CONTEST: Design a logo for CAG, win games!

There are "fair use" laws concerning copyrighted property. You can use logos of other such companies for fair use such as promotion of their products. Using it to associate your brand with it is not fair use...such as putting someone elses logo inside yours. A store that sells Xbox items would be fine using the logo in promotional material such as a print ad. You dont need permission to do that.

The CheapAssGamer logo needs to be unique and its a stupid topic to even discuss since that should be extremely obvious. Not only is it common sense but he posted it plainly in the rules.

[quote name='Supernothing'][quote name='Brad906']Stated by Mcwilliams:
"Enough said on the topic. Consider it closed. You should respect the property of others.

If you post an entry with copyrighted images (that are not yours), you won't even be considered."

mcwilliams, just wondering, and I know I as well should not be speaking, but who gave a 10-post newbie the authority to belt out rules without CheapyD around?[/quote]

a 10 post newbie eh. this ^ post coming from a 12 post newbie. Refer to what CheapyD said in his first post in this thread and you will see that the "10 post newbie" was belting out a reminder of a rule that CheapyD posted. Now as I stated earlier, CheapyD asked that copyright images not be used, respect his wishes, drop this discussion, and lets get back to the submissions.[/quote]

supernothing, i said i shouldnt be taking either, but was i belting out rules? Maybe CheapyD might allow copyrighted stuff to be used if it's for a joke entry. He never specified about the joke category.

[quote name='Brad906'][quote name='Supernothing'][quote name='Brad906']Stated by Mcwilliams:
"Enough said on the topic. Consider it closed. You should respect the property of others.

If you post an entry with copyrighted images (that are not yours), you won't even be considered."

mcwilliams, just wondering, and I know I as well should not be speaking, but who gave a 10-post newbie the authority to belt out rules without CheapyD around?[/quote]

a 10 post newbie eh. this ^ post coming from a 12 post newbie. Refer to what CheapyD said in his first post in this thread and you will see that the "10 post newbie" was belting out a reminder of a rule that CheapyD posted. Now as I stated earlier, CheapyD asked that copyright images not be used, respect his wishes, drop this discussion, and lets get back to the submissions.[/quote]

supernothing, i said i shouldnt be taking either, but was i belting out rules? Maybe CheapyD might allow copyrighted stuff to be used if it's for a joke entry. He never specified about the joke category.[/quote]

No, you weren't belting out rules, but why should you care if someone else did? Calm down.

change.gif

-danger

yeah the coin one is cool------whats the little word under it, the first letter looks like the first letter of the Disney logo, lol

it says "Danger 2004", if CheapyD wants me to remove it, i dont mind, i just put that there cuz you always got some turds trying to steal cool ideas from other people.

-your pal, me

[quote name='Supernothing'][quote name='Brad906']Stated by Mcwilliams:

What does the "number of posts" have ANYTHING to do with the legality of using copyrighted trademarks?

I appologize for speaking for CheapyD. If it were up to me - and it's not - I would not allow or even consider a submission with trademarked logos. But that's just me. Although, I was trying to make a point that CheapyD did state that he'd prefer that they not be used.

Enough said...may the best submission win. (oh yeah...that's mine)

I simply stated the post count because I found it odd that someone that had 12 post at the time called someone with 10 post a "10 post newbie" who was "belting out rules". I'm with you mcwilliams, it says in the first post in this thread no copyright material, and you were only reminding peeps of that.

[quote name='Anonymous']Hi, I just heard about this website from a friend who also told me about this contest. I will probably create some more images but this is the first that came to mind. 8)

cag_logo.gif
[/quote]

damn that is a nice logo.

Wait, I have yet to enter my submission, and since CheapyD has to give a specific time to which it ends, it's only fair until tomorrow. I have 5 submissions ready to submit which I will hafter I had the finishing touches to i.t

No no, he said last day is the 16th, so that means this is the last day to enter submissions. I have about 6 or 7 ready, but it's getting late, so I'll upload them tomorrow and post them then.

I can't wait to see some of the designs people came up with, I'm sure there are some really good ones :)

I wonder how many stayed within the dimensions for the logo?

[quote name='Werewolf']I can't wait to see some of the designs people came up with, I'm sure there are some really good ones :)

I wonder how many stayed within the dimensions for the logo?[/quote]

Dimensions don't matter if the logo is bigger than what Cheapy wanted. In fact the bigger the better cause then you can shrink it to whatever you want and still have a large logo for other things.

[quote name='"Scrubking"'][quote name='Werewolf']Dimensions don't matter if the logo is bigger than what Cheapy wanted. In fact the bigger the better cause then you can shrink it to whatever you want and still have a large logo for other things.[/quote]They don't have to be exact if it is close or a bit bigger, but he said no large or big banner size logos... you can shrink it but if the logo is too big you might not be able to read/see if it has to be shrinked a lot.

hoted them on villagephotos.com or hostedimage.com. they're pretty good, and free. also, cheapy did say it end on the 15, on the front page

[quote name='dynamite99']hoted them on villagephotos.com or hostedimage.com. they're pretty good, and free. also, cheapy did say it end on the 15, on the front page[/quote]

Am I the only one that can see here?

"Contest ends 1/16/04." That means today, so today was the last day to submit any entries.

Date must have been pushed back 1 day. CheapyD edited the note last week. (Jan 9). Probably just to end it on a Friday.

Originally it was the 15th.

[quote name='mcwilliams132']Date must have been pushed back 1 day. CheapyD edited the note last week. (Jan 9). Probably just to end it on a Friday.

Originally it was the 15th.[/quote]

I never saw it when it said the 15th, or maybe I did and I forgot, whatever. It says the 16th now, so that's all that matters.

I sent in about 7 logos to CheapyD and they haven't been posted yet, so I am taking the liberty to post them myself.

it appears i can only do 1 at a time, so here we go!

ONE: JOKE/SERIOUS ENTRY:

gong.JPG

[quote name='Brad906']I sent in about 7 logos to CheapyD and they haven't been posted yet, so I am taking the liberty to post them myself. [/quote]He will post them, don't rush the poor guy ;)

He said submission date was the 16th, he didn't say he would post them right away. He is probably going through all the entries and deciding which ones he likes best and then when he is done with that I think he said there will be a poll to help decide which one to pick, though the polls really don't decide the winner CheapyD has the final say... which he should seeing it's his site ;)

When right-clicking on the images to "View image", you get to the following page:

VillagePhotos.com
Access Denied (Usage Limit)

The owner of this file has exceeded their daily usage limit.

Looks like it's time to find a new host. This one seems tapped out.

-CaspianX

[quote name='CheapyD']I got close to 200 entries here...so give me a chance to go through them and get them organized.[/quote]

Sure thing. ::sits::

I am pretty sure you will find your logo this time, you do have around 200 to choose from, well i know a lot of them ,if not most of them are going to suck try to hurry man i cant wait to see the results ,You should be done by the 20th...

Don't sound so confident. I made about 10 of them, and I took time and consideration into them. I'm sure there are quite a few other submitters that put in quite a bit of effort too. I wouldn't knock anyone until we see what they have done.

Illustrator and a pencil. I had another design I wanted to submit, but didn't have the time to generate the image. Would have involved digging up the 3D vector plugin I haven't used since I moved. I didn't read about the contest until close to the deadline, sadly.

I was wondering the same thing NACON3000...

I used :
PhotoShop 6
I used Illustrator 10 for one...

Another question would be, who does graphics/design for a living?

I do web develepment/design for one of the nation's largest flexible packaging manufacturers...

I'm not really doing graphics design for a living, but I have completed three years of college for an associate degree in multimedia. I've actually done more than Photoshop in college, I also took quite a few 3-D classes using Maya.

I have done a couple of projects on the side for a local restaraunt (promotional material), but that's about it. I do maintain, develop and write for my own website (which there is a link in my signature), but that's pretty much the only multimedia related thing I've got going on now.

bread's done
Back