[DEAD]BB Sept @Gamer Mag $10 Brink OR Hunted:TDF, $30 D:SF $40 Rise of Nightmares

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Current Sales
:360: Rise of Nightmares $39.99 after $10 coupon
:360::ps3: Driver: San Francisco $29.99 after $10 coupon
:360::ps3::wii: Tiger Woods PGA 12 The Masters $39.99/$29.99 after $20 coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Brink $9.99 after $20/$10 coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Hunted: Demon Forge $9.99 after $20/$10 coupon
:pc: Razer Naga Epic Mouse $119.99 after $10 coupon
:pc: Tritton Headsets $49.99/$109.99/$149.99 after $20 coupon
:ps3: Move Controller $39.99 after $10 coupon

General Info
Thanks + credit to AcidRain25

Battlefield 3 VS MW3 is on the cover: coupons live from 8/28-10-/1

$5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

Previous 2 months coupons for those who may not think the $15 sub is worth it [1,2]

Link provided for those who still have issues getting stores to allow the coupons to stack, BB Corp response
Link for any issues that take place month to month

****The coupons stack w/SALES PRICES****
****Price Matching DOES NOT STACK w/@gamer coupons****
****Even my VERY VERY generous local BB's will say no 1 or the other****

So when a $30 game like Brink goes on sale for $20 stacking the coupon makes the final price $10.. I'll update the OP as sales change & the title will reflect the lowest price AFTER COUPON has been taken off.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nuuuuj']So just went to my local BB and saw that both Brink and Hunted were listed at $29.99, but with "As Advertised" above the price. Are we sure that the MSRP for both games has dropped? The worst thing that could happen is that we walk in on Sunday and both games are back at 60.[/QUOTE]
'As advertised' means it was advertised in the ad. No dependency on if its on sale or not.

[quote name='bojay1997']Pretty sure it's a permanent price drop as the website doesn't say "sale" or anything under the price.[/QUOTE]

Normally I would agree, but two things:

1. Brink for PS3 was still listed at 59.99
2. Lately, a bunch of games have been on sale, but haven't had "sale" under the price on the website.

Well I'm all for Brink for 10 bucks! I LOVE the art style, but what I've read about the AI and the game format, there was no way I'd pay "full price" for the game. I just want to make characters and blast away, shame the online isn't as responsive as other titles.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Normally I would agree, but two things:

1. Brink for PS3 was still listed at 59.99
2. Lately, a bunch of games have been on sale, but haven't had "sale" under the price on the website.[/QUOTE]

That's a failure of your store to keep up with mark-downs. Brink on PS3 is also $30 in store and on the website.

[quote name='kofijamal']Well I'm all for Brink for 10 bucks! I LOVE the art style, but what I've read about the AI and the game format, there was no way I'd pay "full price" for the game. I just want to make characters and blast away, shame the online isn't as responsive as other titles.[/QUOTE]The online is going to be active once this the coupons go live.

[quote name='Enuf']The online is going to be active once this the coupons go live.[/QUOTE]

Yea this will go wonderfully with the free DLC :)

[quote name='Xellos2099']I just receive my gamer today and to my surprise, they included a free gamer club unlock coupon for free.[/QUOTE]

Cool! I hope I get mine today too, I really want Hunted for $10.

[quote name='Xellos2099']I just receive my gamer today and to my surprise, they included a free gamer club unlock coupon for free.[/QUOTE]

A what? Not sure what that is, can someone explain?

Technically it say it will unlock the best buy gamer club sub for free and a free restart on the magazine. And a bad new... both Brink and Hunted is on the same coupon

[quote name='Xellos2099']Technically it say it will unlock the best buy gamer club sub for free and a free restart on the magazine.[/QUOTE]

Free re-start for existing members? Meaning, you get a free year from when you use it? If that's the case, that's good and bad. Sucks for everyone that just joined, good for everyone that was already a subscriber (assuming their subscription ends soon).

[quote name='Xellos2099']Technically it say it will unlock the best buy gamer club sub for free and a free restart on the magazine. And a bad new... both Brink and Hunted is on the same coupon[/QUOTE]

Everyone knows that they are on the same coupon, what isn't known is whether you can use that coupon to get $20 off both games or only one.

I'm certainly going to try though.

Why dont you guys just scan the coupon on your color printer? To get it two sided, just flip the first side print over.

I do this all the time if I need extra coupons. If they give you sh1t about buying two games with two coupons, just have your girlfriend with you to do the 2nd transaction.

I have never been denied. Just a thought.

Question: When is the Brink/Hunted price drop go into affect?
When do the Sept. Issues go on sale?
May swing by Sunday if its then cause i also have to pick up some framed art from Michaels.

[quote name='exceed19'] If they give you sh1t about buying two games with two coupons, just have your girlfriend with you to do the 2nd transaction.

I have never been denied. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

what is the strange girlfriend you speak off?
And where might i acquire one at?
I really want them both.

Everyone who signs up through 9/11/11 will get the coupon for the restart. If you signed up by 7/28, you'll get the coupon and Sep issue by 8/31. If you signed up between 7/29 and 8/11, you'll get the coupon and Sep issue by 9/9. Anyone signing up between 8/11 and 9/11 will get a letter mailed to them with the coupon. Those will be going out roughly two weeks after signing up. You have until 10/29/11 to bring the coupon in and join the paid Reward Zone Gamers club and restart your subscription for free.

The first issue that counts toward your subscription is the first one you receive in the mail. So if you get one free in store when you sign up (which you should unless the store ran out) you actually get 11 issues with your subscription.

The new Reward Zone Gamers Club program (the paid version, Unlocked) and the new version of the free version begin on Sep 12th. Your best bet for those who haven't signed up already will be to go in on the 12th. You'll get the Sep issue right there, are signed up for the new club where you get 10 issues of the magazine mailed to you ($100 minimum of coupons included in each), 10% bonus on your trade ins (for store credit only), 10% off preowned games and 2x RZ points on new software and accessory purchases (includes digital purchases).

And of course by being a RZGC member, you are eligibile for the preorder 5 and buy them within 5 days of release offer as well. $100 in RZ at the end about 35 days after the last purchase.

Hopefully the information transfter problems stop and everybody gets their magazine on time.

[quote name='dc delta90']Everyone who signs up through 9/11/11 will get the coupon for the restart. If you signed up by 7/28, you'll get the coupon and Sep issue by 8/31. If you signed up between 7/29 and 8/11, you'll get the coupon and Sep issue by 9/9. Anyone signing up between 8/11 and 9/11 will get a letter mailed to them with the coupon. Those will be going out roughly two weeks after signing up. You have until 10/29/11 to bring the coupon in and join the paid Reward Zone Gamers club and restart your subscription for free.

The first issue that counts toward your subscription is the first one you receive in the mail. So if you get one free in store when you sign up (which you should unless the store ran out) you actually get 11 issues with your subscription.

The new Reward Zone Gamers Club program (the paid version, Unlocked) and the new version of the free version begin on Sep 12th. Your best bet for those who haven't signed up already will be to go in on the 12th. You'll get the Sep issue right there, are signed up for the new club where you get 10 issues of the magazine mailed to you ($100 minimum of coupons included in each), 10% bonus on your trade ins (for store credit only), 10% off preowned games and 2x RZ points on new software and accessory purchases (includes digital purchases).

And of course by being a RZGC member, you are eligibile for the preorder 5 and buy them within 5 days of release offer as well. $100 in RZ at the end about 35 days after the last purchase.

Hopefully the information transfter problems stop and everybody gets their magazine on time.[/QUOTE]

so if the coupon is for new sub can we get an extra copy of september issue in store when I activate so I can get brink and hunted

[quote name='Ramandur']so if the coupon is for new sub can we get an extra copy of september issue in store when I activate so I can get brink and hunted[/QUOTE]

What's crazy about this thread is that everyone is talking about this like it actually works. Thus far, one person has tried to do it and the coupon is not active (i.e. it didn't work). Unless Hunted and Brink are $29.99 on Sunday, it sounds like this could be a dead deal.

Now, of course, this could vary depending on your BBY but as of now, we don't have any successful reports. I'm curious to see what we hear as people try this out.

[quote name='dc delta90']Everyone who signs up through 9/11/11 will get the coupon for the restart. If you signed up by 7/28, you'll get the coupon and Sep issue by 8/31. If you signed up between 7/29 and 8/11, you'll get the coupon and Sep issue by 9/9. Anyone signing up between 8/11 and 9/11 will get a letter mailed to them with the coupon. Those will be going out roughly two weeks after signing up. You have until 10/29/11 to bring the coupon in and join the paid Reward Zone Gamers club and restart your subscription for free.[/QUOTE]

So what happens to those of us that have subscriptions through December or later? Will we be grandfathered in and automatically a part of the new program until our subscriptions end? If so, and the coupon is valid till 10/29, can we go in on 10/28 and restart?

Or do we need to go in on 9/12 and join?

Well I am losing hope my mag will be here tomorrow. My BB did not have a ton of copies of Hunted so I just hope their will be a copy when I do get my mag. I was at the store yesterday and looking at the new magazine and a few of them had VOID written over the bar code for the $20 off Hunted or Brink. Not every magazine but a few. Like a dummy I did not ask the reason why but I sure hope it was not a pricing mistake (complete rumor and not intended as an fact).

[quote name='romeogbs19']What's crazy about this thread is that everyone is talking about this like it actually works. Thus far, one person has tried to do it and the coupon is not active (i.e. it didn't work). Unless Hunted and Brink are $29.99 on Sunday, it sounds like this could be a dead deal.

Now, of course, this could vary depending on your BBY but as of now, we don't have any successful reports. I'm curious to see what we hear as people try this out.[/QUOTE]

Wait...the coupon is not good until Sunday right? Why would have it worked before then anyway?

The Sep issue coupons don't start until 8/28. They WILL be good to go on Sunday.

Cancerman, what store were you at that had void written on the coupons?

[quote name='nuuuuj']So what happens to those of us that have subscriptions through December or later? Will we be grandfathered in and automatically a part of the new program until our subscriptions end? If so, and the coupon is valid till 10/29, can we go in on 10/28 and restart?

Or do we need to go in on 9/12 and join?[/QUOTE]

Nope, need to go in with the coupon and sign up.

You can go in on 10/28 if you'd like, just won't get the new benefits of the new club until you do that though.

So this is entirely circumstancial, but I talked to my girl at the BB video game desk today about it (I was asking if she had the new mag yet so I could snag one and she said they aren't allowed to put them out till Sunday). She was aware of the coupon and said that as far as she knows it can be used on both games (she wasn't 100% mind you), but I definitely got the implication from her that she would certainly try to honor the coupon for both games. I know it's only one person, but it is at least some hope that BB employees will read it as able to be used on either or both. The store had like 340 copies of Brink (like very other BB I've been to) so it probably wouldn't be a hard sell to get someone to do it honestly.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']So this is entirely circumstancial, but I talked to my girl at the BB video game desk today about it (I was asking if she had the new mag yet so I could snag one and she said they aren't allowed to put them out till Sunday). She was aware of the coupon and said that as far as she knows it can be used on both games (she wasn't 100% mind you), but I definitely got the implication from her that she would certainly try to honor the coupon for both games. I know it's only one person, but it is at least some hope that BB employees will read it as able to be used on either or both. The store had like 340 copies of Brink (like very other BB I've been to) so it probably wouldn't be a hard sell to get someone to do it honestly.[/QUOTE]

It will depend on how it packages out after both games and the coupon have been scanned and totaled. If it only takes off $10 total - you would have to do 2 separate transactions.

Obviously, that would then be YMMV if you have a cool cashier willing to scan the same coupon for both transactions.

[quote name='romeogbs19']What's crazy about this thread is that everyone is talking about this like it actually works. Thus far, one person has tried to do it and the coupon is not active (i.e. it didn't work). Unless Hunted and Brink are $29.99 on Sunday, it sounds like this could be a dead deal.

Now, of course, this could vary depending on your BBY but as of now, we don't have any successful reports. I'm curious to see what we hear as people try this out.[/QUOTE]

Both games were $29.99 tonight at my BB. Also this price online and there is no mention of "Sale", so as others have said, I would think this is the new MSRP.

I saw the mag on Sunday at a BB, but only glanced briefly at the coupon and did not notice if it specified the price after coupon (like the GOW Collection coupon for this month). If it did not, $20 off $29.99 is $9.99.

im confused.. how do i get hunted for 10 bucks? I dont see any coupons or anything. Do i have to subscribe to some game magazine and it has coupons inside or something? Can someone please elaborate?

sorry if its a dumb question but the OP isn't very clear on this

[quote name='VIDEOGAME IGODI']Can someone 'scan' the coupons and post them here. I would love to be able to price match at walmart...:D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shrike4242']Coupon scans aren't allowed. Please don't ask again for one.[/QUOTE]

Here you go...

[quote name='Kenshindono']im confused.. how do i get hunted for 10 bucks? I dont see any coupons or anything. Do i have to subscribe to some game magazine and it has coupons inside or something? Can someone please elaborate?

sorry if its a dumb question but the OP isn't very clear on this[/QUOTE]

You use the coupons that come in every @Gamer magazine, so you have to either buy the mag on the spot or subscribe. $20 coupon off a $30 game = $10 goodness.

Got my issue in the mail today. Sweet, gonna buy Hunted on Sunday.

[quote name='Kenshindono']im confused.. how do i get hunted for 10 bucks? I dont see any coupons or anything. Do i have to subscribe to some game magazine and it has coupons inside or something? Can someone please elaborate?
sorry if its a dumb question but the OP isn't very clear on this[/QUOTE]You've got to be kidding me..."the OP isn't very clear" really?

1-the title- "Sept. @gamer mag"= Septembers issue of their @gamer magzine
2-2nd line in the OP-"Battlefield 3 VS MW3 is on the cover: coupons live from 8/28-10-/1=what's on the mags cover, that IT the has coupons & when they're valid from.
3-The entire 1st paragraph has the pricing for the mag along with a link to the mags site.
4-"I'll update the OP as sales change & the title will reflect the lowest price AFTER COUPON has been taken off."=a complete explanation of how one of the games($10 one in the title) becomes $10 "after coupon".
5-there's even links to the current prices of each game showing the $30 price, the coupons verbage "$20 off" & the final price after the coupon.
"$20 off Brink or Hunted: Demon Forge: PS3/Xbox($10 after coupon)" don't know how much clearer it can be & the OP hasn't been edited since Monday 8/22 so it's not like I changed it then responded to you, you just "missed".... everything.

[quote name='VIDEOGAME IGODI']Can someone 'scan' the coupons and post them here. I would love to be able to price match at walmart...:D[/QUOTE]You'll need to make a trip to BB & take some phone pics that can then be taken to Walmart.

[quote name='VIDEOGAME IGODI']Can someone 'scan' the coupons and post them here. I would love to be able to price match at walmart...:D[/QUOTE]

Wal-mart will not price match coupons for video games. And no, no scan for you.

i got brink for $10 yesterday I forgot its not good until Sunday and they had 3 people trying to figure out why it wouldn't scan but they gave me the $20 off

I dunno if they were bullshitting but the guys at my bb said they had not recieved the sept magazines yet so they didn't think they'd have them for sunday.. lame.

He did say as far as he knows hunted is a permanent drop. Hope i can score a copy.

[quote name='atc250es']Got my Mag in the mail today, just in time for tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Grrr. My mag still hasn't arrived. Wasn't in the mail today and coupons go active tomorrow. I subscribed in-store back in July, so it's been probably 6 weeks by now.

Anyone have an 800-number I can call to actually talk to customer service? I couldn't find one on their site, just an email address ([email protected]). I sent an email last night but haven't heard anything back. Maybe they only check it during weekdays, who knows.

In addition to the @Gamer September 2011 magazine I received in the mail with my subscription, I also received a coupon for a free Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked membership ($14.99 value) redeemable September 12, 2011 - October 29, 2011. This came as a separate piece of paper enclosed with my magazine with watermarked security printing on the back to prevent photocopies.

This makes me feel better about spending money on the @Gamer subscription earlier this year. This is definitely a good move on Best Buy's part to keep existing loyal customers happy.

They better keep chugging out good deals to keep up with newegg's latest offers....

informer

[quote name='informer']In addition to the @Gamer September 2011 magazine I received in the mail with my subscription, I also received a coupon for a free Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked membership ($14.99 value) redeemable September 12, 2011 - October 29, 2011. This came as a separate piece of paper enclosed with my magazine with watermarked security printing on the back to prevent photocopies.

This makes me feel better about spending money on the @Gamer subscription earlier this year. This is definitely a good move on Best Buy's part to keep existing loyal customers happy.

They better keep chugging out good deals to keep up with newegg's latest offers....

informer[/QUOTE]

Yup, mine came with that also.

I saw magazines earlier this week at my local Best Buy. Plenty of copies of Brink but only a few Hunteds for 360....still undecided about whether I'll venture out on Sunday.

[quote name='atc250es']Yup, mine came with that also.[/QUOTE]Same here, that went a long way towards easing my unrest with the changes in the program, at least for another year.

$20 off Brink or Hunted: Demon Forge: PS3/Xbox($10 after coupon)

i know it says $20 off brink OR hunted but im just wondering if anyone has ever had good luck in getting 2 games with one coupon or will i really need 2 coupons.

ive never even seen the mag before-but if i can get both games with one coupon id def pick up this mag

[quote name='youenvy']$20 off Brink or Hunted: Demon Forge: PS3/Xbox($10 after coupon)

i know it says $20 off brink OR hunted but im just wondering if anyone has ever had good luck in getting 2 games with one coupon or will i really need 2 coupons.

ive never even seen the mag before-but if i can get both games with one coupon id def pick up this mag[/QUOTE]

Do you not read posts. Someone already tried to use a coupon and it didn't work plus the coupon is not valid until tomorrow.

[quote name='boogie4114']Do you not read posts. Someone already tried to use a coupon and it didn't work plus the coupon is not valid until tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

i know the coupon doesn't work till tomorrow. Im not asking that.

im asking if anyone has ever had good luck using one coupon to get 2 games in the past (maybe i should have worded it different in my original post) or do you normally need one coupon per game.

[quote name='atc250es']No one knows at this point, I'll be trying tomorrow at opening and will report here. (eastern time zone)[/QUOTE]

good luck and thanks

ill be sure to check

[quote name='boogie4114']Do you not read posts. Someone already tried to use a coupon and it didn't work plus the coupon is not valid until tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

LOL

[quote name='youenvy']i know the coupon doesn't work till tomorrow. Im not asking that.

im asking if anyone has ever had good luck using one coupon to get 2 games in the past (maybe i should have worded it different in my original post) or do you normally need one coupon per game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='atc250es']No one knows at this point, I'll be trying tomorrow at opening and will report here. (eastern time zone)[/QUOTE]

Yes, CAGs have had luck getting one BB gamer coupon applied to multiple items. It is YMMV.

bread's done
Back