Circuit City September clearance

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
Don't get too excited, the list looks pretty blah, a lot of drops on previously listed titles. I'll be posting new additions as they're released. I'm also adding the games from August at the bottom.

9/21

:ps2:
Ghost Recon 2 $9.99

:xbox:
MLB 2K5 $4.96
NFL Head Coach $4.96
The Simpsons: Hit & Run $9.99

:psp:
World Championship Poker 2 $8.96

:gba:
Road Rash: Jailbeak $4.96

8/31

Avatar: The Last Airbender $12.96
Backyard Baseball 2007 $12.96
College Hoops 2K7 $12.96
Flushed Away $12.96
NBA Ballers: Phenom $12.96
Valkyrie Profile 2 $16.96

FIFA World Cup 2006 $12.96
Flatout 2 $12.96
Forza Motorsport $12.96
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers $12.96
The Godfather $12.96
Grand Theft Auto double pack $12.96
Hitman: Blood Money $12.96
MLB 2K6 $12.96
MLB Slugfest 2006 $12.96
NASCAR 2007 $12.96
NBA Live 2007 $12.96
NFL Head Coach $12.96
NHL 2007 $12.96
Spartan: Total Warrior $12.96
Superman Returns $12.96
Ultimate Spider-Man $12.96
X-Men: The Official Game $12.96

:gc:
Avatar: The Last Airbender $12.96
Donkey Konga 2 $12.96
Flushed Away $12.96
Happy Feet $12.96
MLB 2K6 12.96
Namco Museum 50th Anniversary $12.96
Open Season $12.96
Sonic Gems Collection $12.96
Super Monkey Ball $12.96
Super Monkey Ball Adventure $12.96
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland $12.96

Activision Hits Remixed $16.96
Avatar: The Last Airbender $16.96
Sid Meier's Pirates $16.96

Little Mermaid $16.96
SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, Pants $16.96
Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge of the Sith $16.96
Strawberry Shortcake: Sweet Dreams $16.96

August list

:360:
Bomberman: Act Zero $12.96
Chromehounds $16.96
Far Cry:Instincts-Predator $16.96
Madden NFL 06 $8.96
Meet the Robinsons $16.96
MLB 2K6 $16.96
Superman Returns $16.96
UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 $29.96

Bionicle Heroes $12.96
The DaVinci Code $4.96
Devil May Cry trilogy $16.96
Eyetoy Operation: Spy $4.96
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $12.96
Gretzky NHL 2006 $4.96
Jampack summer 2006 $1.96
Jampack winter 2005 $1.96
MLB 06: The Show $16.96
NBA 06 $4.96
NFL Head Coach $4.96
NHL 06 $4.96
NHL 2K7 $12.96
Rampage: Total Destruction $16.96
Sprint Cars: Road to Knoxville $8.96
Spy Hunter $8.96
Spy Hunter 3: Nowhere to Run $12.96
Tokyo Extreme Racing Drift $8.96
UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 $19.96
value deals $9.99 (UPC 658517597539) $4.96
value deals $14.99 (UPC 696055113385) $4.96
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2005 $16.96

Advent Rising $4.96
Arena Football $4.96
Cold Fear $8.96
NBA Live 06 $4.96
NCAA Football 2005 $1.96
Spider-Man 2 $12.96
Unreal Championship $4.96

:gc:
Teen Titans $8.96
value deals $14.99 (UPC 696055113415) $4.96

:ds:
Charlotte's Web $12.96
Little Mermaid $16.96
Magical Starsign $12.96
Monster Bomber $4.96
Scurge: Hive $8.96
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $12.96
True Swing Golf $8.96
Whac-a-Mole $8.96

Kingdom of Paradise $16.96
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops $16.96
NBA 06 $8.96
World Championship Poker 2 $16.96

Kerplunk/Toss Across/Tip It $4.96
Killswitch $8.96
Shaman King: Master of Spirits $8.96
Uno/Skip-Bo $8.96
value deals $14.99 (UPC 696055113422) $4.96

[quote name='sp00ge']After wasting 15 minutes in CC today, I got the same result. They had no signs posted either at the entrance or the VG section, although they had one for Two Worlds from a few weeks ago. I asked one guy who worked there if they had it, he took the ad and went in back to check. 6 minutes or so later he comes back out and says they don't have it and I'll be able to get the $20 GC from customer service.

I go up there, with another game in hand I was planning on purchasing regardless, and am immediately shot down, saying too many GC's were given out today because of it, therefore I cannot be given one. [/quote]That sounds like the sort of policies the Better Business Bureau would be interested in.

Just picked up a couple of VP 2, Need for Speed Most Wanted Black Edition, Wild Arms 3, Full Auto and Condemned. All are up for trade.

Does anyone want Tales of Legendia, I just got back from a CC that had a bunch of them. If someone wants to trade for one, I could go back and get a few.

[quote name='CaoPi']I have yet to see Tales of Abyss at the local CC still see plenty at the walmarts around here[/quote]

TotA seems to have disappeared online (going for about $40 on Ebay). I actually bought one at Walmart yesterday in case I can't find a deal on one (90 day return). No CCs or BBs around me have them. Unless a reprint comes it may be difficult to find one for cheap.

[quote name='TheBryanTarlowski']So is the skate thing a wednesday thing only? Like if I go today (thursday) will they tell me to screw off?[/QUOTE]

They'll probably go tell you to fuck yourself

JK :) I would assume it would be a one day only thing

[quote name='TheBryanTarlowski']So is the skate thing a wednesday thing only? Like if I go today (thursday) will they tell me to screw off?[/quote]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure since they were telling people to screw off yesterday as well.

[quote name='thebob101']Just picked up a couple of VP 2, Need for Speed Most Wanted Black Edition, Wild Arms 3, Full Auto and Condemned. All are up for trade.[/QUOTE]

how much is wild arms 3 now

[quote name='thebob101']Beltsville, MD[/quote]

Rockville and Gaithersburg, MD had pretty much nothing. They do have a lot of clueless employees though.

[quote name='slidecage']how much is wild arms 3 now[/quote]
I saw one marked 12.96 recently. Could be less since they don't mark changes at that store very often.

EDIT: Someone posted a few pages back that they got it pre-discount at 12.96, too.

Speaking of which, I've added new games mentioned recently to the total list on page 9.

Here's hoping a few more games go on clearance tomorrow before the 33% ends. I can dream.

[quote name='phear3d']going all out tomorrow and visiting a few CC.. heres to hoping a big haul.[/quote]

Which CC you heading to and wutcha looking for? [fellow NYCer]

[quote name='phear3d']going all out tomorrow and visiting a few CC.. heres to hoping a big haul.[/quote]

when do you think they put more stuff out? before i used to go sundays b/c of the new weekly ad but lately ive had a LOT of luck on saturday mornings. a little bird once told me to always check thursdays but i dont know about that.

For CC, Video Game markdowns are supposed to happen on friday, but depending on management and the people in that store doing the markdowns it might not even happen. But If anything goes down tomorrow I'll post it all here, last week didnt have anything AFAIK.

I went to the 2 stores in Queens and 3 in Brooklyn a few days ago and they were wiped clean. You guys might want to try the one in White Plains if you're specifically looking for 360 games. They still had a decent selection there. I also have 3 $15 off $100 coupon codes that expire on 9/17. First 3 PMs get them.

[quote name='sarma81']I went to the 2 stores in Queens and 3 in Brooklyn a few days ago and they were wiped clean. You guys might want to try the one in White Plains if you're specifically looking for 360 games. They still had a decent selection there. I also have 3 $15 off $100 coupon codes that expire on 9/17. First 3 PMs get them.[/quote]

What 360 games did they have in White Plains?

They had everything from the August clearance list. They had pretty much everything from the older lists as well except for a few like Condemned & Virtua Tennis 3. They also had a decent selection of clearanced DS games like Contact, FF Chocobo Tales, and Dragon Quest Rocket Slime.

I'm not really interested in trades. I've been getting rid of my collection and am only hanging on to games that I intend to play in the future (and then promptly get rid of). I have a pretty big backlog as it is, so I'd prefer to to just sell.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I saw one marked 12.96 recently. Could be less since they don't mark changes at that store very often.

EDIT: Someone posted a few pages back that they got it pre-discount at 12.96, too.

Speaking of which, I've added new games mentioned recently to the total list on page 9.

Here's hoping a few more games go on clearance tomorrow before the 33% ends. I can dream.[/quote]

is there 33% off of clearence games this week at CC? 9/9 - 9/15??

[quote name='TomoyoN']Which CC you heading to and wutcha looking for? [fellow NYCer][/quote]

i go outside of nyc for CC deals. Usually my drives go from 40 to 60 miles total out the way when i feel like it. its not easy, but you also find a few game stores from town to town. Yonkers has been good for me, but not recently.

[quote name='monkeydeew']when do you think they put more stuff out? before i used to go sundays b/c of the new weekly ad but lately ive had a LOT of luck on saturday mornings. a little bird once told me to always check thursdays but i dont know about that.[/quote]

you never really know unless youre looking for newer games. they basically put as much of the games out as much as they can. they are so bad at games they try to fit them in every possible section they can (last time i was there the psp games were infront of the phones and next to the board games. i almost missed it).

you can ask them if they have X in the back specially if its an older game and also try to have them check their inventory (if they're nice enough). i was able to find a GTA boxset once by just asking if they have em in the back, sure enough they had not just 1 but 2 (i passed cause it was $16.96 a few weeks back).

[quote name='phear3d']i go outside of nyc for CC deals. Usually my drives go from 40 to 60 miles total out the way when i feel like it. its not easy, but you also find a few game stores from town to town. Yonkers has been good for me, but not recently.

you never really know unless youre looking for newer games. they basically put as much of the games out as much as they can. they are so bad at games they try to fit them in every possible section they can (last time i was there the psp games were infront of the phones and next to the board games. i almost missed it).

you can ask them if they have X in the back specially if its an older game and also try to have them check their inventory (if they're nice enough). i was able to find a GTA boxset once by just asking if they have em in the back, sure enough they had not just 1 but 2 (i passed cause it was $16.96 a few weeks back).[/quote]

thanks bro, i realllly want some bikini's on my new 360, but ive only been able to find mgs po!!!! lame!

[quote name='ludoalerz']wonder when bullet witch will be clearanced?[/QUOTE]

Could have picked it up used a couple weeeks ago with the 10 off 25 coupon at GS for used 360 games... only ran me around 15 bucks

[quote name='zman73']Could have picked it up used a couple weeeks ago with the 10 off 25 coupon at GS for used 360 games... only ran me around 15 bucks[/QUOTE]

I did that, and finished it too (all 5 times for all the achievements). Fun little game, now I am selling it hehe.

boo! just got back.. what a long day, was stuck in traffic! well i didnt get what i wanted from cc. but heres my haul otherwise:

mg ac!d 1 - $8.96
castlevania curse of darkness xbx - $6.00
final fantasy crystal chronicles - $6.00

i couldnt find any game i'd like to have for any portable platforms! all i could find was magical starsign, i passed. too bad i couldnt get MGAC!D for $4.. im going to another one tomorrow.. heres to hoping once more..

[quote name='phear3d']
i couldnt find any game i'd like to have for any portable platforms! all i could find was magical starsign, i passed. too bad i couldnt get MGAC!D for $4.. im going to another one tomorrow.. heres to hoping once more..[/quote]

One CC had multiples of Resident Evil DS and Meteos DS a day before the B1G1 half off sale started. First day of the sale, just Meteos. Every CC in my area has only 1 handheld game I'd like to get , but don't want to spend 12 on. I guess I've spent enough recently anyway.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I guess I've spent enough recently anyway.[/quote]

thats what i felt like too.. i had to pass for nearly 2 weeks until i got paid today to go back to CC and pick up what i had left off only to find that someone else did. i wasnt at all surprise but it was still disappointing.

Wow I'm behind on this, every clearance game is 33%off until they close tonight?
I think I might be biking downtown in a few hours. ^__^

Good hunting, TFN.

Last night I tried to find a few CCs around where I'm staying, and they were stripped clean of all good clearance deals. shucks.

So I went to CC today and got Ghost N Goblins and Metal Gear Acid.
I notice that the clerk rang up Metal Gear Acid first
$8.96

and then Ghost N Goblins

$11.96

and when the system did the %50 it took it off the second game which was more expensive.

So Ghost N Goblins was $5.43!

I'm wondering if you where to always make sure the first game was the cheapest that the second one will ring up at %50 off no matter how expensive it is.

[quote name='MadFlava']So I went to CC today and got Ghost N Goblins and Metal Gear Acid.
$8.96

and then Ghost N Goblins

$11.96

and when the system did the %50 it took it off the second game which was more expensive.

I'm wondering if you where to always make sure the first game was the cheapest that the second one will ring up at %50 off no matter how expensive it is.[/quote]I had the same thing happen to me. I bought Puzzle Quest ($30) and Phoenix Wright 2 ($20) and they gave me half off on Puzzle Quest. Not sure if it's just the order they're scanned in, but I got both games for $37.xx so I'm happy. :bouncy:

[quote name='phear3d']boo! just got back.. what a long day, was stuck in traffic! well i didnt get what i wanted from cc. but heres my haul otherwise:

mg ac!d 1 - $8.96
castlevania curse of darkness xbx - $6.00
final fantasy crystal chronicles - $6.00

i couldnt find any game i'd like to have for any portable platforms! all i could find was magical starsign, i passed. too bad i couldnt get MGAC!D for $4.. im going to another one tomorrow.. heres to hoping once more..[/quote]

This game is only $8.96 at CC?!

metalgearacidtp7.jpg

[quote name='MadFlava']So I went to CC today and got Ghost N Goblins and Metal Gear Acid.
$8.96

and then Ghost N Goblins

$11.96

I'm wondering if you where to always make sure the first game was the cheapest that the second one will ring up at %50 off no matter how expensive it is.[/QUOTE]

I was just going to post this. I got Puzzle Quest for only $15 with this :) .

[quote name='dopa345']I was just going to post this. I got Puzzle Quest for only $15 with this :) .[/QUOTE]

ANOTHER CC glitch? If I had known about this, I would've picked up Metal Gear Acid and Puzzle Quest on the cheap!

[quote name='dopa345']I was just going to post this. I got Puzzle Quest for only $15 with this :) .[/quote]

Nice...I might have to try this!

bread's done
Back