[Current] Official Text to Win Thread 2010-2011

UPDATE on SAW 3D contest:

Just saw it on the dashboard. It says to text "SAW3D" to 32774 to enter, not your gamertag like the rules do.

I texted, but still no response =/

[quote name='Captain Urahara']UPDATE on SAW 3D contest:

Just saw it on the dashboard. It says to text "SAW3D" to 32774 to enter, not your gamertag like the rules do.

I texted, but still no response =/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for updating. I gave it a shot and a bit after ( 10 mins or so? ) I got a reply saying thanks for entering, winner will be notified on or around 11/15.

[quote name='goMaki']Thanks for updating. I gave it a shot and a bit after ( 10 mins or so? ) I got a reply saying thanks for entering, winner will be notified on or around 11/15.[/QUOTE]
Just got the reply myself. 2 and a half hour delay 0_o

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Captain Urahara']UPDATE on SAW 3D contest:

I texted, but still no response =/[/QUOTE]
Updated OP, thanks for the clarification. I got the entry confirmation text about 15 mins after first sent text.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Just won again on the ford sweepstakes. That's 4 wins totaling 1600 points. Awesome![/QUOTE]

Damn, good for you! I've been doing it from the start and haven't won at all. I guess Ford doesn't like me, which is OK since I never liked Ford either.

Anybody get this text today???

Gamebrokers FREE WINNER Thx 4 the interest 2 get FREE BLOWOUT WINNERS reply 2 this text with word "BLOWOUT" 2 opt out reply STOP

Anyone know what this is about?

what the hell man, I entered the SAW3D and it's sending me a "thanks for entering" text every 2 minutes. Freaking annoying. Anyone have this problem? Texted stop and nothing- it's driving me nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sw33tbombs']what the hell man, I entered the SAW3D and it's sending me a "thanks for entering" text every 2 minutes. Freaking annoying. Anyone have this problem? Texted stop and nothing- it's driving me nuts.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they figure people who like Saw like having the same crap over and over again?

Just joking around, I actually liked the first one. That being said, dude, that sucks.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']what the hell man, I entered the SAW3D and it's sending me a "thanks for entering" text every 2 minutes. Freaking annoying. Anyone have this problem? Texted stop and nothing- it's driving me nuts.[/QUOTE]

Same thing is happening to me

got another contest OP

didn't see this, but i was watching TV and a Gamefly commercial came up and at the end they said

"text NOOB to 68710 for a chance to a PS3, Xbox 360, or Wii"

goodluck every1

[quote name='The Ju1ce']^^^ Hang in there. I've won twice over a month or a month and a half period.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I did at least win once on JCP.

On a side note I tried entering again an the SAW3D comp and noticed that it accepted another entry. Can anyone verify if it is a daily comp or one time only. Xbox.com was initially wrong in entry method so I wondered if they were also wrong about the entry limitations.

[quote name='adonis 27']got another contest OP

didn't see this, but i was watching TV and a Gamefly commercial came up and at the end they said

"text NOOB to 68710 for a chance to a PS3, Xbox 360, or Wii"

goodluck every1[/QUOTE]

Can anyone get set info for this contest? I just tried it and got an immediate reply back saying I was entered, but could not find contest details anywhere online.

Once I can confirm this as a true contest (with rules, end date, etc.) I will add it to the OP.

Thanks for the submit!

I got a response like 12 hours later in the middle of the night lol

Also, won from Fiesta on Saturday and today

I have tried twice for the FIESTA contest this evening and didn't get a response, which I usually do right away.

- Jason

[quote name='Distortiontm']Just wondering, did anyone win anything from "The Event"?[/QUOTE]

no but oddly it still takes entries though.

I just won 1600 points via "The Event" contest...got an email from NBC and someone else with a code for two 800 point codes...

[quote name='klam173']I just won 1600 points via "The Event" contest...got an email from NBC and someone else with a code for two 800 point codes...[/QUOTE]

I just got this email too. The points expire December 31, 2010.

[quote name='klam173']I just won 1600 points via "The Event" contest...got an email from NBC and someone else with a code for two 800 point codes...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MidValley']I just got this email too. The points expire December 31, 2010.[/QUOTE]

Lucky SOBs lol

I'm glad we've got some CAG winners, though.

Interestingly, the SAW3D contest also lists it as "limit one entry per gamertag", but I've sent a text once a day this week, and just sent 3 texts within 10 minutes, all of which have been replied to with a "You are entered to win" text.

Peculiar....

[quote name='MidValley']I just got this email too. The points expire December 31, 2010.[/QUOTE]

I got this through email too. Thanks OP.

Hey CAGs, if you find this thread useful to you, make sure to vote it up in the top right corner above the OP.

Thanks!

BUMP

Also, I won from Ford today! That's my second time!
This extra 400 MSP helps since I'm only 240 MSP away from the "Spend 2400 MPS, Get 800 MSP back" deal :D

I'm thinking I might get that new Alan Wake theme since it is exactly 240 MSP and I love Alan Wake . . .

[quote name='Captain Urahara']... since I'm only 240 MSP away from the "Spend 2400 MPS, Get 800 MSP back" deal :D

I'm thinking I might get that new Alan Wake theme since it is exactly 240 MSP and I love Alan Wake . . .[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure themes won't count towards the 2,400 - DLC does though.

ReddJoey has the fine print in the OP here...
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264333

Congrats on the Ford win - I was starting to wonder if it was still active.

[quote name='fatboyjam']I'm pretty sure themes won't count towards the 2,400 - DLC does though.[/QUOTE]
Ah, that's right! Thanks for reminding me. Glad I didn't buy the theme yet. Still 240 MSP away from the deal though. What to buy . . .

I just got another code today from Ford Fiesta. :D

That's makes the total amount I've gotten from them to be 2000 points.

Not bad, I have to say. Hopefully I win one more time before the contest ends on the 23rd!

[quote name='Distortiontm']Can anyone get set info for this contest? I just tried it and got an immediate reply back saying I was entered, but could not find contest details anywhere online.

Once I can confirm this as a true contest (with rules, end date, etc.) I will add it to the OP.

Thanks for the submit![/QUOTE]

http://www.textrules.com/gameflyoct10/Rules.htm

Seems you can enter up to 31 times for this one...

I just saw a Gamefly commercial on TV, it said to text "COM" to 68710 for a chance to win a console of your choice. I think it showed all 3 major consoles but 360 was definitely on it. I texted and got a typical response immediately (Verizon) "Thx 4entering GameFly Sweeps!" followed by typical stuff

edit: beaten by more than a week! and I was so proud of myself for contributing...

[quote name='MusashiX4']I just got another code today from Ford Fiesta. :D

That's makes the total amount I've gotten from them to be 2000 points.

Not bad, I have to say. Hopefully I win one more time before the contest ends on the 23rd![/QUOTE]

Oh come on! Share the wealth! *holds up his rusty soup can with 2 dirty pennies in it*

[quote name='[email protected]']http://www.textrules.com/gameflyoct10/Rules.htm

Seems you can enter up to 31 times for this one...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gryphter']I just saw a Gamefly commercial on TV, it said to text "COM" to 68710 for a chance to win a console of your choice. I think it showed all 3 major consoles but 360 was definitely on it. I texted and got a typical response immediately (Verizon) "Thx 4entering GameFly Sweeps!" followed by typical stuff

edit: beaten by more than a week! and I was so proud of myself for contributing...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the verification and links! OP updated. :)

bread's done
Back