[Dead again :'(] Secondspin.com 20% off all used AND free shipping

cranguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
NOTE: This deal seems to toggle between dead/alive depending on whether SecondSpin is advertising on the Howard Stern show at any given time.

Update 6/18: Coupon is dead, long live the coupon!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']This is why it's called HEYNOW...and not HEYFORALITTLEWHILE ;)[/quote]

This deal is alive again with the code HEYNOW (thx TimTucker)

www.secondspin.com has a coupon HEYNOW which will give you 20% off anything used on their site (video games, CDs, and DVDs) PLUS free shipping. Enter the code on the last page of the checkout.

I buy a LOT from SecondSpin and its sister site Wherehouse.com (both owned by Transworld/fye, share the same stock) and I can tell you this is one of the best coupons I've ever seen from them. They often offer 20% off or free shipping, but I've never seen both.

Wherehouse actually had a similar code last week, but it was only good on CDs and DVDs. I was going to post that in the DVD Deals, but it was already 11 pm on the day that it expired, so I figured it wouldn't help many.

Also, if you've never ordered from SecondSpin/Wherehouse, know that their used items are almost always complete and in excellent condition. They are strict about what they accept, which is why I order so much from them. Also, customer service has always been very good to me.

Ordered Rogue Galaxy though people should mention tax and S&H as the total price. I was on the verge of buying Burnout Revenge but it's slightly more than what eBay prices are and I don't know if it's PH or not.

[quote name='JBaby']Wow, thanks! Some cheap cds I would never pay retail for.[/quote]

Ditto! Thanks, OP!

But first a question before I pull the trigger: Would I be correct to assume that the same standards of quality for games also applies to their CD's? (I'm mainly interested in knowing that everything's included--booklet + bonus dvd's, etc)

I don't think anyone mentioned this yet, but their games do come with a sticker in the back. It covers the UPC like the GS/EB sticker does. Just mentioning it in case some people don't like the stickers...

[quote name='Risrepkel']I don't think anyone mentioned this yet, but their games do come with a sticker in the back. It covers the UPC like the GS/EB sticker does. Just mentioning it in case some people don't like the stickers...[/quote]

Are they tough to remove?

I've never tried to remove it since they don't bother me. Do you usually hold the box over a source of steam until it peels off?

Here's a picture. There's nothing on the front or sides though.

[quote name='Risrepkel']I've never tried to remove it since they don't bother me. Do you usually hold the box over a source of steam until it peels off?

Here's a picture. There's nothing on the front or sides though.[/quote]

Oh, OK. I was expecting something like a big colored sticker with the website logo on it, or something. But it doesn't seem that annoying at all. Thanks for posting the picture.

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']You can always use the PayPal plug-in if they don't. You can use paypal anywhere nowadays because of that.[/quote]

Oh, what's that?

[quote name='mayamayouidiot']Oh, OK. I was expecting something like a big colored sticker with the website logo on it, or something. But it doesn't seem that annoying at all. Thanks for posting the picture.[/quote]

That still bothers me... but if the cover art and game disc are in great condition, I have plenty of black DVD cases to put them in.

[quote name='mayamayouidiot']Are they tough to remove?[/QUOTE]

From the ones I have received I have never had a hard time removing these. Generally you should be able to remove them without them ripping or leaving any residue on the case. The only thing I have ever needed to remove these stickers are my fingers. No goo gone needed.

[quote name='groundskeeper']From the ones I have received I have never had a hard time removing these. Generally you should be able to remove them without them ripping or leaving any residue on the case. The only thing I have ever needed to remove these stickers are my fingers. No goo gone needed.[/quote]

Must be the same type of adhesive the Gamestop uses with their new labels - comes off clean and fairly easy, which is good.

Also, I couldn't resist ordering a couple more games. Picked up Jak 3, Ratchet and Clank 2, Viva Pinata and Max Payne 2 for Xbox for $32.

God, CAG is seriously going to be the end of me.

Picked up Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria for a shade over $20 including WA tax. I know it was on sale new for the same price at Amazon and Buy.com but those sold out fast, and anyway Amazon would charge me sales tax while Buy.com would charge S&H. There are still 4 copies left.

Goddammit. Don't you hate it when there's 1 copy left of what you want, but you decide to order the next day because there's more stuff you want to add to your order...but of course, someone's already bought the one item you wanted most...fuck

Sorry, just wanted to get that off my chest.

Update: there goes another one when I take a break to eat lunch... :(

Just to point out, it seems like some limited editions like stranglehold and halo3, and valued for less than the regular copies.

[quote name='mayamayouidiot']Goddammit. Don't you hate it when there's 1 copy left of what you want, but you decide to order the next day because there's more stuff you want to add to your order...but of course, someone's already bought the one item you wanted most...fuck

Sorry, just wanted to get that off my chest.[/quote]

You probably shouldn't wait at all. The shipping's free and you can use the coupon as many times as you want. You can put in 5 separate orders for 5 games and it'll come to the same.

[quote name='Risrepkel']You probably shouldn't wait at all. The shipping's free and you can use the coupon as many times as you want. You can put in 5 separate orders for 5 games and it'll come to the same.[/quote]

Well thanks. I was assuming that's how it worked, but I guess I wanted just one order in case it wasn't that way. Does adding something to your shopping cart remove the item from being listed as in stock for everyone else? Or is that just affect how it looks from my particular computer (me being the person who put it in the cart)?

...I just bought 7 CD's I really like for $33.26 including tax, so basically each for $4...now that feels pretty damn good.

[quote name='zenintrude']

decided that i didn't need a second copy of rogue galaxy, so there's still one available... grab it quick, it's a steal @ $10[/quote]

Scratch that. It was 11.38 shipped. :D

yeah, if you add to cart, it no longer shows up, it remains up to 90 minutes if inactive, then is available again.
So what you want might still be there if someone else didn't pull the trigger

great deal.. I could complete my simpsons collection to date with this for really cheap.. damn too bad I just spent a load of my cash on some random games.. suck.

Oof. Something wrong with my credit card. They e-mailed me with a page asking for my name and phone number. Hopefully my order goes through.

Let's see what this promotion did to me:

11 cds (all but one for me)
Starship Troopers Special Edition 2 Disc

Total:
Around $33.00 shipped.

Can't beat it. Thanks for the heads up Cranguy!

For anyone who is interested, this is still going. You just have to use the coupon "heynow" instead of the one originally posted. I think someone already mentioned it earlier but i just wanted to confirm its still working.

[quote name='zenintrude']anyone get any confirmation? i ordered on... friday, i think... and i still have no idea if anything has shipped.[/QUOTE]

They called me to follow up on my credit card info today, and then I got an e-mail saying everything will ship soon. It does seem like it takes them a couple of days.

My games just arrived today (I ordered last thursday evening). All in good shape with cases manuals, etc. Only annoyance is the stupid red used stickers on the boxes, not sure why they don't put them on the shrink wrap instead of the box.

they are pretty good, i ordered on the 14th and i got all my items today (19th). most of my items were flawless and scratch free. the condition of their games kick ass, however some will be random and you might get a few greatest hits games. The stickers dont bother me too much, but they are easy to peel off. i usually recase them in new cases anyways. all my games came complete w/ manual except for one. i called the customer service line and they will be sending me a free replacement. this is much better than getting dirty, filthy, scratched up games from gamestop. :)

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Damn, do fye gift cards not work on this site? I thought they were all owned by the same company.[/QUOTE]

Worked fine for me the week before last. They had the identical sale a couple weekends ago for the Wherehouse.com site. Just to be accurate, my cards were merchanise credit (from trades) from FYE. I don't know why it would make a diff but it might if yours was a straight GC.

Been thinking about picking up Lost Odyssey for a while now. Hopefully snagged that one copy with this deal! Now if I can just get that pre-order content somewhere #-o

bread's done
Back