CompUSA Red Star Inventory Blowout B&M YMMV

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
CompUSA has been clearancing some inventory for some time now. I don't know if this is a new promo that I stumbled upon or not. But I noticed on the website there is a red star thing going on right now where you save an additional 25% off the clearance price. AND you can check your local stores inventory online! Just looking through a few Wisconsin stores...which I'm not even close to unfortunately...I see some nice deals on hardware. Just thought I'd mention this so hopefully some of you CAGs can score some nice deals.

Link to store selection page
- Select your state
- then on the next page click on "See this store's listing of blowout items"

Examples from Brookfield location:
Norwood P42BSAT 42-inch Plasma EDTV $899.98 - $225.00 = $674.98 (2 in stock)
Game Boy Advance SP, Onyx $49.98 - $12.50 = $37.48 (2 in stock)
GameCube, Platinum Limited Edition $74.98 - $18.75 = $56.23 (4 in stock)

Examples from Madison location:
Magnavox 15MF150V/37 15-inch LCD TV $249.98 - $62.50 = $187.48 (2 in stock)
Xbox Console $99.98 - $25.00 = $74.98 (2 in stock)

Just looking through some other stores I've seen some of the following:
GB Micro Black for $69.98 - $17.50 = $52.48
DS Electric Blue for $119.98 - $30 = $89.98
PS2 Slimline for $129.98 - $32.50 = $97.48
PSP for $179.98 - $45 = $134.98

Might want to try using this too
$10 off $100 purchase

You guys are lucky, mine was picked clean save for some old sports games on the Xbox.

Though I did grab a Gameboy Micro. They do count towards the 20% off so from $49.99 - 20% I paid $39.99 and ended up around $43 something with tax. Check the online inventory and then ask them instore, they are all stored in the back.

I am tempted.. never owned a gameboy before, but such a low price makes it attractive. might go back to get one of last two system left.

Which CompUSA in NYC did you go to get Quake for 360 and are there any left?

[quote name='whitereflection']Well, had another great run at CompUSA yesterday - a lot of things got marked down but aren't reflected on the website. Some of these things were:

Fable (Xbox) - $6
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes (Xbox) - $6
Halo 2 (Xbox) - $8?
Halo 2 Map Pack (Xbox) - $8?
Urbz: Sims in the City (Xbox) - $6
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 (Xbox) - $6?
City of Villains Collector's Edition (PC) - $6
Auto Assault (PC) - $5
Auto Assault Collector's Edition (PC) - $10
Everquest II Collector's Edition (PC) - $4
Everquest Atlas (Book) - $2
Conquest: Frontier Wars (PC) - $2
256 PC2100 DDRRAM - $2
128 PC2100 DDRRAM - $2
RAM Heat sinks - 50 cents
Thermal Fan Alarm (dunno what this is) - $1
Xbox 360 Hot Rod Faceplate - $1
Vertical Stand (PS2?) - $1
Various Gaming Edge starter kits for GBA, CD cases, battery packs - $1-2
Various cases for IPods and PDAs - $1-8

And, drumroll please...

Quake 4 (Xbox 360) - $6!

A lot of movies were also on sale for $6.

So check out your local CompUSA before all the good stuff is gone, people. Of course, since the prices aren't reflected on the website (and past price drops were), YMMV on this one.[/QUOTE]

I didn't pick them up, but at least one is gone now since they're no longer listed on the site (someone reported that items aren't listed if there's only one them in stock, and it seems true).

This was at 37th and Fifth Ave. If anyone goes to the other CompUSA on 57th, please post there with your haul.

[quote name='NamPaehc']You guys are lucky, mine was picked clean save for some old sports games on the Xbox.

Though I did grab a Gameboy Micro. They do count towards the 20% off so from $49.99 - 20% I paid $39.99 and ended up around $43 something with tax. Check the online inventory and then ask them instore, they are all stored in the back.[/QUOTE]

I went back today and was able to return/repurchase with the 20% off, so got it for $40. For whatever reason that makes it worthwhile. I was probably going to return it if I had to stick with $50. They had fliers in store advertizing the 20% off red star items. This promo started the 29th, so it wasn't in effect when I bought the Micro on Saturday. I'm glad I did though, as the other one was gone (they were out on the floor at this store, right by the DS Lites).

So, anyway, a HUGE thanks to the CAG who tipped me off about the 20%. Otherwise I would probably have held on to the Micro until the return periosd was about to expire and then simply returned it, thinking it wasn't worth the $50.

I was also able to pick up a 30 pack of DVD+R's for $5.58, and a GBA SP starter kit for $1.58. The DRD+R's were another item that was on this store's list WAY back when they had the 25% off but when I went in they told me they were "long gone". Well, they were there now, so I don't know what BS was going on back then (just like the Micros - all of a sudden they have this stuff?). if you people are right about the accuracy of the store inventory list, then they were simply BSing me back then or just flat out ignorant. I'm sure all this stuff was just sitting in the back then. I had figured they horded it for themselves or something, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Probably just garden variety ignorance.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were ignorant since this whole clearance seems to confuse some employees. Last month when it was 25% off the red star items a manager told me there had to physically be a red star on the tag for it to qualify. I figured they were wrong and when it was totalled, the 25% off came off automatically.

Managed to pick up (all XBOX):

NBA Ballers: Phenom - $1.88
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - $8.88
College Hoops 2K6 - $8.88
MVP 06 Baseball - $8.88
NBA Live 06 - $8.88
Madden NFL 06 - $8.88
NHL 06 - $8.88
NCAA Football 06 - $8.88

Total was $68.52 (w/tax) and then a discount automatically applied itself, dropping it to $56.01 (w/tax). 18% is an odd discount.

Also remember seeing Dynasty Warrior 5 (XBOX 360) - $8.88 and SW Battlefront II (PS2) - $4.98

picked up Half Life 2 Strategy Guide for $2. Not the best deal but maybe it will convince me to reinstall it and finish the game.

[quote name='djak1']Managed to pick up (all XBOX):

NBA Ballers: Phenom - $1.88
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - $8.88
College Hoops 2K6 - $8.88
MVP 06 Baseball - $8.88
NBA Live 06 - $8.88
Madden NFL 06 - $8.88
NHL 06 - $8.88
NCAA Football 06 - $8.88

Total was $68.52 (w/tax) and then a discount automatically applied itself, dropping it to $56.01 (w/tax). 18% is an odd discount.

Also remember seeing Dynasty Warrior 5 (XBOX 360) - $8.88 and SW Battlefront II (PS2) - $4.98[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the store manually adjusted some prices on some games and actually raised the prices. MVP 06 is $7.98 nationally and I think NCAA Football 06 might be as well. Madden is $4.98 nationally as well.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Sounds like the store manually adjusted some prices on some games and actually raised the prices. MVP 06 is $7.98 nationally and I think NCAA Football 06 might be as well. Madden is $4.98 nationally as well.[/QUOTE]

Good call. I just checked the receipt - NHL 06 and NCAA Football 06 rang up for $7.98; Madden NFL 06 - $3.98; MVP NCAA Baseball 06 and College Hoops 06 rang up for $6.38. Battlefield 2, Phenom, and NBA Live were status quo.

$56 for 8 games isn't too bad - they'll kill some time :D

went back and picked up fight night 3 for 7 dollars and change. It had no box and manual though. Just disc only. I didn't know they sold used games.. It was so cheap, I had to try it out.

And here I am studying (with no job) and spending money ... can't wait til I'm done with this LSAT so I can get on with my life ...

Anywho, I stopped by and picked up the following:

Action Replay w/ 8MB PS2 - $3.98
Action Replay w/ 8 MB Xbox - $3.98
Conker XBX 7.98
Fable (Lost Chapt.) XBX $7.98
Air Flo Controller $3.98

I'm pretty sure I grabbed the last ones since they're not showing up on the update this morning. They had Blitz for $7.98 -- thought about getting it, but then backed out since I've got WAY too many games I haven't played.

Thankful I picked up those action replays -- they'll help me chug through a bunch of titles since I don't have time to play -- the irony!

Studying for the Lsat rediculous, u can only know steve's favorite colour if you know brians shoe size...weeee i'm glad it will be over December 2.

And those are some great deals on the action replays im gonna check after class.

[quote name='rocky76']went back and picked up fight night 3 for 7 dollars and change. It had no box and manual though. Just disc only. I didn't know they sold used games.. It was so cheap, I had to try it out.[/quote]

Yeah, I was surprised as well when I bought 'The Hobbit' for ps2 (for gstop trade fodder when they ran the trade 3 get extra $10.00). The game was not sealed, so I opened it, and sure enough it was used. It was in pristine condition, though, so for a buck or two I couldn't complain.

If someone buys this last copy of Quake 4 from the 37th Street CompUSA, please let me know. I was going to make a trip down there, but if someone already has bought it, I'll skip it.

Thanks!!

[quote name='whitereflection']I didn't pick them up, but at least one is gone now since they're no longer listed on the site (someone reported that items aren't listed if there's only one them in stock, and it seems true).

This was at 37th and Fifth Ave. If anyone goes to the other CompUSA on 57th, please post there with your haul.[/QUOTE]

picked up a gba micro for $40 and a city of heroes time card for $11...

the price went down from what it supposed to be, it was listed as $50 but i got it for $40

[quote name='anarchyburger']picked up a gba micro for $40 and a city of heroes time card for $11...

the price went down from what it supposed to be, it was listed as $50 but i got it for $40[/QUOTE]

That would be the 20% off promo we're all taking about. The price didn't actually go down, it is just a temporary sale - it might very well be back up to $50 on Sunday according to the flyer in my store (which says all the promos are good through Saturday, though it doesn't specifically say anything on the 20% red star section).

My Compusa has a couple of HP Ipods on the list for $50 which means I could get it for $40.. do you think it's worth getting one even if it's used? It looks like they list used ones as well on their clearance list.

Such weak will power :whistle2:( went and picked up Blitz: the League after reading the stellar reviews. Just $6.38 -- nice! They had a copy of Halo for $9.98 ($8 after 20% off) but since my copy of Halo 2 CE remains unopened ( not a fan of FPS games), this is one I'm NOT going back for ;-)

[quote name='io']That would be the 20% off promo we're all taking about. The price didn't actually go down, it is just a temporary sale - it might very well be back up to $50 on Sunday according to the flyer in my store (which says all the promos are good through Saturday, though it doesn't specifically say anything on the 20% red star section).[/quote]

sorry for my ignorance i didnt read any of the previous posts and i hadnt checked compusa for sale in a while since my local compusa didnt have anything good at all and now its closed

[quote name='anarchyburger']sorry for my ignorance i didnt read any of the previous posts and i hadnt checked compusa for sale in a while since my local compusa didnt have anything good at all and now its closed[/QUOTE]

Just letting you know in case there was anything else you wanted that was "Manager's Special" red star tagged - they should all come up 20% off! Go back and get more! ;)

I love that... with this sale they MARKED UP the other cheap 360 games. Such as Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo went back to $30. And Quake 4 and THAW were NO WHERE to be found :(

found Farcry instincts (xbox) for $2.88 and Lego Star wars non-PH $4.98, Battlefront 2 $4.98 and Call of Duty 2 Big red one $4.98...all xbox...

also saw Prey collectors edition for $29.99 and PDZ limited for $9.98 but they werent red star

Had a hell of a time finding any of the dvdrs on my local clearance list. Eventually had to ask someone and they found a single box from my list in the back room.

My local store has two of the black gameboy micros at 39.99 but still on the fence. I already have a ds lite so not sure if I would ever use it. Anyone find a use for both?

Did Battlefront 2 ring up for $4.98 or did they adjust it manually to $4.98? It's still $14.98 online and my local store's list still shows it at $14.98 so I was wondering if it might be one of those situtations where the store marks it down themselves.

Just by the way, I picked up a Micro and a clearance game today. I asked the manager (or employee who answers questions other employees have) whether the 20% would count for them, and he checked something on the computer, and said it would count for the game but not the Micro. But the computer took the 20% off anyway. At least for my store, the current promotion was in the computer even though the employees had no clue about it.

[quote name='Oddball']Just by the way, I picked up a Micro and a clearance game today. I asked the manager (or employee who answers questions other employees have) whether the 20% would count for them, and he checked something on the computer, and said it would count for the game but not the Micro. But the computer took the 20% off anyway. At least for my store, the current promotion was in the computer even though the employees had no clue about it.[/quote]

Yes this is what I ran into too. I asked if the 20% would be taken off and the clerk told me she could find out but she hit a button and the computer did it by itself se we didn't need any further help.

[quote name='Gara']Had a hell of a time finding any of the dvdrs on my local clearance list. Eventually had to ask someone and they found a single box from my list in the back room.

My local store has two of the black gameboy micros at 39.99 but still on the fence. I already have a ds lite so not sure if I would ever use it. Anyone find a use for both?[/QUOTE]

Gara, I loved AIR! Have you seen the movie?

On topic, it sounds like the additional 20% off is automatic now. Can anyone verify this?

score! the blue ds was $99, plus the manager's special. when that rang up, there was another $8 taken off. so, i got the blue ds phat for $71.98 before tax. sorry if this has been posted before, but i never go to compusa because of their high prices.

well, i went last night and was told ipods on the list were either defective ones waiting to go back to HP or non-existent.. I think they are not telling the truth. Do think they are saying that because they don't want to look for it?

I've gone back and forth over whether to get a Micro from my local CUSA, but even at $40, I can't bring myself to get it. With some of the new games coming out this month, and Christmas gifts to buy, I can't justify spending $40 plus tax for something that will most likely never be played more than once or twice.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']I've gone back and forth over whether to get a Micro from my local CUSA, but even at $40, I can't bring myself to get it. With some of the new games coming out this month, and Christmas gifts to buy, I can't justify spending $40 plus tax for something that will most likely never be played more than once or twice.[/quote]
I got one for $50 at a clearance, and my wife uses it all the time now. (we have no other portables, this is part og my CAG strategy - wait till no one wants it then get the system). We both love it - it is soooo portable.

Now I've ordered a Video/Mp3/text reader/rom emulator/SD card reader for the GBA, and I want one for myself to keep with me. I'd be willing to pay $50 shipped (priority) to a fellow Cag to pick one up for me - that includes a few $$ after tax and shipping for your trouble.

Please PM me if you can get me one - would prefer black (w/ silver plate, black border) but color not a big issue.

Otherwise, I do have $150 in amazon Gift certificates I could pay $70 there...or $50 plus tax for a used one at GS/EB. I'm sucked in good now.

[quote name='Gara']My local store has two of the black gameboy micros at 39.99 but still on the fence. I already have a ds lite so not sure if I would ever use it. Anyone find a use for both?[/QUOTE]

I love the GBM. It was an impulse buy from CompUSA, and I am surprised at how it has reignited my GBA gaming. I can't stand how the cart sticks out from the DSL, and the GBM is so small I keep it in my pocket at all times. At $100, it was overpriced Nintendo gouging. At $40, it's a must buy!

[quote name='adamsappel']I love the GBM. It was an impulse buy from CompUSA, and I am surprised at how it has reignited my GBA gaming. I can't stand how the cart sticks out from the DSL, and the GBM is so small I keep it in my pocket at all times. At $100, it was overpriced Nintendo gouging. At $40, it's a must buy![/quote]

i concur! i dont really like how the gba games stick out of the DSL at all either and it fits perfectly in my pocket and at $40 this is a steal of a deal!!

Alright! You guys sold me. I went back and purchased the last two micros in the store with the rest of my giftcard. This thing is so tiny! I wish the screen was a little bigger but I like it so far.

The compusa folk must have been bored because I had three of them hovering around me as I waited to have micros rung up. They all really really thought I should get the 5.00 replacement plan.

[quote name='whitereflection']Gara, I loved AIR! Have you seen the movie?

On topic, it sounds like the additional 20% off is automatic now. Can anyone verify this?[/quote]
Indeed! The whole series gets me all weepy everytime I watch it.

The first day it was a manual subtraction but it seems to be automatic now.

Found two Micro's at one CompUSA (their system has them as black, though they're the silver ones), one for me and one for Nemo_Hyde. Supposedly had 2 more at that store, and 3 Graphite GBA SP's.

Another store supposedly has three "black" (most likely silver) Micro's, and another store has 3 GBA SP's and 4 Micro's.

Edit: =====Shrike is working on this for me. ====
I would pay $50 shipped Priority for a Micro if someone could help me out. I prefer Black but Silver would do.

I also have a decent trade list if you want to trade, lots of sealed GCN stuff.

it might have been asked before, but does CompUSA price match?
I read on their terms of service that they do?
can anyone confirm that?

While I'm at it I might as well ask if anyone know if the prices on their website always reflect the prices in store (non clearence ones)
or do they have sales in store that is not on their site?

[quote name='WTFer']it might have been asked before, but does CompUSA price match?
I read on their terms of service that they do?
can anyone confirm that?

While I'm at it I might as well ask if anyone know if the prices on their website always reflect the prices in store (non clearence ones)
or do they have sales in store that is not on their site?[/quote]

I have had mine price match a couple of times but it is usually more a pain in the ass compared to say circuit city or bestbuy. As for normal prices I have never noticed any kind of difference. My store has 50% off sale items quite a bit that are not reflected or even stocked on the website but it is often total junk.

bread's done
Back