Circuit City July clearance

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
Many of these games have been listed in the other thread that was started but I'll put up this thread with the entire list. Thanks to maccabee72 for starting that thread. Some are new additions, some are markdowns on previous games. These should qualify for the 25% off sale that starts 7/8 so buy now and keep those receipts for pricematching. Same as last month, if there are new additions throughout the month I'll be adding them.

Here are links to the June and April/May clearance threads as well.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139368
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

:360:
Bionicle Heroes $16.96
Condemned $16.96
Dance Dance Revolution Universe (game only) $16.96
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 $16.96
Eragon $16.96
Gun $16.96
The Outfit $16.96
Phantasy Star Universe $16.96
Quake 4 $16.96
Virtua Tennis 3 $16.96
X-Men: The Official Game $16.96

:wii:
Happy Feet $16.96
Ice Age 2 $16.96
Meet the Robinsons $16.96

:ps3:
College Hoops 2K7 $16.96

:ps2:
Airborne Troops $12.96
Alien Hominid $12.96
Big Mutha Truckers 2 $8.96
Bionicle Heroes $16.96
Crash Tag Team Racing $16.96
Eye Toy: Operation Spy $16.96
Ghost Recon $12.96
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $16.96
The Hobbit $8.96
NHL 2K7 $16.96
Pirates: Legend of the Black Buccaneer $12.96
Rayman: Raving Rabbids $16.96
Rebel Raiders $12.96
Sprint Cars $12.96
Spy Hunter $12.96
Taito Legends $12.96
Tokyo Extreme Racer DRIFT $12.96

:xbox:
Cold Fear $12.96
Conflict: Desert Storm $8.96
Counter Strike $8.96
Fuzion Frenzy $8.96
Mega Man Anniversary Collection $12.96
MLB 2K5 $12.96
Project Gotham Racing 2 $8.96
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow $8.96
SWAT: Global Strike Team $12.96
Unreal Championship $12.96

:gc:
Teen Titans $12.96
Top Gun: Combat Zone $12.96

:ds:
Charlotte's Web $16.96
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales $16.96
Magical Starsign $16.96
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $16.96
Whac-a-Mole $12.96

:gba:
Codename: Kids Next Door $12.96
Kerplunk/Toss Across/Tip It $12.96
Killswitch $12.96
Road Rash: Jailbreak $12.96
Road Trip $12.96
Shaman King: Master of Spirits $12.96
That's So Raven 2 $16.96
Uno/Skip-Bo $12.96

[quote name='slidecage']sucks the games are not on sale online. Worse july 4 sale ever ... at least the all the other years they had some online

and since everyone cleared out all of the xbox 360 games for Gamecrazy flips you might as well say your wont get any Price adjustments since they dont have the game instock : ([/quote]

Price adjustments don't require the item to still be in stock, AFAIK. The only time stock is required is when you are PM'ing another store's price. CC will honor their own advertised price.

[quote name='slidecage']and since everyone cleared out all of the xbox 360 games for Gamecrazy flips you might as well say your wont get any Price adjustments since they dont have the game instock : ([/quote] Nope, when I price adjust at CC, they don't check their inventory. They just ask for the receipt so they can check the date of purchase to make sure it was made within 30 days. I plan on doing the price adjust today with the DOAX2 that I traded in to GC a few weeks ago.

Picked up Condemned for $16.96 so I don't know what is up with the 25% off. I was going to put up a fight but the line was so long and the clerk seemed to be new so I didn't want to give her a headache. I'll go back in a few days to get the adjustment but I don't understand why it didn't come out to $12.72 (from the discount).

[quote name='Kendro']Picked up Condemned for $16.96 so I don't know what is up with the 25% off. I was going to put up a fight but the line was so long and the clerk seemed to be new so I didn't want to give her a headache. I'll go back in a few days to get the adjustment but I don't understand why it didn't come out to $12.72 (from the discount).[/quote]

Similar situation with me this morning. Picked up Myst III: Exile and Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Black Edition, both ringing up at the 'regular' prices ($8.96 and $16.96 respectively) without the 25% off. Because the price tags on each game weren't updated (NFS still had $59.99 on it!), the cashier assumed the discount was applied automatically...

Figured it was best to just pay up now and go back later in the week for the price adjustment, but it may be tricky due to the old price tags. Do I need to bring the games for a price adjust?

you should have stayed at the store, after the checkout.
but then grab first a copy of their Ad.

the best way could be bringing a copy of the Ad at the customer service and ask them on the spot regarding the sale ad. and from there tell them to do the price adjust.

[quote name='JJc14']Similar situation with me this morning. Picked up Myst III: Exile and Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Black Edition, both ringing up at the 'regular' prices ($8.96 and $16.96 respectively) without the 25% off. Because the price tags on each game weren't updated (NFS still had $59.99 on it!), the cashier assumed the discount was applied automatically...

Figured it was best to just pay up now and go back later in the week for the price adjustment, but it may be tricky due to the old price tags. Do I need to bring the games for a price adjust?[/quote]

Same here, the girl was a moron who checked me out. She adjusted the price on Soul Calibur 3 to $10, but on DOAX2 she said it was already discounted. I'm gonna go back tomorrow to return or see if I can PM Toys R Us on the Transformers game I just bought.

If the price ends in xx.96, that's clearance and should be reduced as part of this sale. It should end in xx.72 after the 25% discount.

16.96 - 25% = 12.72
12.96 - 25% = 9.72
8.96 - 25% = 6.72
and so on...

I had the same issues with Avatar, Meet the Robinsons, and Virtua Tennis.

They had to do a manual price over ride on all of them, but I did get all of the adjustments that I needed.

It took about 10 minutes since I had 5 receipts, but I had no problem getting the prices adjusted. I just brought the receipts and showed them the ad, and they did the adjustments.

[quote name='Techsticles']Same here, the girl was a moron who checked me out. She adjusted the price on Soul Calibur 3 to $10, but on DOAX2 she said it was already discounted. I'm gonna go back tomorrow to return or see if I can PM Toys R Us on the Transformers game I just bought.[/quote]

Well, she still checked you out even though you were buying DOAX2.. was she cute? ;)

LOL sorry, a bit punchy today.

I only have one receipt to PM, will see if FW/SDers clened out the lots of clearance there was left at my store.

Trying to get price adjustments for MtR & Avatar has been like pulling teeth. So far, I've had to explain how them adjusting the price would be identical to me returning the games, then rebuying them this week at the cheaper price (with the latter forcing more work on both sides), explaining to them that just because the title is not listed in the ad, does not mean it is excluded from the sale (no Wii games shown in ad) and what the xx.96 means and why my receipts show the same price. All in all I had to go to 3 CCs to get them adjusted (one store was a flat out no, but they also have the new POS). I'll hit a Denver store later this week and hope for better luck for the last of my adjustments...

[quote name='Starky27']Trying to get price adjustments for MtR & Avatar has been like pulling teeth. So far, I've had to explain how them adjusting the price would be identical to me returning the games, then rebuying them this week at the cheaper price (with the latter forcing more work on both sides), explaining to them that just because the title is not listed in the ad, does not mean it is excluded from the sale (no Wii games shown in ad) and what the xx.96 means and why my receipts show the same price. All in all I had to go to 3 CCs to get them adjusted (one store was a flat out no, but they also have the new POS). I'll hit a Denver store later this week and hope for better luck for the last of my adjustments...[/QUOTE]

I too was told over and over that the ad was a misprint, the 16.96 WAS the 25% of (because CC workers can't read the word EXTRA). But apparently several people tried before me and she was pissed and just gave me the 25% off finally...good times

I had a horrible time trying to get this 25% extra to work too. I don't understand why any of the employees can't understand the word "extra" in the add.

After about twenty minutes of arguing with two different customer service reps, I just went down the road and PMed the deal at Best Buy no problem. Funny how CC's deal worked at Best Buy but not at their own store.

I didn't want to be a asshole, but I didn't want to pay $10 extra either.

I went to price-adjust a few $16.96 games I bought last week, totaling about $86. The two girls at customer service didn't want to price-adjust them for me, but then they asked a manager who said to do it. It took like 10 minutes because the girl didn't know what she was doing, but I'm not going to complain because she gave me ~$46 back when she was done. :D

[quote name='Vendetta']I went to price-adjust a few $16.96 games I bought last week, totaling about $86. The two girls at customer service didn't want to price-adjust them for me, but then they asked a manager who said to do it. It took like 10 minutes because the girl didn't know what she was doing, but I'm not going to complain because she gave me ~$46 back when she was done. :D[/quote]

Sounds like she games you almost 50% off instead of 25%... nice

I had little trouble adjusting mine. They asked the manager and he said that if it ends in .96, it gets 25% off. My only problem is I paid with debit on both purchases, and for some reason, they credited one back to the card while they gave me cash on the other.

I ended up picking up DDRU as well. It didn't deduct automatically, but they adjusted it without issue. They said the register issue should be cleared up tomorrow.

Oh man, some of you actually had some trouble PMing? That sucks... I can't argue worth shit with CC employees (and I don't want to ask my friends working there to do it because I don't wanna get them in trouble).

I hope I don't get any shit when I go tomorrow.

After arguing with one of the "well the computer didn't automatically take the 25% off, so it doesn't apply" CS monkeys, I had to pull a manager to read the ad. I told them either the ad is incorrect or the system isn't taking off the 25%.

So the mgr ended up manually PMing the price and he was supposed to call corporate to find out why the 25% off isn't being applied. What a PITA.:bomb: Fortunately, the store wasn't too busy.

LOL. That is why I plan on waiting a few days before I adjust the price. I'm hoping the CSR department will get the process down pat after they go through X amount of people in the coming days.

Crap, so the prices aren't coming up $12.72 automatically? That is going to make price matching a pain in the ass. I was going to head up there just for that today (since I have several things to adjust). But if they don't see the price coming up cheaper it is going to be a problem. Maybe I'll wait till tomorrow to see if this clears up. I could very easily see them telling me the $16.96 is "already 25% off".

[quote name='io']Crap, so the prices aren't coming up $12.72 automatically? That is going to make price matching a pain in the ass. I was going to head up there just for that today (since I have several things to adjust). But if they don't see the price coming up cheaper it is going to be a problem. Maybe I'll wait till tomorrow to see if this clears up. I could very easily see them telling me the $16.96 is "already 25% off".[/QUOTE]
Yeah that what they tell me when trying to do price adj. fuck CC, oh wait ^__^;

I went to the CC in Dublin, CA, and got my money back, no problem! The girl who helped me was very nice and knew about the clearance. She knew it wasn't ringing up, as well... As much as I dislike the CC here, she is the one bright spot at the place... and their clearance selection isn't bad either, really...

I got about $25 back, and then I went back to the clearance bins and spent it on Pikmin 2 and Mega Man Anniversary Collection on Xbox (for when I eventually get a 360) :)

I went today and bought a ton of stuff, with the idea of using a $40 off coupon. None of the 25% off prices were entering automatically, so a manager was brought out to manual edit the prices.

He wouldn't let me use the coupon because it states "cannot be combined with other offers." Guess 25% off is an offer.

Anyway he ended up forgetting to ring up Wade Hixon's Counter Punch and he put Pokemon Trozei in my bag after I asked for it to be removed from my purcahse....2 free cheapo games sorta makes for up not getting the $40 off.

Went to look for Condemned at my CC today. Got the last copy! The only other thing they had was 4 copies of Quake 4. It rang up $16.96 and I showed the girl the ad, and she bucked at first. Then she asked someone else, I had to explain that it was marked $16.96 since that's what was ringing up, and not $29.99 like the price tag said. Took about 5 minutes, but I got my game for $12.72!

PM problems in NJ too. Same story. I pointed out the ad where it says games 8.96, 12.96, and 16.96 are supposed to be an extar 25% off. I was told the ad doesn't apply because "titles vary by store."

I'll try somewhere else later in the week. Didn't feel like arguing

Man, this is bad news. If these prices aren't coming up auto then I am going to have some trouble. On top of that, I lost my receipt, but they should have that info in the computer.

I swear CC is one of the most unorganized stores ever. Glitches, Price mistakes, and now this....man they piss me off sometimes.

GET IT TOGETHER CC, MY GOODNESS!

Just got back picked up....

vp lenneth-psp 12.73
god hand-12.73
rocket slime-12.73
grandia 3-12.73
megaman x coll(GC)-12.73

no 360 games but oh well....

the discount wasn't automatic but the manager put it into the system.

Does the Bust a Move PSP for $9.99 count as clearance? I bought a ton of them last week (along with some other $16.96 games) and would love to get some more cash back.

I pickup Chocobo Tales, Quake 4, Avatar (wii) and Happy Feet (wii) for $12.70 Each. Honestly, clueless customer service employess gave me too much hassles. So, i get them both customer serive call they manager and 5 mins later they agrees to manual adjustment.

Price adjusted my oldest Avatar purchase... as has apparently already been figured out, they aren't ringing up properly, she just had to whip out a calculator to figure out how much to credit. I think I'll wait till it does it automatically to adust the other two receipts.

Bah, my CC didn't even have the ad in the Sunday paper or in store. I guess once I'm sure its active in the registers right, I'll try for a price adjustment if not an outright return/rebuy.

I found a copy of Meteos - the original one, not the Disney one. It rang up at $16.96 and they manually gave me the 25% off.

It must have been a return or something b/c I know I've look for this at this CC before.

Need to find some money somehow. Would love to get DDR,GUN, and Virtua Tennis 3 for $12.72.

But does anyone know how the playability of DDR is with just usinga controller. And is it even possible?

Like I said already, I was told this problem with the 25% off not being automatic should be fixed tomorrow.

When you go in for a price adjust, be sure to grab a copy of the ad on your way in. It makes things alot easier.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Need to find some money somehow. Would love to get DDR,GUN, and Virtua Tennis 3 for $12.72.

But does anyone know how the playability of DDR is with just usinga controller. And is it even possible?[/quote] If you're going to use a controller to play, then don't buy the game. You can't do anything above the most basic songs, as most songs at a minimum require you to hit the directional pad in opposite directions at the same time, which you can't do on a pad.

[quote name='Bezerker']Does the Bust a Move PSP for $9.99 count as clearance? I bought a ton of them last week (along with some other $16.96 games) and would love to get some more cash back.[/quote] No, if you read the ad, it specifically says what a clearance price is. It has to end in .96. If you're lucky you might be able to convince someone who doesn't care about their job to do it though.

[quote name='Bezerker']Does the Bust a Move PSP for $9.99 count as clearance? I bought a ton of them last week (along with some other $16.96 games) and would love to get some more cash back.[/quote] No, if you read the ad, it specifically says what a clearance price is. It has to end in .96. If you're lucky you might be able to convince someone who doesn't care about their job to do it though.

[quote name='deathscythehe']If you're going to use a controller to play, then don't buy the game. You can't do anything above the most basic songs, as most songs at a minimum require you to hit the directional pad in opposite directions at the same time, which you can't do on a pad.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt necessairly be buying it because I want to use the controller. i just havent been able to find a pad separate for the 360 version. I dont even know if they make a pad you can buy separate for the 360.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I wouldnt necessairly be buying it because I want to use the controller. i just havent been able to find a pad separate for the 360 version. I dont even know if they make a pad you can buy separate for the 360.[/quote]

I know atleast Target sells one specifically for the 360, but it's about $40. Don't ask me why it suddenly costs double what the PS2/XBX controllers cost.
I'm sure they'll eventually come up with a cheaper one or one will go on clearance, but in the meantime playing with a controller is just no fun. Trust me, I've tried. You really can't play anything above easy, and even then it's no fun.

i had to make the clerk do the extra 25% off he told me that it was already incorporated into the price and the register did it automatically. Then he asked a manager and was told to give me the 25% off manually. I picked up rocket slime and Mega man X collection ps2.

Same here at the one in Norwalk, CT (not one I usually go to). I argued and tried explaining for 20 minutes to 2 different managers, showing them the ad and how the discount should be on top of whatever price was ringing up in the system. I still took the games and told them I'd take it up with corporate and the BBB if necessary. Basically what I plan on telling corporate is that it's fraudulent and bad business practices to have games marked at a higher price than they actually are. Do they honestly think that the average consumer is aware of the price drops if they're not marked on the product? I only know about them thanks to this site.

And they wonder why they have 20 copies of Metroid Prime 2 not selling at this store when they're marked for 40 or 50 bucks.

I know I'm only talking about 17.50 here in my case but it's the principle involved. Here's what I bought, what each game was marked as, and ring up price:

PS2 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - 39.99, 16.96
PS2 - Dead to Rights 2 - 49.99, 8.96
PS2 - Getaway Black Monday - 29.99, 3.96
PS2 - Castlevania Curse of Darkness - 49.99, 8.96
PS2 - Prince of Persia, The Two Thrones - 49.99, 16.96
GC - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - 39.99, 8.96
GC- WWE Day of Reckoning 2 - 29.99, 8.96

My suggested way to rectify this is to give me a giftcard with the difference on it, make sure their employees know what the hell the sale is about and the problem that is going on, and, finally, to get a better pricing system in place. There's no excuse for a national retailer not to be able to keep accurate prices on the products they sell. Just because no one wants to do it at the store, including the manager, doesn't mean that it shouldn't be done. Every job has something that sucks about it but it still has to be done.

If anything comes out of this, I'll post it.

Wow... now I'm really wondering if I want to bother doing this. It seems like most people are having trouble getting the 25% off.

i said it earlier on the other thread. im like the first one who posted that there isnt any extra 25% on clearance. dont bother going today.

[quote name='mitch079']
GC - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - 39.99, 8.96
[/QUOTE]

Is this a store wide clearance price? or just your store?

Hello All , Got Meet the Robinsons Wii $16.96 then 25% off for 12.73 . The guy at customer service did not want to give the 25% off the $16.96 price! He threw a hissy fit big time but did it. Be prepared when purchasing these games. /Unjust

[quote name='deathscythehe']If you're going to use a controller to play, then don't buy the game. You can't do anything above the most basic songs, as most songs at a minimum require you to hit the directional pad in opposite directions at the same time, which you can't do on a pad.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, you can play DDR with just a controller on the PS2. I don't know about the other systems.

You can use either the d-pad or buttons to mimic a step. Triangle, circle, X, and square correspond to up, right, down, and left. So, you can press two directions simultaneously by using both the d-pad and a button.

It's not much fun to play that way, but it works. We sometimes play along on a controller for 2-player if we only want to take out 1 DDR mat.

[quote name='mitch079'] Basically what I plan on telling corporate is that it's fraudulent and bad business practices to have games marked at a higher price than they actually are. Do they honestly think that the average consumer is aware of the price drops if they're not marked on the product? I only know about them thanks to this site. [/quote]

ROFLMAO!!!!!! Thank you, you made my day!

Some states, such as MI, have the reverse as law. (eg, it's illegal to sell things at higher prices than marked)

No one is going to take such a complaint seriously - it happens all the time. What will happen is the stores will be forced to sell it to you at the stickered price... what, they're supposed to give you $17 off the stickerd price because the computer automatically marked it down, and another $17 gift card for your inconvenience at getting a discount?

[quote name='CombatCraig']Is this a store wide clearance price? or just your store?[/QUOTE]

Store wide - it was reported somewhere on here, probably in another thread.

I went in and shoveled through the sale bins, not expecting to find anything, and uncovered two copies of Shadow of the Colossus at the bottom of the PS2 bin. I took it to the front and, as I handed it to the guy said "that was in the sale bin so that's an extra %25 off, right?" to which he replied it should be. It rang up the regular/marked price (19.99) and he said maybe someone put it in there, and it wasn't supposed to be on sale. I told him I saw atleast two copies of it in the bin and he said "oh, ok" and entered the discount by hand.

no hassle for me, which suprised me a bit. still not sure if it was actually supposed to be in there or not...

bread's done
Back