Circuit City July clearance

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
Many of these games have been listed in the other thread that was started but I'll put up this thread with the entire list. Thanks to maccabee72 for starting that thread. Some are new additions, some are markdowns on previous games. These should qualify for the 25% off sale that starts 7/8 so buy now and keep those receipts for pricematching. Same as last month, if there are new additions throughout the month I'll be adding them.

Here are links to the June and April/May clearance threads as well.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139368
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

:360:
Bionicle Heroes $16.96
Condemned $16.96
Dance Dance Revolution Universe (game only) $16.96
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 $16.96
Eragon $16.96
Gun $16.96
The Outfit $16.96
Phantasy Star Universe $16.96
Quake 4 $16.96
Virtua Tennis 3 $16.96
X-Men: The Official Game $16.96

:wii:
Happy Feet $16.96
Ice Age 2 $16.96
Meet the Robinsons $16.96

:ps3:
College Hoops 2K7 $16.96

:ps2:
Airborne Troops $12.96
Alien Hominid $12.96
Big Mutha Truckers 2 $8.96
Bionicle Heroes $16.96
Crash Tag Team Racing $16.96
Eye Toy: Operation Spy $16.96
Ghost Recon $12.96
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $16.96
The Hobbit $8.96
NHL 2K7 $16.96
Pirates: Legend of the Black Buccaneer $12.96
Rayman: Raving Rabbids $16.96
Rebel Raiders $12.96
Sprint Cars $12.96
Spy Hunter $12.96
Taito Legends $12.96
Tokyo Extreme Racer DRIFT $12.96

:xbox:
Cold Fear $12.96
Conflict: Desert Storm $8.96
Counter Strike $8.96
Fuzion Frenzy $8.96
Mega Man Anniversary Collection $12.96
MLB 2K5 $12.96
Project Gotham Racing 2 $8.96
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow $8.96
SWAT: Global Strike Team $12.96
Unreal Championship $12.96

:gc:
Teen Titans $12.96
Top Gun: Combat Zone $12.96

:ds:
Charlotte's Web $16.96
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales $16.96
Magical Starsign $16.96
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $16.96
Whac-a-Mole $12.96

:gba:
Codename: Kids Next Door $12.96
Kerplunk/Toss Across/Tip It $12.96
Killswitch $12.96
Road Rash: Jailbreak $12.96
Road Trip $12.96
Shaman King: Master of Spirits $12.96
That's So Raven 2 $16.96
Uno/Skip-Bo $12.96

GAMERS: VIDEO GAME BLOWOUT: Take an Extra 25% Off All Clearance Video Games // Hundreds of Titles To Choose From // Clearance Games are Marked with the Following Prices: $4.96 / $8.96 / $12.96 / $16.96 // Titles may vary by store

so i take it that the 25% off ONLY applies to games that are marked with the $ XX.96, and not on $ XX.99 (such as $ 9.99)?

[quote name='Vinny']Are you guys sure you can buy now and PM later?
[/quote] Yes. I was able to do PM for 6 clearance games that were 27 days old AND when CC had a glitch where the "25%-off Cool Deals" also applied to clearance titles. This time around, the sale is on clearance games, so no need to worry about whether or not CC fixed a glitch.

[quote name='Vinny']
Can you point to the advertisement? Or is it going to be in a future flyer. I know it starts on the 8th of July but that's about all I know.[/quote] It's in speedy's advance CC ad, so I imagine it will be in the in-store ad as well when the time comes.

[quote name='topnotch97'] so i take it that the 25% off ONLY applies to games that are marked with the $ XX.96, and not on $ XX.99 (such as $ 9.99)?[/quote] LOL. Read what you quoted from speedy's ad. Slowly. ;)

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']Does anyone know if Lumines 2 is on clearance? I saw a copy of that last time I was at CC.[/QUOTE]
toys r us has that for $10 since monday

[quote name='parKer20']
LOL. Read what you quoted from speedy's ad. Slowly. ;)[/QUOTE]

well it wouldn't hurt to know if the other games that are priced at either $7.99 and $9.99 would get 25%. as there are plenty at the clearance bins, and i wouldn't mind picking up a few of these.

[quote name='parKer20']Yes. I was able to do PM for 6 clearance games that were 27 days old AND when CC had a glitch where the "25%-off Cool Deals" also applied to clearance titles. This time around, the sale is on clearance games, so no need to worry about whether or not CC fixed a glitch.

It's in speedy's advance CC ad, so I imagine it will be in the in-store ad as well when the time comes.

LOL. Read what you quoted from speedy's ad. Slowly. ;)[/QUOTE]

Alright, good to hear. So this helps me out even more... I picked up 2x Lumines for $12.96 and VP Lenneth for $16.96. So that'll save me another $10 on those games.

It really sucks I missed out on that Grandia III... it was marked $39.99 and I didn't know it was on clearance.:cry: Oh well, I the other games made up for it.:)

[quote name='squirrelboy']wait a second did u leave psp out of the list on accident?[/quote]

No. There were no PSP games on this particular list.

Thanks, Neo. Obviously disappointing after these years of being spoiled by CCs July clearances, but what can ya do?

[quote name='Vinny']Are you guys sure you can buy now and PM later?[/quote]I always keep the games aside, in their wrappers until they've been successfully PMed *IF* I only want that game at the pricematched price.

Example: I picked up Chocobo, because I'll pay ~$13 for it, but not $17. So until I get it PMed, effectively bringing the price down to ~$13, it stays sealed, in it's CC bag. If CC all of a sudden changes policy and doesn't honor clearance items for PMing, then it gets returned.

[quote name='topnotch97']so i take it that the 25% off ONLY applies to games that are marked with the $ XX.96, and not on $ XX.99 (such as $ 9.99)?[/quote]That's exactly right. ONLY $xx.96 games will get the 25% off.

[quote name='espy605']Can anyone pick me up a DOAX2 for $17 shipped once the Cool Deals sale begins? Please PM![/quote]You're probably going to have to offer a little better than that. The game will be close to $14 with tax in most states, shipping envelope is about $1, First Class shipping with DC will add $2 - $2.50. Gas, Paypal fees... I'd suggest offering $19 shipped and you may find some CAGs who'll help you out if they find an extra.

[quote name='guinaevere']
Example: I picked up Chocobo, because I'll pay ~$13 for it, but not $17. So until I get it PMed, effectively bringing the price down to ~$13, it stays sealed, in it's CC bag. If CC all of a sudden changes policy and doesn't honor clearance items for PMing, then it gets returned.

[/QUOTE]

Then promptly rebought at 25% off, right? ;)

It would make no sense for CC not to price adjust the 25% sale. They'll have to deal with a ton of returns and rebuys.

Can you get a price adjustment with just your receipt, or do you have to bring the games in? I already gave all of my copies of DOAX2 to gamecrazy.

[quote name='JCDenton']Can you get a price adjustment with just your receipt, or do you have to bring the games in? I already gave all of my copies of DOAX2 to gamecrazy.[/quote]
Only need the receipt. If they give you problems, buy a copy of DOAX2 for $13 and return that sealed copy with the old receipt that has the $17 price.

[quote name='guinaevere']

I always keep the games aside, in their wrappers until they've been successfully PMed *IF* I only want that game at the pricematched price.

Example: I picked up Chocobo, because I'll pay ~$13 for it, but not $17. So until I get it PMed, effectively bringing the price down to ~$13, it stays sealed, in it's CC bag. If CC all of a sudden changes policy and doesn't honor clearance items for PMing, then it gets returned.[/QUOTE]

But here's the thing...

The EB sale ends on the 7th and the CC 25% off isn't until the 8th.

So if I trade the items in on or before the 7th, I no longer have them. And if I can't PM them, then I have nothing to return.

It's a difference of $16.96 (not counting tax) which doesn't sound like much but it's like paying $70 for two games vs $50 if it does work.

I wasn't planning on getting either game now, I was holding off until the TRU B2G1 free sale later on so... that's what makes it so hard to choose.

I think I might do it anyway. I don't think I'll have any trouble.

[quote name='Vinny']But here's the thing...

So if I trade the items in on or before the 7th, I no longer have them. And if I can't PM them, then I have nothing to return.

It's a difference of $16.96 (not counting tax) which doesn't sound like much but it's like paying $70 for two games vs $50 if it does work.

I wasn't planning on getting either game now, I was holding off until the TRU B2G1 free sale later on so... that's what makes it so hard to choose.

I think I might do it anyway. I don't think I'll have any trouble.[/QUOTE]

If for some reason it doesn't work at one CC (and believe me it should), just hit up every other CC in the area as one is bound to know what they're doing and give you a price adjustment.

[quote name='shrike4242']Picking up Avatar + MtR for $12.72 each makes the T2G1 at EB/GS even sweeter, assuming it'll still be going on by then.[/quote]

Can someone give me a link to the GS sale?

[quote name='Vinny']But here's the thing...

I think I might do it anyway. I don't think I'll have any trouble.[/quote]No more worries:
Trade 2 Wii games, get 1 Wii game free!

Expires: 07/08/2007.

Picked up Happy feet and Avatar Wii for 16.96 and Dangerous Hunts 2 for XBOX for 8.96. The bin was FULL saw choco tales DS and someone horded all the Virtua Tennis 3 360 from the regular shelf. Great!:bomb:

You could always use the $40 off $200 coupon.

Buy 12 of the $16.96 games.

Or, if there aren't 12 games, buy what you want and then add some other stuff to bring your total up to $200. It doesn't matter what else you buy, just return them the next day and get your money back.

The coupon doesn't take $40 off at the end of the order, it "prorates" each item. The $16.96 games will be ~ $13.60 each. Effectively giving you 20% off. When you return the other items, they will be returned at the prorated price shown on the receipt.

[quote name='topnotch97']well it wouldn't hurt to know if the other games that are priced at either $7.99 and $9.99 would get 25%. as there are plenty at the clearance bins, and i wouldn't mind picking up a few of these.[/quote] Well, CC clearance games end in .X6, which is why speedy's ad specifically says: "25% off all clearance games - clearance games are marked with the following prices: $4.96, $8.96, $12.96, and $16.96." They list the clearance pricing scheme (.X6) so that you don't mistakingly think that the .X9 games are included in the sale.

I think that some of those $7.99/$9.99 games are "Cool Deals." CC occasionally has 25%-off sales on those.

[quote name='botticus']No more worries:[/QUOTE]

Weird... I could've sworn this ended on the the 7th.:whistle2:k Oh well, good news for me!:)

WOW one of my local game stores will give me $30 credit or $22 cash for DDR game only!!! and I can get $22 credit for vitura tennis 3!!! That means I can make money off this, you guys should check ur local game stores to see if they still have high prices for those games.

[quote name='neocisco']Can someone give me a link to the GS sale?[/quote]The CAG links may get screwy, but I'll give it a try.

This is their Trade-In Value Page. Scroll to the bottom to see trade in specials. Very bottom of the page has the Wii promotion.

Edit: Naturally it didn't work. http://www.gamestop.com/ gs / trade-ins / trade-ins.aspv
Without the spaces.

And here's the text for anyone who's too lazy to check the link:
Trade 2 Wii games, get 1 Wii game free!

Expires: 07/08/2007. 2007 & older sports titles and Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire excluded from offer. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. Offer valid games priced $59.99 or less. See store associate for details. No dealers.

this is the only clearance I have to say I'm not even going to bother with. I have so many games backlogged from past gen systems. No good rpgs on the clearance list...

So I'm not gonna have any trouble getting money back from CC when these drop to 25% if I only have the receipt, right? I've got the two games on hand, but am leery about handin' 'em over to GameStop, yet.

CC you have failed me...but its not like its the first time. One of the best sales of CAG is the CC clearence...

I was able to pick up Chocobo Tales DS and Lumines for PSP. Lumines was $13 a pretty good price for a game in high demand at the moment.

Hmm. Is the page dedicated to the EB/GS 2-for-1 trade in deal for Wii/PS3 games, misinterpreted? It says "7 August 2007," so numerically every thing corresponds to 7/8/2007. However, normal US standards put the month as the first number.

[quote name='prmononoke']Damn. Well, I guess I'll pick up GUN and get that (along with my previously purchased DOAX2 and DDRU) price adjusted. Thanks for posting this anyway.[/quote]

When you get GUN, play it on the highest difficulty. Otherwise you'll feel like you wasted your time with the game.

glad I saved my receipt for DoAX2 and DDR :) traded them at gamecrazy for a new and sealed copy of DDS2 (to go in my collection) and putting the left over $17 towards Persona 3. the extra $8 makes it sweeter!

[quote name='crunchb3rry']When you get GUN, play it on the highest difficulty. Otherwise you'll feel like you wasted your time with the game.[/quote]

Highest difficulty? I dunno if they change the difficulties up for the 360 version, but the first part of the game where your stats are all suck is pretty murderous on Hard. It'd take like three shots to bring my Western to a premature end, and I could collect three shots in the time it takes to stand up and fire. Without Quickdraw, I'd have been fucked.

But, yeah, when the second half comes around, I became more Clint Eastwood.

[quote name='dafunkk12']I also picked up (both DS) Contact and DQ: Rocket Slime still sitting at $16.96 the other day. Not as "outdated" as the previously listed, currently unlisted console clearances, so maybe some gamers might be interested.[/quote]

Rocket Slime? Is that YMMV or is it clearanced everywhere? Hot damn I wants that game.

[quote name='moblin']Rocket Slime? Is that YMMV or is it clearanced everywhere? Hot damn I wants that game.[/quote]
Rocket Slime was from the last clearance in March.

Meh, I can't find anywhere around here that will give me decent credit for any of these games.

Gamestop would only give me $9 for DDR and $12 for Virtua Tennis 3. Why can't I have a Gamecrazy or some other good video games store?:whistle2:(

[quote name='YoshiFan1']^ FYE gives $21.75 each for both games. Not a huge amount of profit but better than EB/Gamestop[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm thinking about doing that deal they've got going on there. Thanks!

Hey, do anyone know if they are having a sale on any computer stuff, like video cards, HD space?

:( I can't even buy a VT3 to keep! :( :(

Also, DAMN SKIPPY you want Dragon Quest Heroes. Delicious little game and perfect at 16.96. Unfortunately, it dropped a couple of clearances ago, so you won't find it. There's a chance, but a very minute one. Take a swing though, next time you're near the CC.

[quote name='RollingSkull']:( I can't even buy a VT3 to keep! :( :(

[/QUOTE]

Yep. That's how I feel reading about people buying multiples just to trade when I just want one to play. Damn.

[quote name='shieryda']Finally found a copy of Virtua Tennis 3. Unfortunately, I had to drive all the way to Sylvania, OH, to find it![/quote]

Please tell me you didn't drive all the way to Ohio to get a clearance game. LOL. And you could have bought a couple extra copies for us! :lol:

[quote name='chicagoz']Please tell me you didn't drive all the way to Ohio to get a clearance game. LOL. And you could have bought a couple extra copies for us! :lol:[/quote]

What? You don't drive 400 miles just to find a copy of a game in another state?;) No, we were visiting relatives and I thought I'd swing by there. I thought about my Chicago CAGs, but they only had 2 copies, and my buddy in Michigan had requested one, too.

bread's done
Back