Contest (CAGcast #102) Win an HDTV, 1 Year of Old Spice, and Mad Catz Xbox 360 Pack!

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/do_you_want_to_be_longer_and_harder/

I don’t mind a game being difficult, as long as it’s not difficult in a way that is cheap. As long as it’s being fair about it, I’m content.
But I would rather have a shorter than longer game, I’m liking this trend of games being around 10 - 15 hours long and offsetting the game’s short length by having a fun and addictive multi-player component.

Posted by yukine on 01/13 at 06:09 AM

From "CES 2008: Format Wars Continue"

that’s a bad ass setup right there. I wish it was the centerpiece of my living room. I guess I’ll just have to enter the HDTV contest, but I really wish you folks were giving something like this away!

Posted by dubbfoolio on 01/11 at 02:28 PM

Advance Wars Days of Ruin Commercial

Oh, God I love Advance Wars. This is named dark Conflict over here in Europe. Looking forward to it, might have to ditch my old DS and buy a DS lite on launch day

Oh, and did I mention how handsome you look in the moonlight wombat?

Comment to the Goldeneye post:

"Goldeneye would definitely be a great addition to the XBLA library. I know many people who would actually buy 360s just to play this. The online multiplayer would have been amazing. I could once again terrorize my friends with Oddjob.

It's a shame that this isn't going to happen, but we can all dream can't we?"

From the keyboard post

This may be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen.
I’m not much of a computer gamer, but don’t pc games all let you configure the keyboard however you want, and nobody is going to be looking down at the keyboard to look at the keys while playing anyway. The only possible use is for someone who uses multiple languages that have different characters, but I assume a keyboard for a language with entirely different characters would be best with a totally different layout (more or fewer keys?).

Posted by happy on 01/13 at 04:30 PM

Comment to the contest post on UGO: "This is my magical CAG crossover post. Hope it wins." Posted by Run4Fun on 01/13 at 06:06 PM. And I do hope it wins.

CES 2008: Soul Calibur IV: A New Hope

I think this will make more people angry because of the exclusive SW characters to each system. This frustration will only last so long as 60 days after purchasing the game, it’ll be shelved or returned. Don’t get me wrong I like SC as much as anyone but lately the series is getting stale.

Posted by Bluemanrule on 01/13 at 06:12 PM

Just Like John Bonham, but Without the Sand Shark

That is a pretty sick set up he has there. I definitely love the drums over the guitar or singing.

Posted by Smeag on 01/13 at 06:37 PM

Just joined the CAG forums recently and new listener to the show… I can’t believe you guys give away such awesome prizes. Time to explore this UGO site.
pick me, pick me, pick me!!!!

Posted by Jello00 on 01/13 at 08:14 PM

Link

Listen CAGcast102 and Enter To Win an HDTV from UGO

grin.gif
Enjoyed the first CAGcast of the year. This is my post for the contest and yes i told 5 friends about UGO GamesBlog Wombat!!!

Posted by Mystic Heat on 01/11 at 02:31 PM

Listen CAGcast102 and Enter To Win an HDTV from UGO

I spread the word to my guild, good luck everyone!

Posted by Poet on 01/11 at 07:52 PM

TADA!

I told some of my buddies about the site...you might get some new folks stopping by, but the majority of them are lazy.

Posted by honeycut1 on 01/13 at 09:22 PM

I’m not a huge Star Wars fan, but this looks pretty cool. Don’t really like the splitting of characters, I would rather play as Darth Vader than Yoda.
Posted by Mr. Big on 01/13 at 10:02 PM

Here’s Mud in your Goldeneye, Or Xbox Loses a Rare Opportunity

This isn’t a system seller or anything, so I’m not sure why they can’t figure out a way to split the profits.

Unlike a lot of people, I think this game would still hold up today because it is such mindless fun. Games like CoD4 are great, but all the perks, weapons, air strikes, etc. can get a little complicated. Goldeneye is a simple, pick up and play FPS that is just fun.

I hate these ass holes for not giving me xbox live support on this.

Did you want to play Goldeneye on the 360? Yeah, I did too. Especially with the online multiplayer. Quick tangent, when I was in college (all the way back in a time when consoles ran on dinosaur blood), my roommates and I would play Rare’s masterpiece quite often. You see, the loser would have to do the dishes. Poor Doug, I bet he still has dishpan hands. But I digress. You see, the fine folks at 1up.com were kind enough to spill beans on how the deal went down. And by down, I mean down in flames. Not that is it a shocker, but Msoft and the big N just could not reach a mutually beneficial financial agreement. I just keep telling myself that memory is better than a Live Arcade rehash. If you don’t believe me, just play the demo for Tron.

I had a hard time getting into it on N64 when Quake 2 was available around the same time for PC. I can’t imagine it’d fair well vs. a game like Halo 3 these days.
Posted by Gainer on 01/14 at 12:49 AM

I say that Nintendo should allow them to put it on XBLA if Nintendo could have the permission to put it on the Virtual Console.

Posted by SteveDaWonder on 01/14 at 11:13 AM

CES 2008: ION Drums for Rock Band

I want it! I love playing the drums on rock band...but..the lay out of the kit is not realistic. Any improvement would be great! I hope the kick peddle dose not snap in half on this kit too.

Posted by Quadraponic on 01/14 at 11:18 AM

I told 5 friends and hopefully one of us wins, they can have the Old Spice the TV is MINE!
Posted by zerowing on 01/14 at 12:49 PM

I posted on the Here's mud in your Goldeneye =

"I wonder if they could put the original Perfect Dark on XBLA. I’d probably have more fun playing it than PD Zero. Personally I’d rather have 007, but what can you do?"
Posted by abudde on 01/14 at 12:50 PM
m
_uacct = "UA-2450172-1";urchinTracker();

Sent an email to about 6 people linking to the UGO Games Blog. It’s seems to be so far a good addition to the cag community.

Posted by cag1000 on 01/14 at 12:54 PM

Here you go - the good ol' copy and paste.

- - - - - -

Hmm...nothing like wearing a year’s supply of Old Spice and watching the fine art film, “Army of Darkness” on a brand new HD TV. I enjoy the CAGCAST and your new gig here on GAMESBLOG.

Posted by rhewes on 01/14 at 05:19 PM

I feel your pain Wombat. I think we have two things working against us. We have day jobs and we were born before the 90’s or even the 80’s.
I myself have given up trying to compete with the big boys or little boys as the case probably is. Maybe if there is a good match making system that would set me up with players of similar skill I’d give it a try.
If you really love the game then I’d say keep plugging away at it. Finding a mentor would also help with your game. Maybe we could create a grey gamers guild. Well I’m not grey yet, but I’m sure it’s around the corner. We could all play whenever we can be pulled away from work, wife, kids or grownup life.

Posted by Ishcor on 01/14 at 05:56 PM

No, COD 4, It’s Not You It’s Me

I tend to play mostly with people I know so that they are mostly at my level. But it’s hard to actually increase my skills that way. I would love some downloadable single player campaign missions.
Posted by karrrenick on 01/14 at 06:31 PM

"Here is my suggestion, Try playing “headquarters”, It the combat is closer therefore you do not have to worry about being shoot from different angles(for the most part). Stick with it though as it gets better the more you play and get used to the different ways the guns feel. if you are having trouble try using the mp5 with deep impact and the increased dmg perk. Good Luck. "

Posted by Jeffrey on 01/14 at 07:26 PM

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/no_cod_4_its_not_you_its_me/

bread's done
Back