CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Thanks Cheapy!

I would like to see a special about "Americana" in Japan. Eat at American restraunts, go to Walmart, and etc telling us any strange differences between the east and west. :D

I'd like to see a part of the website about the japanese gaming scene and you gotta get in on the cosplay action there in the land of the rising sun.

Cheapy D in Akihabara or at LAOX. Need we say more?

Yes, I have one thing to say. Please make an online doujinshi about gaming culture. Who knows? Some company called Enterbrain might want to invest in your operations. ^_~

I think your best bet for entertainment will be to walk around wearing a toga, and piss people off when you ask them why they're staring at your kimono.

I'd just like to have it properly rubbed in my face how much good stuff we don't get imported to the US. Also... I'd love to have rubbed in my face the earlier release dates.

Seriously, gotta go with Scorch on this one. A "Virtual" tour of some of the game stores in Japan and maybe some of the major companies themselves if possible, would be very appreciated. Oh, and pictures of Cheapy actually playing arcade games.... rub that one in our faces too.... we like it that way!

Oh yea, and from what my buddy Nando (the teacher) tells me, Condom World is a must see, if anything for the variety of products. And find the nearest "Book-off" and learn it's store hours. He's found all kinda stuff there used cheap. He got me Vampire Savior for Saturn disk-only for $5us, and Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter for Saturn complete for $10us. They've been a godsend for me and I don't even live there.

Reminds me, I need to place an order with him before he comes back for x-mas.

Wow, I'd have to get an Xbox if I won ;) . Something I'd be glad to do, though. I've been to Japan before when I graduated High School. My 2 week trip was the best time I ever had. Amazing people and amazing food. Be sure to check out Shabuya for the night life - it's f'n crazy. I remember the arcades being pretty popular there, take some shots of the unique JPN arcade games.

I for one would be amused if after a few months cheapy grew out his hair and styled it into some huge anime-esque spikes (i.e. goku)

now that would be funny.

studying ancient forms of martial arts with creepy old men with cool beards would be a plus also.

I hope that the flow of PS3/Revolution news will turn into a mighty flood as CheapyD moves to the Center of Gaming Power. (Apologies to Billy G)

Are you bringing your xbox? Will it fit in your new place? Ah, who cares, the 360 will be released 2 weeks after the launch here. Good luck to you and your wife.

If I were to somehow win this contest, I'd offer my personal protection to CheapyD while he's in Japan.

Fings break, Colonel. Fings burn.

It really sucks that your moving to Tokyo but good luck anyway and I'm glad you guys have an opportunity at more $. Thanks for this awesome site and I wish you all the best luck to you and Mrs. CheapyD as well as myself because I want to win. Thanks.

I'd go nuts if I moved to Japan. I'd check out the subway system and go to all kinds of different cities. I'd try all the foods and see how different it is or if it's any fresher. I'd hit all the game and toy stores for the best deals. I wonder what their CAG selections are like? I bet I'd be in shmups heaven.

If I could win this lot I'd even pay you for the shipping.

Best wishes and good luck.

You should turn Japanese in every room of your apartment before you even unpack (and after you send Mrs. Cheapy out to find sushi). It's just so appropriate...

I want to see Cheapy D go up to a Japanese Police Officer and tell him a Short Dark haired man stole his wallet.

I think I should get San Andreas for the XBox and/or other stuff because CheapyD's life now officially rocks. He gets to live in Japan with all the huge-breasted women and cool robots, he has a wife, and he doesn't have to work anymore. Whereas I have no wife, no robots, no huge breasts, and I do have to work. Hard. :(

CheapyD, I would like you to post a video on this site of you singing Pac Man Fever at a karaoke bar in Japan. Whether I win or (probably) not, at least sing Pac Man Fever at a karaoke bar for me, and start it out like "This one's for you cleaver!" like Stevie Nicks does in Landslide.

Cheapy, you gotta visit Tokyo Disneyland! Also, if you have time someday, take a bunch of cool pictures for us..... especially of the crazy gaming stuff they have there.

Cheapy= what prefecture of Tokyo are you gonna be in? I just realized that my other buddy from College is still in the Tokyo area. Last I remember, he was living right near Shibuya, again doing the teaching thing. The only thing stopping me is my unfinished college degree. Once that's done, I'm gone to Nippon (Japanese for Japan).

http://www.metro.tokyo.jp/ENGLISH/

Oh man. I envy you so much. Ever since I got into import gaming, I've been looking for those obscure, quirky titles that will never make it to the U.S. so if you find any cool games, please let me know!

I want CAG to feature deals from Japan and even show some of the games they dont sell in America on the site. Even take pics of the game stores.

And good luck with your Red DS.

I want to thank cheapy for such a wonderful website that i was very proud to be a part of. I wish you the best in Tokyo, and I hope that life there suits you well. Thanks a lot man, you are a stand up guy, and you will be missed here in the US. While you are there, look up Tim Rogers, www.largeprimenumbers.com, and you guys might hit it off. Good luck and goodnight!

Wow, what an opportunity, though it does suck that you have to get rid of so much stuff.
I'd love to go to Japan. I'd also like to win your games :)

Add an Akihabara-deals forum to CAG; you could have the man-in-Japan "tradelist" with all the goodies that never come out over here.

The only thing I want you to do CheapyD is find some good cheap anime while in Tokyo and when your done with it sell it to me or I might be able to pick it up if I am to take a trip to Japan within in the time your there.

While in Japan, find out where the sailors are. That's right, go around and ask random people where you might find sailors. Try to wear a bomber jacket if you can. Maybe get a job running a forklift and if at all possible, try to become obsessed with collecting those little toys that come out of vending machines.

Have fun!

I would give away the duplicates of the games if I won the lot, but there are plenty of great games which I don't own in that prize package. Good luck in Tokyo. Be sure to tell us about all of the crazy games that you play in Japan.

It would be incredible to win Cheapy's games!
I'll make sure that as I play each one I send you a pm and ask how far you got in that game, what your favorite part was, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back