Contest Over - Win one of 4 copies of Contra 4 (DS)!

I enjoyed the "If You Can Make any Game Movie" post. Personally, I think Eli Roth might actually be oddly intrigued if he had "Portal" to work with...

Very funny article.

Definitely the article, "Support the Gamer's Charity." It's heart warming to see some recognition for the young ones who aren't as fortunate. And I didn't expect to see a blog for it on a gaming site.

Definitely "Game Developer's Theatre: Pinata Edition"—for three reasons:

1) It's funny
2) It's a clever tie-in with the CAG Cast
3) You spelled "Theatre" the British way...very classy.

Keep up the good work Wombat!

My favorite has to be

"Playing Portal, For Real"

There are just too many things that are not just funny, but pretty damned quirky as far as ideas go. Nice one.

"You Want to be Longer and Harder?"
Heh. Funny little post with a humorous title. The article actually reminds me of my brother(s). I have 3 other siblings and half of us are competitive (including me), while the other half are really recreational gamers. Although we all occasionally compete against each other, gaming is ultimately just for fun. =]

My favorite post by Wombat was about what to make his character in Mass Effect because i have been mulling that over as well. It's even harder than picking what to be in Oblivion!!! Welll hope i win that gme Copter 4 or whatever :) so i can play it on my Sega Genesis DS laterz.

I've got to say that this is mine:
http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/hitman_or_hitmen_the_poster_controversy_continues/

By the way, this contest tricked me into reading all of your back posts, so mission accomplished. :)

There's something about that story being mentioned by Slate that makes me proud. A big, real, respected mainstream internet-media publication reads the same nerdy news sources that I do! It makes me imagine that there's a guy in some crappy Slate office building who's surfing the internet and looking for today's inspiration so that he can hammer out an article and then go home and play Gears of War on Live (my favorite online shooter in spite of its shortcomings).

My favorite is actually the one of the pictures of his work area. It's really interesting to see the inside of where the magic of a website happens.

I've got to go with Do You Want To Be Longer And Harder? if only because I completely agree. I'd much rather a game be fun but easy than be an exercise in frustration.

if you could make any game a movie... wins for me, especially because of the pic of the Mario Brothers movie art.. and Tim Burton's Legend of Zelda would rock.... i mean ofcourse with that said Johnny Depp would have to be Link...how would that work?

My favorite has got to be this one titled "If you could make any game a movie...". Who wouldn't want to see another Coen brothers movie...especially ones where your hunting for squirrels and finding out that you broke your leg.

If you could make any game a movie.....

why? not because of editorial comment or stylistic brilliance...but simply the mention of Oregon Trail, Metroid, M. Night, and the Coen Bros. All favs. of mine.

The Zelda post was good and I was laughing for quite awhile, I thought I read something similar to that in a magazine a few years back. The comments are just as good too.

"Just Say No, To Gaming?"

Why? Because I finally found someone else with a similar love of Wally Bear and the NO! Gang - and Wombat is both informative and oh-so-witty.

I'm going to say "Game Developer's Theatre: Pinata Edition" because I love the biting sarcasm (plus I get a kick out of imagining of those pinatas hitting Mario Lopez with sticks until candy shoots out in a twisted orgy of irony and violence). Hopefully Game Developer's Theatre will become become kind of a weekly schtick.

Mine favorite is the "A Very Halo Birthday" post.
It just reminded me of getting super Mario Bros 3 for Christmas while my family was away from home in the protection program and we couldn’t leave the house without a policeman. But that’s a different story...

Playing Portal, For Real because I like the idea of Japan having portal technology all these years, but never really getting around to making a profit from it because they're too busy researching and developing mechs instead.

Having My Cake. Because seriously, Portal is awesome.

One of the hardest parts about Portal is that even though the first 18 levels are pretty fun, they do not compare to the finale. So until someone finishes it, they probably can't understand what all the fuss is about.

100 Xbox live games! Why should I care if Microsoft doesn't?

because the whole article is so true about why XBLA sucks, and I pointed out in a comment that it was 1000 games that was released, and wondered why I was ignored, and realized how dumb I was, and that it was actually a 100 : )

bread's done
Back