CONTEST: Design a logo for CAG, win games!

Where do we mail you the images?

[quote name='Dragon Fly']This contest is a cool idea man, I like it a lot! I see a lot of great entries![/quote]

I'm sure you haven't seen the SERIOUS entries yet. Not till the 16th or so.

CheapyD...how's the selection process going to work? When will a winner be announced?

Are you going to Post your faves or post all of them?

Will there be voting? I'd suggest against this since it's easilly hacked on the internet.

I think you have to be the judge...It's your site dude.

(just remember...I work for games!)

What would you say the max size could be? 120x60 is a bit small.
I know you said it could be a little larger, but to what extent?

[quote name='mcwilliams132']I'm sure you haven't seen the SERIOUS entries yet. Not till the 16th or so.[/quote]
I hope not. No offense to anyone, including myself, but I've only seen one entry that I really like.

Dear CheapyD, :p

While the logo contest is a cool idea, I'd have to say that I'm a little mystified by your reward system. Instead of "1 free game up to $50 of your choice", you should change it to "as many games as you can get for up to $50 bucks!! 8) That seems more in keeping with the traditions of this hallowed institution.

[quote name='atreyue']Dear CheapyD, :p

While the logo contest is a cool idea, I'd have to say that I'm a little mystified by your reward system. Instead of "1 free game up to $50 of your choice", you should change it to "as many games as you can get for up to $50 bucks!! 8) That seems more in keeping with the traditions of this hallowed institution.[/quote]

I'm sure CheapyD could work that out. That seems reasonable to me. And if you're logo is used (you get 2 games - valued at $100) I'd say the same rule would apply. As many games as $100 can carry you.

But you all have nothing to worry about. I'll be winning anyways. ;)

I submitted my 4 entries to CheapyD. I'm just waiting to have them posted.....

Also, I think Gothic Walrus's logo is more serious than joke. I think it's the best logo I have seen so far, but I don't see in any way how it is a joke. I think his should win (well, I haven't seen the other serious entries) and be put on the main page.

CheapyD, I think you should put a little store together, and put the winning logo on a t-shirt or something. I'd definately buy one and wear it to school if the winner were Gothic Walrus's (as it does not say "ass" for school). I'd buy one no matter what for outside of school and stuff like that. Also, did you get my 4 entries?

[quote name='Sharrock2003']Here's mine....

cagbanner.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='CheapyD']CONTEST: Design a logo for CAG, win games!

Don't use any copywritten material that will get me in trouble.[/quote]

Most of them are retail sites that sell a product. In which case it could be deemed as an advertisement for the type of product it sells.

Well, in a way, don't we sell things? Maybe not directly, but we help other places sell things i guess. lol

If it's not PUBLIC DOMAIN or you do not have authorization to use a copyrighted trademark...you can't use it.

Just becuase "everyone else does it" does not make it legal.

Here's the Copyright statement from Nintendo.com. You can expect the same from any other site (microsoft, sony...)
>>
Nintendo Copyright Policy

All content on this website, including articles, artwork, screen shots, graphics, logos,
digital downloads and other files, is the property of Nintendo of America Inc., unless
owned by a third party, and is protected by United States and international copyright,
trademark and other intellectual property laws. Trademarks and copyrights for third-party
games and characters are owned by the companies that market or license those products.

What does that mean?

All content on this website, including articles, artwork, screen shots, graphics, logos,
digital downloads and other files, may not be used on any other web site, in any
publications, in public performances, in connection with any product or service that
is not Nintendo's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, in
any manner that disparages or discredits Nintendo, or in any manner that is otherwise
exploitative for any commercial purpose or that otherwise infringes Nintendo's
intellectual property rights.

Can I write in and request permission?

Nintendo does not grant permission to individuals to use any content from this website.
Because we receive thousands of such requests, our policy is to decline use of our trademarks and copyrights.
>>
End of story...

Nintendo isn't gonna target some god damn website for using a pic of Mario on a logo. Honestly, you people are blowing this out of proportion.

[quote name='Sharrock2003']Nintendo isn't gonna target some god damn website for using a pic of Mario on a logo. Honestly, you people are blowing this out of proportion.[/quote]

Really? Microsoft might sue every site that hsa an Xbox logo or character on it... I work for a site that is on the list that might get sued... Think before you speak...

[quote name='Sharrock2003']Trust me, I've seen plenty of fan sites for games that have loads of pics of game characters. Believe me, its perfectly legal.[/quote]

lol who are you Copyright law guy??

Legal or not CheapyD asked for it not to be there.

Welp, I guess that ends that discussion, now time to see more submissions. :)

[quote name='I Ghost I'][quote name='Sharrock2003']Nintendo isn't gonna target some god damn website for using a pic of Mario on a logo. Honestly, you people are blowing this out of proportion.[/quote]

Really? Microsoft might sue every site that hsa an Xbox logo or character on it... I work for a site that is on the list that might get sued... Think before you speak...[/quote]

I know of plenty a news story reporting a company going after "average joes" for copyright infringment (microsoft being a big one that goes after anyone...even if it's a pro-microsoft site). It happens all the time.

Enough said on the topic. Consider it closed. You should respect the property of others.

If you post an entry with copyrighted images (that are not yours), you won't even be considered.

Besides, you're not being oringinal anyways.

I don't think Nintendo would want Mario representing a "cheap ass." Besides, CAG does not own the rights to use Mario however they please.

Stated by Mcwilliams:
"Enough said on the topic. Consider it closed. You should respect the property of others.

If you post an entry with copyrighted images (that are not yours), you won't even be considered."

mcwilliams, just wondering, and I know I as well should not be speaking, but who gave a 10-post newbie the authority to belt out rules without CheapyD around?

[quote name='Brad906']Stated by Mcwilliams:
"Enough said on the topic. Consider it closed. You should respect the property of others.

If you post an entry with copyrighted images (that are not yours), you won't even be considered."

mcwilliams, just wondering, and I know I as well should not be speaking, but who gave a 10-post newbie the authority to belt out rules without CheapyD around?[/quote]

a 10 post newbie eh. this ^ post coming from a 12 post newbie. Refer to what CheapyD said in his first post in this thread and you will see that the "10 post newbie" was belting out a reminder of a rule that CheapyD posted. Now as I stated earlier, CheapyD asked that copyright images not be used, respect his wishes, drop this discussion, and lets get back to the submissions.

bread's done
Back