CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

he mentioned GW. but seriously 6 nukes same lobby, what game types were popping up? those that stuck around had to be either terrible or just having bad games (and what setups did you use).

[quote name='bardiya27']damn so was this on free for all? Because it's already hard to get 1 nuke in FFA but 6 straight![/QUOTE]

Nooooo, way to many boosters in FFA, but if you can join early enough you can manage to get some kills off of them. did this in Ground war. My trick is Pavelow-chopper gunner/ac-130-Tactical Nuke, even if i cant get 25 i can at least get a Pavelow in a match, and sometimes i just get lucky.

Oh as far as setups, when im going esclusively for nukes.

Tar-21-Extended mags

Just play a map, stick to the outsides and keep moving or hole up in a room with my team. OMA every time i run out of ammo or a UAV/Chopper Gunner pops up. And i usually only use hardline after i get my pavelow(using that thing where you get a kill before you call it in then call in chopper gunner and eventually nuke), from then on its usually smooth sailing, gotta find a nice place to hide though.

My usual set up is:
Tar-21-Extended mags
.44 Magnum Akimbo
Scavenger Pro
Hardline Pro(laugh now, but youll see)
Commando Pro

Same game plan until i get my kill streaks, then i run around on a suicide mission.
Killstreaks are either:
Predator Missile-Harrier Airstrike-Pavelow(usually for regular team deathmatch or mercenary or FFA)
or
Harrier airstrike-Pavelow-Chopper Gunner/EMP(usually for ground war or objective based games where there is more time/players to get these)(toss up between Emp and chopper gunner because usually the Harrier and pavelow fill up airstrike and then i use my EMP to destroy all the killstreaks that were called in afterwards)

excuse my nerd rage...

infinity ward is THE worst gaming company ever. i seriously wish the developers of mw2 multiplayer would kill themselves or die a horrible death.

carry on...

I played last night for a while and was doing TERRIBLE. I finally got in a lobby where I went 22-5, just what I needed to boost my confidence. Then the whole lobby backed out, even people on my team. I start doing terrible again, then I go positive 1 round with 20ish kills and after that game, could not migrate host. Every time I start doing good, something fucks up. Its like IW was watching me and fucking me over when I go against a team I can beat. fuck you guys.

The one thing i hate about doing well is, if i ocasionally have a game where im like 17-14 or even 16-10, just because i was doing so well before i get very annoyed. Sometimes, mostly when playing scrapyard in groundwar, i get very upset. Ill be 24-6 but four of my six deaths are from grenades being spammed and nube tubes aimed at someone else but trajectory falls a little under or over.

[quote name='RobMinhas']I almost ditched this game but im glad i didnt. 6 straight ground war games with me scoring nukes. EPIC. Same lobby, too. :)[/QUOTE]

Very impressive. The other night I had 3 Nukes in a single night out of 6 games. Domination too. Nuke, nonuke, Nuke, nonuke, Nuke, quit playing.

Same lobby as well. Was playing a lobby full of people who liked to stand out in the open or walk very slowly. Pure sniper fodder :lol:

Domination is wicked hard to get Nukes as well. Has anyone else noticed that? GW Domination can be much easier at times, what with the extra three opponents. More people to kill you though....double edged sword.

[quote name='LordKefka06']MW2 Mythbusters: Episode 4[/QUOTE]

Who ever questioned the knifing through the window or flash/stun disabling Claymores/C4? I think they used those two to fill up space in the video :rofl:

Still, I like those videos. Interesting to know that when I throw my stun (I use stun nowadays), those Riot Shield noobs are unaffected...may need to swich to Flashes again? Of course, how many RS people are there on average?

[quote name='Bavgate']Off-topic, maybe?

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7...-Studio-Heads-Missing-Staff-Freaked-Out-.html

Wonder what's going on.[/QUOTE]

Doubt anything is going on. Seems to be like a publicity stunt. I really doubt Activision is kidnapping or capturing IW employees.

Nonetheless, I like hearing Activision/IW relationship is tense.

I could do without a future Call of Duty: Money Milking Subscription Game 12: The Prequel. I hate sub games.:bomb:

[quote name='RobMinhas']The one thing i hate about doing well is, if i ocasionally have a game where im like 17-14 or even 16-10, just because i was doing so well before i get very annoyed. Sometimes, mostly when playing scrapyard in groundwar, i get very upset. Ill be 24-6 but four of my six deaths are from grenades being spammed and nube tubes aimed at someone else but trajectory falls a little under or over.[/QUOTE]

Noob tube FTW :lol: That thing can be better then a sniper rifle :rofl:

Anyway, I feel the same way. Not getting a Nuke after you get a Nuke makes me go crazy. When I go 24-7 or such, but I did 38-8 the last game, I feel like my 24-7 was lackluster LOL. Even though I know its not bad.

[quote name='RobMinhas']Oh as far as setups, when im going esclusively for nukes.

Tar-21-Extended mags

Just play a map, stick to the outsides and keep moving or hole up in a room with my team. OMA every time i run out of ammo or a UAV/Chopper Gunner pops up. And i usually only use hardline after i get my pavelow(using that thing where you get a kill before you call it in then call in chopper gunner and eventually nuke), from then on its usually smooth sailing, gotta find a nice place to hide though.

My usual set up is:
Tar-21-Extended mags
.44 Magnum Akimbo
Scavenger Pro
Hardline Pro(laugh now, but youll see)
Commando Pro

Same game plan until i get my kill streaks, then i run around on a suicide mission.
Killstreaks are either:
Predator Missile-Harrier Airstrike-Pavelow(usually for regular team deathmatch or mercenary or FFA)
or
Harrier airstrike-Pavelow-Chopper Gunner/EMP(usually for ground war or objective based games where there is more time/players to get these)(toss up between Emp and chopper gunner because usually the Harrier and pavelow fill up airstrike and then i use my EMP to destroy all the killstreaks that were called in afterwards)[/QUOTE]

The Tar-21 can be a beast. Doesn't need Stopping Power, which is something I really like about it. I can still win a firefight against somebody using Stopping Power.:booty:

I may just create a Hardline/Tar-21 class. Its really a toss up between Cold Blooded and Hardline though. Of course, if we are doing well, they shouldn't have any air support out.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Of course, how many RS people are there on average?[/QUOTE]*Raises hand*

I'm probly close to being the #1 riot shield user on CAG.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Of course, how many RS people are there on average?[/QUOTE]*Raises hand*

I use it as much as I do a normal gun class setup.

Umm this isn't a publicity stunt. G4 just reported about the SEC filing Activision filed today about an HR issue they were going to have with "2 senior employees of Infinity Ward" that was going to result in termination and litigation.

Also IW is due massive royalties in a few days so any combination of things have led to these firings. West has updated his Facebook and Linked In pages that he is unemployed.

You don't file SEC reports about something that's a marketing stunt. March 1 2010 is going to go down in history as one of the craziest days in videogame history.

This is ominous news for CoD if the shake-up is as bad as it seems at IW.

Incoming Kotick endorsed, over inflated, subscription based CoD.

[quote name='RobMinhas']When the spring map packs come out, does anyone know what the price would be?[/QUOTE]

Going by Mw1 and WaW map packs, it will be 800 points and have 3-4 maps.

Hi, I have a question for anyone who owns the Hardened Edition. I hear something rattling around in the case of my still sealed copy. Did the disc holder break off inside? Is the rattle normal? Thanks for any help!

This is awful... I hope somehow the kids on XBL don't continue buying CoD games and make Activision think they've made the right decision here. Unfortunately they probably will. At some point this will come back to bite them in the ass... I hope. No more CoD games for me then. Oh well.

I don't know how everyone felt about the story of MW2 but I for one enjoyed it and was very interested to see what they could have done with MW3. It was completely badass to me and besides the glitches in MW2's multiplayer, it is a complete blast. They need to get these map packs out before Activision decides to do something else, if it's even legally possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Puffa469']Going by Mw1 and WaW map packs, it will be 800 points and have 3-4 maps.[/QUOTE]

I'll bet there will be 5-6 maps, but 3 of them will be recycled from the first game, and they'll still charge 10 dollars.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hi, I have a question for anyone who owns the Hardened Edition. I hear something rattling around in the case of my still sealed copy. Did the disc holder break off inside? Is the rattle normal? Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]

It is most likely the card with the code for Call of Duty Classic. The clips that hold it and the booklet really do a poor job and they slid all over.

I don't think Call of Duty could move into many other genres...Maybe a game like Halo Wars.
An adventure style game...might work.

But what will this really mean? We may see...
Call Of Duty Cart - Cart racing/battle game
Call of Duty War Hero - with the all new riffle controller with all your fav war marches
Call of Duty Jr - school yard war with plastic dart guns, moms would love this for Jr

I can't wait for the map packs. As for all the crazy news, I'm no fan of a lot of what Activision does but isn't I.W. the same dummies who put out the F.A.G. early promo for this game? I'd love to know what really happened. It can't be as black & white as everyone wants to make it.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hi, I have a question for anyone who owns the Hardened Edition. I hear something rattling around in the case of my still sealed copy. Did the disc holder break off inside? Is the rattle normal? Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']It is most likely the card with the code for Call of Duty Classic. The clips that hold it and the booklet really do a poor job and they slid all over.[/QUOTE]

My disc was loose inside the case, luckily it wasnt scratched at all.

[quote name='LordKefka06']*Raises hand*

I use it as much as I do a normal gun class setup.[/QUOTE]

You are pretty much in the minority my friend. I always (well, me or somebody behind you hahaha) take down Riot Shield users. They are too vulnerable IMO. I rarely ever see good RS users. Most of the time they just run around and get shot at every angle.

[quote name='Bavgate']http://kotaku.com/5483348/report-strange-things-are-afoot-at-infinity-ward-[update]

IW president just got fired, apparently. I'm taking all of this with a grain of salt, at least for now. Hopefully a more credible source will pop up tomorrow morning and confirm/deny what's going on.[/QUOTE]

Interesting to say the least. I am really thinking its true, but I don't know why they would fire the guy. He has been bringing in God-like amounts of money and MP issues or not the majority of people still play and love MW2.

"It plans to expand the Call of Duty brand "with the same focus seen in its Blizzard Entertainment business unit" placing a focus on "high-margin digital online content and further the brand as the leading action entertainment franchise in new geographies, new genres and with new digital business models."

AKA, "get ready to throw away some more money you oblivious fools"

I smell subscription-style game for the next CoD (that is inside the FPS genre). Or, if they were smart, they would not limit the multiplayer and just keep cool/popular guns or even awesome maps under lock and key unless you are willing to pay.

I have been saying this was going to be horrible at some point ever since Activision started to look at monitizing (sp?) the Call of Duty franchise. It has always been obvious they love sequels and money. Tony Hawk games will keep coming until 30 years after T. Hawk actually dies.

Thought you guys would like to see this video about Commando and what it affects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIHoqXVJKgo

Quite honestly I didn't think Commando worked with the Riot Shield. I also didn't know that the Tactical Knife lunged the same distance as the regular knife.:cry: Improves the Tac Knife value in my eyes...may have to go back to my running class sometime.

I dont know what their plans are, but if i have to pay extra money to play online, i wont buy it. Plenty of other games out there i can play online for free.

^
exactly what i was thinking. Their game is fun but its not worth paying extra per month to play. Its not that much better than any other 'free' online game. i dont see how a pay per month service would work for them and still charge 60$ for a game which has mp as a main focus.

as its been said before, whatever the next COD game is, if its not MW i probably wont even bother playing. got a very large backlog of games that has been getting larger thanks to the time spent with mw2.

[quote name='naiku']^
exactly what i was thinking. Their game is fun but its not worth paying extra per month to play. Its not that much better than any other 'free' online game. i dont see how a pay per month service would work for them and still charge 60$ for a game which has mp as a main focus.

as its been said before, whatever the next COD game is, if its not MW i probably wont even bother playing. got a very large backlog of games that has been getting larger thanks to the time spent with mw2.[/QUOTE]

I dont care if they gave CODMW3 away for free, im not going to pay 5-15 dollars a month to play it online. I play CODMW2 online during random times, i wouldnt know what months id want to pay to play anyway.

Personally i am interested to see what the next COD game is going to be. If it is Vietnam, im very interested. I liked WAW a bit, just not the dogs/spawn spots. Those things got annoying.

I wonder if any of this drama going on has delayed the map packs? I mean they have the biggest game with a huge audience. I don't understand waiting this long already for some DLC. It's not like there gonna give it away for free, why not capitalize at it's peak? This seems very un-Activision. You'd think they'd have it planned out for max cash.

Anyone else experiencing crippling lag in about 25% of the matches they play? I am seriously considering trading this in tomorrow and picking up BF:MC2. I might pick up MLB 2K10 too.

bread's done
Back