[Current] Official Text to Win Thread 2010-2011

[quote name='CouRageouS']Damn that was fast, I wish I did it today then I would have had the chance of receiving it on Friday. Where did you to to get it notarized? I just searched for a local notary and saw they charge $10. But I was going to check at the UPS store or Kinko's.

dmzauk, thanks for the suggestion. I checked Bank of America through google and it says they only notarize financial documents for free.[/QUOTE]

Wow - that is funny cause I have a Bank of America account and they have notarized all kinds of things for me over the years and not all have been financial docs. Must depend on who you get as an agent I guess.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Damn that was fast, I wish I did it today then I would have had the chance of receiving it on Friday. Where did you to to get it notarized? I just searched for a local notary and saw they charge $10. But I was going to check at the UPS store or Kinko's.

dmzauk, thanks for the suggestion. I checked Bank of America through google and it says they only notarize financial documents for free.[/QUOTE]

I got mine notarized at an auto tags place around the corner from me. It shipped ridiculously fast. I didn't expect this thing for at least a month or so.

Be careful with the eligibility form. Theres a spot for your address that isn't underlined like the rest. I e-mailed the form without my address filled in, and realized when I went to fax it. I quickly e-mailed back with the corrected info, and they replied within the hour saying it was shipped.

[quote name='dmzauk']Wow - that is funny cause I have a Bank of America account and they have notarized all kinds of things for me over the years and not all have been financial docs. Must depend on who you get as an agent I guess.[/QUOTE]
Oh okay I'll just walk in tomorrow and give it a shot.

Thanks for the heads up on the form aporter.

There's a Toys R Us Text to Win contest running, but you need to be a Facebook fan to get the word to text in daily. So, I'm sharing it with yall in the hopes that you will share the word, so that those of us without Facebook can still enter.

The word apparently gets texted to 30364, the word will be updated twice a day at 12am and 12pm. The prize is a $30 gift card (20/day) instantly. Unfortunately it looks like it only runs til the 24th, so our time is running out.

app_full_proxy.php

[quote name='CouRageouS']Oh okay I'll just walk in tomorrow and give it a shot.

Thanks for the heads up on the form aporter.[/QUOTE]

If you do not have a BOFA account they will prob not do it for you.

how long did it take u guys to get your email after you texted it for the flip contest? i still havnt gotten mine and i sent the text yesterday

[quote name='ampoe1']Dwb6- did you check your junk mail? My email got sent there.[/QUOTE]

ya ive checked everyday for 3 days. and ive retexted my email about 5 times so i should have noticed it. if anyone still as the email please pm me becuz i rly dont want to miss out on getting the flip

www.PepsiCoFootball.com
Rules: http://pepsicofootball.com/officialrules.aspx

Begins at 12:00:00 p.m. CT January 2 & ends on 2/6

Entry: www.PepsiCoFootball.com or text “football” to shortcode 21525
Limit: one (1) entry per day per person/email address/phone number, regardless of entry method.

Prize:
(1): A trip for winner and three (3) guests selected by winner to attend the Super Bowl XLVI game (“Game”) scheduled to occur in February 2012. Trip consists of round-trip coach air transportation (from gateway city nearest winner’s U.S. home); double-occupancy hotel accommodations for four (4) nights; four (4) tickets to the Game; ground transportation to/from airport/hotel/Game; $500.00 spending money (awarded in the form of a check, payable to winner); and four (4) commemorative gift bags. Travel dates to be determined at a later date, by Sponsor, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Travel, accommodations and Game subject to availability and change. Seating assignments at the Game are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Ground transportation (other than as stated above), meals, gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein as part of the prize package are solely winner’s responsibility. Winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $11,300.00.

Will have to remember this one next week. Though, one prize is pretty weak. They should have thrown in some smaller instant win stuff to make people feel special.

Sent in my Flip cam forms today. Good luck to all for tomorrow's drawing. I found out it costs $10 to get something notarized because the CA state law says thats the highest you can charge. Naturally all the places nearby me charge the maximum.

[quote name='Redeema']Will have to remember this one next week. Though, one prize is pretty weak. They should have thrown in some smaller instant win stuff to make people feel special.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they should have included some instant but the overall payout is really good:

A trip for winner and three (3) guests selected by winner to attend the Super Bowl XLVI game (“Game”) scheduled to occur in February 2012. Trip consists of round-trip coach air transportation (from gateway city nearest winner’s U.S. home); double-occupancy hotel accommodations for four (4) nights; four (4) tickets to the Game; ground transportation to/from airport/hotel/Game; $500.00 spending money (awarded in the form of a check, payable to winner); and four (4) commemorative gift bags. (“ARV”): $11,300.00.

I'm going to enter at least once just so I know I had a chance. CAG's including myself entered the 400 MS points contests everyday for a month and didn't win so it's worth a shot. Good luck! :D

oooooo...COACH air transportation. High class stuff. Not a football fan, so no reason for me to enter unless I could put those tix on Ebay and get some stupid money for them. Don't see how this contest adds up to over $11,000 though. Ae Super Bowl tix really that stupid expensive?

[quote name='gryphter']haven't been to this thread for a few weeks, came back and am impressed by the OP's dedication. Thank you, OP![/QUOTE]
You are very welcome.

Also, OP updated with Frito-Lay contest :cool:

http://www.thecapesweeps.com/
Sweepstakes Details
Eight (8) winners will receive a Sony PSP Core pack.

Five (5) winners will receive a Jawbone JamBox (wireless speaker and speakerphone hook ups to phones, mp3 players etc.)

Three (3) winners will receive a Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect Bundles

Two (2) winners will receive a 32GB Wi-Fi and 3G iPad

Sweepstakes Starts
December 23, 2010 @ 12:00 pm ET
Sweepstakes Ends
January 17, 2011 @ 11:59 pm PT

Or you can text JAM to 88704

My girlfriend just texted me saying she won a Flip cam as well. :whee: for multiple angles!!!

Also I got an email earlier saying mine shipped today.

[quote name='CouRageouS']My girlfriend just texted me saying she won a Flip cam as well. :whee: for multiple angles!!!

Also I got an email earlier saying mine shipped today.[/QUOTE]

Hi five! How long did it take for you to get the email after receiving the text saying you won and replying? I keep refreshing my inbox like a 6 year old, "is it here yet? is it here yet? how about now?"

[quote name='eric04h']Gryphter...you get your email yet? I got my text about 2hrs ago..no email yet.
[/QUOTE]

not yet, I replied to the winning text with my email address an hour and 40 min ago, still refreshing my inbox every 5 min or so. don't forget to check your junk mail folder if you're doing the same.

I got a congrats message today for the flip camera, replied with my email. A two week process? Not bad at all for a free camera ^_^

I replied to mine when I posted and still haven't gotten an email, but it does say that I should receive the email today. Im not too worried, though as they seem pretty on-top of this promotion.

I lost again for the Flip. Really wanted one, too. Congrats to the winners. I guess I've had some luck with these contests, so I can't complain when I don't win one.

I can't get that capesweeps site to come up at work, I hope it checks out. Those are some really nice prizes, even if they're not instant.

I just started coming to this website. Everyone seems helpful and encouraging. Here are some other TEXT contests that I've come across: NISSANLEAF to 313131 ( Weekly thru 03-31-2011); STANDUP to 347639 (ends 12-31-2010); GETAWAY to 347639 (ends 10-02-2011); and CAVE to 94253 ( one time only - ends 01-31-2011). I'm from Texas. If anyone is from AZ, check out http://azbeercontests.com.
Have a Great New Year and GOOD LUCK.

Couple of things if you're submitting a contest could you please let us know if it's daily, once a week, or one time entry only? Thanks.

Here's rules on the Nissan Leaf contest: http://a3.nissan.contextoptional.com/files/nissan_mts_official_rules.pdf
Entry is once a week. Prizes are $500 in sporting gear (?) per week with one grand prize of a Nissan Leaf electric vehicle.

The getaway contest is posted already. The 'standup' is not and is for a Kinect and unfortunately ends tomorrow, so probably not worth putting in the OP. (daily) Rules

The Flip contest is 'over', but still accepts entries, so not sure whether that can come down or not.

Any idea who to contact about getting the winner text, but no email for that flip contest? I resubmitted my email (using a non-gmail account) and it gave me the same response of taking 1 day. I only ask because Im hoping it didnt go to spam. My phone dumps my spam folder >.

[quote name='dyeknom']Any idea who to contact about getting the winner text, but no email for that flip contest? I resubmitted my email (using a non-gmail account) and it gave me the same response of taking 1 day. I only ask because Im hoping it didnt go to spam. My phone dumps my spam folder >.

[quote name='yokopovich']I just started coming to this website. Everyone seems helpful and encouraging. Here are some other TEXT contests that I've come across: NISSANLEAF to 313131 ( Weekly thru 03-31-2011); STANDUP to 347639 (ends 12-31-2010); GETAWAY to 347639 (ends 10-02-2011); and CAVE to 94253 ( one time only - ends 01-31-2011). I'm from Texas. If anyone is from AZ, check out http://azbeercontests.com.
Have a Great New Year and GOOD LUCK.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll get to these when I have time.

[quote name='Redeema']Couple of things if you're submitting a contest could you please let us know if it's daily, once a week, or one time entry only? Thanks.

Here's rules on the Nissan Leaf contest: http://a3.nissan.contextoptional.com/files/nissan_mts_official_rules.pdf
Entry is once a week. Prizes are $500 in sporting gear (?) per week with one grand prize of a Nissan Leaf electric vehicle.

The getaway contest is posted already. The 'standup' is not and is for a Kinect and unfortunately ends tomorrow, so probably not worth putting in the OP. (daily) Rules

The Flip contest is 'over', but still accepts entries, so not sure whether that can come down or not.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think I'll put you as my second-in-command from now on! ;)
You know if there's a way to give editing privileges for a post/thread to another user?

id anyones having problems with the flip contest email not showing up, pm ur email and ill resend the email since its just a generic email. or email [email protected] and tell them you didnt receive the email. my email didnt even show up til about a week later and thats only becuase i emailed them about the problem.

bread's done
Back