DCAU fans unite! Justice League Doom (possible spoilers) out now!

[quote name='JolietJake']Yeah, i didn't really like the anime style Bruce Wayne, looked to young, plus Conroy's voice didn't fit him.[/quote]

Overall I think the producers thought that us fans would enjoy an anime stylization of Batman vs what we are used to (JLU/JL/TAS). It didn't work to well IMHO. I liked for the most part how the Animatrix was presented and how some of it was tied into Reloaded. I was really hoping that there was going to be a tie in that leads into TDK but it didn't seem that way.

Gotham Knight was very good. I would like to see them try this formula with other characters. It could have used more variety though, like a story with Robin, Nightwing, etc. Maybe they limited it to be more vague so its not so much further from the upcoming film.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Did anyone catch the wonder woman preview on the disc as well?[/quote]

Yep. I'm really looking forward to it. Spring 2009 is a long way off.

I was hoping they had an actual trailer, but at least we got to see the redesigned WW even if it was a rough sketch.

I liked Field Test.. minus the design for Bruce Wayne.[quote name='Wolfkin']unlike Wombat I was ok with the first story animation wise. My major gripe is i don't like the boy-next-doorish looking batman in .. i think the third story "Field Test". Great story. great animation i just hate the design they use for Bruce Wayne. he looked like a generic anime hero. I practically expected him to start the ep with amnesia. Such a shame because it's my favorite of the stories.[/quote]

I really hope Teen Titans: Judas Contract doesn't get cancelled all together. I liked the kids TV show, but I really want to see what they do with a truer representation of the comic.

Gotham Knight was worth every penny I paid for it, if not only for the 4 Batman:AS episodes. I enjoyed the stories. The first one was weird, but I liked how the stories kind of connected and it was a cool idea of seeing how each kid had a different image of the same person(persona?).

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I really hope Teen Titans: Judas Contract doesn't get cancelled all together. I liked the kids TV show, but I really want to see what they do with a truer representation of the comic.[/quote]

That's what I'm wondering. There's been no mention of it lately, yet they're promoting the Wonder Woman DVD for next year. They scrapped it to make something else(& if it's the wonder woman DVD, wtf?).

If they're going to do something else, why not another Justice League movie with the animation style from the tv series or a Batman Beyond movie?

[quote name='Kendal']Gotham Knight was worth every penny I paid for it, if not only for the 4 Batman:AS episodes. I enjoyed the stories. The first one was weird, but I liked how the stories kind of connected and it was a cool idea of seeing how each kid had a different image of the same person(persona?).[/QUOTE]

My problem with that is it had been done before in the Batman Animated Series

[quote name='JolietJake']I think that was kinda the point, to re-do that episode of batman TAS in a darker more adult way.[/QUOTE]

I just saw it as redoing the episode with a Japanese spin, Mecha Batman, Bat-Batman, that type of thing. But I didn't feel a rehash was needed, would have liked a fresh story to open up with.

sometimes I worry that i"m sexist because I'm not the biggest fan of Wonder Woman. Maybe it's because I don't know her deal like I do Bats, Supe, or GL. Oh well either way trailer looks good. I might have to catch that one.

There's something i've never understood, if she's an amazon, why is it that she can fly, but the others can't.

Ah i see, nevermind.

[quote name='JolietJake']There's something i've never understood, if she's an amazon, why is it that she can fly, but the others can't.

Ah i see, nevermind.[/QUOTE]

Strange things happen when a statue is brought to life

The main thing that bugged me about that Wonder Woman preview on the Gotham Knight DVD was that I kept wondering if 'wariess' was a real word.

On another note, I've been re-watching a lot of Batman TAS episodes recently, and I was wondering at what point in the timeline the "Mask of the Phantasm" movie takes place. That came out in... Christmas '92? or '93 maybe? Even though the TAS stories are pretty episodic, I wanna try to watch everything in order. I'm on the fourth disc of Volume Two right now.

[quote name='JolietJake']There's something i've never understood, if she's an amazon, why is it that she can fly, but the others can't.

Ah i see, nevermind.[/quote]

She has the attributes of the Greek gods.

That being said, I wonder why she isn't bulletproof.

I could swear she couldn't originally fly though. Thus the invisible jet. first time i watched Justice League i was a little surprised she flew.

[quote name='Wolfkin']sometimes I worry that i"m sexist because I'm not the biggest fan of Wonder Woman. Maybe it's because I don't know her deal like I do Bats, Supe, or GL. Oh well either way trailer looks good. I might have to catch that one.[/quote]
It's alright, the character was created to appeal to girls in the first place.

Meh. I've never been a fan of Wonder Woman. I may pick it up on the cheap in a few years, assuming it turns out be an enjoyable ride unlike that garbage Justice League Frontier.

In the DCAU timeline, was Joker linked to the death of Batman's parents in any way? I could swear I remember this being revealed in Mask Of The Phantasm, but I just watched that movie the other night and it wasn't in there. Was this in a Batman Adventures comic, or maybe another episode? Or is my memory playing tricks on me and I'm just mixing in details from the Tim Burton movie?

[quote name='BustaUppa']In the DCAU timeline, was Joker linked to the death of Batman's parents in any way? I could swear I remember this being revealed in Mask Of The Phantasm, but I just watched that movie the other night and it wasn't in there. Was this in a Batman Adventures comic, or maybe another episode? Or is my memory playing tricks on me and I'm just mixing in details from the Tim Burton movie?[/QUOTE]

Your mind is playing tricks on you, you are thinking of the female character from Mask of the Phantasm, Joker murdered her father over a mob payment.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who is a huge fan of the Batman:TAS music who has been dying for a release of some of this great music by Shirley Walker, wait is over!!!

http://lalalandrecords.com/BatmanAS.html

ORDER IT NOW!!![/quote]
Oh why did you have to go and post that? I went to buy it and then saw they had the soundtracks for Superman Doomsday, Justice League New Frontier, and Gotham Knight on sale for $6 each, I ended up spending $50 on soundtracks. ;)

[quote name='Kaijufan']Oh why did you have to go and post that? I went to buy it and then saw they had the soundtracks for Superman Doomsday, Justice League New Frontier, and Gotham Knight on sale for $6 each, I ended up spending $50 on soundtracks. ;)[/QUOTE]

Asshole you pointed out the others and made me buy another cd :lol:

[quote name='Kaijufan']Oh why did you have to go and post that? I went to buy it and then saw they had the soundtracks for Superman Doomsday, Justice League New Frontier, and Gotham Knight on sale for $6 each, I ended up spending $50 on soundtracks. ;)[/quote]

[quote name='Chase']Ordered it without hesitation. Thanks for the link, ITDEFX. :D[/quote]

[quote name='coolsteel']Asshole you pointed out the others and made me buy another cd :lol:[/quote]

Yea when i saw the other cd's for that price I was like #-ox 3 (for each cd).
I remembered reading about this months ago but totally forgot about it, now the autograph copies are sold out :( oh well, AT least we got something after all these years of waiting. Some of them are not my favorite episodes, but still something. I am willing to bet that we are going to get another release later down the road. The batgirl theme would be nice (shadow of the bat) and music from "His Silicon Soul" would be awesome.

My Batman the animated series cd came today (along with my T:TSCC CD)....oh boy, this is going to be great night for music!! :whee: Hope everyone ordered it on Friday when I posted the information about it...other wise don't expect til after the holidays.

RoTJ is rated :(

Bah..but thanks anyways..

Hey Gulie, did you order your Batman:TAS soundtrack yet?

I love every bit of it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']RoTJ is rated :(

Bah..but thanks anyways..

Hey Gulie, did you order your Batman:TAS soundtrack yet?

I love every bit of it.[/QUOTE]

Not yet. I've been frugal this holiday.

hahaha, just watched "Worlds Finest" again and I forgot how hard Batman owns Superman in that. He spends the whole movie just straight-up cockblocking Clark Kent.

Superman: Thank you. I couldn't have saved Lois without your help.
Batman: I'm aware of that.

Also, there's that part where Luthor's assistant chick skeaks up behind Batman, and he just throws up the backhand and knocks her right the fuck out. Damn, Bruce!

[quote name='BustaUppa']hahaha, just watched "Worlds Finest" again and I forgot how hard Batman owns Superman in that. He spends the whole movie just straight-up cockblocking Clark Kent.

Superman: Thank you. I couldn't have saved Lois without your help.
Batman: I'm aware of that.

Also, there's that part where Luthor's assistant chick skeaks up behind Batman, and he just throws up the backhand and knocks her right the fuck out. Damn, Bruce![/quote]

I've seen World's Finest several times, but reading your post put a wide grin on my face. :D

In their costumes Supes is supreme, but Clark Kent can't carry Bruce Wayne's jock. :lol:

Worlds Finest is awesome. The whole Batman and Superman cartoons were awesome. I also loved the episode where Bruce goes missing and Superman has to try and find him with Robin. The other episode with Supergirl and Batgirl teaming up was cool as well.

[quote name='ananag112']Worlds Finest is awesome. The whole Batman and Superman cartoons were awesome. I also loved the episode where Bruce goes missing and Superman has to try and find him with Robin. The other episode with Supergirl and Batgirl teaming up was cool as well.[/quote]
It was great when Superman dressed up as Batman, and Bane pounds on him to no effect. I was laughing so hard I had to rewind the DVD because I missed the next part.

[quote name='ananag112'] The other episode with Supergirl and Batgirl teaming up was cool as well.[/quote]

Where they were fighting Livewire, Poison Ivy and Harley right? Good stuff.

[quote name='Kaijufan']It was great when Superman dressed up as Batman, and Bane pounds on him to no effect. I was laughing so hard I had to rewind the DVD because I missed the next part.[/quote]

What robin said after Bane and company thrashed (or thought they did) Batman and for him to just to get up and thrash Bane..something to the effect "He's been working out.."

It's kinda funny really, supes could wipe out most batman villains in a single night. Maybe then Bruce could have a social life.

bread's done
Back