Crackdown - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='slickkill77']Ummm i either dont get that cartoon or its not funny[/QUOTE]

I think it means that gamers will be so excited about Halo 3 they won't pay attention or don't care what they're pre-ordering.

[quote name='neudog']I think it means that gamers will be so excited about Halo 3 they won't pay attention or don't care what they're pre-ordering.[/quote]

Or its saying Halo fanboys are retards.

Alright, just to clarify, only specially marked copies come with access to the beta, right?
If so, I'm assuming the best way to ensure that I get a specially marked copy is to preorder one. Anyone have a recommendation as to where I could preorder one and get it without having to be there the instant stores open on the 20th?

You dont have to be there the instant the store opens. Although i have never preordered from BB or CC. The intial shipments and pre orders all have the beta. As long as you preorder you'll get your invite

[quote name='rsigley']i'm not really liking this game

the super jumping thing is blah

feels like a poor mans Saints Row[/quote]

Start buying your games. Then they will be more meaningfull. :applause:

[quote name='Tyvan']Start buying your games. Then they will be more meaningfull. :applause:[/QUOTE]

i work for a publisher in NJ and get all my games for free

I'm sure his copy DOES have the beta. It's not like it matters, the beta won't be active until March at the earliest.

RS - If you don't like it, trade/sell/give it to me! :D

[quote name='slickkill77']Hmm he already has the game...Im jelous......So does your copy have the beta or what[/QUOTE]

I don't see where it would be on the menu, but i'm guessing it does, but as Scorch said it doesn't matter since I couldn't play it anyway.

I don't directly work for the publisher in NJ (its majesco the scrub company), I work for a financial company as an actuary who manages majesco's finances.

About once a month I go over there for a meeting to get info and share what we have and when I'm there they usually have tons of games lying around. One day jokingly I asked if I could have one and they said sure, now everytime I go in they give me every 360 game they have.

which is why you see that I have like 12 new games in the last two days because sometimes the copies they give me aren't retail and don't work, so I usually put them all in to check if they work first

i'm anti piracy :)

I would sell but I don't think I'm allowed to, the copies they get aren't retail and they say not for resale on them and have a number written below it I guess as tracking.

Playing a lil more I think the driving is better than Saints row, but I dunno still not liking it.

But once I started getting more Agility orbs it seems cooler cause now I can jump from most buildings to other ones making travel much quicker.

I also like how once you get a supply depot you can teleport to any supply depot you own

[quote name='rsigley']I would sell but I don't think I'm allowed to, the copies they get aren't retail and they say not for resale on them and have a number written below it I guess as tracking.[/quote]

OK, well send one to me. Or snag another free one and hold a contest on CAG! Or better yet, mention CAG to them and how everyone here is fans of Psychonauts and get them to do contests for us..

..then beat the shit outta someone for A Boy And His Blob DS not being out yet :lol:

That's really cool of them to give you free junk, though.

ha yea psychonauts they published that and all those great GBA videos. can't forget that classic blood rayne. Basically they're only alive cause of Bubble Bobble and those GBA videos.

i was there when they were beta testing guilty gear #r and they were bragging how it'll have 0 lag at all

guess they don't realize playing on LAN isn't exactly the same as over xbox live. And they put so much money into so many franchises and never actually finish the games cause they're so buggy.

i have to go there tomorrow actually to drop off some stuff i'll see if they have any retail copies since i got this one on thursday, no guarantees tho

[quote name='rsigley']i'm anti piracy :)[/quote]

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Sorry for jumping the gun then. Most people you see that have played 20 games in just 2 days are pirates..Arg.

So whats the % that you sale me your copy and just get it again on the 20th? My east coast brother.:grouphug:

Feb 20th can't come soon enough!:bomb:

[quote name='panasonic']they are review copies[/QUOTE]
Not only that but Feb. 20 is the release date, not the ship date like most games so there's a good chance that even quite a stores already have their copies in.

The Destructoid guys love it. The way it's described, it does seem like something I'd enjoy. I really didn't care for doing the "story missions" in the GTA series, so just being able to fuck around the sandbox would be interesting to me.

I am rather pleased that the 1up guys, specifically John Davison, are still having fun playing this after having it for about 3 weeks now. Says a lot for me if a game is actually fun to play through more than once. I also love the outlook and pre-planning Realtime Worlds has as far as DLC is concerned.

I've really disliked the san andreas/saint's row style the genre has moved into, and I think Crackdown may actually be worth a purchase for me now. I still have all that gears money from the eb deal a while back.

Am I the only one who wished this game didn't come with the Halo 3 beta for the sole reason that it assures that the game won't drop in price for awhile? I don't give a rat's ass about Halo, but Crackdown is a lot of fun. I suppose I'll rent it then buy it once it drops in price.

[quote name='Kayden']I heard there was a leaked version of it out already.[/quote]

A leaked version has been out for almost a week, I think

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Am I the only one who wished this game didn't come with the Halo 3 beta for the sole reason that it assures that the game won't drop in price for awhile? I don't give a rat's ass about Halo, but Crackdown is a lot of fun. I suppose I'll rent it then buy it once it drops in price.[/quote]

That depends on how long the H3 beta lasts. When it's over, the market will be flooded with used copies. The value of the game will plummet.

I never thought I'd be thankful for Halo fanboys.

[quote name='Trakan']That depends on how long the H3 beta lasts. When it's over, the market will be flooded with used copies. The value of the game will plummet.[/quote]

I've heard some rumors on the internets that some compUSA sold one to some guy even though it has a bright orange sticker that says "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 2/20/2007"

precrack1.jpg

precrack2.jpg

[quote name='bortle']Anyone notice that Davison said on his blog that Crackdown might be released this week instead of the 20th?[/QUOTE]

Xboxic had a little snippet about this yesterday:

http://www.xboxic.com/news/2397

Basically, an ad in a UK newspaper said that it would be available on the 16th. Hopefully it wasn't just a misprint!!

[quote name='Scorch']A leaked version has been out for almost a week, I think[/quote]

Over a week at this point. I know where, but I'm not condoning piracy. And no, I didn't download it.

[quote name='sp00ge']Over a week at this point. I know where, but I'm not condoning piracy. And no, I didn't download it.[/QUOTE]
If you're the type to have a modded xbox, you'd already know where to find ISOs anyway.

Im happy I made the beta through phase 2. This game wil be really cheap after this halo beta and I will be able to buy it for 20 ish hopefully!

i got some questions if anyone could answer.
Does it take that long to beat this game?
Does this game have high replay value?

[quote name='brian101']i got some questions if anyone could answer.
Does this game have high replay value?[/quote]

Reviews are up on 1up, ign, etc, etc.

[quote name='brian101']i got some questions if anyone could answer.
Does this game have high replay value?[/quote] I think most reviews said 6-8 hours (correct me if I'm wrong). The replayability will come from collecting all the orbs, maxing out your character's stats, and Co-Op play online - I guess that qualifies as a high replay value?

it took me about 9 hours to beat it (not updated on my gamertag because at home a squirrel chewed through my cable line and comcast can't come until feb 27th to fix the TV and internet :( ), tho towards the end I spent a lot of time getting agility orbs and killing people with the gun to get the achievements

the gun in this game is pretty useless, go melee all the way.

i had to kill about 2,000 people with a gun to get maxed out on the gun, only about 300 to get max stats on strength, and its more useful.

explosives i dunno i didn't even level it up til the end, i only had like 10% towards the first level when i was at the last king pin

same with driving skill since once my agility got high enough i never drove anywhere

i think i only used the car once against a boss and it glitched out with him getting caught under the car near a wall and he died in a split second

[quote name='seanr1221']Glad to hear it's about 9 hours...thats the perfect length for me.[/quote]

Me too, for whatever reason that length of game I'll almost always play through, usually a couple times at least. With longer games I usually get hung up somewhere and lose interest.

how 'bout that.. GameCrazy got 'em in today but can't sell them til Tuesday.. looks like the store will actually have something on time for once!

(I'm still bitter that they received their first copy of FFVI Advance today, a week and a half after it came out)

[quote name='Scorch']how 'bout that.. GameCrazy got 'em in today but can't sell them til Tuesday.. looks like the store will actually have something on time for once!

(I'm still bitter that they received their first copy of FFVI Advance today, a week and a half after it came out)[/QUOTE]

I doubt my Gamecrazy got them, I think they are still filling reserves on Dreamcast systems.

[quote name='mr ryles']I'm happy with a 10 hour game, but being an open ended game like this, I really thought it would be longer.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure when I play it those 10 hours will mos def turn into about 25-30 hours of BSing around collecting orbs, causing chaos, and getting achievemnets before doing any type of mission. :)

bread's done
Back