Circuit City July clearance

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
Many of these games have been listed in the other thread that was started but I'll put up this thread with the entire list. Thanks to maccabee72 for starting that thread. Some are new additions, some are markdowns on previous games. These should qualify for the 25% off sale that starts 7/8 so buy now and keep those receipts for pricematching. Same as last month, if there are new additions throughout the month I'll be adding them.

Here are links to the June and April/May clearance threads as well.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139368
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

:360:
Bionicle Heroes $16.96
Condemned $16.96
Dance Dance Revolution Universe (game only) $16.96
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 $16.96
Eragon $16.96
Gun $16.96
The Outfit $16.96
Phantasy Star Universe $16.96
Quake 4 $16.96
Virtua Tennis 3 $16.96
X-Men: The Official Game $16.96

:wii:
Happy Feet $16.96
Ice Age 2 $16.96
Meet the Robinsons $16.96

:ps3:
College Hoops 2K7 $16.96

:ps2:
Airborne Troops $12.96
Alien Hominid $12.96
Big Mutha Truckers 2 $8.96
Bionicle Heroes $16.96
Crash Tag Team Racing $16.96
Eye Toy: Operation Spy $16.96
Ghost Recon $12.96
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $16.96
The Hobbit $8.96
NHL 2K7 $16.96
Pirates: Legend of the Black Buccaneer $12.96
Rayman: Raving Rabbids $16.96
Rebel Raiders $12.96
Sprint Cars $12.96
Spy Hunter $12.96
Taito Legends $12.96
Tokyo Extreme Racer DRIFT $12.96

:xbox:
Cold Fear $12.96
Conflict: Desert Storm $8.96
Counter Strike $8.96
Fuzion Frenzy $8.96
Mega Man Anniversary Collection $12.96
MLB 2K5 $12.96
Project Gotham Racing 2 $8.96
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow $8.96
SWAT: Global Strike Team $12.96
Unreal Championship $12.96

:gc:
Teen Titans $12.96
Top Gun: Combat Zone $12.96

:ds:
Charlotte's Web $16.96
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales $16.96
Magical Starsign $16.96
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $16.96
Whac-a-Mole $12.96

:gba:
Codename: Kids Next Door $12.96
Kerplunk/Toss Across/Tip It $12.96
Killswitch $12.96
Road Rash: Jailbreak $12.96
Road Trip $12.96
Shaman King: Master of Spirits $12.96
That's So Raven 2 $16.96
Uno/Skip-Bo $12.96

[quote name='Derrick1979']wow happy hoarding :roll:[/QUOTE]

lol i love how people love to complain when people hoard games. Ummm if your tag is right your like what 10 states away from the poster , so its not like they are hurting you

Also get use to it people. Yes maybe 2 or 3 years back if you leave games then people who want to play them can get them, BUT now if you leave the games just another person from here or fatwallet or SLickdeals or another site will just grab them all.

I say if you see a great deal Grab every copy that you can so trade them here or even take them to ebay. though i dont remember the last great time there was a massive Ebay rush, If you dont do it the next person will. (at least here )

Also anyone in fort wayne see any of those games come back yet to the TRU ...seems that dude must of had luck and dumped every single game they grabbed cause i didnt see anything good in the bin today

[quote name='FOnewearl']I saw 8 copies of Lumines on hold for someone at TRU today at the CS desk.

A true Patriot on the 4th of July ;)[/quote]

As I said before, Lumines is an OLD clearance, it has been since long before I quit TRU, and that was months ago. At this point, hoarding is fair game.

Well now that Dark_Alex has quit the PSP Custom Firmware scene, seems Lumines will be worthless to own now for custom firmware and ebay prices will plummet.

I'd like to use a 15 off of a 100 coupon, but I don't have enough clearance games to do so. I'm happy, though, that this isn't a super sale. I need to save up for my next six months of car insurance

is this deal only on the internet? i went into one of the stores in my city and the prices were the normal 50 and 60 a pop, i found those prices online, but most of them were unavailable online or instore, and now they only have 3 games listed.

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']is this deal only on the internet? i went into one of the stores in my city and the prices were the normal 50 and 60 a pop, i found those prices online, but most of them were unavailable online or instore, and now they only have 3 games listed.[/QUOTE]

I see you are new to this ;). Just bring 'em up to the register, they will be $16.96. Price tags are meaningless. Just consider yourself lucky you don't have a store that correctly tags them and dumps them in a clearance bin - they don't last long that way.

[quote name='io']I see you are new to this ;). Just bring 'em up to the register, they will be $16.96. Price tags are meaningless. Just consider yourself lucky you don't have a store that correctly tags them and dumps them in a clearance bin - they don't last long that way.[/quote]

I'm also new too clearance, but there is no bin at my store. I found 6 DDR on my stores 360 shelf, along with VT3 and such. They're marked for 50 or 60 dollars, but they will be 16.96 right?

[quote name='Manatee x360a.org']I'm also new too clearance, but there is no bin at my store. I found 6 DDR on my stores 360 shelf, along with VT3 and such. They're marked for 50 or 60 dollars, but they will be 16.96 right?[/quote]

Affirmative.

[quote name='Manatee x360a.org']I'm also new too clearance, but there is no bin at my store. I found 6 DDR on my stores 360 shelf, along with VT3 and such. They're marked for 50 or 60 dollars, but they will be 16.96 right?[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing a Gamecrazy isn't in your state. Someone(s) raped my store of all 360 games... :/

I went into my Toys R Us two days ago to check out some PS2 games, and I totally forgot about the Lumines thing untill I passed by the PSP section and out of the corner of my eye I see a lumines for $13 :) so I picked it up!

[quote name='Manatee x360a.org']I'm also new too clearance, but there is no bin at my store. I found 6 DDR on my stores 360 shelf, along with VT3 and such. They're marked for 50 or 60 dollars, but they will be 16.96 right?[/QUOTE]

where is this?

sub question - why don't people put their location in their profile? Makes things so much easier.

Yes.

[quote name='io']I see you are new to this ;). Just bring 'em up to the register, they will be $16.96. Price tags are meaningless. Just consider yourself lucky you don't have a store that correctly tags them and dumps them in a clearance bin - they don't last long that way.[/QUOTE]

I went to a different CC today and got worried when I saw all the Avatars and MtR we're still marked 49.99 but I price checked and we're all good. Mario Strikers here I come!

all it takes is to ask a CC employee to do a price check. just bringing it over to either a check out or customer service and it will be fine.

I definitely want Condemned if I can find it at my CC.

Are any of the other 360 games worth the $12.72 (after 25%)? I picked up VT3 already, great game! What about Quake 4/Gun? Those decent games?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm guessing a Gamecrazy isn't in your state. Someone(s) raped my store of all 360 games... :/[/quote]

What's up with GameCrazy?

I wish I could get VT3 and Tiger Golf 2006.

I am one happy camper, picked up the lone copy of Chocobo Tales that was hidden on the lowest rack:D:D:D:D:D

Everything good was long gone, and the older clearance games in the bins were such a mess. When I went earlier last week or so the employees had them arranged so nicely...

I also picked up 2 mp3 players, one for me, one for my bro, they were in a huge bin, there were only ~10 left after I picked up 2 (Schaumburg, IL - the CC on Golf Rd.).

Question... I've never traded in anything at GameCrazy. When you are flipping for a profit, do you trade in the sealed games or do you open them and then trade them in?

Anything else I should know before I buy some games to flip.

THE SALE IS OVER?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO oh well, back to the low price games at ebgames or gamestop.

Random Question:

I bought 2 pairs of Avatar/MtR BUT from separate stores. So 1 pair at each store

When I go back next week to do the PM for the 25% off, can I take both receipts to 1 store? Or is it store specific - I have to go to each store to PM?

Thanks CAG'ers

[quote name='CombatCraig']When I go back next week to do the PM for the 25% off, can I take both receipts to 1 store? Or is it store specific - I have to go to each store to PM?[/quote]The last time I did a PM for clearance games at CC, I PMed them all at 1 store successfully even though I bought the games at 2 different stores.

Picked up a copy of Quake 4 for my brother seeing he just got a 360 and wants games but is to lazy to go deal hunting..

Was pretty picked over the only other one obviously was a few more quake 4 games and a few Bionicle games.... Saw a copy of Odin Sphere in the clearance bin for %16.96, it was one of those tags with the pen written out price and took it up there... lol they said no and got a manager and went to customer service and said either someone put that tag on the wrong game or someone( customer) was being a smart ass and put it on there...
It was the last copy they had and it was not in a security case but I know it was a mistake..

Picked up a copy of Virtua Tennis 3 and DOAX2 yesterday at my local CC. Both were in the display case with several copies available. DOAX2 was labeled as 59.99 and VT3 was labeled as 39.99. Also picked up Gun but struck out with condemned. I was hoping to find that one as I've been wanting to add it to my collection for a while. Hopefully the PM goes well on Sunday....

Both were in the display case with several copies available. DOAX2 was labeled as 59.99 and VT3 was labeled as 39.99. Also picked up Gun but struck out with condemned.

New hope! I always forget to check the glass case with 360 games in it. Im stoopid

Picked up Gun yesterday and then today I realized I had bought Condemned (for $29.99) in the middle of June and decided to take the receipt in and see if they would reimburse me at all. Sure enough, I had myself a new copy of Quake 4 (the last one) for only $4 and some change.

Glad I caught this thread! :bouncy:

[quote name='CombatCraig']Random Question:

I bought 2 pairs of Avatar/MtR BUT from separate stores. So 1 pair at each store

When I go back next week to do the PM for the 25% off, can I take both receipts to 1 store? Or is it store specific - I have to go to each store to PM?

Thanks CAG'ers[/quote]Any store will take care of the issue.

anyone have an extra copy of vt3, that'd they'd take for one of the other games on the list? my cc had loads of many of the titles, but no vt3. :)

pm me!

thanks
charlie

My gamecrazy in NJ told me extra 50% ended July 1.

Anyway, no DOAX2 or VT3 at my CC, but a TON of Bionicle Heroes, X-men, Quake 4, Gun, and Eragon. Took one Eragon and left the rest (well I took the only Jsut Cause and DDR Universes)

Nixon Drive in Mt Laurel, NJ. Guess no CAGs around me...the clerance bins are full, and have some nice items in there still. Several Battalion wars at $12.96. lots of GBA games.

Oh, saw at least one chocobo tales and several rocket slimes in the DS section. Marked regular price, but we CAGs know better.

Oh, and if anyone cares, there is a nice looking brand new STEEL BATTALION in Willingboro, NJ's gamecrazy. Been there a long time but the box still looks nice. It's high on the shelf above the register. It is appropriately priced this time, at $99.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']
Oh, and if anyone cares, there is a nice looking brand new STEEL BATTALION in Willingboro, NJ's gamecrazy. Been there a long time but the box still looks nice. It's high on the shelf above the register. It is appropriately priced this time, at $99.[/quote]

this disappeared at any of the GS/EB ive visited over the last 6 months. i even saw a used one.

I thought there was a yearly promotion/sale during the July 4th week/summer at Circuit City. What did I miss or has it not happened yet?

Nevermined I saw this on the bestbuy website Phantasy star universe:Ambition of the Illuminus i'll get that when it comes out instead.

How hard is it to return unopened items to CC will they only allow CC gift card of that amount or full money refund of the game?

Thanks alot hope i'm not spamming.

I'm pretty happy because of this Clearance. Circuit City AM GODS. I picked up Virtua Tennis 3 and Dead or Alive Xtreme 2. I love it. Two pretty new titles at very attractive prices. I'm going to put 100s of hours into each of them. :)

[quote name='Thizzco0kie']do these games stay that cheap or is it just for this month[/QUOTE]

they stay like that... like forever. well until your local CC runs out.
they're on clearance, meaning they (CC) want to get rid of it.

[quote name='topnotch97']they stay like that... like forever. well until your local CC runs out.
they're on clearance, meaning they (CC) want to get rid of it.[/quote]
But then I'll never get VT3.. Noooooo. :cry:
I mean you know until whenever. Probably through a LameStop deal.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Awful list.

Since when is $17 for crappy games considered "clearance"?[/quote]

Thats call a scam. :lol: I notice alot of folks is trying to get over every now and then on not just bad games, but stuff that is like 10 years old.

:bomb:

[quote name='Xerxes']But then I'll never get VT3.. Noooooo. :cry:
I mean you know until whenever. Probably through a LameStop deal.[/QUOTE]

you know what i notice during deals like these at CC, when a good deal comes around the particular game that you want would be among the missing. even though you saw tons of copies like a few weeks ago, they'll mysteriously disappear from the bins. but a week after the deals, they mysteriously re-appear at the bins. kinda like when Fables (xbox) was priced at $7.99, they mysteriously go *poof* and a couple days later a dozen or so appears priced at $9.99. son of a :bomb:

so watch out for your copy of VT3, who knows they'll just gone fishing.:roll:

Picked up Just Cause today, gonna price adjust along with DOAX2 and VT3.

I couldn't find a single copy of Phantasy Star though. Plenty of DDR, King Kong and other stuff, but no PS. :(

In this weeks ad, there is 25% off all clearance games. Not like it would make a difference at my Circuit City in Whitehall, PA since it's so overshopped.

[quote name='slidecage']anyone know what time they update the site. last 2 years it was around 3am. 330 now and still no update[/QUOTE]

sucks the games are not on sale online. Worse july 4 sale ever ... at least the all the other years they had some online

and since everyone cleared out all of the xbox 360 games for Gamecrazy flips you might as well say your wont get any Price adjustments since they dont have the game instock : (

Yeah i picked up Just Cause, Magical Starsign and the BEST deal i was able to get Tiger Woods 07 (PSP) for 12.92. The store messed up on the price, so i made them honor it :D

bread's done
Back