Crackdown - Gen. Discussion & Info

I got to the top of the Agency building while playing today. It was cool trying to get up there but I'm almost a little disappointed I was able to do it in the demo. Oh well.

crackdown11ex.jpg

crackdown22qm.jpg

crackdown36bb.jpg

[quote name='graf1k']I got to the top of the Agency building while playing today. It was cool trying to get up there but I'm almost a little disappointed I was able to do it in the demo. Oh well.[/quote]

that's the building that has red lasers coming out of it?

[quote name='graf1k']I got to the top of the Agency building while playing today. It was cool trying to get up there but I'm almost a little disappointed I was able to do it in the demo. Oh well.
[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they sped up the skills progression for the demo. It won't go that fast in the real game.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they sped up the skills progression for the demo. It won't go that fast in the real game.[/quote]

It states this for about a minute when the demo loads
makes the demo fun fast

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Wonderful, another game with forced widescreen and ludicrously small text. Just great. I suppose now I'm gonna be told to go buy a widescreen HDTV...[/quote]

I want this game, but if that is true, I can't deal with it. I just started Dead Rising today and can't read any of the fucking sidequest requirements. It is really pissing me off. I feel like I am missing out on so much of the game.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Wonderful, another game with forced widescreen and ludicrously small text. Just great. I suppose now I'm gonna be told to go buy a widescreen HDTV...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']I want this game, but if that is true, I can't deal with it. I just started Dead Rising today and can't read any of the fucking sidequest requirements. It is really pissing me off. I feel like I am missing out on so much of the game.[/QUOTE]

Go buy a VGA cable , it's worth it .

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']I'm using RF modulator. Will it still look better?[/quote]

Is the Space Pope reptilian?

(The answer is yes)

Seems like the Halo 3 beta won't be limited to preorders or at all as previously we were thought to believe:

A Microsoft representative confirmed to IGN that every copy of Crackdown includes an invite to the Halo 3 beta. If you want in on the beta (and didn't earn an invite by other means), purchase a copy of Crackdown on February 20 and you'll be set. You can even purchase a copy on February 21 or even March 15 and still be in the clear. Oh, and you'll get a copy of Crackdown to boot. Sweet!
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/758/758236p1.html

EDIT: didn't see this thread http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125523 before I posted :oops:

[quote name='mr ryles']halo 3 beta is seeming less and less like a beta and just more of a demo.[/QUOTE]
Shocking isn't it?

[quote name='glockant']that's the building that has red lasers coming out of it?[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they sped up the skills progression for the demo. It won't go that fast in the real game.[/quote]

Oh yeah I know that. It's just back when Crackdown was still 6 months or so from launch I read about how you can climb the tower and how tall it is and I thought it sounded really cool and something I looked forward to doing. So the fact that it was possible to do in demo kind of takes away from that I guess.

Will there still be only 5 levels? (including the first one when you start off). Are they just going to make it take longer by getting more stuff first, or they adding more levels?

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Will there still be only 5 levels? (including the first one when you start off). Are they just going to make it take longer by getting more stuff first, or they adding more levels?[/quote]

Yes only 5.

[quote name='help1']Yes only 5.[/quote]

that kind of sucks.

i would have liked to see him jump even farther. oh well.

looks like the first thing to do in crackdown is get your agility up.

Granted I only put in about 15-20 minutes into the game over my cheerios this morning but I was quite underwhelmed. It just doesn't seem like anything that I'd want to spend money on after the demo provides me with most everything that I'll need out of the game.
Dead Rising was sort of like that, the demo had just about everything...

[quote name='nasum']Granted I only put in about 15-20 minutes into the game over my cheerios this morning but I was quite underwhelmed. It just doesn't seem like anything that I'd want to spend money on after the demo provides me with most everything that I'll need out of the game.
Dead Rising was sort of like that, the demo had just about everything...[/QUOTE]

I think that's why it's timed .

I think that some of you aren't giving it much of a chance. Through my first go around I really wansn't too impressed and I thought about not purchasing as well. After I tried it the second time, all I did was upgrade my agility and strengh then I had a fucking blast. I was kicking cars at enemies, taking huge leaps to reach building rooftops. Picking up cars and trucks and seeing how far they can go, targeting them in the air and exploding them. I know that this was just mindless fun at the time but I realize that its going to take longer to get to that point in the full game and the fun part is everything you do and how you do it in between your upgrades.

Try upgrading a different ability every play through and you'll see what I mean. The cars is the hardest to upgraded IMO but the Agent Car transformations are pretty sweet.

anyone know (just for my own info)...

in the retail version, can you shot while in the car (not including mounted guns)?

can the controls be edited (like changing the gas for the car controls)?

[quote name='orntar']anyone know (just for my own info)...

in the retail version, can you shot while in the car (not including mounted guns)?

can the controls be edited (like changing the gas for the car controls)?[/QUOTE]

The devs mentioned in one of the interviews I watched that they decided not to do "drive by" type shooting because it became too unbalanced.

As for controls, Not sure but I would assume you can.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']I'm using RF modulator.[/quote]I'm certainly not going to flame you for not owning an HDTV... but a fucking RF modulator?! At least pretend you live in 2007, lie to me, and say you really meant composite!

I remembered hearing about a multiplayer option through DLC that was planned and it turns out I even had a thread on it:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
The british mag "GamesMasters" had a preview in their latest issue that disclosed that the deathmatch mode (featuring 16 players simultaneously) for Crackdown will only be available through the marketplace. No word if its free or will cost you points though...
http://gamersreports.com/news/3656/

I know only co-op was initially planned but never heard of multiplayer. They are probobly finishing the game they had in mind first and then later on we'll see the multiplayer. Hopefully they follow Kameo's route and make it free. Either way, I'll probobly end up getting it.[/quote]
I hope that this is still in the works.

[quote name='Z-Saber']I'm certainly not going to flame you for not owning an HDTV... but a fucking RF modulator?! At least pretend you live in 2007, lie to me, and say you really meant composite![/quote]

You mean early 90's, like when the SNES came out and had composite jacks and so did most TVs by then? :D

I am going to go through the demo again on solo. If I can peel myself away from Lost Planet.

ROFL at hooking up your 360 through a RF modulator. You're almost 20 years late, have you heard of this new technological wonder called composite?

Just got to the top of the Agency building, and then preceded to jump into the water below. One of the races goes up there too. It's a hell of a lot of fun just jumping around all over the place.

I think without the Halo 3 beta, though, I'd be able to live off the demo alone. Co-op should be fun though.

I will likely not even use my halo 3 beta code, but this game is fun enough to buy.

On a side note, I hope the devs are already working on the sequel because the over-inflated sales for this game just for the damn halo 3 beta will justify it.

I could swear I heard or read something recently on either 1up or one of the game blogs that they got to play around with a maxed out character and they were able to jump over buildings, anyone know if that was exaggerated BS? I was able to collect around ~88 or so green orbs plus a lot of the blue hidden orbs and it wasn't anywhere near close to being able to jump over a building.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I could swear I heard or read something recently on either 1up or one of the game blogs that they got to play around with a maxed out character and they were able to jump over buildings, anyone know if that was exaggerated BS? I was able to collect around ~88 or so green orbs plus a lot of the blue hidden orbs and it wasn't anywhere near close to being able to jump over a building.[/quote]

considering there are 500 green orbs, plus being able to "gain jumping exp" without the orbs...i believe them

ROFL at the guy playing through RF modulator also..

The demo is really fun, IMO. My roommate and I have been playing through it, and just trying to do ridiculous things in co-op and enjoying the ragdoll.

It's good to know i'll be getting a decent game to play until the Halo 3 beta starts.

One thing though, crackdown makes me wish that saints row had co-op play.

Demo is maxed at 30 Ft jumping, I believe.

I traded in a bunch of crappy dvd's tonight (using the 10%+10%) and got my preorder in. This is the first preorder I've done since Final Fantasy III for the super NES.

[quote name='orntar']when will the demo be availible for silver members?[/QUOTE]
We Silver Members will have to wait until Tuesday. Man, I am dieing to play this demo. I considered re-upgrading back to gold since I know I am going to eventually. I decided against this, however, since thats exactly what Microsoft hopes for by making these demos gold only. Instead of encouraging this practice I think I'll just try and wait it out the best I can.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']I'm using RF modulator. Will it still look better?[/quote]
I kind of feel bad for him. I picture him sitting there in front of his little black and white TV, tears rolling down his face as the cool kids walk by his window talking about their brand new TVs.

Ok I'm getting this on day one for sure now. I got a debit card today and the bank gave me 25.00. That, plus the Gamepro coupon = this game is only 25.00 out of pocket.

ROFL at me getting flamed for using an RF. Let me clarify a few things. First off, I live in Illinois. I am currently at the University of Illinois where I am using my RF modulator. I own 4 TV's. One that I keep in my basement that uses AV cables. I have 2 identical RF capable TV's that I got for free when I worked at Gamestop. I won them in contests. I use both of these down at my apartment. When I am home in my room, I use a TV I bought over the summer that is a 27 inch flatscreen with composite hookups.

So I am not totally living in the past. I'm just not going to bring my nice TV to a shitty apartment to get stolen.

Not that I needed to explain myself, just trying to defend my honor I suppose.

Just got a chance to try the demo, Game is awesome . I just which we had more time to play it (aka I want this game). Did not get to try Co-op yet though...

bread's done
Back