[DEAD] BB RZ Coupon - 30% off Blu-ray Movie $34.99 & under [11/5/10 - 11/14/10]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Valid 11/5/10–11/14/10 for Reward Zone® program Regular & Premier Silver members only in Best Buy® stores

PROMOTIONAL - 30% off regular priced Blu-ray Movie $34.99 & under

Premier Silver Member: Show your phone & this code to cashier: 1242461

http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/premier-1242461.html

Regular Member: Show your phone & this code to cashier: 1242489

http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/core-1242489.html

Markdowns taken from regular prices. Not valid with any other coupons or offers. Only available on Blu-ray formats. Excludes Avatar on Blu-ray. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Limit of 3 items per coupon. Valid on in store and in stock items only. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A.; excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Not valid at Best Buy Express Kiosks. Online and in-store offer may vary. Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon valid 11/5/10–11/14/10. JS2

Cashier Instructions: Enter coupon UPC. Scan all product(s) being sold. Press "Total."

BEST BUY, the BEST BUY logo, the tag design, BESTBUY.COM, REWARD ZONE and MAGNOLIA HOME THEATER are trademarks of BBY Solutions, Inc. All other trademarks or trade names are properties of their respective owners. BBY1110006-1 © 2010 Best Buy. All Rights Reserved.

More Coupons - http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/coupon-rz.html

Last edited by a moderator:
This could be nice if it works on sale prices too. The last 10% off coupon worked on sales despite having the same line about regular price only.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I'll be getting TS3 Combo Pk for $9.49 out to door. :D[/QUOTE]
How do you figure? The 30% comes off the non-sale price and can't be combined with w/e the Disney coupon ends up being? Or is this another one of those coupon deals where things magically work lol.

This would only be a good deal on Toy Story 3 if you can get the cashier to use the sale price and/or multiple coupons.
Besides this is supposed to be only for silver members and you have to spend about $2k in a year to get to silver status.

30% off $24.99 = $7.50 off
Better to just use the $8 manufacture coupon for Toy Story 3.

Now this would be useful on something like the Back to The Future Blu-ray set.
With 30% off it comes to $33.59 + tax.

[quote name='ravenz7']
Now this would be useful on something like the Back to The Future Blu-ray set.
With 30% off it comes to $33.59 + tax.[/QUOTE]
Oooh, nice.
Yeah, this will be awesome if it works on sale prices.

If it's like the usual BB coupon programming, it probably will work on sale prices. We'll just have to wait until the 5th and try it out.

Thanks nice...read it wrong at first, thought it was $34.99 and above LOL. Was hoping to use on Back to the Future trilogy. O well...

[quote name='javeryh']So you have to be a reward zone member? Is that free? How do I sign up?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you need to be a Reward Zone member, but you can sign up here: https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/programOverview.jspx

Also, thank you for this, OP.

EDIT:

[quote name='shrike4242']The OP might want to point out that this coupon and the other coupon link he listed are for Reward Silver Members only.[/QUOTE]

I thought that, too, but this is not the first time I will be taking advantage of this type of coupon (mobile device, RZ premiere silver exclusive). They didn't ask me for my RZ card (and they scanned mine, meaning they were aware that I didn't have silver status). Also, I bought two items, one of which was on sale, and the discount applied to both items (the sale item was a blu-ray film 2-pack consisting of La Femme Nikita and Run Lola Run that was originally over 20 bucks but on sale for 14.99).

Unlike the price/SKU/description discrepancies of the website, I'm assuming the YMMV nature of this coupon will be much more lenient and in our favor.

[quote name='jpmoney']I don't think you need to be a Reward Zone member[/QUOTE]

Actually, it says "Reward Zone® program Premier Silver members only", which I take to not only mean that you have to be a Reward Zone member, but you can't be one of the peons who doesn't drop thousands of dollars a year in Best Buy.

(I'm being sarcastic when I say that, of course -- despite the fact that I drop a fair amount of money in Best Buy, I've never gotten to "Silver" status. The one year that I even came close I still missed the cut-off by a few hundred points.)

what do they mean for showing your phone do i need to have this coupon in my phone or can i just print it and showd to the cashier??

[quote name='joshxx']what do they mean for showing your phone do i need to have this coupon in my phone or can i just print it and showd to the cashier??[/QUOTE]

there was one a couple weeks ago that said the same thing, but with 10% off, and I used a print out at 3 different stores. I 'flash' my phone with a new ROM almost ever other day so I don't ever keep text messages..just say something like "I accidentally deleted all my texts!" or "text messages? who saves those??" Should work fine.

Man, this coupon will make some stuff dirt cheap, I think imma try with some of those $10-$12 horror blu rays that are on sale, thank god I'm Silver thru 2012!

and Jodou, I think this will work in conjunction with the sales for TS3 (like shrike said if the system is 'glitched' like it always is) and whatever the manufacturer coupon is. Each of those are utilized at 2 different points in the transactions, so one would not void the other..

FLOL just text the "super secret code" to yourself, then show them the code on the phone. You think the typical Best Buy checkout worker bees will care?

[quote name='token2k6']and Jodou, I think this will work in conjunction with the sales for TS3 (like shrike said if the system is 'glitched' like it always is) and whatever the manufacturer coupon is. Each of those are utilized at 2 different points in the transactions, so one would not void the other..[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and I should know better by now. It's just that it's not a conventional coupon that threw me.

By the way, the previous Silver member coupon that I used can be found here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274533

This one is also thanks to iNCREDiPiNOY.

http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/premier-1158612.html

(notice that it says "...when you use your Reward Zone® program Premier Silver membership")

The reason why I used it instead of the one for regular Reward Zone members is because the other one expired on the 11th and this one expired on the 17th (I made my purchase on, I believe, the 13th).

Not saying that this will totally work, but I've had okay experience with it in the past and feel it's worth a shot.

[quote name='jlieu']Thanks nice...read it wrong at first, thought it was $34.99 and above LOL. Was hoping to use on Back to the Future trilogy. O well...[/QUOTE]

I guess I forgot about the up to $34.99 part. So Back to The Future is out...o well.

30% off yayyayayayayyayyayayay!!!!!
:whee:

Silver members should get at least 10% everyday anyways as we spend more :(......but I guess that extra 25% bonus points on purchases helps out too :)

Wonder how much BTTF bd will be off sale. Might take advantage of that.

edit:

nevermind... 34.99 and under whoops

My Silver status expires after Feb 2011, so I took a look at how total spent. 1220, and you need 2500. How the hell am I supposed to spend another 1300 dollars? :(

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']My Silver status expires after Feb 2011, so I took a look at how total spent. 1220, and you need 2500. How the hell am I supposed to spend another 1300 dollars? :([/QUOTE]

Do either an 18 month or 36 month no interest on the BB CC and upgrade your HTC!!! :)

coupon did not work with any of the scary movies on sale. brought up Halloween 2, Prom Night and The Mist, guy entered everything right, but they did not package to a lower price. There were definitely asterisks by the price too. Oh well..

I guess BB actually did their job and fixed the coupon so it wouldn't work with anything that's on sale. There's a bit of a surprise. :whistle2:s

[quote name='shrike4242']I guess BB actually did their job and fixed the coupon so it wouldn't work with anything that's on sale. There's a bit of a surprise. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
Yeah, so much for $10 TS3 lol.

[quote name='token2k6']coupon did not work with any of the scary movies on sale. brought up Halloween 2, Prom Night and The Mist, guy entered everything right, but they did not package to a lower price. There were definitely asterisks by the price too. Oh well..[/QUOTE]

Coupon isn't active yet though ;)

[quote name='Br4inDead']Coupon isn't active yet though ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Shan82']Yeah, that's what I was wondering. Sale or not, I don't think a coupon would work prior to the start date?[/QUOTE]

jesus, I was too overzealous and had time to kill! Don't know what I was thinking..I forget how iNCREDiPINOY gets these out super early. My bad guys :lol: :roll:

I accidentally :D;) cropped the top of the coupon printout that states "For Reward Zone Silver Members Only blah blah"...thus the only requirement now, according to the printout, is that the cashier enter the code and that I "show them my phone".

I guess now I just have to present a phone and have them enter the code.:lol:

[quote name='karkyco']I accidentally :D;) cropped the top of the coupon printout that states "For Reward Zone Silver Members Only blah blah"...thus the only requirement now, according to the printout, is that the cashier enter the code and that I "show them my phone".

I guess now I just have to present a phone and have them enter the code.:lol:[/QUOTE]

You realize that the programmers probably only made the code active with silver accounts in the system, right? There's people that work for Best Buy specifically to thwart people like you from redeeming coupons. It's extremely possible that the cashier can type in the code all day long, but unless you're a silver member, it's not going to work.

[quote name='Scorch']You realize that the programmers probably only made the code active with silver accounts in the system, right? There's people that work for Best Buy specifically to thwart people like you from redeeming coupons. It's extremely possible that the cashier can type in the code all day long, but unless you're a silver member, it's not going to work.[/QUOTE]
After the countless times BB has given away free stuff over and over with coupons even after catching and stopping it with some items only to do it again later with something else. I highly doubt anyone actually took the time to limit the coupon to silver accounts only; the limiting was probably only sending it to silver members.

I've always had very mixed results with the 10% coupons... won't work on sale items most of the time. Once it worked on all sale items... last month I bought 3 items on sale and it worked on one of 'em...

I expect this to be the same way... just have to get lucky for it to work.

[quote name='Scorch']You realize that the programmers probably only made the code active with silver accounts in the system, right? There's people that work for Best Buy specifically to thwart people like you from redeeming coupons. It's extremely possible that the cashier can type in the code all day long, but unless you're a silver member, it's not going to work.[/QUOTE]

FLOL Scorchy...I know exactly the quality of the Best Buy programmers and their work...incredibly laughable at best.

They haven't been able to program a single coupon/discount in the past to be exploit/glitch free...this case won't be any different. Recall the B2G1 bonus deal last year? Where the most expensive one would randomly come out free (usually when it was the second game rung up), thus allowing you to get $60 new releases for the cost of two $5-$10 games? I'm sure I'll be juuuuuust fine.

I just texted myself since I don't use mobile browser.
Best Buy Movie Offer:
30% off any regular
priced Blu-ray Movie
$34.99 & under. Available
Friday. Offer expires
11/14. Show code to
cashier: 1242461. HELP
for info, STOP to quit.

Interesting... Saw it @ Blu-ray deals forum

[quote name='AfflictedOne']received a flyer in the mail today with this same coupon for non silver members... runs the same days..[/QUOTE]

Another way to earn Premier Silver status is to get the Reward Zone MasterCard. If you spend $2500 on it outside of the store in a year, you can earn Premier Silver. I just put most of my bills on it and I earn that status in no time. Also, when you use that card with Premier Silver status in-store, you get 2.5 points per dollar, which is 5% rewards. Not bad...

Also, FYI, these coupons are the mobile versions of coupons that will be available in a Premier Silver promo pack direct mail piece that will be in home shortly.

I got this in the mail from Best Buy today and I'm pretty sure I'm not a Silver Member.

To get all these coupons on your web-enabled Smart-Phone text ZONE to 332211

[quote name='SLeeK719']hope this works on sale prices...[/QUOTE]

Regular prices only.

Markdowns taken from regular prices. Not valid with any other coupons or offers. Only available on Blu-ray formats. Excludes Avatar on Blu-ray. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Limit of 3 items per coupon. Valid on in store and in stock items only. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A.; excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Not valid at Best Buy Express Kiosks. Online and in-store offer may vary. Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon valid 11/5/10–11/14/10

I might show the handwritten code just to try my luck on Alien & B2tF Boxset.

Alien - $109.99 - 30% = $76.99
B2tF - $54.99 - 30% = $38.49

bread's done
Back