Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='meotraix']Just wondering if anyone received or picked up a Dark Souls CE that was completely 100% mint, with no scuffing/scratches on the outer plastic box? Not sure if my GS played football with my copy...[/QUOTE]

MY GS copy was better than my amazon one. They were both fine though just a few small scuffs.

[quote name='meotraix']Just wondering if anyone received or picked up a Dark Souls CE that was completely 100% mint, with no scuffing/scratches on the outer plastic box? Not sure if my GS played football with my copy...[/QUOTE]

Got mine in perfect condition, at least from the outside. Haven't opened it yet. Playing my BB regular copy. Preordered in March btw, before the upgrade was announced.

It's hard to find a completely 100% mint copy with the way they package the CE. They should have put shrinkwrap the whole thing with the slipcover inside (without warping the slipcover if done correctly). Bare shiny plastic rubbing plastic will produce the kind of scuffs we see.

Btw, does the download card inside have an expiration date? Seeing how this has become a rare collectible, thinking of keeping mine sealed and just getting a regular copy to play later.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Called my gamestop and they have an extra CE. I know the manager well and he is holding it for me. So I guess I will have a 2nd copy :D[/QUOTE]
Nice.

Is there a general preference between PS3 and 360 CE for this game? Just curious if the PS3 CE is harder to find than the 360 CE.

Got mine from GameStop. My tin case had minor scratches on the front. The cover art in the game case was completely scuffed/wrinkled. The cover art was actually a bit longer than normal which is why it got messed up when the case was closed. Switched it with a few other cases until I found one where it fit.

My co-worker got his from Amazon. Like a few others here, he said his was fine but his art book fell apart.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Cool Amazon.... They sent me the Ps3 version instead of the 360 version. Damn it. Anyone want to trade?[/QUOTE]

I'm slated to get the PS3 version but if they send me 360 by mistake I'll trade you. Did yours arrive in good condition?

[quote name='morrodox']I'm slated to get the PS3 version but if they send me 360 by mistake I'll trade you. Did yours arrive in good condition?[/QUOTE]

I haven't opened it yet, but from what I can tell it's in really good shape. No dents on the tin or anything, the slipcover is in very good condition 2.

Forgot to mention...

My PS3 CE has a Amazon sticker over the UPC area that has the ASIN "B00542ZQJO" on it.

I wonder if the CE has the same UPC as the regular edition and Amazon uses their sticker to distinguish stocks. Mine is from Philly (place of origin in UPS tracking).

[quote name='eau']Nice.

Is there a general preference between PS3 and 360 CE for this game? Just curious if the PS3 CE is harder to find than the 360 CE.[/QUOTE]

I just looked and it seems about 50/50. PS3 listings went up to around $100 ish starting (They were like $85 yesterday, xbox was $100), which is what they are actually selling for on each system.

I am debating if I should unload my sealed Demons Souls Deluxe edition now... Hmmmm

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I am debating if I should unload my sealed Demons Souls Deluxe edition now... Hmmmm[/QUOTE]
I laugh when people put sealed copies on eBay starting @ $600-900.

That's a nice addition to any collection.

[quote name='Bumslie']I laugh when people put sealed copies on eBay starting @ $600-900.

That's a nice addition to any collection.[/QUOTE]

I laugh all the way to the bank when I can get an idiot on ebay to pay that much for something. :lol:

On a serious note though, if I do list it and that is a BIG if... I would not list it quite that high. I did see an auction with a sealed Deluxe, sealed Dark Souls CE, and sealed guide for $1000 yesterday... :roll:

Went ahead and got the UK CE (PS3 version) from Shopto today. Ended up being $71 with a tracking code. Here's a nice fuck you to Newegg and Scamco.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I am debating if I should unload my sealed Demons Souls Deluxe edition now... Hmmmm[/QUOTE]
Still sealed? You didn't participate in guide exchange program?

Mine had been sealed until Atlus announced the exchange program.

[quote name='eau']Still sealed? You didn't participate in guide exchange program?

Mine had been sealed until Atlus announced the exchange program.[/QUOTE]

I bought 2 copies of it at launch to support Atlus. :D

Where are those people that said it'll be easy to find in stores, and that it won't go for much on ebay? I have some nice crow to serve you all

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I laugh all the way to the bank when I can get an idiot on ebay to pay that much for something. :lol:

On a serious note though, if I do list it and that is a BIG if... I would not list it quite that high. I did see an auction with a sealed Deluxe, sealed Dark Souls CE, and sealed guide for $1000 yesterday... :roll:[/QUOTE]

The Dumbass Souls collection

[quote name='luxarific']Went ahead and got the UK CE (PS3 version) from Shopto today. Ended up being $71 with a tracking code. Here's a nice fuck you to Newegg and Scamco.[/QUOTE]

Did you get Dark Souls - Limited Edition (PS3)? It is a UK version. I ordered Dark Souks LE from zavvi.com yesterday. It shipped it out last night. Total is £36.85 = US$56.89 (includes the shipping cost).

[quote name='ssjmichael']Where are those people that said it'll be easy to find in stores, and that it won't go for much on ebay? I have some nice crow to serve you all[/QUOTE]

I will admit to being wrong. I thought Namco would have made enough to at least fulfill all the preorders at Best Buy and Amazon. They made a fool out of me, for sure.

[quote name='squll']Did you get Dark Souls - Limited Edition (PS3)? It is a UK version. I ordered Dark Souks LE from zavvi.com yesterday. It shipped it out last night. Total is £36.85 = US$56.89 (includes the shipping cost).[/QUOTE]

I did the same. I'll have region 1 and 2 covered. Love ost discs

I was able to pick one a collector edition at gamestop today. It was sealed in a tin no outside books. Was amazon giving anything else with it like a book or was it just everything in the tin like gamestop?

I am so confused i just want to make sure before I open it. LOL TIA

My Dark Souls arrived from preordering online at Best Buy today, of course it's the regular edition, but five minutes on the phone got me the 20 giftcard.

I'll take it.

gonna go back to gamestop soon to return my extra copy...last chance for anyone who still wants it. not looking to make a profit off of it either, just wanna break even!

[quote name='gepet0']I was able to pick one a collector edition at gamestop today. It was sealed in a tin no outside books. Was amazon giving anything else with it like a book or was it just everything in the tin like gamestop?

I am so confused i just want to make sure before I open it. LOL TIA[/QUOTE]
The CE upgrade is the bonus. It's just a metal tin case with a plastic slipcover over it, and two circular stickers sealing both ends. An artbook and a download card (plus the regular game, duh) in the case. That's it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Where are those people that said it'll be easy to find in stores, and that it won't go for much on ebay? I have some nice crow to serve you all[/QUOTE]

Haha there are always those around. Remember Wii how you could just walk to store on launch day and buy one claim? For what it's worth it's not fetching more than 99.99 on ebay with free shipping. With the weight it is, shipping with tracking alone is about 10 dollars.

After being one of the many victims at Worst Buy, I was finally able to snag a PS3 CE at one of the Gamestops near my work. My plan was to call about a half dozen stores this morning. When I called the 2nd store, to my pleasant surprise, the associate told me that he had received an extra copy of the PS3 CE and was happy to hold it for me. So I finally have my hands on this frackin' CE! I'm just waiting for my strat guide CE to ship out from Amazon. Just in case something happens with that, I had my coworker pick up an extra copy of the guide for me from GS.

Am i the only one that thinks this whole ordeal is a good thing. Sure we didn't get a CE, well some of us. Most places are giving 5 to 30 dollars back im pretty sure those funds are going to be taken from Namco one way or another, hopefully they learn not to mess with games people actually want. :)

Just a quick edit: I just received an email from best buy for preordering DS:CE and they sent me a code for a lordran map or something like that. I didn't receive the CE just bought the standard version.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='salty tbone']I will admit to being wrong. I thought Namco would have made enough to at least fulfill all the preorders at Best Buy and Amazon. They made a fool out of me, for sure.[/QUOTE]

I was in this camp, too, though I never voiced it. I'm glad I was, too, because it caused me to cancel my early preorder w/ Amazon, and only ordered again later (Sept. 26th) when it seemed clear there would be a shortage, and more importantly when the listing specifically said "CE". If I hadn't done so, I might be on of those poor souls (:cool:) that got sent the regular version.

I'm trying to decide on whether or not to open my CE. I know the original Deluxe Edition Demon's Souls is worth a decent amount, but does this version have ANY chance of going up in price in the future?

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Cool Amazon.... They sent me the Ps3 version instead of the 360 version. Damn it. Anyone want to trade?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure there was a guy that posted sometime yesterday that had the opposite situation: got the 360 version instead of ps3. maybe PM him and you guys could trade.

[quote name='evanwink']I was in this camp, too, though I never voiced it. I'm glad I was, too, because it caused me to cancel my early preorder w/ Amazon, and only ordered again later (Sept. 26th) when it seemed clear there would be a shortage, and more importantly when the listing specifically said "CE". If I hadn't done so, I might be on of those poor souls (:cool:) that got sent the regular version.[/QUOTE]

damn Sept 26! that's the latest I've seen a CAG preorder and get CE. I replied to Amazon CS and hopefully they send me a CE.

[quote name='kitsunisan']@squll, when Zavvi gets it to you, would you mind snapping a few pics and bumping this thread with them? I may do the same.[/QUOTE]

Video may help better than pics. I think the UK version is very nice design. However you don't get the steelbook cover in UK version. Instead, you will get two physical CDs with a hardbound art book which is designed in landscape format. The US version of the art book is in portrait format. Personally, I prefer it in landscape format.

Link to Dark Souls Limited Edition (UK)

[quote name='Pixeldaemon']I'm trying to decide on whether or not to open my CE. I know the original Deluxe Edition Demon's Souls is worth a decent amount, but does this version have ANY chance of going up in price in the future?[/QUOTE]

Constantly check ebay for what people are bidding on it. I looked yesterday and saw someone bidding $130 for the CE and guide together. This one has a current bid of $96 just for the CE alone. It's still the first week of release too.

I'm actually still looking around for a 2nd copy of the CE to possibly resell later, but all my GameStops haven't gotten anymore CE's in.:cry:

Thank you for pre-ordering Dark Souls from BestBuy.com.
Below you'll find the link to the redemption site and your code to take advantage of the free Lordran Map download offer.
Crafted from the diabolical minds of the game's developer From Software, this rare ancient map of the world known as Lordran graphically details the key regions that players will roam and die.
Follow these steps:
  1. Log on to your Web browser and go to www.preparetodie.com/map.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions, and make sure you select your appropriate platform (Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3) when prompted.
  3. You will then be prompted to enter this unique redemption key

Redemption key:
  4. You will receive a new live code for your selected platform to download the Lordran Map.
  5. Download the Lordran Map to your gaming console using the live code you received in step 4.
Can anyone who redeemed and downloaded it explain what it is? DLC in-game, or something you launch from your games libray/XMB?

So...finally picked up CE from Gamestop.

I literally called like 6-7 Gamestops, they were saying 'yeah our policy is 24-48 hours to hold a pre-order but...this is different because it's limited so we'll ignore the policy'

One employee actually stuck to the policy, and said okay, he didn't pick it up within 48 hours, so here ya go, take the CE.

Hell yes.

After calling up about 10 Gamestops, I finally found one that had it. Someone canceled their pre-order so I had a worker there hold it for me and picked it up. :)

Anyone else just get this email from Atlus?

"Demon's Souls Celebrates Its Second Anniversary!"

"Two years later: Remembering the launch! (note these offers are no longer available)

Deluxe Edition: Lovingly crafted, it was the only way to get the 160-pg official strategy guide, sold out within a month of launch!

Pre-order bonus: 36 pages of art, 71 min of music, collectable and in-your-handable!"

Seriously, who sends emails like that other than to clearly make fun of their competitor's launch debacle :)

Thanks for the laugh, Atlus.

Went on monday to shitstop asking to reserve the collectors edition of dark souls was told they sold out just checked availability online says in stock.... fuck you gamestop

Better still be in stock when I go tomorrow

[quote name='Gamelore']Anyone else just get this email from Atlus? "Celebrate the 2-year anniversary of Demon's Souls Launch!"

Seriously, who sends emails like that other than to clearly make fun of their competitor's launch debacle :)

Thanks for the laugh, Atlus.[/QUOTE]

I laughed hardest at the the preorder bonus description at the very bottom.

"36 pages of art, 71 min of music, collectable and hold-in-your-handable!"

If that ain't a shot at Namco... :rofl:

[quote name='VISCO']Went on monday to shitstop asking to reserve the collectors edition of dark souls was told they sold out just checked availability online says in stock.... fuck you gamestop

Better still be in stock when I go tomorrow[/QUOTE]
Availability search says in stock because a lot of stores do have them in stock but they are reserved for the pre-orders.

The trick is to find a store that may have an extra sent to them or someone has canceled his reserve on them.

[quote name='elrobo8']I laughed hardest at the the preorder bonus description at the very bottom.

"36 pages of art, 71 min of music, collectable and hold-in-your-handable!"

If that ain't a shot at Namco... :rofl:[/QUOTE]
I seriously hope Atlus will be able to license the next RPG from FROM Software.

[quote name='squll']Did you get Dark Souls - Limited Edition (PS3)? It is a UK version. I ordered Dark Souks LE from zavvi.com yesterday. It shipped it out last night. Total is £36.85 = US$56.89 (includes the shipping cost).[/QUOTE]

Yes, Shopto has it for the same price, 36.85, but I wanted tracked shipping, so that added a few pounds.

[quote name='luxarific']Yes, Shopto has it for the same price, 36.85, but I wanted tracked shipping, so that added a few pounds.[/QUOTE]

Great! Thanks for letting me. Can't wait to see the actual copy.

[quote name='Gamelore']Anyone else just get this email from Atlus?

"Demon's Souls Celebrates Its Second Anniversary!"

"Two years later: Remembering the launch! (note these offers are no longer available)

Deluxe Edition: Lovingly crafted, it was the only way to get the 160-pg official strategy guide, sold out within a month of launch!

Pre-order bonus: 36 pages of art, 71 min of music, collectable and in-your-handable!"

Thanks for the laugh, Atlus.[/QUOTE]
That is classic :lol:, +1 to Atlus, as for Namco they can suck a fat one, most disappointing launch ever.

And I was also screwed over from Gamestop, I called prior to reserve a copy of the Collectors edition, got there and they told me there was a miscommunication and I had to check back Saturday, to see if the remaining three will pick up there order
1st of all it's pass the 48 hour limit so chances are they don't give two shits about the collectors edition
2nd I made sure to ask if it was alright to pick up the collectors edition and they gave me the ok, if you ok someone but then deny him even when the item is in your possession then you're failing miserably at your job, I wasted time, gas and 5000 of those damn points so I can pick up what i thought was a guaranteed purchase
3rd is it so hard to make a phone call back to say you made a fucking mistake and don't bother wasting your time coming here?

The amount of fail this week is astronomical

Got sidetracked once I opened DkS...

RAGE came today, beat Dark Souls by an hour.
What's kinda interesting about that, is that both shipped on the 4th, Dark Souls 1 Day Delivery (est DD Oct 6) and RAGE FSS (est DD Oct 8-10).

[quote name='barrit']How do some of you actually have a conversation with the UPS guys?[/QUOTE]

I don't live on a long street, and I keep the front door open to the screen, so when they round the corner I can hear the truck before I see it.
Sometimes I'm out of the door before they even come to a stop.
:lol:

bread's done
Back