna play" so people feel extra sympathy for you and your noble and righteous cause.

:)

[quote name='Apossum']exactly.

if you get the games first and traded them in to game crazy for heavy profit, then you did good and took advantage of an awesome opportunity. If someone else does, then it was some despicable, no-life hoarder who should be shot on sight. don't forget to mention how cool you are for always leaving extra copies for "the people who just wanna play" so people feel extra sympathy for you and your noble and righteous cause.

:)[/quote]

Yeah it's a little hypocritical for people to attack people that buy deals to sell on eBay when no one has problems with people flipping games others might actually want.

Picked up

Just Cause
The Outfit
Virtua Tennis 3
DDR Universe
X-Men 3

All for Xbox 360, all for $16.96 (except for The Outfit, which rang up at $19.99). I already had DOA X2 and some of the other "good" cheapies for 360.

I think I got the last VT3, if there was more I'd pick them up for cost + shipping. I'll check next time I go back.

If I am reading this thread correctly, people are going to price adjust the $16.96 games? Aren't they on clearance so no adjusting? Just curious.

EDIT: I stopped back tonight and all the $16.96 games are gone.

[quote name='Haggar']Picked up

Just Cause
The Outfit
Virtua Tennis 3
DDR Universe
X-Men 3

All for Xbox 360, all for $16.96 (except for The Outfit, which rang up at $19.99). I already had DOA X2 and some of the other "good" cheapies for 360.

I think I got the last VT3, if there was more I'd pick them up for cost + shipping. I'll check next time I go back.

If I am reading this thread correctly, people are going to price adjust the $16.96 games? Aren't they on clearance so no adjusting? Just curious.[/quote]

Games that end with .96 can be adjusted for 25% off, I've done so many times in the past.

[quote name='espy605']Yeah it's a little hypocritical for people to attack people that buy deals to sell on eBay when no one has problems with people flipping games others might actually want.[/quote]

I don't care who they are, even if it's Chuck Norris, if I see someone whoarding for any reason they're getting a pineapple up the ass with a side of glitter, especially whoever it was that that managed to swipe all the chocobo tales at my CC. I want my Chocobo Tales:cry:

[quote name='super_nerd']I don't care who they are, even if it's Chuck Norris, if I see someone whoarding for any reason they're getting a pineapple up the ass with a side of glitter, especially whoever it was that that managed to swipe all the chocobo tales at my CC. I want my Chocobo Tales:cry:[/quote]

cues justin timberlake, cry me a river

[quote name='Haggar']Picked up

Just Cause
The Outfit
Virtua Tennis 3
DDR Universe
X-Men 3

If I am reading this thread correctly, people are going to price adjust the $16.96 games? Aren't they on clearance so no adjusting? Just curious.[/quote]
Lucky sob...

[quote name='espy605']Games that end with .96 can be adjusted for 25% off, I've done so many times in the past.[/QUOTE]

I've already gotten one set of Avatar/MtR for the GS/EB sale and plan on going back for the PM.

If I go again and get another set of games would CC PM both receipts of the same thing?

Would they catch on if I did one receipt each day?

[quote name='CombatCraig']I've already gotten one set of Avatar/MtR for the GS/EB sale and plan on going back for the PM.

If I go again and get another set of games would CC PM both receipts of the same thing?

Would they catch on if I did one receipt each day?[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't be an issue. You made two purchases and you're just getting a price match for the difference.

I just picked up my second set today and traded them in at Gamestop for Mario Strikers.

[quote name='psunami']Shouldn't be an issue. You made two purchases and you're just getting a price match for the difference.

I just picked up my second set today and traded them in at Gamestop for Mario Strikers.[/QUOTE]

That's my plan but I called my CC today and they said they were out of Avatar/MtR, but they're also morons so we'll see

Went buy to get more Wii games for trade to GS, had plenty.

They also had 4 or 5 copies of DDRU, and 1 copy of DOAX2.
Probably go back tomorrow for a pair.

I ended up getting Just Cause & 2 copies of VT3 (one for my brother). They had a couple of Just Cause left, a few DOAX2, and a DDRU (I think I got the last 2 VT3's). This is the CC in Avondale at the 101 and I-10 if anyone is interested.

They had no Wii clearence games at all, and in fact only had like 8 different games to choose from for the Wii. It was pretty odd.

[quote name='dallow']Went buy to get more Wii games for trade to GS, had plenty.

They also had 4 or 5 copies of DDRU, and 1 copy of DOAX2.
Probably go back tomorrow for a pair.[/quote]

wow happy hoarding :roll:

[quote name='Derrick1979']wow happy hoarding :roll:[/quote]

Buying a few games here and there for flipping and trading is hardly hoarding. :roll: Especially when they have been on the shelf for a week now since the clearance started. And a large portion of people that contribute to and read these forums do it, so get used to it.

On another note, does anyone ever see these games drop below 8.96? It seems like if I dont buy anything I want when it first hits, it gets gobbled up regardless of quality in the first couple of weeks. Ive seen some of the ebay guys around here before - pretty sure it isnt them, they like to be there bright and early for the good stuff much like myself.

[quote name='Derrick1979']wow happy hoarding :roll:[/QUOTE]

I don't see the problem... if he bought all of them on day one that'd be one thing but he left a few of them there and got them later.

WOW, this sale sucks major ass! What happen to the good old $8.96 clearance sale for the fourth? Used to give me something to look forward to on an otherwise uneventful day. Half these games the stores haven't had in a while and at $16.96, there no bargain to begin with.

Oh well, fun while it lasted.

Yeah, the stores around my area are barren. I even have a buddy who works at CC and he said he hasn't seen many of the titles, aside from Bionicle, in months. I actually took a drive over the bridge to Delaware today to check out their CC. Much cleaner and nicer than the one here, fullly stocked games, but not a single title from the sale list. Ah well. Since it says "Clearance" are we to assume no new shipments of these games will arrive at CC ever again?

[quote name='xdl']
On another note, does anyone ever see these games drop below 8.96? It seems like if I dont buy anything I want when it first hits, it gets gobbled up regardless of quality in the first couple of weeks. Ive seen some of the ebay guys around here before - pretty sure it isnt them, they like to be there bright and early for the good stuff much like myself.[/quote]

theres certainly alot of CAGs these days.. so therefore when $16.96 hits, they buy them almost instantly. DOAX2 & VT3 is a fine example of this.. went to 4 CC's and there was absolutely non in sight. and also, once the district notices that prices are selling at that price point, they tend to hold on to it for much longer, unless they needed shelf space. seriously the last thing i remember buying at 8.96 was Snk Vs. Capcom for the xbox and KOF: Maximum Impact LE for the ps2

[quote name='xdl']Buying a few games here and there for flipping and trading is hardly hoarding. :roll: Especially when they have been on the shelf for a week now since the clearance started. And a large portion of people that contribute to and read these forums do it, so get used to it.

On another note, does anyone ever see these games drop below 8.96? It seems like if I dont buy anything I want when it first hits, it gets gobbled up regardless of quality in the first couple of weeks. Ive seen some of the ebay guys around here before - pretty sure it isnt them, they like to be there bright and early for the good stuff much like myself.[/quote]

Yeah makes it especially harder to find for the guy/girl who might actually want to find a copy of these games to play!! Sorry some people can't run out on day one of the sale, some people have higher priority's.. It would still be nice to be able to find these a week later but alas all the flippers Hoard them up, and it is no different then the people you call hoarders that bull up all the stock or multiple copies to dump on Ebay....

Thanks

[quote name='Derrick1979']Yeah makes it especially harder to find for the guy/girl who might actually want to find a copy of these games to play!! Sorry some people can't run out on day one of the sale, some people have higher priority's.. It would still be nice to be able to find these a week later ...[/quote]
while i completely empathize with your point, and speaking as someone who scours the forums regularly and makes the mad rush to stores to check pricepoints as soon as possible after a tip drops, for the sole purpose of buying copies for myself to play (and perhaps an additional for a friend who i think would enjoy it), i can't think of how the "higher priorities" i do have could interfere with my love for collecting video games.

so... amp up your fanatacism, develop a penchant for run on sentences, learn the most efficent routes to tackle trips to several stores in one drive, and take that route regularly (particulally with kmarts consistently lax approach to updating system markdowns.

or just consider putting a moratorium on huffing and puffing because you couldn't find the deal you were looking for. it will happen, and it will happen frequently, and those who succeed are to be applauded. for the most part we're all in this together.

of course there's going to be some who either mix the notion of monetization with their love of games, or just go straight for the profit. that's their deal, and they're entitled to it. just do your best to be smarter, faster, and hungrier.

like tom hanks said, "there's no crying in CAG Hunting"... ::cough::

my name is mike. and i am a cheap ass gamer.

happy 4th of july. ;)

[quote name='ravenxl']while i completely empathize with your point, and speaking as someone who scours the forums regularly and makes the mad rush to stores to check pricepoints as soon as possible after a tip drops, for the sole purpose of buying copies for myself to play (and perhaps an additional for a friend who i think would enjoy it), i can't think of how the "higher priorities" i do have could interfere with my love for collecting video games.

so... amp up your fanatacism, develop a penchant for run on sentences, learn the most efficent routes to tackle trips to several stores in one drive, and take that route regularly (particulally with kmarts consistently lax approach to updating system markdowns.

or just consider putting a moratorium on huffing and puffing because you couldn't find the deal you were looking for. it will happen, and it will happen frequently, and those who succeed are to be applauded. for the most part we're all in this together.

of course there's going to be some who either mix the notion of monetization with their love of games, or just go straight for the profit. that's their deal, and they're entitled to it. just do your best to be smarter, faster, and hungrier.

like tom hanks said, "there's no crying in CAG Hunting"... ::cough::

my name is mike. and i am a cheap ass gamer.

happy 4th of july. ;)[/quote]

Now THAT was inspirational.:lol:

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Im going to stop in today after work...yes work...:cry: I hope they are open when I go. What are circuit city July 4th hours?[/quote]
I think they close at 7 today. I'm not completely sure since I'm off.:booty:

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Im going to stop in today after work...yes work...:cry: I hope they are open when I go. What are circuit city July 4th hours?[/QUOTE]

We close at 7 today

I was lucky enough to have Best Buy pricematch a few of the Wii games with a CC page print out. No 25% off next week but at least I have the games - will make great gifts or I can trade.:bouncy:

Yeah makes it especially harder to find for the guy/girl who might actually want to find a copy of these games to play!! Sorry some people can't run out on day one of the sale, some people have higher priority's.. It would still be nice to be able to find these a week later but alas all the flippers Hoard them up, and it is no different then the people you call hoarders that bull up all the stock or multiple copies to dump on Ebay....

It's called capitalism. And capitalism is American.

You aren't against America are you?

Especially on the Fourth of July.

I went to my local CC, and was very surprised that they had 3 Avatars and 6 Meet the Robinsons.

I bought 3 of each, and from several Gamestops I got Wiiplay with extra Wiimote, WarioWare, and Rayman: Raving Rabbids. With the extra money I was able to buy Metal Slug: Anthology and Trauma Center: Second Opinion.

Now I have Warioware, Rayman: Raving Rabbids, Trauma Center, Big Brain Academy, Mario Party 8, Metal Slug, and Wiiplay. I got Mario Party 8 and Big Brain Academy for $27.50 each.

Now all that I need is to get a Nintendo Wii. I've got $100 in Gamestop credit, so I just have to keep calling them and finding out when shipments of the Wii come in.

they had binned clearance games at 25% off today in my CC in Mesa AZ. YMMV I'm sure. But your CC may be doing the sale earlier. So no need to PM. I got Turok for $6. A bunch of GBA videos for $3.75 for my niece and nephew. And Bomberman DS for $11. Saw but passed on Bionicle Heros, Phantasy Star Online, Meet the Robinsons, and Eragon. Figured these games weren't worth my time since I have a backlog of games, but at $12.xx I can't complain about the price!

Also I don't know if this was mentioned on the other deals forums but from slickdeals there's a nice little 512mb mp3 player for $5 with 180 emusic downloads. All and all a happy 4th for me! Thanks Neocisco.

Was Grandia 3 in a previous clearance? I saw like 5 of them at my local CC so I'll go back and get one if it was.

[quote name='espy605']It's called capitalism. And capitalism is American.

You aren't against America are you?

Especially on the Fourth of July.[/QUOTE]

I saw 8 copies of Lumines on hold for someone at TRU today at the CS desk.

A true Patriot on the 4th of July ;)

bread's done
Back