Currently Playing / General Gaming Talk Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
... still hamsterz life for me... I'm oddly obsessed...

hamsterz1_t.jpg

then again, this is the only game I have ever played where you can put a red pirate bandanna on a hamster.

[quote name='SL4IN']that's a ds game right? because that's looks pretty damn good graphically.[/QUOTE]

it's basically nintendogs with more senselessness... Heck, half of the game is teaching the hamster to speak english instead of tricks... it's kinda oddly addicting.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it's basically nintendogs with more senselessness... Heck, half of the game is teaching the hamster to speak english instead of tricks... it's kinda oddly addicting.[/QUOTE]

how many hamsters..ahem, hamsterz, can you have at once? 'cause if you can have thousands of them, then take over the world with them, I'm sold.

If not, then you have your work cut out for you Rolento :)

[quote name='jer7583']I hope i can get persona 3 at best buy this week.[/quote]It's been trickling into stores the whole week... as of Friday, about a third of the stores in the district here had copies.

Finally bought the wires to get my PC working on my TV.

I'll be ordering some more ram and then hopefully I'll be playing Bioshock on it this week.

I've beaten the first 10 colossi in Shadow of the Colossus. I'm enjoying it and all, but all the glitching is bringing down my fun. It's also kind of lame that all you do is go find a colossus, fight it, go back to the temple, and repeat.

So I finished Star Force's main story; now I'm finishing up the SP bosses, collecting missing cards, etc. etc. I'm also enjoying Kameo (thanks, Live Club!). I haven't been playing as much Tales of the World, and I'd like to; after this week, my time will be surely be split between Jeanne D'arc, Bioshock, and that other thing....what was it called? Oy, yeah, school.

[quote name='Apossum']how many hamsters..ahem, hamsterz, can you have at once? 'cause if you can have thousands of them, then take over the world with them, I'm sold.

If not, then you have your work cut out for you Rolento :)[/quote]

Agreed. If you can't make a hamsterz army worthy of a fire ant swarm, then I'm gonna pass.

Back on OTOT, I played Gears on Friday night and then watched Serenity on HD-DVD last night.

[quote name='Apossum']how many hamsters..ahem, hamsterz, can you have at once? 'cause if you can have thousands of them, then take over the world with them, I'm sold.

If not, then you have your work cut out for you Rolento :)[/QUOTE]

sadly only 6 at a time :(

but hey, at least in the upcoming sequel (like it needed one) there's an entire town of hamsterz that mingle. Here's wondering if they are lead by a crazy fascist leader.

oh and this game looks to kick ass... basically what Hexic was trying to be but with all the crap gone and all the good in:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SHSeopqetQ[/media]

Madden 08.

Superstar mode with New York Giants rookie corner back Aaron Ross. First game versus the Cowboys Ross lines up TO the entire game. 2 interceptions and a forced fumble. Not too shabby.

I spent almost every moment of free time playing Mario Strikers online today. I'm addicted. It is no doubt the Mario Kart DS of the Wii for me. I actually managed to get my season score over .500!

played some more dead rising today, and I have to say, I got a little spooked on some parts when the zombies would pop out of the elavators and grab me.

Started Persona 3 over. Took me a while to get the hang of the flow...

and got my new Elite today. Hasn't frozen yet *crosses fingers*

The amount of 360s I've owned is now closing in on the number of PS2s I've owned :roll: to be fair, all the PS2s were broken, while I got rid of the 360 twice out of boredom :)

Why did that video of the puzzle game show a GP32X system when explaining controls? Are you sure it's not for that system?

[quote name='jer7583']Why did that video of the puzzle game show a GP32X system when explaining controls? Are you sure it's not for that system?[/QUOTE]

it's a throwback to old stuff. I am absolutely sure it's not for the GP32X. The game will be on display at this weeks game convention (can't spell the leipzeg name or whatever).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it's a throwback to old stuff. I am absolutely sure it's not for the GP32X. The game will be on display at this weeks game convention (can't spell the leipzeg name or whatever).[/quote]

So it's being developed by a Korean company for Dreamcast? It looks like a Korean game.

ah. I finally got teh interwebs set up in my house, I no longer have to mooch off my roomate no longer! playing dead rising and getting xbox live set up so it'll be some gears playing tonight.

Completely ignored the list of half-finished games posted earlier and decided to finally rip the plastic off Riviera. So far after an hour, glad I did. Definitely better than Yggdra Union at this point (they're basically the same game, with Yggdra being a turn-based strategy version of Riviera's more traditional (but not very traditional) RPG design.

I liked both games, but I may be a little biased because atlus is my favorite dev, so I generally like everything they do.

[quote name='SL4IN']I liked both games, but I may be a little biased because atlus is my favorite dev, so I generally like everything they do.[/quote]I enjoyed Yggdra Union, but I got stuck somewhere around Chapter 20, in fairly impossible two-part chapter. But I think I just have some condition where I find a point to get stuck in just about every game.

I finally finished Gears on casual last nite. Yay, me. Now to go through again in Hardcore mode, although I'm still waiting for my buddy to get a damn 360 already so we do co-op...cheap bastid.

Finished Resident Evil: Rebirth this morning as Jill, clocking in at just under 11 hours of gameplay with 18 saves. I thought about heading on to RE2, but I've decided instead to replay it again with Chris and see if I can finish in under 10 hours this time.

In Final Fantasy IV, I've just obtained Paladin status for Cecil and am now griding out a few levels on Mt. Ordeals before I move on. This is the first game I've played on my GBA Micro, and at first I was a little worried about being able to read the text and what-not on the Micro screen, but wow, its very crisp and clear and I'm not having a problem at all. I've been taking it to work with me and playing during my breaks.

oh my god. I cannot wait for that game. this seriously makes me want to bust out all my metal slug games and run through them again.

[quote name='Apossum']That's Metal Slug, Contra, and Alien Hominid all in one :drool:[/quote]

no, it's awesomeness and greatness all rolled into one perfect side scrolling shooter.

[quote name='SL4IN']no, it's awesomeness and greatness all rolled into one perfect side scrolling shooter.[/QUOTE]

isn't that what I just said? ;)

[quote name='SL4IN']oh my god. I cannot wait for that game. this seriously makes me want to bust out all my metal slug games and run through them again.[/QUOTE]Yeah, makes me want to play my Metal Slug Collection on PSP right now. :)

Found a copy of Persona 3!

And IMMEDIATELY got harassed to preorder every bullshit NIS and Atlus RPG coming out in the next two years.

I hate NIS. I'll go out and say it. Their games are bullshit. Haven't enjoyed a single one. They cater to the japanophiles like this cashier who flat out told me "They're made in Japan, which means they're great, because the Japanese know their shit. They always get things right."

I've been playing Persona 3 pretty much non-stop with all my free time, I actually came to the shocking conclusion that I won't start Bioshock until I finish Persona 3. It's that good.

[quote name='jer7583']Found a copy of Persona 3!

And IMMEDIATELY got harassed to preorder every bullshit NIS and Atlus RPG coming out in the next two years.[/quote]Yeah, the employee did the same thing to me. He would not have let me have it if I didn't tell him my story, about having to cancel it due to going back to college. Since my day got pushed back, I was able to get it, but my preorder was canceled.

I hate NIS. I'll go out and say it. Their games are bullshit. Haven't enjoyed a single one. They cater to the japanophiles like this cashier who flat out told me "They're made in Japan, which means they're great, because the Japanese know their shit. They always get things right."
Why?? I love NIS big time. I absolutely love the quirkyness their RPGs have. I wish many more games were quirky like that, but that's just me (a Japanophile). ;)

Played a little Calling All Cars and Namco Museum Battle Collection on PSP. Tomorrow should be a better gaming day.

I got the Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged disk, and just played through Wik these last couple days.

WOW! What a great game!

Me and my brother played a bit of multiplayer tonight, and had and absolute blast, especially when we discovered you can latch onto each other with your tongue. Nothing more hillarious than a Wik desperately trying to swing himself up from oblivion with another Wik hanging on for dear life and dragging him down! :D

Just an amazingly good and incredibly unique game.

I wonder how long it will take to find ALL the hidden gems and rescue Wik's family...

downloading the eternal sonata and stranglehold demo right now. I'm hoping both are good because I'm thinking about picking both up soon after they come out.

The PC demo for Bioshock finally went up today. I'd download it, but considering that I'm picking up the damn game tomorrow... not so much.

It'll be nice being able to control the game now. For some reason, the game felt really, really unwieldy on the 360.

[quote name='Chacrana']The PC demo for Bioshock finally went up today. I'd download it, but considering that I'm picking up the damn game tomorrow... not so much.

It'll be nice being able to control the game now. For some reason, the game felt really, really unwieldy on the 360.[/QUOTE]
I'm downloading the demo...it'll decide if I get the game tomorrow or not.

My PC is kind of outdated so I'm not sure how well it'll run :p

[quote name='whoknows']I'm downloading the demo...it'll decide if I get the game tomorrow or not.

My PC is kind of outdated so I'm not sure how well it'll run :p[/QUOTE]
Probably shitty, the game has some pretty high requirements.

[quote name='zewone']Probably shitty, the game has some pretty high requirements.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully won't be too bad. I can run FEAR on high..thats pretty good, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back