CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

I would like to See Cheapy D video in a karaoke bar in Japan... or is that Hong Kong with all the karaoke bars...

hopefully you will be keeping the site going from overseas..

One of my friends lived in Japan for a while and it sounds like an awesome place. I would love to see Cheapy dress like a geisha, because a bald geisha = tons of laughs. Winning that whole mess of games would certainly make my year. Have fun in Tokyo!

私は理解する (I understand)

Best of luck with the move CheapyD. Thanks for the chance to win your great stuff!

Arrigato! ありがとう

The first thing you should do once you get settled in Japan is march down to nearest TV studio and demand to have an executive speak to you about your idea for the sitcom featuring you as a self-employed fish-out-of-water who moves to Japan when his Wife gets a job.

What kind of wacky adventures and missunderstandings will happen next week? You'll have to tune in to find out, same Cheap time, same Cheapy channel "da na na na na na na na na na na na na na, Cheapy Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-eah"

"or Hello" in Japanese.
I was in Japan about 8 years back when I designed notebook PCs for Digital . Here are my impressions...
Holy Cow what a nice subway system... If the train says it'll be there at 6:41, it'll be there at 6:41. The subway is *beyond* crowded.
If you need an American food fix, "Rappongi" is the place to go... Hard Rock Cafe, Tony Roma's. etc...
Great place to take the wife is to the 'imperial gardens' , quite pretty when in bloom.
Thankfully, the entire city is subtitled in Englist :)
Beer in vending machines :)
Brew pubs are popular... no problem finding a Guiness.
Best of luck!!!
- Dave

You should take a picture of you somewhere in your new area, and try to find some really short people to make yourself look like a giant, kinda like the chapelle show skit haha

I would like to see you play a Japanese teenager at DDR, and watch how badly you get DESTROYED (they are so good at DDR). And than i want to see you crying after the humiliating defeat, and then I want to see you taking the games to the post office, sending them to my address of course :). Good luck in japan cheapyD.

I would love to see you pick up some sweet import titles in japan. The kind that are not released over here in the states and are extremely..... Odd to say the least. you know what games I am talking about.

My architecture firm has an office in Tokyo and we always that wacky Japanese candy. If you develop a taste for it....watch out!

I once rented a video of crazy people doing things, and in one clip, a Japanese man takes a poopy in a cereal bowl, and his wife eats it. Of course, since I don't want Cheapy to get hepatitis, he should refrain from mookey stink consumption.

I'd like to see Cheapy streak across the mean streets of Tokyo.

If that's not funny to you, you don't have a soul.

私は理解する (I understand)

Best of luck with the move CheapyD. Thanks for the chance to win your great stuff!

Japan has a lot of smokers so I hope your lungs are in good shape. You have quite a nice collection of XB stuff - look forward to the chance to win any of that.

Keep your eyes open for the PS4 or NextGen GC since they will probably hit the streets in Japan first!

Arrigato! ありがとう

Winning the X-box games just might give me an incentive to pick up a X-box :)

So Cheapy, how long will it take you to learn Japanese?

Congrats on the move, I would would like to see cheapy base jump off of tokyo tower, then have some lunch at an anna millers, drop into the Studio Ghilbi museum and raise hell on the neko bus and with all the Totoro statues, lastly i'd like to see him Cosplay as Totoro and scare the hell outta children and old folks everywhere. Oh yeah and a visit to the Holy Land might be in order.. I am refering to Nintendo HQ.

learn japanese and enjoy all the best games months before us without having to pay higher prices to have it imported. congrats on the move. i want the msg schwag!!!

Sweet you'll be like trisha takanowa, except the opposite.

What's there not to say about Japan? The place rocks

Things to stay away from when in Japan:
- Anyone wearing fig leaves and singing "Yatta"
- Any cousins that marry (eww)
- Scat videos
- Sadako
- Restaurants labeled "snack"
- North Dakota

On second thought, scratch that egg assignment. I'd like you to scrounge around the alleys behind Nintendo headquarters and see if you can find the childhood that they stole from me. Should be around ages 5-17, red hair, blue eyes. Can't miss it. Good luck and safe travels.

I'd like to see photos, lots and lots of photos, of the various stores in Akihabara. Go looking for some Cheap Ass Japanese Games! OK! :)

Go shopping in Akihabara while dressed as your favorite anime or game character as well.

Be sure to let us know what you think of Japan in a future CAGCast, if possible.

Take care.
Sailorneorune

Things I would like to see Cheapy D do in Japan.

Become a buying service for us and charge a flat fee (I'll pay $20-25 per shipment. You'd likely have to pack up 10-15 games per Japanese care package.) for insane Japanese games we'll never see or get here. That's my number one request.

Next, I'd like to see him going to the TGS and represent CAG in style. Oh, and have Microsoft pay for his admission. Then? Contest the hell out of the freebies you get.

Next? I'd like you to attend a Japanese baseball game. In particular the Taiyo Whales or Yakult Swallows. You haven't seen baseball fans or a game until you've experienced a Central League contest against the Giants at the visiting teams field.

Last but not least I will give away Cheapy D's games, if I win, that I already own or do not want. I will not trade them in, expect trades in return etc. I will just ask that you pay shipping. Now, what of Cheapy D's would I "re-contest" if I won???

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)- Keeping it, don't own it.
Deathrow- Keep it.
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction- Don't want it, I'll give it away.
NBA Street 3- No interest, give it away.
Area 51- No interest, give it away.
KOTOR 2- Keep. Hey, I have the guide already! Might as well get the game
Burnout 3- Have it, give it away.
Brute Force - Have it, give it away.
XIII- Have it, give it away.
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)- Have it, give it away.
Rocky Legends- No interest, give it away.
Ninja Gaiden- Have it, give it away.
Driv3r- No interest, give it away.
Splinter Cell:pT- Have it.
OXM demo disc (battlefield)- Meh, don't ship it. Toss it.
Conker demo disc- Got it, don't ship it.
Fable (bonus disc)- Have it.

PS2
Timespitters 2- Xbox version, give it away.
Socom 2- No interest, give it away.
Spider-Man 2- Only want Xbox version.
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven- Zero interest.
State of Emergency- This one I might have to use as a skeet target.
Onimusha 3- Definite keeper. I have the first two and not the third.
Rachet & Clank 2- If it's original packaging and not GH keep it. If GH? Give it away.
Beyond Good and Evil- Have Xbox version.
Madden 04- Skeet disc.
Tiger Woods 04- Give it away.
NBA Jam- Give it away.
Winning Eleven 7- Have it, give it away.
Champions: Return to Arms- Definite keeper. I've been waiting for $20 or less. Free? Even better.
Karaoke Revolution- Keep it.
NHL Hitz Pro- No interest, give it away.
Simpsons Hit & Run- Have it, Xbox.
Frequency- Have it, give it away.
Twisted Metal: Black - I'd love to play it, if not GH keep it. If GH, give it away.
MGS: 2 document- Hmmmm, what is it?
Shadow of the Colussus demo- Have it.
Genji demo- Have it.
Multitap- No need, I never play my PS2 with friends. Give it away.
Microcon controller- Give it away.

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)- Have it, give it away.
Mario Party 5 (disc only)- I'm sorry, you could give me all 7 Mario Parties and I wouldn't keep one of them, I'd be too embarassed.

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)- Have it but GH. If this isn't GH OMG OMG OMG!1!1!!! YOU MADE MY YEAR! If it's GH? Hey! Give it away!

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt- This I'd really like to have.
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza- Wash the damn thing first mmmkay?
CAG business card sized flyers- MEH
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)- MEH
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)- MEH
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)- MEH
God of War poster (E3 2005)- Ebay???
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)- Definite eBay.

So there you go! If I win this I will contest these games I've stated I don't want in blocks.

I'm going to miss you big guy ***SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF***!!!

I wqould love to get your games for my son (9) - he always seems to grow bored with the ones he has, and after a couple of weeks quits playing his new ones. 30 games would keep him happy for a year or so!

Best of Luck in Japan!

If I win, as a sign of my appreciation, I will provide a nice selection of moist towelettes for the plane ride.

/please let the dart impale my name

The only thing that you must do when you get to Japan is keep up the great work with cheapassgamer!! Thanks for the great deals.

My roommate is supposed to be visiting Japan for a week next month. An old friend of hers is stationed over there and he is having his military ball and is paying all her expenses for her to be his date. I don't even have enough money to afford all the games I want from there. Does anyone know how to play an imported Xbox game on the Xbox?

While overseas, I demand Cheapy purchase one (or more) pair of panties from one of the many panty dispensing vending machines in Tokyo/Japan. That would most definitely get my knickers in a twist. Or visit a bathhouse.

Congratulations by the way.

It sounds like the move is a win-win situation for everyone. Congratulations, Cheapy.

I own virtually none of the games being offered so it'd be pretty awesome to play all of those. I've always wanted to visit Japan, seems like a pretty exciting place to see. I'd like to see Cheapy go on a tour of all the really weird vending machines there are in Tokyo.

I hope you dont find an image on a laundry detergent box that looks like you.

Actually I do, that would be cool.

EDIT: Just in case that wasnt good enough for entry: Although many foreign visitors to Japan assume that sushi is raw fish, the term actually refers to the specially prepared vinegared rice that is usually molded into small oblongs and topped with raw fish or shellfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back