Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just redeemed for the Mario & Friends Pin Badge Collection. Looks pretty sweet, but, if anyone out there wants to trade my Pins for last years statue, that's more my speed. If interested, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit disappointed in the platinum gift but meh I didn't buy a single one of the games anyways. I just asked the manager at a local video store if I could have them.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']A bit disappointed in the platinum gift but meh I didn't buy a single one of the games anyways. I just asked the manager at a local video store if I could have them.[/QUOTE]

Translation: I didnt buy anythangz but i tookem codes outa the boxes at gamestops, but EYE WANTZ TEH BETOR REWARDZ. the nintendo fan and pin collector who paid money for thur gamez didnt get the codes because of meh...LULZ AND IRONYZ!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

EDIT - Gone.

Ok guys- i'm cleaning out my office and I found this giant Mario promo. Free to a good home to whoever PMs me first.

(I know there is a giveaways forum, but I'd rather give it to someone that actually buys/plays nintendo games, so i figured I'd do it here.)

It comes from Gamestop. It's 2 sided and giant with islets for hanging. There is some damage to the color where it's been folded for a long time.

Front:
5899519448_3707f43be8.jpg
Back:
5899519624_5c94d98697.jpg

[quote name='nbballard']Ok guys- i'm cleaning out my office and I found this giant Mario promo. Free to a good home to whoever PMs me first.

(I know there is a giveaways forum, but I'd rather give it to someone that actually buys/plays nintendo games, so i figured I'd do it here.)

It comes from Gamestop. It's 2 sided and giant with islets for hanging. There is some damage to the color where it's been folded for a long time.

Front:
Back:
[/QUOTE]

Thats really a neat item. I hope a true fan gets it :3

[quote name='nbballard']Ok guys- i'm cleaning out my office and I found this giant Mario promo. Free to a good home to whoever PMs me first.

Front:
Back:
[/QUOTE]

Pretty cool promo item, wish I had the wall space to show something like that off any more, but it's ginormous. I used to love the giant movie theater banners and dioramas, too.

Man, I wish I'd seen that in time. I have too damn much wall space so everything looks empty, and that would have gone great with my Club Nintendo Mario poster series. Thanks for offering that up to your fellow CAGs nonetheless.

There's a rule for the Club Nintendo Thread: If there's a Metroid promo that you don't have, it automatically defaults to me unless I don't want it.

[quote name='KingBroly']There's a rule for the Club Nintendo Thread: If there's a Metroid promo that you don't have, it automatically defaults to me unless I don't want it.[/QUOTE]

Zelda for me!! :applause:

OK, so the site is being flaky now. First off, I registered the new Mystery Case Files Game and did not get the 10 coin early registration bonus (though I did get the 10 for the intend to buy).

And then I cannot redeem my elite reward. The link to it just goes to a "page not found" error. And then the button on the "To Do" list does nothing also... Hopefully this clears up tomorrow.

pokemon to me

anyone get there thing shipped yet
i still have my calender from last year as i didnt make it platinum
sits on May cause its by far the coolest one, golden sun.
may turn into some art

Anybody get a bonus survey in the mail for when you called the customer srvice on the Zelda cd issue?? Thanks Nintendo. I get this crap but not the Wii Play bonus thingamajig, which Im still not sure what it was. LOL

[quote name='cheapbastard']Anybody get a bonus survey in the mail for when you called the customer srvice on the Zelda cd issue?? Thanks Nintendo. I get this crap but not the Wii Play bonus thingamajig, which Im still not sure what it was. LOL[/QUOTE]
Yeah I got it in the mail. Kinda weird. An email would have been easier.

[quote name='io']OK, so the site is being flaky now. First off, I registered the new Mystery Case Files Game and did not get the 10 coin early registration bonus (though I did get the 10 for the intend to buy).

And then I cannot redeem my elite reward. The link to it just goes to a "page not found" error. And then the button on the "To Do" list does nothing also... Hopefully this clears up tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I bought DK on the VC and haven't gotten anything yet. Same with Excitebike, Link's Awakening and Pokedex (although those 3 I bought before I registered it). I'm guessing some maintenance work is going on behind the scenes.

[quote name='cheapbastard']Anybody get a bonus survey in the mail for when you called the customer srvice on the Zelda cd issue?? Thanks Nintendo. I get this crap but not the Wii Play bonus thingamajig, which Im still not sure what it was. LOL[/QUOTE]

Just to note - NoA sends out these surveys in the mail quite often for contacting them via phone (something I seem to do often). It's unrelated to Club Nintendo or the Zelda CD issue - it's just something they've always done...

Here's my second response from Nintendo about not getting my early registration bonus for Mystery Case Files Malgrave Incident:

The early registration bonus that you are asking about is actually the Intend-To-Buy Survey where you receive 10 bonus coins after registering Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident. To receive the other 10 coins, you will need to complete the Post-Play survey, which does not appear until seven days after you registered your game. So if you add everything up, you get 10 coins for the Intend-To-Buy Survey, 50 coins for registering Mystery Case Files, and 10 coins for completing the Post-Play survey, for a total of 70 coins.

This is not correct, right? You get 10 for intend-to-buy once you register - no matter how long after the game comes out. Plus you can also get 10 for early registration within 30 days of release. And of course 50 for the game and then 10 for the post-play. So that makes 80, right? I have 70 from a few other games and have yet to do the post-play on them, so unless things changed in the last week or two then I still didn't get my 10 early coins. You'd think they would know about this. The first response (from a different rep) said this:

Thanks for writing! It sounds like you're referring to the Post Play Survey for your Club Nintendo account. Keep in mind, these don't normally show up on your account until 7 days after you register the game. This way, you'll have a chance to play it and provide us feedback on it.

And, no, I mentioned not getting the early registration bonus which is clearly not the post pay survey :roll:.

[quote name='io']Here's my second response from Nintendo about not getting my early registration bonus for Mystery Case Files Malgrave Incident:

This is not correct, right? You get 10 for intend-to-buy once you register - no matter how long after the game comes out. Plus you can also get 10 for early registration within 30 days of release. And of course 50 for the game and then 10 for the post-play. So that makes 80, right? I have 70 from a few other games and have yet to do the post-play on them, so unless things changed in the last week or two then I still didn't get my 10 early coins. You'd think they would know about this. The first response (from a different rep) said this:

And, no, I mentioned not getting the early registration bonus which is clearly not the post pay survey :roll:.[/QUOTE]

huh? How do you figure 80? Most games are 50+10.

The Intend to Buy survey puts you at 70. What is early registration?

You are right, you should get 50 for registration, 10 for intend to buy, and 10 for early registration plus 10 more for post play. I just registered my copy and it gave me 70.

I was thinking it might be like the Selects and not have an early registration bonus, but it does. The message says early registration expires on July 27.

So nothing's changed, you should have gotten 70 if you registered for intend to buy.

Yeah, no response from the Nintendo reps today (after they responded pretty quickly on Sunday - odd).

Confoosius - wow, where do I go with that one, eh? You usually harp on people for not reading posts and now that gets turned back on you ;). I pretty much covered it in the post you quote there - not sure what there is to be confused about. There is a 10 coin early registration bonus in place for quote a while (not since the beginning but for at least the last year). I went back and looked through my history and I got several 70 point Wii and 50 point DS games totals before even doing the post-play surveys. That is the base (50 or 30) + 10 for Intend to Buy + 10 for early registration. My most recent one was Ocarina of Time where I got 50 (30 + 10 + 10) right away for registering and have yet to do the post-play.

The only slight possibility in my case is that maybe I didn't actually do the Intend to Buy on Mystery Case Files (though I thought I did). But I thought if I didn't do that I wouldn't get the early registration bonus. But it could be I did get the early reg bonus but not the intend to buy one. I wish it said what each credit was actually for as that would clear it up instantly.

[quote name='confoosious']huh? How do you figure 80? Most games are 50+10.

The Intend to Buy survey puts you at 70. What is early registration?[/QUOTE]

On a lot of their games they give you an extra 10 coins as long as you register within the first 30 days. So, Intend to buy(10) + Early registration(10) + Registration(50) + Post play(10) = 80 coins.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']pics please![/QUOTE]

Haha ok. Heres some quick phone pictures with nothing fancy.

top:
side:
bottom:

sadly nothing inside since i don't intend on using it (I wont ebay either though :3), but I can tell you the front cover has had additional pages. Also if someone is wondering whats in the background its just my inFAMOUS 2 bag.

[quote name='KingBroly']You can now get Netflix on 3DS, as well as a Product Registration Survey for 10 coins.[/QUOTE]
Done and done, thanks for the heads up.

-Update-
Zelda ost arrived :)

My Zelda soundtrack arrived, too. I was debating whether or not to open it before it showed up, but now I might have to. I opened the envelope and immediately noticed the disk flopping around in the case. Lovely.

Update: I opened it. The tabs in the center of the CD case are completely shattered. They fell out like sand when I opened the case. The disk looks fine though.

Got mine, was surprised it wasn't cracked in the padded mailer. Note NOT FOR RESALE. Here is a clearer pic of the back with the track list:

I got mine today, but since I have zero interest in video game soundtracks, I figured I could sell it for a quick buck on eBay. Unfortunately it appears that everyone had that same idea and now eBay is flooded with them, and since everyone is listing them for insane prices, no one is buying. Anyone miss out on this that wants one? You can have mine, $25 shipped.

[quote name='spmahn']I got mine today, but since I have zero interest in video game soundtracks, I figured I could sell it for a quick buck on eBay. Unfortunately it appears that everyone had that same idea and now eBay is flooded with them, and since everyone is listing them for insane prices, no one is buying. Anyone miss out on this that wants one? You can have mine, $25 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight: ebay is flooded with them and nobody is buying them but you want to sell one for a premium? okkkkkk

[quote name='confoosious']Let me get this straight: ebay is flooded with them and nobody is buying them but you want to sell one for a premium? okkkkkk[/QUOTE]

The reason they aren't selling on eBay is because people are listing them with starting prices in the range of $30, $40, and $50, way too high for the current demand. It's also a mistake to start your eBay auctions with higher starting bids like that as they always make less money. Of the few that have started at reasonable prices, received bids, and have sold, they have sold in the $30 to $40 range, so my price is not outrageous.

Supply and demand should be at play here. Obviously there's too much supply so the prices will go down when people relist them. For the ones that have started at a low price, I've seen 17 and 20 dollar enders.

I just found your sales pitch funny: nobody wants them on ebay, so buy mine here!

Received the soundtrack. Looks great. Is it wrong that I want to keep it sealed but wait for someone to rip it so I can listen to it? It has Gerudo Valley! I've got some sort of Zelda OST I bought from someone on here a while ago, which I swear was OoT centric, and it didn't have that. Anyway.

I've spoken with a few people on here about this (hopefully I haven't annoyed them in any way), but if anyone else has coins to burn and wants to order things and be paid for it, please feel free to PM me. It's less about the platinum/gold prizes (although I need a calendar from last year if anyone has one in mint condition) and more about getting the existing rewards CN offers. So feel free to let me know.

Talked to a Jaded Customer Service Rep at Nintendo who tried to help me register Netflix on Wii, and he couldn't do it at his end - he had to have somebody call me later. I asked if they could send me some free swag for my trouble but he said no.

I also asked about some LEDs that don't light up on my launch wiimote and he said they were out of warranty and that he couldn't help me. :\

[quote name='2DMention']Talked to a Jaded Customer Service Rep at Nintendo who tried to help me register Netflix on Wii, and he couldn't do it at his end - he had to have somebody call me later. I asked if they could send me some free swag for my trouble but he said no.

I also asked about some LEDs that don't light up on my launch wiimote and he said they were out of warranty and that he couldn't help me. :\[/QUOTE]

That seems about par for the course with Nintendo customer service...

Here's my experience with them earlier this week

I got the AR card and the Screensaver (which seems nice). While the DK poster series is cool, I'm holding out for a Metroid poster series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back