[DEAD] Donkey Konga w/ bongos $15 at Wal-Mart B&M (YMMV)

dark_inchworm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I meant to post about this a week ago, but I haven't had the time. Anyway. After stopping at my local Wally World at about 11 PM Friday night, I noticed that they had cut Donkey Konga from $50 to $25 and then to $15. I didn't ask about it, but my Splendid Logic leads me to believe that it takes up way too much shelf space and sells very slowly. So I took advantage of this good offer. And after checking in again just yesterday, they still had a really large portion of their stock.

Maybe it's just my Wal-Mart, but 'ey, why not check your own?

Also, they had the bongos themselves for $15 as well.

(btw, I really really doubt any of you will pass through there, but the Wal-Mart in question is in Hohenwald, TN)

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='saber07']question, could you return these to a different walmart if you didnt open the package and didnt have the receipt?[/quote]

No, and please refrain from discussing such matters on this site. Thank you.[/quote]

Can we still talk about testicle trading?

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='saber07']question, could you return these to a different walmart if you didnt open the package and didnt have the receipt?[/quote]

No, and please refrain from discussing such matters on this site. Thank you.[/quote]

Can we still talk about testicle trading?[/quote]

:rofl: Yes.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='saber07']question, could you return these to a different walmart if you didnt open the package and didnt have the receipt?[/quote]

Can we still talk about testicle trading?[/quote]

:rofl: Yes.[/quote]

Good.. 'cause.. um.. I was.. asking for a friend, and stuff.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']and I happen to have a friend with three testicles that would be happy to trade your "friend" his extra one[/quote]

Tell him to get in line.

[quote name='DemonAlcohol']Did anyone pick up extras that they are selling to us CAGers? If so, pm me pelase. :)[/quote]

What.. the.. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='DemonAlcohol']Did anyone pick up extras that they are selling to us CAGers? If so, pm me pelase. :)[/quote]

What.. the.. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)[/quote]
Don't go for the brick wall, go straight to the fridge.
:twoguns: :fridge:

Blargh.

Anyway, I don't even live near a Wal-Mart. Sounds like a good deal, but extremely YMMV.

[quote name='EndlessChris']I love how 8 pages of "My Wal-Mart has nothing" still isn't enough for people to let this thread die.[/quote]

..why would we let it die? A fellow CAG'er got 8 copies and is now selling them.. other people live near this Wal-Mart.. it's possible there's no other Wal-Mart doing this.. why would we let this thread die?

[quote name='guessed']
And Tjordan: I didn't pick this up for you just so you could trade it for a testicle, so you better be planning to use the game/bongos. :lol:[/quote]

Don't worry, I'll be using it. I wouldn't want a testicle anyway. But I must admit the leg offer is pretty tempting...

[quote name='dwsscs']Deal sounds false! Since no one but the OP has found it, but I could be wrong.[/quote]

guessed went to that WalMart and picked up seven. It's real, but just very YMMV.

[quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='dwsscs']Deal sounds false! Since no one but the OP has found it, but I could be wrong.[/quote]

guessed went to that WalMart and picked up seven. It's real, but just very YMMV.[/quote]

Some dumb ass decided to mark them down I guess.

Ok, sorry it took so long for an update, but here is the situation:

Scorch and Swick are local deliveries (pretty local), and will be getting theirs at cost.

TJordan522, PunqSux, SolidSnakeX99, neonglow, CouRageouS please contact me with your shipping info. The price is $25, which I am pretty sure will cover shipping with Fedex (which I think is the probably the best way to ship these things, since they will be encased in larger (in some cases much larger) boxes for protection. If anyone has a better/cheaper idea for shipping, please let me know in this thread). If you want one of the Jet Blacks as well, the total is $31 shipped.

I don't take paypal. I usually would require at least 5 feedback to do a simultaneous trade, but I'm going to let CouRageouS slide by with his 3. Sorry snake, I don't see any feedback for you, so I am going to have to receive payment first. Once I receive each PM, I will respond with my mailing address. I will do my best to get these sent out this week.

If any of these people beg out, I already have a list of alternates, so, please, no more requests. Believe me, I wish I could have gotten more (although I'm not sure how I would have gotten them home, my car was stuffed full).

[quote name='EndlessChris']I love how 8 pages of "My Wal-Mart has nothing" still isn't enough for people to let this thread die.[/quote]

Silliness indeed... but I only expected this to get maybe a page of replies, so my ego has been nurtured well.

har :)

[quote name='EndlessChris']I love how 8 pages of "My Wal-Mart has nothing" still isn't enough for people to let this thread die.[/quote]I read this thread when it first started and it was getting several posts for something that should have already been known to only be at that store, since all Wal-mart markdowns are only supposed to be at 1 certain store. Then I see this has 9 pages, and I'm shocked at how that happened. :?

And is guessed everywhere? He always gets the great deals in a location where it doesn't seem anyone lese would be there. I wish I was him. :wink:

EDIT- :shock: You actually went through with the road trip? That's crazy! You're such a great CAG.

[quote name='guessed']Ok, sorry it took so long for an update, but here is the situation:

Scorch and Swick are local deliveries (pretty local), and will be getting theirs at cost.

TJordan522, PunqSux, SolidSnakeX99, neonglow, CouRageouS please contact me with your shipping info. The price is $25, which I am pretty sure will cover shipping with Fedex (which I think is the probably the best way to ship these things, since they will be encased in larger (in some cases much larger) boxes for protection. If anyone has a better/cheaper idea for shipping, please let me know in this thread). If you want one of the Jet Blacks as well, the total is $31 shipped.

I don't take paypal. I usually would require at least 5 feedback to do a simultaneous trade, but I'm going to let CouRageouS slide by with his 3. Sorry snake, I don't see any feedback for you, so I am going to have to receive payment first. Once I receive each PM, I will respond with my mailing address. I will do my best to get these sent out this week.

If any of these people beg out, I already have a list of alternates, so, please, no more requests. Believe me, I wish I could have gotten more (although I'm not sure how I would have gotten them home, my car was stuffed full).[/quote]
:shock: I'm surprised I requested one in time. Guessed you are my new hero, a PM is coming your way shortly.

Aw man, there was a waiting list? I wasn't aware. It's all good...this is pretty awesome that you're doing this for fellow CAGers though

[quote name='Wario64']Aw man, there was a waiting list? I wasn't aware. It's all good...this is pretty awesome that you're doing this for fellow CAGers though[/quote]

Your dog is pretty upset he's not on the waiting list.

[quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='Wario64']Aw man, there was a waiting list? I wasn't aware. It's all good...this is pretty awesome that you're doing this for fellow CAGers though[/quote]

Your dog is pretty upset he's not on the waiting list.[/quote]

:rofl:

thats pretty funny

[quote name='screwkick']Is this deal any good, even at $15. Game and bongos seem lame.[/quote]

Donkey Konga is by far the best rhythm game I've ever played. I haven't tried Taiko yet, but regardless...it's worth more than the $15.

I'm going to have to disagree with darkwing here. Donkey Konga seems like it was thrown together in a month, and it's a pretty poor game overall. The game concept itself is fun, but the song collection is absolutely terrible. There's only like 35 songs, a good collection of which are utter crap like the themes to Kirby and Pokemon. Plus there's no new songs to unlock, just harder versions of the same crappy songs.

Hopefully DK: Jungle Beat and that pinball game will justify buying these stupid bongos.

[quote name='EndlessChris']I'm going to have to disagree with darkwing here. Donkey Konga seems like it was thrown together in a month, and it's a pretty poor game overall. The game concept itself is fun, but the song collection is absolutely terrible. There's only like 35 songs, a good collection of which are utter crap like the themes to Kirby and Pokemon. Plus there's no new songs to unlock, just harder versions of the same crappy songs.

Hopefully DK: Jungle Beat and that pinball game will justify buying these stupid bongos.[/quote]

The song selection is the main gripe I hear about Donkey Konga. Sure, I'd never listen to 98% of that stuff outside of the game, but inside the game it works fine for me. I don't expect them to throw Slipknot into a Nintendo game anyway. :p Regardless, it's the play mechanics that I like, I think...IMO the bongos are an infinitely more intuitive way to play such a game than using a regular controller. Like everything else, it just depends on what sort of taste you have.

Hate DDR?
Think Parappa 2 is bleh?
You may like Donkey Konga. That's the way it turned out for me. :)

[quote name='darkwingduck13'][quote name='screwkick']Is this deal any good, even at $15. Game and bongos seem lame.[/quote]

Donkey Konga is by far the best rhythm game I've ever played. I haven't tried Taiko yet, but regardless...it's worth more than the $15.[/quote]
Best rhythm game you ever played? :shock: Guess you never played Beatmania, Pop N Music, Guitar Freaks or any other Bemani game. Even Amplitude (especially online) has more substance than DK. I love almost every rhythm game and I enjoy Donkey Konga, but it really isn't anything new. DK is basically a 'Nintendo mix' of Taiko Drum Master. Its a welcome addition to the genre, though lacking in songs. Lets just hope Nintendo decides to bring more DK mixes stateside. I believe their are 3 in Japan right now.

[quote name='CouRageouS'][quote name='darkwingduck13'][quote name='screwkick']Is this deal any good, even at $15. Game and bongos seem lame.[/quote]

Donkey Konga is by far the best rhythm game I've ever played. I haven't tried Taiko yet, but regardless...it's worth more than the $15.[/quote]
Best rhythm game you ever played? :shock: Guess you never played Beatmania, Pop N Music, Guitar Freaks or any other Bemani game. Even Amplitude (especially online) has more substance than DK. I love almost every rhythm game and I enjoy Donkey Konga, but it really isn't anything new. DK is basically a 'Nintendo mix' of Taiko Drum Master. Its a welcome addition to the genre, though lacking in songs. Lets just hope Nintendo decides to bring more DK mixes stateside. I believe their are 3 in Japan right now.[/quote]

Out of the games you've listed, I believe I have played Amplitude (either that or Frequency), and I liked it even less than DDR. I think I kept it for about a day before returning it and getting a different game in exchange. :lol:
As for the others...did they even see U.S. release? I'm no expert on the rhythm genre, but I don't think they did.

I do agree on one thing, though: I want Nintendo to release the new Donkey Konga games as well. :D

The only Bemani games that came out for US release is the DDR series and Karaoke Revolution I believe, however you can find most of the other ones in Arcades. I might be a bit spoiled though, as theres lots of arcades in CA that have all the import games and thats how I got around to playing them.

You might have played Frequency if you didn't enjoy the game that much, the arenas are sorta awkward and it doesn't flow as good compared to its sequel Amplitude. I don't know how you can like DK's style and not Amp, They're both hitting beats on time with music, its just Amp is so much deeper. You play beats on several lines with different instruments, as opposed to one line with one instrument in DK. Don't get me wrong, DK is great but its not as innovative or as special as so many people make it out to be.

[quote name='CouRageouS']The only Bemani games that came out for US release is the DDR series and Karaoke Revolution I believe, however you can find most of the other ones in Arcades. I might be a bit spoiled though, as theres lots of arcades in CA that have all the import games and thats how I got around to playing them.
[/quote]

Yeah, it's too bad that Konami won't release all the other Bemani games in the US. I ended up having to get the home versions with a Japanese PS2 because there closest non DDR Bemani arcade game near me is over 2 hours away. They did release Beatmania in the US in arcades as Hip Hop Mania and there is also a US arcade version of Guitar Freaks but no home versions for the US. Guitar Freaks seems like a game that would be popular in the US.

[quote name='guessed']Ok, sorry it took so long for an update, but here is the situation:

If any of these people beg out, I already have a list of alternates, so, please, no more requests. Believe me, I wish I could have gotten more (although I'm not sure how I would have gotten them home, my car was stuffed full).[/quote]

Cool, I'm on this list. I sent you a PM with my info. Thanks.

[quote name='Scorch']I dunno. I lost contact with him 30 minutes ago, I think his phone died or he got out of service.. can't get in contact with him.[/quote]That's cause he was on the way to Hoenwald...there ain't a lot of towers out there.

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='Wario64']Aw man, there was a waiting list? I wasn't aware. It's all good...this is pretty awesome that you're doing this for fellow CAGers though[/quote]

Your dog is pretty upset he's not on the waiting list.[/quote]

thats pretty funny[/quote]

On a side note, I really wish I could find this game for $15 or for any price cheaper than $30.

[quote name='ToddlerTN'][quote name='Scorch']I dunno. I lost contact with him 30 minutes ago, I think his phone died or he got out of service.. can't get in contact with him.[/quote]That's cause he was on the way to Hoenwald...there ain't a lot of towers out there.[/quote]

I know. He told me. I posted that in a later reply.

Wild, at my local Wal-Mart, they had a few marked down to $29.96. When I checked out, they had to go back and check, it wouldn't even let them override. I figured I'd buy one set and watch the price drop in the next few weeks and get a 2nd one closer to $15. I also checked 5 other Wal-Marts in the area and they all had them for $50. Well, when I checked again today, they had them marked BACK UP to $50 at my local Wal-Mart. Maybe this happened to others in the thread--I didn't read the whole thing. But that makes no sense.

[quote name='turls']Wild, at my local Wal-Mart, they had a few marked down to $29.96. When I checked out, they had to go back and check, it wouldn't even let them override. I figured I'd buy one set and watch the price drop in the next few weeks and get a 2nd one closer to $15. I also checked 5 other Wal-Marts in the area and they all had them for $50. Well, when I checked again today, they had them marked BACK UP to $50 at my local Wal-Mart. Maybe this happened to others in the thread--I didn't read the whole thing. But that makes no sense.[/quote]

They probably had the game marked at the bongos only price...

That's possible, I didn't think of that. They had the actual printed tag with that price, and I don't think they had any bongo only boxes left. I don't remember what the actual wording was though. That would be an easy enough mistake to make, might want to look out for that at other Wal-Marts because $30 is still cheaper than about anywhere else.

I was willing to pay my wal-mart full price for the game (I got a wal-mart gift card for Christmas), but they've never restocked them since they ran out at Christmas time. The lady in charge there thought that it was a Christmas only thing and they might not be getting any back..

:(

oh well, I bought a Gameboy Advance SP with my giftcard at Sam's Club instead. No special deal, but it was a giftcard, so I had to spend it on something anyway..

:)

Don't know why this got marked dead, its obviously YMMV considering my explanation above. Its surely not my problem if I get it cheaper than what it is supposed to be if they put the wrong tag on it, and if they did it in my Wal-Mart, there are probably at least 50 others they did it at.

bread's done
Back