Crisis Core FF7 (3.25.08) bonus preorder deal!

kosmos13x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Announced by SE today. If you preorder at either Amazon.com, Gamestop/eb, or Gamecrazy you will recieve a limited edition Shinra UMD case free! The game is currently on preorder for 39.99. Here are some links (so far):

http://www.crisiscore.com/ (link on bottom if you want the detailed info on the bonus with pics)

http://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Core-F..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1201463446&sr=8-1 (also comes with free shipping!)

http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=12490&LF=STL

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=191285

GAMESTOP/EB ONLY: When you pick up your preorder, you can apply the very famous 10% off coupon to bring the game down to 35.99 + state tax. PLEASE NOTE that you CANNOT use the coupon during the preorder period..ONLY when the game comes in and the price refigured (thus if you pay in full on preorder you should be getting money back).

GAMESTOP/EB ONLY: game+guide bundle deal for those who are not aware. If you get the guide and game instore, you are entitled to recieving 10% off the guide + another 10% off the guide with edge card. So in total:

Game + bonus - 35.99 with 10% coupon
Guide - 14.39 with bundle and edge discount
total - 50.38 + state tax

Enjoy and hope you CAGs will find this useful :D

2-29-08 EDIT

Bestbuy will have an exclusive metallic packaging (think first edition kingdom hearts ps2 case cover).

CCpreorder.jpg

*edit again and again and again*

For the Best buy deal:

There is an empty umd preorder box that some best buys are carrying now. It is basically a "preview" cover of the metallic packaging with "best buy preorder" plastered all over it. THIS is not the metallic packaging everyone is talking about. All first shipments of the ACTUAL game at best buy will have the metallic packaging. The preorder box only entitles you to 1) have an extra box laying around the house 2) takes off 5 dollars of the bill (bring your reciept) when you go get your game, due to that the preorder box costs $5 itself.

NOW best buy has 2 different preorder systems (so far reported):

1) you get the preorder box, but its still first come first serve on the actual game. You just get 5 dollars off due to buying the preorder box.
2) you get the preorder box, and they take your name and hold a copy back for you to pick up, still get 5 dollars off for reason mentioned in number1.

Hopefully this will clear things up.

[quote name='chocobo000']A Limited Edition has just been announced for the European release of the game:

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/images/products/preBR0003-p.jpg

June 27 2008

The Limited Edition includes a 48 page hard-backed artbook called "The Art of CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII-" and the game housed together in a slipcase.

Crap, the US got the worst goodies out of them all. :([/quote]

Damn. We really got the shit end of the stick.

Not me. I'm getting this at release. I wasn't planning to get it at all since I thought it was going to be garbage, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out the opposite.

[quote name='chocobo000']A Limited Edition has just been announced for the European release of the game:

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/images/products/preBR0003-p.jpg

June 27 2008

The Limited Edition includes a 48 page hard-backed artbook called "The Art of CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY VII-" and the game housed together in a slipcase.

Crap, the US got the worst goodies out of them all. :([/quote]

damn. i might just wait for that instead. or get 2 copies of the game. eh can't wait, two copies it'll be.

[quote name='T3kN']who here wants to wait for the PS2 port?[/quote]

Don't hold your breath, unless your favorite color is blue.

Preordered at bestbuy i had the Japanese version but now i want to know the story :) . Anyone waiting for a ps2 version is poor crap. The psp is worth the purchase price.

Ehh yeah i really should buy a PSP already.
I mean nothing is holding me back now.
If I can hook it up to my TV for a bigger viewing screen then there shouldn't be any reason for me to hope it comes to the ps2.

No port to ps2. I can almost guarentee that. Just because certain lame companies start porting their psp games over to ps2 doesnt mean everyone is gonna do the same thing. SE has kept the ff7 games on each system its exclusive for and they have been strict on that.

The game is gonna sell like hotcakes anyways so there's no reason needed for a ps2 port financially.

[quote name='Morphine']Preordered from amazon but I want that case from BB, maybe I should cancel :p. Decisions, decisions ...[/quote]

Be like me...get the BB one (might as well pick up the preorder case there too if they still have them) and ebay the UMD case on ebay for a couple of bucks ;)

Keep your silver sleeve jacket and UMD case and give me this instead #$%^&*

2cbnsg.jpg

Oh well at least i got an extra UMD case when i preordered at BB lol

[quote name='Morphine']Do they PM Gift Cards?[/QUOTE]

Don't know for sure. What I plan on doing is picking up the preorder and paying first, then later in the week going in with the CC ad and demanding they match the offer. Since the receipt won't show the preorder item as a seperate item (since it's just the case), they won't use that arguement to deny it and I don't think they could justify not giving one to me. At least I hope so...

If you want to get the case from GS, then you must pre-order before 3/16...

For any reserves past that date, the cases will not be guaranteed.

I guess they are extremely rare.

Well, I finally broke down and preordered from Amazon. Crisis Core was in my gold box, and I received a $10 GC for doing a survey. I would have picked it up from Circuit City/PM'd BB, but I don't have one near me. Maybe Amazon will drop the price to match....

At least that's one good thing about me taking classes on campus during spring/summer, there's a CC near the college so I can finally get in on their deals and clearance for a few months.

Pre-ordered from Best Buy (also the first time pre-ordering there). However I receive only a receipt. The cashier took the pre-order case after the transaction and when I asked about the case she said all I need is the receipt when picking up the game. I was just wondering if there is any significants for the pre-order case besides assurance.

[quote name='Masquerade']Pre-ordered from Best Buy (also the first time pre-ordering there). However I receive only a receipt. The cashier took the pre-order case after the transaction and when I asked about the case she said all I need is the receipt when picking up the game. I was just wondering if there is any significants for the pre-order case besides assurance.[/quote]
The receipt is your assurance. You'll need it when you pick up your game so that they can apply the $5 credit to your purchase.

[quote name='michael000']Keep your silver sleeve jacket and UMD case and give me this instead #$%^&*

2cbnsg.jpg

Oh well at least i got an extra UMD case when i preordered at BB lol[/quote]

I really want that.....but I wonder how you could import it from EU....

[quote name='Reira']Well, I finally broke down and preordered from Amazon. Crisis Core was in my gold box, and I received a $10 GC for doing a survey. I would have picked it up from Circuit City/PM'd BB, but I don't have one near me. Maybe Amazon will drop the price to match....

At least that's one good thing about me taking classes on campus during spring/summer, there's a CC near the college so I can finally get in on their deals and clearance for a few months.[/quote]

How did you get that survey?

[quote name='jacknicklson']http://www.ncsx.com/2008/031708/ncs0317m.htm

Rather pricey[/quote]
Definitely not nice at that price

[quote name='eau']Nice. but not at $76 nice.[/quote]

Isn't that the price that it would normally cost?

I would keep the case and the book and sell the game on ebay anyway....since it's region free, someone would buy it....

[quote name='sephiroth61787']Isn't that the price that it would normally cost?

I would keep the case and the book and sell the game on ebay anyway....since it's region free, someone would buy it....[/QUOTE]

play.com and amazon.co.uk are selling it for £24.99, so ncsx overcharge by $26 not including tax.

[quote name='62t']play.com and amazon.co.uk are selling it for £24.99, so ncsx overcharge by $26 not including tax.[/quote]

BOO! They don't ship to NA. :(

[quote name='sirplue']BOO! They don't ship to NA. :([/quote]

And that is the problem.

Maybe wait til it gets on ebay?

From the UK sites, could you have it sent anywhere in Europe?

Anyone else getting back-order notices for the Crisis Core guide? My pre-order at amazon for the guide became back-ordered, so I canceled and ordered at Gamestop. This morning I get an e-mail from GS stating it was "delayed from shipping according to our original estimate"

Anyone know what that means exactly? 'Cause their website still shows the status of it as Usually ships within 24 hours. Sorry, I normally don't shop there so I'm clueless as to what the deal is. I hope this doesn't happen when it comes time for the game to ship. Especially since I jumped on that overnight shipping deal.

They did send me a $10 off coupon code with the notice though. I'm pretty happy about that.

I preordered the CC guide at Amazon, and I also got the notification that it was backordered. But considering I preordered when it was $12.23 and got 10% off (5% book preorder discount, 5% Gold Box) and had a $2.72 credit, I can wait. I thought it was just Amazon, but now I'm guessing it's BradyGames or their distributor. Maybe it's been delayed and no one has the new correct date?

[quote name='Reira']I preordered the CC guide at Amazon, and I also got the notification that it was backordered. But considering I preordered when it was $12.23 and got 10% off (5% book preorder discount, 5% Gold Box) and had a $2.72 credit, I can wait. I thought it was just Amazon, but now I'm guessing it's BradyGames or their distributor. Maybe it's been delayed and no one has the new correct date?[/quote]

Same here. For $11 I will wait, patiently:)

I think there's a glitch in Circuit City FF7 deal. I ordered it, it came out to $29.99 plus i get the gift certificate.

[quote name='vghc']I think there's a glitch in Circuit City FF7 deal. I ordered it, it came out to $29.99 plus i get the gift certificate.[/QUOTE]

thats not a glitch, thats part of the weekly ad where you get a $10 gc

[quote name='62t']thats not a glitch, thats part of the weekly ad where you get a $10 gc[/QUOTE]

I know, but the price should be $39 plus the $10 gift card. But when i ordered, the total came up to $29.99 and the gift card.

[quote name='vghc']I think there's a glitch in Circuit City FF7 deal. I ordered it, it came out to $29.99 plus i get the gift certificate.[/quote]
They are charging you $10 for the giftcard and $29.99 for the game. That's how it's showing at the order page now.

[quote name='vghc']I know, but the price should be $39 plus the $10 gift card. But when i ordered, the total came up to $29.99 and the gift card.[/QUOTE]

no then you will pay $50

[quote name='eau']They are charging you $10 for the giftcard and $29.99 for the game. That's how it's showing at the order page now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='62t']no then you will pay $50[/QUOTE]

Ok....sorry for the confusion. :(

Just a heads up on a couple of things...

1) I've played through the actual US version in its entirely over the last 3 days (still have 2 copies on preorder paid off.....you figure the rest out). The only extra content apart from the Japanese version is hard mode (you get it from the start).

2) Normal mode is probably going to be too easy for the majority. Luckily I can say hard mode.....is literally one of the hardest modes I've played in the last 5 years of gaming...yes it's that hellish.

3) The guide which is a thick 270 pages (retails for 17.99 and available now at GS), is one of the best brady guides in a LONG while. It covers everything imaginable, consistant, and flows nicely.

4) For people who are whining about not getting the EU edition art book might want to get the guide. Pages 259-270 has some very detail art (and scetch art concepts) that looks to be what the 40 page EU artbook is going to be made of. Remember that the EU art book is umd size so one page from the brady art section will equal 5-7 pages of the EU art book. This is on strong Gut feelings....

5) If your on the fence about getting this...I can honestly say it is worth the 40 dollar price tag. The story and graphics set the bar for any handheld that has ever come out and has more extra content that you can shake your fist at (300 side missions with promising rewards). The battle system could of used some more work though and the ai is bad in normal mode (but evil in hard mode in return).

bread's done
Back