CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

i didnt have time to read all the pages, so is the site going to be ran by cheapy from over there? or new ownership?

well congrats, i think it would be sweet to go over thete for a stint. you should set up some kind of game exchange or a small shop under an assumed name so we can get the funky japanese games over here for a smaller fee. yes!

EDIT: oh yea, whens the drawing, i did not see the date in the op.

I would like to see a video of cheapyd standing in the middle of a crowded public place shouting curses in english and watching most japanese people stand there not knowing what's going on. (My friend did this when he went to japan)

Damn! Nice list of games for this contest! :drool:

I'd like to see Cheapy try to fit in a subway seat once he gets to Tokyo. I have trouble fitting in seats in the US and I imagine they are even tighter over there.

I'm thinking this will get about 500+ entries :lol: Hope I'me the lucky one!

NOooo... why is CheapD moving to Japan?
The games are much more expensive there and I heard my japanese friends said sushi arent really cheap there also. Yeah, sure, the sakura fly in spring, but games are not CHEAP!!!

*cry about CheapD's moving*

Hopfully we will see you in cosplay or something with Mrs.CheapD.
Homer & Marge will do~make U.S proud!!

Good luck with the move. Are you picking up a Japanese PS2 when you're settled in?
Have a safe flight.

(lol at State of Emergency.)

Hope you have a good time there. It's cool that you get to work with CAG full time now :D. I wish i could move to Japan for the great authentic sushi!

Alright. Definitely count me in on this one. At least you can replace all these games with some quality anime once you get over there.

I want to see CheapyD go to Japan and beat everyone in a Hot Dog eating contest- it's only fair, they send people over here and beat us all the time!

Let me see, I guess you could go to the Headquarters of Sony and steal a few PS3 and ship them to me.

I hope I win and have agood time in Japan.

I would like to see CheapyD try to fit into one of those single person hotel "cubes" that they have in Tokyo:) Also if I were to win your collection I believe it should be held in storage in case you ever return.

[quote name='Brak']I'd like to see you host your very own CAG television program out of Tokyo. Afterall, bald white guys are considered gods among men there.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Note to self ... move to Tokyo!

Japan man! Learn the language before you go, because once you get there it is even harder, cuz all the teachers speak Japanese.

Good luck there-make sure to send postcards!

Japan is a nice country. Cheapy should ravage the Japanese like Godzilla. *Roar* Cheap games *roar* Take that Tokyo Dome.

r1s3n

[quote name='commish']I would like to see Cheapy D dress up as a video game character, like many other people in Tokyo do.[/QUOTE]

if he dresses up like a video game character, he should dress up as someone from street fighter or final fantasy

I'd like to see Cheapy learn how to speak Japanese better. That way he'll be able to understand it when someone tries to insult him or rip him off in a cheap ass deal.

I think Cheapy should see PRIDE FC live in Japan, good luck! Count me in the contest, start doing JUDO once your there its awesome

Wow, that's a lot of stuff.... Have fun in Japan, and remember to watch your back from Kancho Assassins and their deadly arts.

I was in Tokyo a couple months ago, and I walked around aimlessly trying to find some anime goodies (Naruto, Bleach). We need the CAG anime store!

count me in. love japanese culture, history, games, anime, manga, everything japanese including but not limited to cute, petite, japanese girls wearing school uniforms *with big breast-ises*. CheapyD, are you gonna turn into ero-sennin? Dont you love how asians love american culture, and us americans love asian culture, global culture coming soon.

I'm gonna throw in my vote for seeing Cheapy cosplay a video game costume ;)

Oh, and get your picture taken with Godzilla! It's his off season for trashing Tokyo, so I'm sure he'd be cool with posing for a few shots...

Something about Japan:

I hope to one day visit Japan because it is the "Mecca" of the videogame world.

Winning your games:

This would be awesome! A majority of them I do not own and the few I do I would share with friends and family.

What I would like Cheapy to do:

It would be awesome to see you in a Godzilla parody scene. Have a minature scale Japan with you walking through and ever so often pan to a Japan citizen looking up moving his mouth with poor voice-over overlapping; since you're holding a mike in your avatar maybe even have an interview with the locals. Also while your storming through you should be wearing a shirt either saying "I Love NY" or "I Love CAG's".

Well that is my two cents. Good luck in Japn cheapy and thanks for the contest.

Congrats to you and the Mrs., Sounds like an amazing adventure (yes, you can read the jealousy between the lines!)

The contest is very generous of you, I'm sure everyone appreciates it.

I think what would be extremely cool for you to start doing would be a little open diary on your experiences in living in Japan. Give us all an insight on customs, sights, experiences that may surprise you, etc. Stuff you don't learn about just watching Japanese movies and playing Japanese games. You could even make it as an extension of your Cagcasts.

Hope your time there is amazing!

Congratz on the change of scenery...somewhere, someplace, I'm sure the Best Buy, Gamestop, and Game Rush management are sharing a toast of Sake...

Wow Cheapy, this is awesome. I've always wanted to go to Japan. The culture, the history, etc. has always fascinated me. To live there would be incredible!

I hope everything works out for you and your family!

Please hook us up with cheap import games CheapyD. That would be great. Can you speak and understand Japanese? Best of luck to you CheapyD.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to more pics of Cheapy in a kimono standing over a toilet!

Also, how about autographing some of the prizes? You're like a celebrity around these parts. :)

I would like to see a picture of getting his head rubbed by 3 (hot) japanese women as they all hold video games and anime, then we know he can die a happy man.

Awesome contest, you so good to us, in your honor I'm going to shave my head and become an even bigger cheap ass. That means no more dinner for the girlfriend, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Also while you're there, shake the hand of Shigeru Miyamoto are all the awesome things he's done. Then punch him in the gut and tell him he'd better not ruin the Revolution.

Wow! Living in Japan would be very nice and an experience to cherish. Just avoid all wells, houses where anyone who enters dies, strange little boys who cry like cats. Not sure if Ms. Cheapy would appreciate it, but maybe you'll run into some music magazine photographer's hot wife. In any case, have a great time in Japan.

-Venent

I once saw a Japanese "Jackass" type of show where the host walked up calmly to people on the streets and screamed in their faces. It is imperative that Cheapy does the same thing as soon as he arrives.

Thanks for the best contest yet and for everything you have done for the site. Rest assured that if I win, your games will be going to a good home.

Take some pictures of you in a large crowd so we can start playing "Where's Cheapy?"

I visited Tokyo a few years back, and loved it. I remember thinking this is the one of the few places on earth that public drunkeness is considered polite behaviour :)

Repongi baby !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back