Circuit City July clearance

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
Many of these games have been listed in the other thread that was started but I'll put up this thread with the entire list. Thanks to maccabee72 for starting that thread. Some are new additions, some are markdowns on previous games. These should qualify for the 25% off sale that starts 7/8 so buy now and keep those receipts for pricematching. Same as last month, if there are new additions throughout the month I'll be adding them.

Here are links to the June and April/May clearance threads as well.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139368
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

:360:
Bionicle Heroes $16.96
Condemned $16.96
Dance Dance Revolution Universe (game only) $16.96
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 $16.96
Eragon $16.96
Gun $16.96
The Outfit $16.96
Phantasy Star Universe $16.96
Quake 4 $16.96
Virtua Tennis 3 $16.96
X-Men: The Official Game $16.96

:wii:
Happy Feet $16.96
Ice Age 2 $16.96
Meet the Robinsons $16.96

:ps3:
College Hoops 2K7 $16.96

:ps2:
Airborne Troops $12.96
Alien Hominid $12.96
Big Mutha Truckers 2 $8.96
Bionicle Heroes $16.96
Crash Tag Team Racing $16.96
Eye Toy: Operation Spy $16.96
Ghost Recon $12.96
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $16.96
The Hobbit $8.96
NHL 2K7 $16.96
Pirates: Legend of the Black Buccaneer $12.96
Rayman: Raving Rabbids $16.96
Rebel Raiders $12.96
Sprint Cars $12.96
Spy Hunter $12.96
Taito Legends $12.96
Tokyo Extreme Racer DRIFT $12.96

:xbox:
Cold Fear $12.96
Conflict: Desert Storm $8.96
Counter Strike $8.96
Fuzion Frenzy $8.96
Mega Man Anniversary Collection $12.96
MLB 2K5 $12.96
Project Gotham Racing 2 $8.96
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow $8.96
SWAT: Global Strike Team $12.96
Unreal Championship $12.96

:gc:
Teen Titans $12.96
Top Gun: Combat Zone $12.96

:ds:
Charlotte's Web $16.96
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales $16.96
Magical Starsign $16.96
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $16.96
Whac-a-Mole $12.96

:gba:
Codename: Kids Next Door $12.96
Kerplunk/Toss Across/Tip It $12.96
Killswitch $12.96
Road Rash: Jailbreak $12.96
Road Trip $12.96
Shaman King: Master of Spirits $12.96
That's So Raven 2 $16.96
Uno/Skip-Bo $12.96

I just got shot down... and believe it not, I left the store laughing and shaking my head.

I go in, show them their own ad and ask for the PM. The girl was pretty nice and said "Sure, it'll take just a moment."

After a few tries, she tells me that I already got the clearance price. I ask her, "it's 25% off this week so how could I have gotten it for 25% off last week?" She gives me a blank stare and then gets her manager.

The manager tries and tells me that, "Yeah, looks like those games ring up as $16.96 after the 25% off so you already got the extra 25% discount." I then tell him, "Your clearance games start at $16.96. How can you say 'extra 25% on clearance games' and say these games already have the bonus discount when they're still $16.96?"

He then says,"Sir, I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. The discount is already in place because the game is $16.96 after the 25% off so it's now a clearance item."

:whistle2:?

This is when I started laughing and started walking out of the store. I bought 6 games at $16.96. This is $25 that they won't be able to screw me out of.

[quote name='Vinny']I just got shot down... and believe it not, I left the store laughing and shaking my head.

I go in, show them their own ad and ask for the PM. The girl was pretty nice and said "Sure, it'll take just a moment."

After a few tries, she tells me that I already got the clearance price. I ask her, "it's 25% off this week so how could I have gotten it for 25% off last week?" She gives me a blank stare and then gets her manager.

The manager tries and tells me that, "Yeah, looks like those games ring up as $16.96 after the 25% off so you already got the extra 25% discount." I then tell him, "Your clearance games start at $16.96. How can you say 'extra 25% on clearance games' and say these games already have the bonus discount when they're still $16.96?"

He then says,"Sir, I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. The discount is already in place because the game is $16.96 after the 25% off so it's now a clearance item."

:whistle2:?

This is when I started laughing and started walking out of the store. I bought 6 games at $16.96. This is $25 that they won't be able to screw me out of.[/quote]

I had a similar discussion and was incredibly annoyed. How could I have had the 25% off last week if it says it's an EXTRA 25% off marked prices? The guy said to me they get discounted at different times and the ones I bought were already marked for clearance. In his head, being clearace=extra 25% in the ad.

[quote name='Corvin']I was just there and they had to do it with a calculator. I also had zero problems getting my previous purchase difference refunded.[/quote]

I had to do one with an abacus. *rimshot*

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Remember, tip your waitresses.

[quote name='neocisco']Remember, tip your waitresses.[/quote]Not your cows.

[quote name='Vinny']The manager tries and tells me that, "Yeah, looks like those games ring up as $16.96 after the 25% off so you already got the extra 25% discount." I then tell him, "Your clearance games start at $16.96. How can you say 'extra 25% on clearance games' and say these games already have the bonus discount when they're still $16.96?"

He then says,"Sir, I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. The discount is already in place because the game is $16.96 after the 25% off so it's now a clearance item." [/quote]Gad, this is pitiful. Can there honestly be such morons employeed by this company? And I mean that in the truer sense, not the vernacular.

CC Customer Service Lines (hopefully that will be manned by people with a better understanding of basic retail practices)
[SIZE=-1]Phone: 800-843-2489
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]CustomerCare@cc.circuitcity.com [/SIZE]

[quote name='Vinny']The manager tries and tells me that, "Yeah, looks like those games ring up as $16.96 after the 25% off so you already got the extra 25% discount." I then tell him, "Your clearance games start at $16.96. How can you say 'extra 25% on clearance games' and say these games already have the bonus discount when they're still $16.96?"

He then says,"Sir, I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. The discount is already in place because the game is $16.96 after the 25% off so it's now a clearance item." [/QUOTE]

I understand his confusion b/c so many of their clearance games are normally priced $22.613333...

[quote name='guinaevere']

CC Customer Service Lines (hopefully that will be manned by people with a better understanding of basic retail practices)
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I've been trying to find an email address because their contact forms are mysteriously not working (you can fill it out but when you hit send it doesn't confirm your message) and I'm too peeved off to be on hold.

My experience today:

I had zero problems getting my previous purchase adjusted (kid did the calculations on his cell phone). I go to check out with MtR and Avatar (two copies of each, perhaps that was the problem, but there were loads of each title at my CC), and the same guy comes along and explains that his manager said the "titles may vary by store" language means these particular clearanced games do not get the discount at his store. Obviously that is a crock of s***, but I didn't have the patience to argue, nor any magazine stands or glitter available to me...so I just walked out. :roll:

i guess i got lucky b/c i got the exact excuse thats been popular but the mama doin my checkout was like, ok we must really want to sell this crap and sold it to me for 14something after taxes

I just got my purchase earlier adjusted today no problem. But they only gave me the 25% back and not the 110% difference... Oh well...

Did see some interesting stuff in store with a hand written label, but didn't buy:

iconps2_r2.gif
God Hand $16.96
iconps2_r2.gif
Hot Shots Golf: Fore $8.96

Will wait for God Hand and Hot Shots to drop a bit more...

[quote name='SleepyBum']I just got my purchase earlier adjusted today no problem. But they only gave me the 25% back and not the 110% difference... Oh well...[/quote] From my understanding, you get the 110% of the difference only between CC's price and a competitor's, which is a pricematch. You don't get a 110% with a CC price and a reduced CC price, which is a price adjustment.

[quote name='CC.com']If within 30 days from the date of our offer, you show us a lower, currently advertised price from another local store with the same item in stock, we will gladly refund 110% of the difference between our price and theirs.[/quote]

[quote name='guinaevere']Not your cows.

Gad, this is pitiful. Can there honestly be such morons employeed by this company? And I mean that in the truer sense, not the vernacular.

[/QUOTE]

I had the exact same experience and conversation as Vinny did with the manager at my CC.

And I proceeded to call that number when I got home.

The CC Rep said he'd put me on hold to find out what's up with this sale.

I'm on hold for like 15mins and the guy gets back to me and says that the 25% is already off.

I asked "who told you this?"

The freakin CC Rep tells me he called the same store and spoke to the same math illiterate manager that lied to my face the first time!

I asked him why would he call the person who I believed lied to me, and the CC Rep said "that's what we usually do"

I hung up..this is all pretty dumb.

Seems like a bait 'n switch to me. Or false advertising? Or fraud? One of them has to apply. Any lawyers in the house?

I'm waiting until the end of the week, then the games just go back if they don't adjust the price. What a joke. I haven't pushed the issue because I really don't feel like arguing with CC employees, but this has to be one of the worst customer service experiences I've seen lately. They're out of their minds if they think they're going to move old inventory at these "clearance" prices. It'll take them months to clear the bins and shelves.

When the new titles start coming out in the fall, these will just be a liability. Good job CC!

So what's up? I pick up some extra games for CAGs complaining they can't find them. Post a trade thread and get no responses. Nice. lol

[quote name='evophile']The freakin CC Rep tells me he called the same store and spoke to the same math illiterate manager that lied to my face the first time!

I asked him why would he call the person who I believed lied to me, and the CC Rep said "that's what we usually do"

I hung up..this is all pretty dumb.[/quote]Sounds like their first level CS support is pathetic. Gotta tell you, that's when you tell them that you need to speak with her supervisor, and that you're also requesting the contact number of the District Manager for that store.

The ad clearly states
:
all clearance video games
take an extra 25% off
thru Jul 14 video game blowout
hundreds of titles to choose from
Clearance games marked 4.96, 8.96, 12.96 and 16.96. Titles may vary by store.
Circuit City management knows that clearance games end in .96 price point. That IS the clearance price. "Take an extra 25% off" is self-explanitory. Why they are refusing to honor their printed advertisement is something that perhaps the Better Business Bureau would be interested in researching.

That's the sort of route I would take when speaking with upper management and/or CS.

A reminder of this sale was also posted on the internal site. It should be very clear at this point that CC doesn't have the slightest clue how to deal with videogames. If this isn't fixed by tomorrow I'll be surprised if it's fixed at all.

Could it have been intentional? It seems most CC's don't have the correct prices on the stickers so maybe people are picking up these games tagged at full price and then having them ring up for $16.96 and think that is the discount just like the employees and are thrilled to get the game at such a huge discount.

What really would be difficult is the stores that have the games with a xx.96 sticker yet it is out of date such as a $4.96 game with a $16.96 sticker. That would be very difficult to convice to a employee that the $4.96 is not the discounted price since it would appear to be correct to most people (even though it's obvious 25% off $16.96 is a lot more than $4.96)

You're gonna be applying for that Head of Everything position, right? We needs you.

And not to be so negative or down on CC, but this is very telling. To be so completely disorganized and uninformed is unacceptable for a company their size.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Could it have been intentional? It seems most CC's don't have the correct prices on the stickers so maybe people are picking up these games tagged at full price and then having them ring up for $16.96 and think that is the discount just like the employees and are thrilled to get the game at such a huge discount. [/quote]This is one reason why someone who is meeting the problems noted throughout the past couple pages of this thread ought to open a complaint with the BBB.

run-on-and-on-sentence

[quote name='neocisco']A reminder of this sale was also posted on the internal site. It should be very clear at this point that CC doesn't have the slightest clue how to deal with videogames. If this isn't fixed by tomorrow I'll be surprised if it's fixed at all.[/quote]Thankfully, I've either had intelligent employees that understand the issue that needs to be fixed, or they already have dealt with it before.

I still can't see why a sale like this is such a chore, when they've dealt with it previously with the Cool Deals sales they've done in the last few months.

Someone at CC corp needs a swift kick to the head to remind them of what the deal is with loading sales pricing in the computer.

[quote name='shrike4242']Someone at CC corp needs a swift kick to the head to remind them of what the deal is with loading sales pricing in the computer.[/quote]

Road trip!!!

[quote name='guinaevere']You're gonna be applying for that Head of Everything position, right? We needs you.

And not to be so negative or down on CC, but this is very telling. To be so completely disorganized and uninformed is unacceptable for a company their size.

This is one reason why someone who is meeting the problems noted throughout the past couple pages of this thread ought to open a complaint with the BBB.

run-on-and-on-sentence[/QUOTE]

I said this all on Sunday in this thread and a few people basically emo'd cuz they thought I was gonna ruin the hidden clearance prices for them since they depend on them being mis-marked so they can score a game.

I just sent CC's customer service an e-mail since I did not get a response yet stating that I would go to the BBB if they fail to refund the difference (attached a copy of my receipt) and inform their employees of what the sale is actually about. If i don't get a response in 48 hours, then the BBB will be informed.

I recommend that people start filing complaints with their states' Attorney General Office. I work for Home Depot as a department head and when one of those complaints hits the floor we have 48 hours to research and give a response back to corporate who will then report back to the AGO with a resolution. The cool thing is that you get to read the customer's statement word for word as it was dictated to the office. If CC corporate gets blasted with complaints from AGOs they will A) tell their management staff to pull their heads out of their collective asses and take the mark downs at the store level or B) fix it in the system. I vote for A.
Good luck all.

I was able to get Wario Ware Mega Party Games, Bomberman Jetters, and Magical Starsign at their 25% off prices, but the clerks had to enter it in the register manually. I also got Chocobo Tales price matched.

[quote name='Akuma']I recommend that people start filing complaints with their states' Attorney General Office. I work for Home Depot as a department head and when one of those complaints hits the floor we have 48 hours to research and give a response back to corporate who will then report back to the AGO with a resolution. The cool thing is that you get to read the customer's statement word for word as it was dictated to the office. If CC corporate gets blasted with complaints from AGOs they will A) tell their management staff to pull their heads out of their collective asses and take the mark downs at the store level or B) fix it in the system. I vote for A.
Good luck all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I might do that too along with the BBB if I don't hear a reasonable response form them tomorrow.

This is the first time I've ever had any trouble with CC... I really don't want to have to go back BB because I've gotten enough shit from them.

I mean, come on, I'd expect this level of ineptitude from TRU, but not CC. Usually CC employees are pushy with big ticket items and addons, but by no means clueless.

[quote name='neocisco']Road trip!!![/quote]I'm in. I could stand for a decent battle.

I'm not into confrontations with real people. But once you represent a corporation, you're fair game.

I went to CC earlier today, and I was lucky enough to have a clerk who knew what he was doing. Right away he went and got a calculator and started manually adjusting the price. Unfortunately, his math wasn't that great, as I somehow got charged $2 more than I should have, but I didn't notice it until I got home, and I wasn't gonna drive all the way back there just to get $2 (I'd probably be wasting that much in gas).

Hallelujah!!!

CC has finally fixed the problem! It should now be much easier for everyone to get their price adjustments now.

Awesome news! I've been waiting for the adjustment to be automatic after the bad experience I had. Thanks!

[quote name='neocisco']Hallelujah!!!

CC has finally fixed the problem! It should now be much easier for everyone to get their price adjustments now.[/QUOTE]

CC has finally fixed the problem! It should now be much easier for everyone to get their price adjustments now.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I'll wait a few more days before I try it.

Sidebar: Does everyone else's Circuit City look like they stock the shelves with snow shovels? You cannot find games, movies, or CD's at my store. Everything is a clusterfuck.

I went to CC on Sunday and had no issues with the pricing. Actually they had a chart at the cashiers showing how to adjust the price and what the price should be with the 25% off on the video games. Funny how stores differ from one to another.

Wow, I thought I had problems yesterday. Here's my war story:

I walked in to get Chocobo Tales and Magical Starship price adjusted. The lady looks at the ad and states that since my games were marked 29.99, the 25% doesn't apply. I told her to check it in the system. They came up 16.96. She spouted some BS of how my games were marked 29.99 that the 16.96 was more than 25% off. I told her it rang up as 16.96 last week and I found it in the clearance bin (which I made up). Then, she said if I can find another copy of the games with the stickers then I could get the discount. As I was walking to the games section, I asked another employee for a second opinion. The teen seemed nice since he said I could just return them and buy it again at the register. Well, I found the games in the clearance bin and then brought it back to her. She adjusted the price and then she said it wouldn't let her give me my money because it was less than $5. Eventually, it went throught so I was thinking that she was just pissed at that point. At the end of the day, I lost almost an hour doing all of this but at least I received my discount.

Hopefully, something is done in CC to better prepare the Cust Service dept before it happens again.

CC has finally fixed the problem! It should now be much easier for everyone to get their price adjustments now.[/quote]I can confirm that, as someone was checking for a game for me at a CC store said they were $12.72 ($16.96-priced game) when they checked to see if it was in-stock.

I can confirm this at the Circuit City in Union Square NYC. I took my receipt for DDR Universe in and the lady scanned it and gave me $4.60 refund on my initial $16.96 (+ tax) purchase. No hassle at all!

I think on one of my returns, the support rep didn't refund the sales tax since I received only 4.24 on one return while another item at a different CC had a refund of 4.60.

Darn, I guess this means no 25% off my non-clearance game items too (like I got the other day ;)). However, is the discount now glitched like last time where it applies to MORE than it should (last time it was supposed to be Cool Deals games only yet applied to all clearance stuff too)? I'm hoping it works with Cool Deals this time too... Anyone try that?

[quote name='io']Darn, I guess this means no 25% off my non-clearance game items too (like I got the other day ;)). However, is the discount now glitched like last time where it applies to MORE than it should (last time it was supposed to be Cool Deals games only yet applied to all clearance stuff too)? I'm hoping it works with Cool Deals this time too... Anyone try that?[/quote]

Actually, I just picked up Mr Driller: Drill Spirits (DS) and Wade Hixton's Counter Punch (GBA) and both were Cool Deals games there before the start of this 25% off deal. In fact, all of the Cool Deals games I saw were repriced and in the clearance bins. I know that's not precisely the same as the deal directly working on Cool Deals games, but it'll effectively be the same if your store is trying to clear them out.

[quote name='atatpilot3']Actually, I just picked up Mr Driller: Drill Spirits (DS) and Wade Hixton's Counter Punch (GBA) and both were Cool Deals games there before the start of this 25% off deal. In fact, all of the Cool Deals games I saw were repriced and in the clearance bins. I know that's not precisely the same as the deal directly working on Cool Deals games, but it'll effectively be the same if your store is trying to clear them out.[/quote]Wade Hixton's Counter Punch has always been a clearance game. I got it months ago for $6.72 (clearance of $8.96 + 25%-off glitch) and now the game's clearance price is $4.96. It's even on CC.com. Great game for anyone who liked PunchOut.

Yay for fixing problems.

[quote name='strider2k']I think on one of my returns, the support rep didn't refund the sales tax since I received only 4.24 on one return while another item at a different CC had a refund of 4.60.[/quote]It's likely that the tax is different in the different counties, which is why you got different refunds. I have that a lot.

I have about 10 games that I will price adj today. Some of the clerance games I bought a week ago, and some this week. When you get the price adj are you asking for 110% Circut city guarantee or just asking for the 25% off of the game?

[quote name='IbiteHRD']I have about 10 games that I will price adj today. Some of the clerance games I bought a week ago, and some this week. When you get the price adj are you asking for 110% Circut city guarantee or just asking for the 25% off of the game?[/quote].

The 110% only applies to competitors prices. Circuit City matches their own prices to 100%.

[quote name='alison'].
The 110% only applies to competitors prices. Circuit City matches their own prices to 100%.[/quote]

The cashier I got matched them 110%, I didn't ask for it, she just did it, told me she did it, then winked.

dammit, she was cute too.

bread's done
Back