CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Have fun in Japan.

Remember that when in Japan, it is not called "Japanese food", rather it is call "food".

Back to lurking,
Mike

Congrats, to you cheapy! :applause: You now get to run your site full time, live in a beautiful area, and you could get all the new fucking video games 1st!(plus all the awesome things, that don't make it over to the states)

What line of work does your wife do?

And if I win I will give* some of the stuff away on cag(I will have a contest or I'll just give them away, I'll give back to the great people on this site), mainly the xbox games(I don't have one)

Also I would like to see cheapy dress up like solid snake(cardboard box and all) , and sneak around tokyo, and see how many unsuspecting people he can creep up on.

* disclaimer: IF js1 does win contest, and will give away games,depending on how many games are being sent there might be a S/H of 2.00 for 1st class shipping(bubble mailers cost money) or maybe no charges at all beotches!!!

Cheapy- I have a buddy of mine who's living in Miyama (Mexican-American teaching Japanese kids English and a lil Spanish), and who knows about some of the japanese game deals they have going on. He was supposed to get me a used PSP for $100us and a 1gig Memory Stick Duo for $40us, but the damn game shop where he lives went up to $150US on used PSPs. He said it's the same in Akihabara too. So, good luck with Tokyo, Cheapy. I'll eventually get over there.

Oh yea, send me swag. ^_^

Good luck my friend. Let us know if you see any girls resembling those creepy ones from The Grudge or the original The Ring. Better yet...if you see any Japanese Horror shows, give us your review. If you can send us some of their insanely creative/weird commercials (Mr. Sparkle---The Simpons's reference), it would be great if you could post them. Take care!

I like Japan, but I like free games more.

Good enough? No?

How about: Japan boasts some of the worst deposits of iron in the world. Which is why authentic Katanas are so brittle, and it's primary fencing technique relies on avoiding striking your opponent's weapon with yours.

An offer you couldn't refuse, Cheapy? I think that before long, we're going to see Cheapy sporting some serious tats for his new job as Yakuza enforcer!

So in accordance with the contest rules, I will say that I hope Cheapy escapes justice from his heinous crimes while living in Japan.

One of the Best Bond movies (and books) ever, "You Only Live Twice" takes place in Japan. Maybe CheepyD can get that to be the next Bond video game made now that he'll be on location.

Have fun in the East,

Tony

I want CheapyD to become a pop culture phenomenon in Japan! He should have his own anime series, endorsement deals, and J-Pop album. Capatalizing on this fame, he should take over a major gaming company like Sony or Capcom. Don't forget us little people at CAG when you hit it big, Cheapy!

You should set up a side business selling hard to find import items to those of us back in the states.

Also, if you don't already know Japanese, I'd put learning it at the top of my list of priorities.

For great books set in or about Japan, read the following:
"Black Wind" by F. Paul Wilson
"Rain Fall", "Hard Rain", "Rain Storm" and "Killing Rain" by Barry Eisler

And, as a side note, both authors are great guys. Plus, F. Paul Wilson's "Repairman Jack" may soon become a new videogame character!! Whoo Hoo!!!

i'd like to see cheapyd run into capcom HQ dresses as Ryu or Ken, yell out hadoken, shoryuken, tatsumakisempukyaku, do a win pose, then run out.

Id like for cheapyD to start getting us GLOBAL import deals in a mass order(s) for hot new import games, AND for cheapyD to takes lots of pictures with those hot import girls...

sidenote: in japan, they trick out VANS (like the people do cars here) and they have big robots too....

id just get a robot, in vans, to trick...

loller...

Me and few of my friends are planing on going to Japan just to see the sights once we save up enough money. Just don't drink at all in a karaoke bar in Japan. Unless you are planning on going up on stage with a Hello Kittie outfit on to start singing and dancing. Nice game collection that you have their

Very cool Cheapy. I wish you and yours the very best in your endeavors!

If you're looking for some good reading on the plane on your way to Japan might I recommend a very interesting look at Japan's political infrastructure and such called Dogs and Demons. I found it to be a very interesting somewhat critical look at a country that is often romanticized here in the west.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/08...9?v=glance&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glance

Above all, have fun and enjoy the excitement of moving to another country!

I wanna see D do a photo expose at one of them seedy massage parlors!

Also, I will play all of the games 'cause I'm a starving artist. :D

Hey Cheapy,

Be sure and visit the statue of Godzilla and bow for me! Im sure my kids would be thrilled if all those games came, lol. Just have fun in Tokyo, and be sure and tell Mrs D you appreciate her every day.

Stay at a Full Service Ryoken and enjoy a daliy Onsen. It will improve your health.

Oh and if you get a chance try blowfish or fugu in Japanese. It is a delicacy but also the most dangerous fish in the world to eat. Make sure the sushi chef is licensed to prepare fugu.

Now enter me for a chance to win that sweet stash!

Wow, this is a contest I can live with.

And here's a random fact: in Japan, computers aren't very popular because it is difficult to type Japanese on a keyboard due to the HUGE number of characters they use for writing.

Oh, and Cheepy, if you happen to find a game called "Radient Silvergun" for the Saturn over there, take my advice and pick it up ;)

I will be going to Japan as a wedding present to my future bride when we get married. In a few years and I always have wanted to go there because of the way some of my family has described it to me from there travels in that area.

I would like CheapyD to consider some form of Cheap-Ass Import Service. From Cheapy to Wombat to you! Or something. I mean, we all know where he's going to be when he's not playing games or running the website. No reason he can't be bribed into picking up a copy of My My Katamari for me.

Japan is an amazing country. I stand in awe of what they've accomplished in just the last fifty years. This little island country has come out of nowhere to become an international powerhouse in electronics, automobiles, etc., and they're even buying up landmark real estate in the U.S. now.

I've love to see CheapyD become fluent in Japanese and hold interviews with the gaming locals there to give those of us in the cheap seats a better understanding of how natives of the video game homeland now view the industry. (He would have to translate this for those of us lacking multi-lingual skills. . .) :D

I really, really, desperately, sexually need to see a video of you as you Gajin-Smash™ your way through a Tokyo subway; sending the undoubtedly much shorter Asian populace flying in all directions. If you want to make the video better, while you're doing it, yell things like "Out of the way;American coming through!"

ProTip: Fling your arms in wide arcs for maximum results.

The one thing I would like you to do while in Japan is get a jersey from the show Prince of Tennis and then go to any tennis court and play someone right handed, lose. Then switch to your left hand and say "Mada Mada Dane" and kick their ass!

Oh or you could just go on a hunt for school girls wearing strawberry panties! And of course you would post pics

good luck and have fun in Japan. I'd love to go there someday also. I think i'll get some Japanese lesson first. Anyways, i hope i win your games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back