[Current] Official Text to Win Thread 2010-2011

Thank you for that help btw, I emailed them and with all hope they will respond. I would hate to lose out because of stupid spam filter or their glitchy auto-email. The flip video camera looks nice, will we get to choose the color or are they all standard white?

[quote name='Distortiontm']Thanks! I'll get to these when I have time.

Thanks. I think I'll put you as my second-in-command from now on! ;)
You know if there's a way to give editing privileges for a post/thread to another user?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, unless you're a forum mod. Which, I am not.

Edit: I never received a text back from that 'JAM' text contest. Anyone else try?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Redeema']I don't think so, unless you're a forum mod. Which, I am not.

Edit: I never received a text back from that 'JAM' text contest. Anyone else try?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was just a "Thank you" message and they told me I would be kept updated, whatever that means.

[quote name='dyeknom']Thank you for that help btw, I emailed them and with all hope they will respond. I would hate to lose out because of stupid spam filter or their glitchy auto-email. The flip video camera looks nice, will we get to choose the color or are they all standard white?[/QUOTE]

i think its just the standard color but im not rly sure

[quote name='Jabrim']Need to update the original op, you can only enter the "Ultimate Man-Cave Makeover" one time apparently.[/QUOTE]
Done. New contests added, too.

Anyone else think this is a waste? I rather not be giving out my phone number and risking future junk texts and phone calls for the CHANCE to win 1 of 5 prizes when thousands are entering.

It's another thing when it is a spam email address, but my phone number? That's personal and actually important.

I've won plenty of Microsoft points/random gift cards via text in the past couple years and a flip cam last week so I don't see a problem. I pay for unlimited texts so spam texts don't really bother me and they have been far and few. Redbox actually randomly texts me free rental codes but the rest of go away easily by texting STOP to the number.

[quote name='help1']Anyone else think this is a waste? I rather not be giving out my phone number and risking future junk texts and phone calls for the CHANCE to win 1 of 5 prizes when thousands are entering.

It's another thing when it is a spam email address, but my phone number? That's personal and actually important.[/QUOTE]

Amazed it took this long for this post to pop up.

While none of the current contest are for Microsoft points (we are way overdue for a new 5th finger one by the way), I've entered many of those in the last 2 years, and just to give you an idea of how much I've won; I have bought at least one thing on Xbox Live every month and the last time I actually paid for microsoft points was April of 2009. That's a lot of absolutely free points.

I've sadly never won any of these other types of contest, but that being said I've entered most and in the last couple of years I had one spam text (that my mom's phone got too and she doesn't enter in this stuff), and I got one spam recorded phone call that I just hung up on, but my dad who's phone also usually gets entered in many of these contest didn't get.

Most of these are ran by legitimate companies who wouldn't want to take the publicity hit of selling your information, which wouldn't even get them much since the info is readily available anyway.

[quote name='help1']Anyone else think this is a waste? I rather not be giving out my phone number and risking future junk texts and phone calls for the CHANCE to win 1 of 5 prizes when thousands are entering.

It's another thing when it is a spam email address, but my phone number? That's personal and actually important.[/QUOTE]

I've been doing these contests for months now and only gotten one or two spam text messages the entire time so that is not really a big deal considering I have won over 1600 Microsoft points, $10 gift card to Cabela's, multiple other dlc. I've had my same cell number for over nine years, I could care less who really has it. If you don't want to try the contests then don't, and your phone number is important to you, no one else.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Amazed it took this long for this post to pop up.

While none of the current contest are for Microsoft points (we are way overdue for a new 5th finger one by the way), I've entered many of those in the last 2 years, and just to give you an idea of how much I've won; I have bought at least one thing on Xbox Live every month and the last time I actually paid for microsoft points was April of 2009. That's a lot of absolutely free points.

I've sadly never won any of these other types of contest, but that being said I've entered most and in the last couple of years I had one spam text (that my mom's phone got too and she doesn't enter in this stuff), and I got one spam recorded phone call that I just hung up on, but my dad who's phone also usually gets entered in many of these contest didn't get.

Most of these are ran by legitimate companies who wouldn't want to take the publicity hit of selling your information, which wouldn't even get them much since the info is readily available anyway.[/QUOTE]

See, I have no problem with the microsoft points promotions, since they usually give out hundreds, if not thousands of codes for points. However, in looking at the OP, each contest has 1 grand prize, and like 5 secondary prizes... MUCH lower odds.

As for not paying for microsoft points, I haven't paid for them since I started my xbox live account created 5 years ago. Thanks in part to contests and glitching xbox lvie content from friends/brothers accoutns to my xbox, haha.

Someone has to win, though. Right? If you've got unlimited texts like most of us do now, there's not too much harm in taking ten seconds of your time to shoot off a text. Especially for a one time entry. Daily for one contest is different, but again, someone has to win, so why not one of us?

[quote name='Redeema']Someone has to win, though. Right? If you've got unlimited texts like most of us do now, there's not too much harm in taking ten seconds of your time to shoot off a text. Especially for a one time entry. Daily for one contest is different, but again, someone has to win, so why not one of us?[/QUOTE]
Hear, hear!

I got my Flip cam today. Its larger than I thought it was. Its bigger than my Canon point and shoot cam. Not sure that if I'd actually take this around and use it, especially since my girlfriend won one also. Haven't quite decided if I should sell it or keep as another gadget.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I got my Flip cam today. Its larger than I thought it was. Its bigger than my Canon point and shoot cam. Not sure that if I'd actually take this around and use it, especially since my girlfriend won one also. Haven't quite decided if I should sell it or keep as another gadget.[/QUOTE]

what kind of flip is it? and is it HD?

The Arbormist and Cooks more the merrier is over.

Kinda was hoping to win one of those Flip cameras just to sell it...I need some cash lol

I already received my flip camera, WOW. Less than 5 days from sending in my forms. Thank you for keeping this thread updated!

Here's the rules for the Cape Sweeps. Surprised no one has posted them yet.

Found a couple more:

Almond Joy & Mounds
"Coconut" to 44144
One entry/day (can only win once)
Ends August 30, 2011
Prizes:
Two (2) Grand Prizes. Each Grand Prize winner will have the option to receive either: (a) a six (6) night / seven (7) day Caribbean cruise for winner and four (4) guests. Travel prize includes one (1) dual –occupancy cabin, one (1) quad-occupancy cabin and $1,000.00 spending money (payable to winner in the form of a check). OR (b) a one time cash payment of $10,000 awarded in the form of a check or wire transfer in Winner’s name. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $10,000.00 each.

Two Hundred (200) First Prizes. Each First Prize consists of one (1) ALMOND JOY® and one (1) MOUNDS® 30” x 60” velour beach towel. ARV of First Prize: $40.00 each.

This second one requires a little detective work, but would payoff handsomely:

Golf Channel PGA Tour Kickoff Sweeps (Rules)
One entry per day (you can also enter online for total of two per day)
Keyword is given on Golf Channel at 6PM ET/ text keyword to 55333
You may also need to be registered on the website to enter contest. (don't have my phone on me this very second to try it out)
Ends January 24, 2011

Prizes (here's where it gets good):
Three (3) Grand Prizes ("GP"): Three (3) Grand Prizes will be awarded during the sweepstakes periods listed below.​

• Hyundai Tournament of Champions: January 6, 2011 – January 10, 2011
  • Sony Open: January 13, 2011 – January 17, 2011
  • Bob Hope Classic: January 19, 2011 – January 24, 2011

Ten (10) In Show Sweepstakes Prizes: Three (3) prizes will be awarded during each day of the ten (10) “Year in Review” and “2011 Preview” Golf Central Specials. Each In Show Sweepstakes Prize winner will receive one (1) of the following three (3) prize packs selected at random:
· One (1) Wi-Fi + 3G 16GB iPad;
· One (1) $100 Dicks Sporting Goods Gift Card; OR
· One (1) Golf Channel Prize Pack consisting of one (1) Golf Channel shirt, one (1) Golf Channel visor, one (1) sleeve of golf balls, one (1) Golf Channel towel, one (1) Golf Channel ball marker, one (1) Golf Channel pennant flag, and one (1) Nike Golf Glove.

Thirteen (13) Tournament Sweepstakes Prizes: Three (3) prizes will be awarded during each day of the following three (3) tournaments: Hyundai Tournament of Champions, Sony Open and Bob Hope Classic. Each Tournament Sweepstakes Prize winner will receive one (1) of the following three (3) prize packs selected at random:
· One (1) Wi-Fi + 3G 16GB iPad;
· One (1) $100 Dicks Sporting Goods Gift Card; OR
· One (1) Golf Channel Prize Pack consisting of one (1) Golf Channel shirt, one (1) Golf Channel visor, one (1) sleeve of golf balls, one (1) Golf Channel towel, one (1) Golf Channel ball marker, one (1) Golf Channel pennant flag, and one (1) Nike Golf Glove.

One (1) Overall Sweepstakes Prize: Overall Sweepstakes prize winner will receive one (1) $100 Golf Galaxy gift card.

I don't know how the prizes work out, it's late and I'm sleepy. They're awesome prizes, though.

Here's the code for the 7th:

'HYUNDAI'

Not sure whether it's still going to be valid or not by the time you read this, it did work online, though. Good luck.

Here's another one, sorry if it's a double post, but it's been almost 24 hours, I couldn't help it.

Dick's Sporting Goods
One entry/day (can also enter online, one entry per day regardless of method, though)
"GETAWAY" to DICKS (34257)
Ends 1/31/2011
Prizes: One (1) Winner will receive choice of one (1) of the following prizes: (i) Winter Ski Package for two which includes roundtrip airfare for you and a companion to Vail, Colorado; accommodations for you and a companion for three (3) nights; roundtrip ground transportation between the airport and the hotel; Ski passes for you and a companion for three (3) days; and a $250.00 MasterCard gift card, or (ii) Golf/Spa Package for two which includes roundtrip airfare for you and a companion to Phoenix, Arizona; accommodations for you and a companion for three (3) nights in Sedona, Arizona; car rental for four (4) days; $600.00 hotel credit; and a $250.00 MasterCard gift card. The approximate retail value of the prize is $4000.00.

**Code for the Golf Channel for the 8th is "Ogilvy".

[quote name='dyeknom']I already received my flip camera, WOW. Less than 5 days from sending in my forms. Thank you for keeping this thread updated![/QUOTE]

glad to hear you were able to get your camera even after not getting the email initially. Did you email customer service and ask, or did you just submit the forms using the posted information?

I put off getting my paperwork notarized until yesterday, scanned the pages and emailed it to them right after. What submission method did everyone else use?

[quote name='Redeema']http://www.thecapesweeps.com/entry/Almond Joy & Mounds
"Coconut" to 44144
One entry/day (can only win once)
Ends August 30, 2011
Prizes:
Two (2) Grand Prizes. Each Grand Prize winner will have the option to receive either: (a) a six (6) night / seven (7) day Caribbean cruise for winner and four (4) guests. Travel prize includes one (1) dual –occupancy cabin, one (1) quad-occupancy cabin and $1,000.00 spending money (payable to winner in the form of a check). OR (b) a one time cash payment of $10,000 awarded in the form of a check or wire transfer in Winner’s name. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $10,000.00 each. [/QUOTE]

I legit don't think I would survive that prize. Me and 4 friends on a cruise with $1,000 to blow? (I'd almost rather personally take the 10k, pay off the taxes that you'd have to pay, and then go to vegas for a few days and have some left over) Either way, the odds are good that it would be the beginning to the story of how I died.

Also, contest goes till August!? This one will be in the OP for a while. :lol:

[quote name='gryphter']glad to hear you were able to get your camera even after not getting the email initially. Did you email customer service and ask, or did you just submit the forms using the posted information?

I put off getting my paperwork notarized until yesterday, scanned the pages and emailed it to them right after. What submission method did everyone else use?[/QUOTE]

I got a response from customer service, actually... they sent me two copies of the form (official email and the email from the CS guy). I used fax/email to respond. I'm really impressed with it, tbh.

That being said, I replaced my 30$ target clearance Sony GC1 with this Flip video camera. Definitely a solid upgrade.

[quote name='Redeema']Today's Golf Channel keyword is: "Kapalua" to 55333[/QUOTE]

Brilliant work as usual Lieutenant! OP updated.

Bumping because almost on 2nd page, wish this thread was stickied as well as JCoynes.

What's the latest on the Golf Channel code? I sure as hell am not watching that lol

Can't find the keyword posted anywhere online, if you do a google search for the "golf channel sweepstakes keyword" this thread is like the third or fourth choice, though. Unfortunately, that means we're giving away the answers to lurkers. Wish there was a way to make it so only regular users got it. Maybe I'll start PM'ing it to keep the entrants low and our chances high. Just a thought. Though, considering I'm getting the answers from somewhere else, too, that's probably a little hypocritical.

In all the times I've entered I think I've gotten one 'spam' text message and that was a reminder message the day 'The Event' premiered.

Yeah, I've only recieved one spam message via text...advertising credit checks, sent stop message, never got anything afterwards.

Here's one specifically for Verizon subscribers:

Text 'WIN' to 8603
One entry. Rules. Ends 1/15/2011

Non Verizon subscribers can only enter online at the website above.

Prize: One (1) Grand Prize: Prize consists of: one (1) 3-night/4-day trip for the Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest to attend the 2011 NHL All-Star Game at the RBC Center in NC; two (2) coach class roundtrip airline tickets to Raleigh, NC from the major airport closest to the Grand Prize Winner’s primary residence; one (1) hotel room (double occupancy) for three (3) nights (January 28, 2011 –January 30, 2011); two (2) tickets to the 2011 NHL All-Star Game on January 30, 2011; two (2) tickets to the Honda NHL SuperSkills Competition on January 29, 2011 and $200 spending money (payable by check).

Note that it says that if you send the text you are subscribing to receive Verizon and NHL texts, which you will need to text ''STOP" to discontinue. This one has the potential for 'spam' messages.

Edit: ...and another.

Why Milk contest. Seriously.
Text: 'Pour', 'Leche', 'One', 'More', or 'Milk' to 38488 (You will then be required to text your birthdate and email for a total of three texts, in that order for those of you entering in Spanish ;))
Daily. Ends 2-9-2011
Rules.
Prizes: Free milk for a year (52 coupons for free milk) x120

[quote name='Redeema']Prizes: Free milk for a year (52 coupons for free milk) x120[/QUOTE]

ooooooh hell son. Prizes just got real. :cool:

lol, why not.

*edit welp, just entered with "Leche" and got a response in spanish. Tried to redo it with milk and same thing. Apparently I am doomed to Spanish in the Got Milk? world :(

King, the text you got in response asks for your d.o.b. in MMDDYYYY form. After that they ask for your email address at which point they will tell you you are a winner/loser. The first 100k entrants get a coupon in their email for free milk.

[quote name='Redeema']Here's one specifically for Verizon subscribers:

Text 'WIN' to 8603
One entry. Rules. Ends 1/15/2011

Why Milk contest. Seriously.
Text: 'Pour', 'Leche', 'One', 'More', or 'Milk' to 38488 (You will then be required to text your birthdate and email for a total of three texts, in that order for those of you entering in Spanish ;))
Daily. Ends 2-9-2011
Rules.
Prizes: Free milk for a year (52 coupons for free milk) x120[/QUOTE]
Not going to put the Verizon one up since there's only a couple days left on it. Thanks, though! Milk contest will go up when I get a spare minute this crazy week.

Off topic: I'm in AZ so I'd really appreciate everyone sending some good vibes this way considering all that's going on. Much appreciated.

Saw this advertised in EA Sports Active 2 tonight.

For a chance to win an iPad text "Active" to 88704

Did not see this in the OP sorry if it has been posted before but did not see it.

Sent the text and it said thanks for entering the Cape Sweepstakes, which is listed already. I may now be disqualified since it's only one entrant per person. Damn.

[quote name='dmzauk']Saw this advertised in EA Sports Active 2 tonight.

Did not see this in the OP sorry if it has been posted before but did not see it.[/QUOTE]

hmm, I also just entered this (IPAD!?!?! WHOOO!) and the response I got said Thanks for entering The Cape sweepstakes, hmm...

[quote name='dmzauk']Saw this advertised in EA Sports Active 2 tonight.

Did not see this in the OP sorry if it has been posted before but did not see it.[/QUOTE]

Do not text this if you have already entered the Cape Sweepstakes with one of the other code words.

Text “JAM”, “Madden”, “NHL” or “Active” to 88704

ONLY 1 text per person, so don't DQ yourself.

I saw this sweepstakes and didn't see it posted -

SOUTHERN COMFORT LAS VEGAS SWEEPSTAKES
Ends on February 28, 2011
To enter: TEXT LASVEGAS to 68405
Limit 1 entry (per day, per person, per mobile telephone number, per contact phone number and/or email address) regardless of method of entry.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You must be at least 21 years of age and a legal resident of the US. Sweepstakes void in California and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
PRIZES: (1) Grand Prize awarded. Grand Prize consists of a trip for four (4) to Las Vegas, NV. Prize package includes round-trip coach air transportation for four (4) people from an airport near winner’s home within the continental U.S. (airport and carrier selected by Sponsor) to Las Vegas, NV, two (2) double occupancy standard hotel rooms for four (4) people for three (3) nights, and $300 spending money. (ARV $3500.00; A.R.V. dependant upon winner’s point of travel origin.)
There will be (10) First Prizes awarded. Each First Prize consists of (1) Poker kit consisting of a stainless steel carrying case, one deck of cards and X number of poker chips (A.R.V. $90.00).
All Federal state and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of prize winner(s). No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash value. Limit one prize per entrant.
RULES: http://www.vibescm.com/amoe/rules/3156

I didn't see this one posted either

CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAY TEXT-2-WIN SWEEPSTAKES RULES

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You must be at least 21 years of age and a legal resident of the U.S. Sweepstakes void in California and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.

SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The "Championship Sunday" Text to Win Sweepstakes starts on January 3, 2011, at 9 a.m. and ends on February 28, at 11 p.m. (the "Sweepstakes Period").

HOW TO ENTER: TEXT the keyword "JDBAT" to "68405".
All text message entries must be received by February 28, at 11 p.m. to be eligible for the drawing.

Limit 1 entry (per day, per person, per mobile telephone number, per contact phone number and/or email address) regardless of method of entry.

ELIGIBILITY: Employees of Brown-Forman/Jack Daniel’s, Bacardi, US and Coca Cola companies and their affiliates, liquor wholesale licensees, retailers, as well as the advertising/promotion agency, and the immediate families and household members of each are not eligible to win. You must be at least 21 years of age and a legal resident of the United States to be eligible. This promotion is void in CA and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.

PRIZE: There will be (1) Grand Prize awarded. Grand Prize is a Championship Sunday Entertainment Package consisting of a Home Entertainment System including a 50" Flat Screen TV and a premium surround sound home theater system. Brown-Forman/Jack Daniel’s, Bacardi, US and Coca Cola reserve the right to substitute items. Estimated total retail value of Grand Prize package is $5,000. Alcoholic Beverages will not be part of the prize package. 100 Second Place Prizes will be awarded. Second Place Prize consists of one (1) Tee Shirt (either a Bacardi or Jack Daniel’s Tee Shirt (Large).) Estimated retail value of each Second Place Prize is $25.00 (and includes shipping).
RULES: http://www.vibescm.com/amoe/rules/3265

Now I know how most Canadians feel for our contests because the alcohol related ones are always void in California for some reason.

Golf Channel text keyword is KAHALA, good for another couple hours or so. It's yesterdays word, but it's still good until the next one gets revealed.

Remember the "NBC and Xbox Live gaming sweepstakes" from back in August that ended in September and only a couple of CAG members won via email:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268937&page=2

I received a letter today with two - 800 MS points codes as a first place winner.

On behalf of Microssoft Corporation, thanks you for your interest in NBC and Xbox LIVE gaming Sweeepstakes and enjoy your prize.

Regards,

GMR Marketing LLC

I played everyday on Twitter and I sent in only one email entry. What is odd the winners were supposed to be contacted 3 months ago and no one won via Twitter or text that I know of. Oh well thanks for the surprise, and everyone else be on the lookout just in case :lol:

My first post here - GLTA!

The "Royal Blue Land and Sea llc text to win a cruise – part 1" Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") starts at 12:00 PM (CST) on Monday, January 17, 2011 and ends at 12:00 PM (CST) on Thursday, March 31, 2011

open to legal U.S. residents who are 21 years and older -
text the Keyword "CBCRUISE" to 77531 -
Every participant can send a maximum of 1 entries per month during the Sweepstakes-
Prize and Delivery: One Caribbean cruise for 2 people (1 stateroom) on a 2011 select cruise sponsored by Royal Blue Land and Sea Inc. valued at approximately $2050. Airfare to and/or from the cruise departure or arrival port is NOT included. Winner is solely responsible for travel to and from the cruise departure or arrival port and any other costs associated with travel before and after the actual scheduled cruise ship departure and arrival for the specific cruise selected by and reserved for the winner. Multiple cruise choices may be offered for the winner's selection.

won't let me post link to rules since I'm new. add the www to royalblue-is.com/index.php.sweepstakes-rules or do a Google search.

bread's done
Back