[DEAD] Full Spectrum Warrior Ten Hammers $9.99-confirmed typo on ad

Davestation

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hey guys, just got back from Gamestop's sale. I looked in their flyer at the store on the back page and it had Full Spectrum Warrior Ten Hammers for X-Box for $9.99. I looked at the manager and asked her if it was a typo and if she would honor the price. She said that she would have to since its advertised. The ad didnt say if it was a used copy or not so she just gave me a new copy and dropped the price. I than called my friend who is a manager at another Gamestop and he informed that his district caught the typo and put up a disclaimer.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']I thought the point of CAG was to find cheap, legit deals. Not expose a typo.[/QUOTE]
Not trying to be mean but this is legit. It's not like he photoshopped the ad and then went to CC to price-match it.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']I thought the point of CAG was to find cheap, legit deals. Not expose a typo.[/quote]

The deal is legit, according to the Department of Weights and Measures a business must have a disclaimer on the window informing the public of a typo. Since Gamestop did not have such a disclaimer at this particular site than they had to honor it by Arizona State Law. The ad also did not mention if it was used or new so for customer satisfaction the manager sold it to me new. Overall its's Gamestop Corps fault for allowing so many mis-prints and not putting up proper disclaimers. So if there is a fellow CAG that can hop on this deal and call them out on it, its legal. Its illegal for a company to advertise a price and when you get to pay for it at the counter its higher. If there is a mistake it is for the company to correct and inform the public. Much like the X-Box 360 Live Gold Kit Best Buy add typo a few weeks ago for $19.99. Look around the site, many CAG's got a price match after BB had a disclaimer, its up the retailer to call and check to confirm the price.

She was dumb, that's the used price. Only reason GS didn't fix it is because only like 10 stores have it in stock used. Also the trade in price dropped to $9 where as the PS2 version gets $18.

[quote name='Masterkyo']So, the misprint ads in GS & EB catalog right?[/quote]

No, not the catralog but the ad thats in there stores. Its a regular flyer for their sales this week.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']She was dumb, that's the used price. Only reason GS didn't fix it is because only like 10 stores have it in stock used. Also the trade in price dropped to $9 where as the PS2 version gets $18.[/quote]

Actually, looking back it seems that it was the used price for the original and not the sequel. That is the more logical explaination.

[quote name='Davestation']The deal is legit, according to the Department of Weights and Measures a business must have a disclaimer on the window informing the public of a typo. Since Gamestop did not have such a disclaimer at this particular site than they had to honor it by Arizona State Law. The ad also did not mention if it was used or new so for customer satisfaction the manager sold it to me new. Overall its's Gamestop Corps fault for allowing so many mis-prints and not putting up proper disclaimers. So if there is a fellow CAG that can hop on this deal and call them out on it, its legal. Its illegal for a company to advertise a price and when you get to pay for it at the counter its higher. If there is a mistake it is for the company to correct and inform the public. Much like the X-Box 360 Live Gold Kit Best Buy add typo a few weeks ago for $19.99. Look around the site, many CAG's got a price match after BB had a disclaimer, its up the retailer to call and check to confirm the price.[/QUOTE]

I know about all that. What I'm saying is many will try to go to say Best Buy and CC to price match, knowing well that it is a print error. That's what I don't approve of. If you go in to GameStop and get it for that price then that is fine, but to try and be shady and get a price match when you know its a typo is just plain wrong.

[quote name='mackaikai']so the picture on the ad was for the first Full Spectrum you mean?

you really got lucky then[/quote]

No, No, No what I meant to say is that I believe GS intention was to put a pic of the first game there. Logically that is the one they wanted to sell for $9.99 used. But the ad lacked to mention the title or the condition of the game (new/used).

Is this the new FSW?

Can somebody confirm is all stores have this flyer? Would be nice to pick up this game for $10 :)

[quote name='Davestation']Actually, looking back it seems that it was the used price for the original and not the sequel. That is the more logical explaination.[/QUOTE]

Yea it's suppose to be the first one, they just messed up. Doubt anyone would be able to get it at the used price, as they have it in an email.

I'm still going to try this out tomorrow. I got the ad in my Sunday paper. There are 7 EB/Gamstops all by me. One is bound to honor it.

[quote name='Santurio']I just looked at the ad and it clearly states that all the games on that page are used.[/quote]

Just got the ad out of my paper, it does not clearly state "used". The bottom of the page says used between the two companies logo's. Also in the upper left hand corner it Reads "FREE USED GAME WHEN YOU PURCHASE 2 USED GAMES" But nowhere on the prices does it say used, even though they are logically used. So you can still argue the point that you can get it for $9.99 used, just don't let the clerk read the bottom left hand fine print:whistle2:# Wow, this manager dropped the ball on this one.......

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']I thought the point of CAG was to find cheap, legit deals. Not expose a typo.[/QUOTE]
Are you kidding me? You're as gay as your pink avatar.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Ace Combat 5, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and X-Box Live 1 year anyone? All misprints, and all exposed on CAG.[/QUOTE]

Lets nto forget Ratchet & Clank 3. Typos are like a little Xmas present during the rest of the year.

So if your local EB or GS wont honor you think you can get it price matches at BB or CC, or do you think the price is so much of a diffrence that they wouldnt do it?

[quote name='Davestation']Just got the ad out of my paper, it does not clearly state "used". The bottom of the page says used between the two companies logo's. Also in the upper left hand corner it Reads "FREE USED GAME WHEN YOU PURCHASE 2 USED GAMES" But nowhere on the prices does it say used, even though they are logically used. So you can still argue the point that you can get it for $9.99 used, just don't let the clerk read the bottom left hand fine print:whistle2:# Wow, this manager dropped the ball on this one.......[/QUOTE]
First off, let me reaffirm that I am not against this deal, if you can get it ...........................get it!!! But I still stand that the ad clearly states "used" since the whole page is reffering to used games and their used games offers, not to mention all the games are highlighted in the yellow box which is offering used games. Also, like you mentioned it has the word USED in bold black letters at the bottom. The only thing that mentions a new game is the offer for a new 360 game whe you "trade in 2 360 games" which again refers to used games.

The first EB I went today honored it. They gave me a new one for $9.99 with no problem. They did not even know about the error until I brought it to there attention.

Interesting story. Took the ad to Best Buy figuring I'd get rejected but it was worth a shot. So hand them the ad. They check the price and are surprised at the $40 difference. So they look at the ad again and say it must be the used price.

The CSR calls a Gamestop -- oh no, I'm dead meat now, I think -- and asks if the price is new. To my surprise, the Gamestop employee says that is the NEW price! So I walked out of Best Buy with it for $10.

[quote name='awp']Interesting story. Took the ad to Best Buy figuring I'd get rejected but it was worth a shot. So hand them the ad. They check the price and are surprised at the $40 difference. So they look at the ad again and say it must be the used price.

The CSR calls a Gamestop -- oh no, I'm dead meat now, I think -- and asks if the price is new. To my surprise, the Gamestop employee says that is the NEW price! So I walked out of Best Buy with it for $10.[/QUOTE]

Amazing...you got way lucky on that one!

Well I just got back from Gamestop and just got my copy for $11.24 after tax. It took me about 30 min. to get it sorry, they called all the tulsa stores and told them to put up signssaying not to accept it sorry tulsa gamers.

Went to the closest EB to my place, pointed it out to the two guys behind the counter. Showed them that the ad didn't say about it being used, that it was a pic of FSW: 10H, and that there wasn't an ad correction anywhere in the store.

They looked over the ad a few times, tried calling their manager (who wasn't available), shrugged their shoulders and gave it to me at that price. I'm sure an ad correction for it will be forthcoming. I think that even if the manager would've put the squash on it, they would've let me had it for that price for pointing it out to them.

It wasn't a 100% clean score, since it was a gutted copy (they only had 2 copies on-hand) with a couple of surface scratches. For $9.99 + tax, I wasn't complaining.

Got one at EB no problems. The clerk mentioned someone messed up and should've been the original one, but gave it to me anyway.

Thanks, OP!

WOW!! I have no idea how everyone is getting this to work. Is the in-store ad any different than the ad that was sent in the paper on Sunday?
The back of the ad I have makes it obvious that all the games shown are used.
I guarantee if I went to any of the 5 or 6 ebgames/gamestop stores near me I would never get this deal, because every one of those stores are filled with idiots. No matter what, they would say no even if I threatened to call the BBB for false advertising, every employee that I have encountered in the stores in my area have given me a hard time about whatever business I had to conduct in the store even though it's always legitimite business. I would love to give this price mess up a shot, but I know I will only end up getting pissed off in the store due the fact that I will no doubt be dealing with morons. So I will wait unil this game goes down to $10 on its own in half a year ;)

[quote name='serum79']WOW!! I have no idea how everyone is getting this to work. Is the in-store ad any different than the ad that was sent in the paper on Sunday?
The back of the ad I have makes it obvious that all the games shown are used.[/QUOTE]

It's the same. I did not get the paper this Sunday, so I drove to gamestop. They had removed all the ads, so I stopped by an EB that had a stack of them. Picked up one, and went to see if they had any used copies (which of course they didn't). So I took the ad to them and he stated that they messed up printing the ad, but that meant that the customer got it for that price. I don't know how he refused on the grounds that it was supposed to be used, but he gave me a brand new one anyway.

[quote name='serum79']I guarantee if I went to any of the 5 or 6 ebgames/gamestop stores near me I would never get this deal...[/QUOTE]

Go for it. You got nothing to lose except a little bit of time.

[quote name='shajek']Any chance that PMing this at CC will work with the $5 off coupon in the May issue of OXM?[/quote]

Nope. CC already knows the ad is wrong and will not PM.

Everytime I read the title of this thread, I see "Full Speculum Warrior". Sorry to go OT. Is this a good game? I don't have an Xbox, just wondering.

Where's the ad? Is it the magazine-like catalog? I didn't see any FSW:TH at the back of the catalog...just FF7:AC preorder and couple of other games.

[quote name='eau']Where's the ad? Is it the magazine-like catalog? I didn't see any FSW:TH at the back of the catalog...just FF7:AC preorder and couple of other games.[/QUOTE]

It's in a flier now at local B&M stores. Here's two crappy pics I took with my cellphone

In the gamestop ad it says used games.so all cc stores are saying that this is for the used pricr ,no one is honoring this typo.trust me i tried at many stores.!

I managed to get BestBuy to pricematch it. The cashier gave me no problem at all when I gave her the ad. The manager okayed it. Then, just minutes later my friend tried to use the ad, and was turned down by another cashier because the game was supposed to be "used."

Thanks OP for the deal. FSWTH for $9.99 on Gift card credit.

bread's done
Back