Comic Book Discussion Thread (Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, Top Cow, IDW, Indy, etc)

My favorite Marvel femmes probably goes like this: Spider-Woman (due to Bendis and Maleev), Captain Marvel, Kitty Pryde, and Maria Hill. Maria Hill is awesome. I'd love a Maria Hill solo book, but her role as a supporting character in most books is pretty cool.

I always liked Songbird, Kitty Pryde, Gamora, She Hulk, and Monet (love her bitchy attitude)

I'd like to see Maria Hill in a book were she does ore than command and bark orders.

Oooh, lists! My favorite Marvel women are Kate Bishop, Madame Hydra, Carol Danvers, Gwen Stacy, She-Hulk, Black Cat, X-23, and Blink.

DC favorites would be too numerous to list, but a few would be: Bulleteer, Power Girl, Huntress, Zatanna, Catwoman, pre-New 52 Starfire, Scandal Savage, Pre-New 52 Harley Quinn, Posion Ivy, Talia al Ghul, Linda Danvers Supergirl, Cassie Caine Batgirl, Batwoman.

I know I'm a little late to the party but I haven't been devoting much time to comic buying/reading lately so I just finally got around to reading the last issue of Uncanny X-Force (#35). Wow, gotta say this was one of the most consistently great books I can remember reading. For me, it's definitely right up there with Brubaker's run on Captain America.

Unfortunately, that's about it for comics for me. Over the last year or two, between Marvel Now and the new 52, just about all the comics I was reading have ended or gone through major revisions. It was a fun ride of about 10 years (in addition to me time reading/collecting as a kid) but I feel like this was a natural ending point. I also feel like Avengers vs. X-men really was a good end point for me as X-men was both my favorite book as a kid and New X-men's Planet X storyline was the book that got me back into seriously collecting comics. If you look at the story(-ies) between Planet X and Avengers vs. X-men there's a real decent arc there that definitely comes full circle.

I'm not sure where Marvel's going from here, and maybe I'll dabble here and there with trades but my individual issue buying days are done. It certainly was a hell of a lot of fun while it lasted and I'll look back fondly on my usual Wednesday routine of picking up new books.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I know I'm a little late to the party but I haven't been devoting much time to comic buying/reading lately so I just finally got around to reading the last issue of Uncanny X-Force (#35). Wow, gotta say this was one of the most consistently great books I can remember reading. For me, it's definitely right up there with Brubaker's run on Captain America.

Unfortunately, that's about it for comics for me. Over the last year or two, between Marvel Now and the new 52, just about all the comics I was reading have ended or gone through major revisions. It was a fun ride of about 10 years (in addition to me time reading/collecting as a kid) but I feel like this was a natural ending point. I also feel like Avengers vs. X-men really was a good end point for me as X-men was both my favorite book as a kid and New X-men's Planet X storyline was the book that got me back into seriously collecting comics. If you look at the story(-ies) between Planet X and Avengers vs. X-men there's a real decent arc there that definitely comes full circle.

I'm not sure where Marvel's going from here, and maybe I'll dabble here and there with trades but my individual issue buying days are done. It certainly was a hell of a lot of fun while it lasted and I'll look back fondly on my usual Wednesday routine of picking up new books.[/QUOTE]

I think you're missing out personally. A lot of the Marvel books are really good, including All-New X-Men and Thor. Cap is pretty good as well and I'm digging Mark Waid's Hulk. Even second tier books like Cable and X-Force are enjoyable.

[quote name='jza1218']I think you're missing out personally. A lot of the Marvel books are really good, including All-New X-Men and Thor. Cap is pretty good as well and I'm digging Mark Waid's Hulk. Even second tier books like Cable and X-Force are enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

I feel like I may have left the wrong impression by mentioning new 52 and Marvel Now. I'm not getting out of comics because I don't think anything from these initiatives will be any good; it's more of the fact that I just don't have time for comics and video games anymore with everything else I have going on. Money is certainly an issue as well. I'm not one of those people who is quitting just out of spite (although, that was my knee-jerk reaction initially) it's more of the fact that I was managing to just hang on long enough to "finish" everything that I was following. In a perfect world I would keep picking up books (and there is a slight possibility I might make an exception for Uncanny Avengers, as Havok is one of my favorite characters and I like the premise of the book) but the time and money are just too much to try and keep up with.

[quote name='jza1218']I think you're missing out personally. A lot of the Marvel books are really good, including All-New X-Men and Thor. Cap is pretty good as well and I'm digging Mark Waid's Hulk. Even second tier books like Cable and X-Force are enjoyable.[/QUOTE]
I can't believe someone likes Cap. The art's a complete mess. Seriously some of JRjr's sloppiest work since AvX. Makes me really wish that he'd retained his Punisher look. The story also has been completely ridiculous so far. Gotta agree on Hulk and everything else, though. fucking love the shit out of Hulk.

I like Cap. It's not the best of NOW but I'm sticking with it for a few more issues. As soon as it goes south I'll drop it. I like Romita's art in it. I don't like everything he does (hated him on the Avengers) but he pulls of a Cap book quite well.

I hate JrJr stuff on Uncanny X-Men back #300's. But Cap is weird, but ill keep reading for now. All the Avengers Books are good. Hawkeye is fucking cool. The New (Again) Uncanny X-Men better not suck. But Bachalo's art is amazing.

Outside of Batwoman and Madame Xanadu, I find the majority of DC's female characters to be mostly lame. I liked Stephanie Brown Batgirl, but yeah, the fucked that up. I would also toss Abigail Arcane in there, but most people have no idea who she is and she isn't really a superhero.

[quote name='DestroVega']IMO the only Marvel books worth reading are Daredevil, Hawkeye and the Punisher until it ended.[/QUOTE]

You're missing out. Thor is real good, with some beautiful art.

[quote name='GhostShark']Outside of Batwoman and Madame Xanadu, I find the majority of DC's female characters to be mostly lame. I liked Stephanie Brown Batgirl, but yeah, the fucked that up. I would also toss Abigail Arcane in there, but most people have no idea who she is and she isn't really a superhero.[/QUOTE]
We talkin' before reboot? I really can't help but love most of the extended universe female characters. Stephanie Brown was an okay Batgirl, but she wasn't good as much else, unfortunately.

[quote name='DestroVega']IMO the only Marvel books worth reading are Daredevil, Hawkeye and the Punisher until it ended.[/QUOTE]
Can't agree with the only ones worth reading, but the ones you listed are wonderful. Really breaks my heart how bad War Zone is.

[quote name='jza1218']You're missing out. Thor is real good, with some beautiful art.[/QUOTE]
Trufax. Thor is fucking gorgeous.

Never was a fan of Stephanie Brown, Batgirl. Just nothing ever stood out about her. Then again I still prefer Barbera Gordan as a cripple and not as just another of Batman's sidekicks and was her own original character. So in short, Cassandra Cain is still my favorite Batgirl amongst the three far and away.

[quote name='bhk']What's the best new Marvel NOW book so far?[/QUOTE]

It's a tossup, IMO, between Thor and All-New X-Men. I'd go with Thor at the moment. Though I haven't read Hawkeye yet.

I'd say it's between the Avengers and All-New X-Men, personally. They're both incredibly well written. Superior Spider-Man is actually pretty interesting also, as long as you can get past the fucking stupid idea of Doctor Octopus being in Spider-Man's body and nobody knowing. You can tell it's a ticking time bomb on that, though...

[quote name='bardockkun']That's a pretty damn subjective question.[/QUOTE]
Super true.

There is no exact "best book" because people will always have different tastes in narrative styles and penciling/colors, etc. However, the best are easily Indestructible Hulk, Thor: God of Thunder, Fantastic Four, FF, Uncanny Avengers and New Avengers. The rest of them (not including the ones that started before Marvel NOW like the amazing Captain Marvel and Hawkeye) are just OK. Plus, Marvel NOW isn't over. I'm really looking forward to Young Avengers next week, and Thanos Rising, X-Men, Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy in the weeks/months following that.

I agree with everyone else it will depend on personal taste and mine is a little strange, but I'd say for me it's 100% FF with a close second being All-New X-Men. But I'm fairly sure when Young Avengers drops next week that will be a very high contender for mine since I'm really interested to see what Gillen does with Loki following the heart breaking ending to his arc of Journey Into Mystery, and because I'm already a huge fan of the other Young Avengers.

I'm not typically into variant covers, but I'm a fairly huge fan of Scott Pilgrim, and so I kind of really want the Bryan Lee O'Malley cover for Young Avengers #1.

NOW Fantastic Four is boring. After Hickman's run it just seems un-Fantastic. You can't beat this stuff:

sJSQz.jpg

and

to-me.jpg

[quote name='icebeast']I agree with everyone else it will depend on personal taste and mine is a little strange, but I'd say for me it's 100% FF with a close second being All-New X-Men. But I'm fairly sure when Young Avengers drops next week that will be a very high contender for mine since I'm really interested to see what Gillen does with Loki following the heart breaking ending to his arc of Journey Into Mystery, and because I'm already a huge fan of the other Young Avengers.

I'm not typically into variant covers, but I'm a fairly huge fan of Scott Pilgrim, and so I kind of really want the Bryan Lee O'Malley cover for Young Avengers #1.[/QUOTE]
Icebeezy is speaking allll the truths of my heart

[quote name='Rodimus']NOW Fantastic Four is boring. After Hickman's run it just seems un-Fantastic. You can't beat this stuff:

sJSQz.jpg

and

to-me.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I agree somewhat. Fraction is doing something different from Hickman, so I hesitate to compare the two, but man, Hickman was some kind of genius on the book. Mostly because of the greatest line in comics ever:
All Hope Lies In Doom

[quote name='GhostShark']I agree somewhat. Fraction is doing something different from Hickman, so I hesitate to compare the two, but man, Hickman was some kind of genius on the book. Mostly because of the greatest line in comics ever:
All Hope Lies In Doom
[/QUOTE]

Plus this one...

2318228-ff17d_annihilus_on_the_potty.jpg

All this talk of Hickman just makes me want to say I am loving the fuck out of his Manhattan Projects over at Image. That and so far eventhough the pacing is a bit weird, his Avengers are also a good read too.

Why is nobody giving Deadpool some love? Lincoln shoots Deadpool in the head and is so pumped that he finally got to do that to somebody else. Brian Posehn and Gerry Dugen, or however you spell his name, know how to write and are pretty funny and Tony Moore is always great.

[quote name='Rodimus']NOW Fantastic Four is boring. After Hickman's run it just seems un-Fantastic. You can't beat this stuff:

sJSQz.jpg

and

to-me.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'll agree a bit (at least to what we've seen so far from Fraction), but to be fair both of those are from a long ways into Hickman's run and Fraction just started. Now of what I've seen so far of Fantastic Four my major worry is that because it's so cut off from everything else we're going to just get really odd side story after side story while they wander around aimlessly, but he could have a plan to take it in a cool direction too, or at least hit on the key aspect that I think Hickman really nailed in his blurb in the final issue of his run on Fantastic Four which is that the book really needs to be about the characters interacting as a family.

However like I said I love FF, and I think Fraction's writing for it so far has been really great and has obviously taken that book in a different direction than what it used to be, but I think it's a really fun direction so far; plus the art is glorious.

Also, I totally agree neocisco that was probably my favorite issue in that series of FF, it was just so wonderfully random and silly; and I guess I feel like this new series of FF is tapping into something similar which gives me the same vibe.

[quote name='Predator21281']Why is nobody giving Deadpool some love? Lincoln shoots Deadpool in the head and is so pumped that he finally got to do that to somebody else. Brian Posehn and Gerry Dugen, or however you spell his name, know how to write and are pretty funny and Tony Moore is always great.[/QUOTE]
I Found Deadpool to be very underwhelming and this coming from a fan of Brian Posehn's comedy. It felt like it was elbowing me too hard in the ribs with the jokes and no build up or real character within Deadpool or anyone else.

Though then again the only time I ever read and enjoyed a Deadpool series was when Joe Kelly was doing his run on the character in the 90's.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Found Deadpool to be very underwhelming and this coming from a fan of Brian Posehn's comedy. It felt like it was elbowing me too hard in the ribs with the jokes and no build up or real character within Deadpool or anyone else.

Though then again the only time I ever read and enjoyed a Deadpool series was when Joe Kelly was doing his run on the character in the 90's.[/QUOTE]
I'm a huge fan of Posehn and Deadpool, but I feel exactly how you do about the book. It feels like it's doing absolutely nothing with the character which is a total crime after the whole mortality thing was over the last year with him. I'm not expecting anything as serious as Nicieza, Kelly, or hell, even Way levels of character building, but at least some kind of character outside of the constant breakneck pace jokes would be appreciated.

I'll give it to the book for having some funny moments, but after the first issue I was over it. Really hoping they can deliver some heart wrenching character moments like the last couple of arcs before Marvel NOW!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm a huge fan of Posehn and Deadpool, but I feel exactly how you do about the book. It feels like it's doing absolutely nothing with the character which is a total crime after the whole mortality thing was over the last year with him. I'm not expecting anything as serious as Nicieza, Kelly, or hell, even Way levels of character building, but at least some kind of character outside of the constant breakneck pace jokes would be appreciated.

I'll give it to the book for having some funny moments, but after the first issue I was over it. Really hoping they can deliver some heart wrenching character moments like the last couple of arcs before Marvel NOW![/QUOTE]
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Deadpool comic that actually has character and gives him depth and came out recently?! I Am intrigued, I felt a bit turned off when everyone was jumping on the Deadpool wagon (including Marvel with 3-4 different titles a month), but now I'm curious. I Think after Joe Kelly, the most recent one I read was when he was adventuring with his severed head from Marvel Zombies and that...took me no where immediately.

As long as it isn't the Rob Liefield stuff, because fuck that guy. He was suppose to show up at my comic shop if you buy enough issues of one of his comics (I think it was Infinity from Image), but instead he never returned e-mails or phone calls and my shop is left sitting on a pile of deformed human bodies and pouches, so many pouches.

Thanks for the Marvel NOW thoughts guys. I may look into picking a few of those up. I just finished The Infinite Vacation mini-series from Image and really enjoyed it. It took the last issue over a year to come out but it was worth it.

Also looking forward to the conclusion of Death of the Family next month.

[quote name='bardockkun']Whoa, whoa, whoa. Deadpool comic that actually has character and gives him depth and came out recently?! I Am intrigued, I felt a bit turned off when everyone was jumping on the Deadpool wagon (including Marvel with 3-4 different titles a month), but now I'm curious. I Think after Joe Kelly, the most recent one I read was when he was adventuring with his severed head from Marvel Zombies and that...took me no where immediately.

As long as it isn't the Rob Liefield stuff, because fuck that guy. He was suppose to show up at my comic shop if you buy enough issues of one of his comics (I think it was Infinity from Image), but instead he never returned e-mails or phone calls and my shop is left sitting on a pile of deformed human bodies and pouches, so many pouches.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, his last series had some goddamn beautiful arcs dealing with how his comedy is just a mask for how sick of life he is and he puts his whole purpose into attempting to get a cure for his immortality (which is a curse from Thanos if you didn't know).
He gets his cure, realizes it sucks and has to work on actually becoming a good merc without being sloppy. The worst thing about the new series by Posehn is the end of the last book Deadpool found out that it was only a temporary cure and that he missed his timeframe so he can no longer die since it's impossible to ever use the cure again AND THEY NEVER FULLY TOUCH ON HOW HE FEELS ABOUT IT. That's how the last issue ends.
The books with Headpool weren't that great, so I don't blame you for dropping that. I don't think that ever went anywhere good, but it has been years so I could be wrong. If you've never read Cable and Deadpool then you should really read that stuff. It has some of the most touching moments I've ever read in comics.

Wowzers. I have no doubt about that. I have quite a few friends that've met Liefeld and all impressions are that he's a total asshole irl. Given his huge explosion at DC this past year, I'm not surprised to hear that he won't come to your LCS. He's done with comics for a while. Thankfully, none of the Cable and Deadpool books are drawn by him. They do have a couple of covers here and there, but mainly it all has really well done art.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yeah, his last series had some goddamn beautiful arcs dealing with how his comedy is just a mask for how sick of life he is and he puts his whole purpose into attempting to get a cure for his immortality (which is a curse from Thanos if you didn't know).
He gets his cure, realizes it sucks and has to work on actually becoming a good merc without being sloppy. The worst thing about the new series by Posehn is the end of the last book Deadpool found out that it was only a temporary cure and that he missed his timeframe so he can no longer die since it's impossible to ever use the cure again AND THEY NEVER FULLY TOUCH ON HOW HE FEELS ABOUT IT. That's how the last issue ends.
The books with Headpool weren't that great, so I don't blame you for dropping that. I don't think that ever went anywhere good, but it has been years so I could be wrong. If you've never read Cable and Deadpool then you should really read that stuff. It has some of the most touching moments I've ever read in comics.

Wowzers. I have no doubt about that. I have quite a few friends that've met Liefeld and all impressions are that he's a total asshole irl. Given his huge explosion at DC this past year, I'm not surprised to hear that he won't come to your LCS. He's done with comics for a while. Thankfully, none of the Cable and Deadpool books are drawn by him. They do have a couple of covers here and there, but mainly it all has really well done art.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I kept hearing rumblings about Cable and Deadpool being a good read, but now I'll check it out. Though I will admit seeing the Rob Liefield covers did veer me away, but if he's not doing the art inside the interior then I'm sold. That and Cable is easily one of the most improved characters from Marvel in the past few years as well.

[quote name='Bercelak']All this talk about Deadpool makes me very excited about his video game. Hopefully it is good as it looks![/QUOTE]
I'm very hesitant about that... The graphics so far look very last gen.

The trailers and previews all focusing on the humor of the Deadpool game as opposed to any actual gameplay info leaves...something to be desired. Though with Cable confirmed as being in the game as the straight man it does at least lead me to believe we'll be getting a co-op game out of it I'm guessing.

It's a Deadpool game, which means that it should be bought only for 30 bucks or less. Not even the addition of Cable can warrant paying full price for the game. I wish we would stop getting solo, subpar Marvel superhero games, and get another MUA or X-Men Legends, or something similar.

Marvel Heroes, the diablo clone, so far has been riddled but bugs as beta versions of the game are apt to be, but I'll still give it a shot because it's free.

I Liked Wolverine on 360 alot. I Thought it was everything I wanted in a Wolverine game minus them having to force in any ties of that game with that terrible movie.

Plus don't even get me on my love of Spider-man: Web of Shadows. Easily my favorite Marvel game in general.

They got it right with Transformers so I have faith High Moon will deliver a good Deadpool game.

And while were on the subject of comic book video games I'll throw in my love for Captain America. Up there with Wolverine Origins in great comic book movie tie-in. Fluid combat.

But I agree with GhostShark, gimmie another MUA or X-Men Legends. Those games were multiplayer goodness.

Ah, yes, I had forgotten about the Wolvie game. It was pretty and what the movie should've been. Hell, I will even take another game like that, even with my disdain of Logan, which rivals my hatred of Deadpool.

[quote name='GhostShark']It's a Deadpool game, which means that it should be bought only for 30 bucks or less. Not even the addition of Cable can warrant paying full price for the game. I wish we would stop getting solo, subpar Marvel superhero games, and get another MUA or X-Men Legends, or something similar.

Marvel Heroes, the diablo clone, so far has been riddled but bugs as beta versions of the game are apt to be, but I'll still give it a shot because it's free.[/QUOTE]
I don't know about that. I think I'll probably buy it on release as long as they have alternate costumes in it. At the very least I'll Gamefly it.

Speaking of Marvel Heroes, game looks super interesting with its Founders Program.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Liked Wolverine on 360 alot. I Thought it was everything I wanted in a Wolverine game minus them having to force in any ties of that game with that terrible movie.

Plus don't even get me on my love of Spider-man: Web of Shadows. Easily my favorite Marvel game in general.[/QUOTE]
I love everything about this post. Totes agree.

Also, finding out Will.i.Am was Nightcrawler's dad was fucking hilarious in the Wolverine game.

[quote name='Rodimus']They got it right with Transformers so I have faith High Moon will deliver a good Deadpool game.

And while were on the subject of comic book video games I'll throw in my love for Captain America. Up there with Wolverine Origins in great comic book movie tie-in. Fluid combat.

But I agree with GhostShark, gimmie another MUA or X-Men Legends. Those games were multiplayer goodness.[/QUOTE]
While they did get it right with Transformers everything I'm seeing from the game looks very sub-par and that worries me. Especially with the rumors that Raven already had a Deadpool game almost completed before they were put on all the CoD games.

Captain America is pretty fucking awesome. I'll give you that. I also really want another MUA. I actually liked the second one a good bit, minus the character and costume issues I had. I really wish they'd have a community vote for the next superhero game with costumes. So far it seems like the only ones that have really gotten all the ones I've loved were Spider-Man (PS1), MUA, and X-Men Legends 2. Injustice looks like it may be changing that though...

So, after reading Young Avengers #1, I am really disappointed. Gillen is not the writer for this book. Everybody sounds the same (except Kid Loki). And the direction it is heading seems pretty odd, and boring. This one may be dropped after the first arc if the writing doesn't get better.

On the other hand, both Avengers and Uncanny Avengers were amazing. Especially Avengers. Hickman is the right choice for both Avengers and New Avengers.

Also, everyone should check out Brian Wood's Mara #1 that came out of from Image this week. I got it on a whim, and it's really entertaining, far-future sci-fi with a large inspiration from global sports.

Oh, well, I guess I missed it when it first came out. I was hooked by the cover and loved the book, as well. Plus, I've been wanting to read more of Brian Wood.

[quote name='GhostShark']So, after reading Young Avengers #1, I am really disappointed. Gillen is not the writer for this book. Everybody sounds the same (except Kid Loki). And the direction it is heading seems pretty odd, and boring. This one may be dropped after the first arc if the writing doesn't get better.[/QUOTE]

I was kind of scared based on your review of it because I was really super anticipating this comic. But I feel a bit different about it.

I'll agree Kate and Noh-Varr didn't really have much to add to the story so far, but I did think that Billy and Teddy were written fine and felt fairly similar to how they've been previously portrayed. I honestly can't say what the plot is building to so far but the ground work is just being layed, and based on how Gillen wrote Journey Into Mystery it seems like that is kind of what he likes to do is really structure his story out and then move it towards its conclusion. If anything I think where the book kind of fails is in the Kate and Noh-Varr part because that feels like this totally in your face action which doesn't contrast with the more slow deliberate pace of the later part of the book. Honestly I'm willing to see where he's taking it because I feel like once he builds it up he'll take this book someplace awesome.

[quote name='icebeast']I was kind of scared based on your review of it because I was really super anticipating this comic. But I feel a bit different about it.

I'll agree Kate and Noh-Varr didn't really have much to add to the story so far, but I did think that Billy and Teddy were written fine and felt fairly similar to how they've been previously portrayed. I honestly can't say what the plot is building to so far but the ground work is just being layed, and based on how Gillen wrote Journey Into Mystery it seems like that is kind of what he likes to do is really structure his story out and then move it towards its conclusion. If anything I think where the book kind of fails is in the Kate and Noh-Varr part because that feels like this totally in your face action which doesn't contrast with the more slow deliberate pace of the later part of the book. Honestly I'm willing to see where he's taking it because I feel like once he builds it up he'll take this book someplace awesome.[/QUOTE]

Well, I have several problems with it.
Carol Danvers (as well as Thor and several other Avengers) told Noh-Varr to never come back to Earth, and if he did, he'd be killed or jailed, and hey look...EARTH! That makes no sense. And considering we are in Avengers World now, I don't see how this can work out, with what he has done in the past. I've all of Young Avengers and Children's Crusade, and I don't remember Wiccan being a little bitch. And, also, Loki and Miss America just kinda seem to be there, with nothing at all added to the issue except for normal Loki humor 101.

I would also like to see something concering the whereabouts of Speed and Patriot, besides just mentioning that Speed moved out. And of course, there is the fallout of Stature's death.

I'm gonna stick it out with the book, for at least the first arc, but if it doesn't change or address certain problems after that, I will probably drop it. I should also add that I am not a huge Gillen fan. He's middle-of-the-pack in terms of creative talent and ability at Marvel. Plus, he and Greg Land have ruined Tony Stark/Iron Man for me, so there is that.

[quote name='GhostShark']Well, I have several problems with it.
Carol Danvers (as well as Thor and several other Avengers) told Noh-Varr to never come back to Earth, and if he did, he'd be killed or jailed, and hey look...EARTH! That makes no sense. And considering we are in Avengers World now, I don't see how this can work out, with what he has done in the past. I've all of Young Avengers and Children's Crusade, and I don't remember Wiccan being a little bitch. And, also, Loki and Miss America just kinda seem to be there, with nothing at all added to the issue except for normal Loki humor 101.

I would also like to see something concerning the whereabouts of Speed and Patriot, besides just mentioning that Speed moved out. And of course, there is the fallout of Stature's death.
[/QUOTE]

We'll see on the Noh-Varr front I do think that is odd myself and like I said I felt like that part was kind of out of place.

Wiccan is totally mopping around at the end of Children's Crusade, there is an entire page where he is down in the dumps through Spider-Island, X-Men: Schism, and the Human Torch coming back. Teddy does end up trying to approach him about it and tell him to deal with it followed by an interruption of them making out to invite them to the Avenger's mansion, and he seems to recover a little bit when he's at the Avenger's mansion, but I mean he was depressed for months I'm not that surprised it's still a problem.

In regards to Loki it seemed like he knew something about what Wiccan was going to do, so we'll see how that plays out.

Honestly, I mean it wasn't a perfect start to the series but I still enjoyed it and have faith that it will continue to be interesting.

I read the first issue of the new Uncanny X-Force and I actually liked that too, I like how it's really tying into the ending of the previous series but jumping ahead some months. My only minor gripe is the seeming need to have a lot of characters swear (which seems a little out of place) and having them do so using solid black bars which I find fairly distracting.

Uncanny Avengers was good as well, except for Rouge and Scarlet Witch doing hardly anything but hopefully that will improve now that they aren't being mind controlled anymore (also hopefully that book can start getting on a normal monthly schedule, haha).

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back