[Dead] KBtoys Sale - Official CAG Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
400 out of 1300 KBtoys stores will no longer be selling games and will be clearing out their inventory. [news story]
*It appears that these stores are already selling games at 20% off.

*Starting this Saturday, December 20th, the remaining stores will be have a clearance sale which includes the deals listed below.

*I read on Fatwallet that some stores are simply going out of business and are having even bigger sales. I have started to list those stores as well (thanks FW).

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday.
KBtoys Store Locator

Complete Price List
provided by jt2k3
Please right click to save files to your computer
Complete list in zip format
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday. I am doing my best to keep the list accurate, but obviously it will not be 100% correct.
KBtoys Store Locator

Store Listings

Particpating store list - 20% off sale (most likely in progress now)
San Bernardino, CA - Inland Center Mall
Miami, FL - Dolphin Mall
Orlando, FL - Fashion Square Mall
Sunrise, FL - Sawgrass Mills
Tampa, FL - International Mall
Des Moines, IA- Merle Hay Mall
Des Moines, IA- Valley West Mall
Indianapolis, IN - Castleton Square Mall
Joliet, IL - Louis Joliet Mall
Lake Charles, LA
Columbia, MD - Mall of Columbia
Troy, MI - Oakland Mall
Springfield, MO - Battlefield Mall
Jacksonville, NC - Jacksonville Mall
Mahwah, NJ
Menlo Park, NJ
Amherst, NY - Boulevard Mall
Blasdell, NY - Mckinley Mall
Butler, PA - Clearview Mall
Wilkes Barre, PA
Scranton, PA - Viewmont Mall
York, PA
Rapid City, SD
Antioch, TN - Hickory Hollow Mall
Goodlettsville, TN - Rivergate Mall
Knoxville, TN - West Town Mall
Baytown, TX - San Jacinto Mall
Dallas, TX - Valley View Center
Dallas, TX - Willowbend Mall
Irving, TX - Irving Mall
Lewisville, TX - Vista Ridge Mall
Arlington, VA - Ballston Common
Manassas, VA
Kennewick, WA

Participating store list - $9.99-$19.99 sale (starts 12/20 unless noted)
Glendale, CA - Glendale Galleria
Montclair, CA - Montclair Plaza
Orlando, FL - Altamonte Mall
Orlando, FL - Florida Mall (Sunday)
Hanover, MD - Arundel Mills Mall
Medford, NY
New York, NY - Manhattan Mall (cheapyd's home turf)
Patchogue, NY
Selden, NY
Shirley, NY
Lancaster, PA
Pittsburgh, PA - Century III Mall
Franklin, TN - Cool Springs Galleria
Arlington, VA - Fashion Ctr @ Pentagon City
Dulles, VA - Dulles Town Center
Walla Walla, WA
Parkersburg, WV

Stores going out of business - big sales on everything
Fort Lauderdale, FL - Galleria Mall (10% off games, 25% off everything else)
Atlanta, GA - Perimeter Mall (25%-50%)
Tulsa, OK - Eastland Mall (50% off everything)
Knoxville, TN - (KB Outlet)
Nashville , TN - 100 Oaks Mall, KBToy Outlet (50% off everyting, no games - store closing?)
7 Corners, VA
Fond du Lac, WI (50% off everything)
Madison, WI - East Towne Mall (25% off everything)

I just called a 2nd one. (Anne Arundel Mall). They are *not* doing the 20% off sale. But they do currently have some games for $9.99 - $19.99. He said it was mostly Greatest Hits and Plat. games that dropped. I asked about Panzer Dragoon Orta and he said it was $29.99. He was not aware of any other sale going on on Saturday.

The one in Columbia is no longer going to carry video games. I forgot to ask the one in Anne Arundel.

Boy, this one is hard to figure out.
Take Care,
Matthew

Two KB stores near me said they were doing it....one person said she thought it was Sunday but she wasn't sure...they all seemed to not really be in the loop, the employees I talked to. The one who said no said she hadn't even heard of the clearance at any KB so she might not know anything at all. No one was able to give me any titles or prices and said I needed to come into the store on Saturday to see. Where did those price lists come from?

DAMN. Just called the KB closest to me and the lady had no idea what was going on. I'll go there Sat morning anyway. Friggers.

This is kind of a bad time for something like this. The stores are already very busy. Its hard to get through on the phone. A lot of the help is temporary.

Thus is the challenge of being a cheapass

I'll be on the hunt Saturday morning. Called some local stores in NYC one said it was on Sunday. Two said they have no clue what I was talking about and the fourth one said sale was for only 20%.

Funny thing is I find them very unreliable especially since its the Christmas season and there are alot of temps. looks like I'll be doing lots of working on Saturday.

[quote name='grayghost81']DAMN. Just called the KB closest to me and the lady had no idea what was going on. I'll go there Sat morning anyway. Friggers.[/quote]

I just talked with the manager at my local K.B. Toys shop, and neither he nor his cronies had any knowledge of a video game sale, clearance, liquidation, etc. I guess I'll have to check the papers this week and try my luck there on Saturday.

Waverace and Eternal Darkness are 14.99 right now, they are NOT part of the sale.

The KB Toy Club (blue cards with stamps) ended in June.

The list came from me, a KB Employee whose store is part of the promotion.

Wilkes Barre PA starts tomorrow, as does Scranton Viewmont Mall. They are still going to sell games.

Steamtown mall in Scranton has an idiot lady who had no idea what I was talking about. I was about to tell her off.

What about the Going out of business stores? Has anyone checked those out yet? Is it really 50% off of everything?

MY Clearance is the stores that are going to keep selling videogames.. The blanket 20% off sale is for stores that are going to cease selling videogames in Jan-Feb

I just called 4 KB stores, and here are the results:

Brick Town Mall, NJ - No sale

Lakewood Shopping Center, NJ - Marking down some games, but they don't have a list yet.

Monmouth Road, Jackson, NJ - 50% off all games! But, they only have PS1 games.

Ocean County Mall, Toms River, NJ - Not aware of any sale

Just checked with Sheryl, the manager of the KB in Walla Walla, WA. She said she is still coordinating with her district manager, but her current understanding is that they will be doing the $9.99-19.99 sale starting the 20th. I'll check the Kennewick, WA store later.

ok for those of you in Miami, I spoke with the KB in Malls of the America and they are not participating but he did tell me that both the KB in Sawgrass and Dolphin Mall are going out of business and will be participating in the clearance.

w00t

Just got off the phone with the Kennewick, WA KB and they are doing the 20% sale and not the $9.99-19.99 sale. The 20% sale is going currently.

Ok

I am getting confused if someone will step in.

So some stores have a blanket 20% off sale that has already started (for the most part) those stores will stop carrying games in feb. Right?

Then the other stores are.... OR.... are not going to be participating in the clearence sale?

I know I am not the only one who is becomeing confused. i have four KB toys near me and I want to go to the right one come saturday morning.

jt2k3 when you say MY sale what one do you mean?

[quote name='TheRealDye']ok for those of you in Miami, I spoke with the KB in Malls of the America and they are not participating but he did tell me that both the KB in Sawgrass and Dolphin Mall are going out of business and will be participating in the clearance.

w00t[/quote]

cool, i work inbetween both these malls, i wonder about the one in kedall (town and country), dadeland mall, and cutler ridge......

[quote name='Snake2715']Ok

I am getting confused if someone will step in.

So some stores have a blanket 20% off sale that has already started (for the most part) those stores will stop carrying games in feb. Right?

Then the other stores are.... OR.... are not going to be participating in the clearence sale?

I know I am not the only one who is becomeing confused. i have four KB toys near me and I want to go to the right one come saturday morning.

jt2k3 when you say MY sale what one do you mean?[/quote]
jt2k3 means the $9.99-$19.99 markdowns that you see on the list.

This is my understanding. There are 2 sales (3 actually)
1) 20% off for stores that will no longer be selling games
2) $9.99-$19.99 markdowns for stores that will be continue to sell games
3) a mixed bag of sales for stores that will be going out of business

Central Jersey residents: Menlo Park is one of the 400 (sale is starting on Saturday), Woodbridge Center is not.

In case you wanted to know...

[quote name='CheapyD']

This is my understanding. There are 2 sales (3 actually)
1) 20% off for stores that will no longer be selling games
2) $9.99-$19.99 markdowns for stores that will be continue to sell games
3) a mixed bag of sales for stores that will be going out of business[/quote]

20% for places that NOT sell games any more, $10-$20 games for the places that WILL. How odd and backward, hmm just like KB.

International Mall KB in Florida? In Miami International mall there are no KB stores (I called them to make sure), is there another international mall in FL? Also, I too spoke to Mall of the Americas (MIA, FL) and gave me the same info as above post, but when I called Sawgrass KB, they had no idea what I was talking about.

Holy crap that is awesome, the only KB near me though is in a ghetto so they'll probably be shutting down completely is my guess. I can't see them actually making much money. Ill stop in there and see what they have.

[quote name='johnp']International Mall KB in Florida? In Miami International mall there are no KB stores (I called them to make sure), is there another international mall in FL? Also, I too spoke to Mall of the Americas (MIA, FL) and gave me the same info as above post, but when I called Sawgrass KB, they had no idea what I was talking about.[/quote]

international mall in miami definatly has no KB store in it, i figured he was talking about some other mall (every once in a while i get the dolphin and international mall confused, considering they are about 1/2 a mile apart.)

Just got back from KB, nothing much (maybe I was too late), but pretty much what you would expect from a 20% sale -- all $49.99 games were now $29.99.

However, also called the other KB store around my location, and the store clerk confirmed they were having the $9.99-$19.99 sale starting Saturday at 7AM.

Thus, I believe it would be safe to assume if your KB states their video game sale starts Saturday, its the $9.99-$19.99 sale.

For anyone in the Louisville, KY area. I called the KB in Jefferson Mall and the lady just said, "If other KB Toys are having it we are too." The one in Mall St. Matthews said they are having a sale on certain titles, so I guess this is the sale that jt2k3 told us about.

Thanks for the advance notice jt2k3.

Damn can’t get a straight answer from any kb at all. Visited two stores and the people I talked too looked at me liked I had 2 heads. Anyone in the NYC area have any info.

Thus, for fellow Orlando citizens...

Orlando, FL - Fashion Square Mall - 20% Sale (now)
Orlando, FL - Altamonte Mall - $9.99 - $19.99 Sale (Sat.)

ok, here is the last piece of info that I can provide. The store at Arundel Mill Mall (MD) is going to still carry games. They have a display set up in the front of the store with a sign that says all titles displayed here are $9.99 - $19.99. But the games there are just the normal cheap games. (Hitman, Clock Tower 3 etc.)
My bet is on Saturday more games will be there, or they are not doing anything.
But I already talked to my wife, and we will be up there around 9:45 AM on Sat just to check.

Good Luck,
Matthew

hmm..I just went to a North NJ KB (Mahwah to be exact) and they had the 20% off sale already going. Any cheapasses in North NJ know of any stores having the 9.99-19.99 sale going? I can think of about 6 KBs around here, one or two have to be having this sale...

Dangit, I just spent my "Trip to Orlando", going to see Return of the King and picking up my copies of "Pac-Man vs." from GameStop...

I live in Daytona Beach, and the only store we've got here gave me a blanket "duh" response on the phone. :(.

~Dak

Romeo, a lady at the Wilkes-Barre KB told me it didn't start until Saturday. They told you Friday? Did they say what was on sale? Was it just the deals on the list, or was it 20% off all games too?

Just came from my KB and the store guy was telling me that their 20% off of all games and accesories started Monday and that other KB stores will start the new promotion/discounts on Saturday as they usually do.... by the way, picked up Madden 04 (Xbox) and Def Jam Vendetta (GC) for 45

Hi Guys,
This is just an idea. I am willing to go to KB Toys and buy what you all want. I will just ask that you pay me the cost of the game + tax + whatever shipping cost that you choose. (USPS 1st class or Priority mail. We will allow www.usps.gov to determine the shipping costs.)
You need to PM me and let me know what you want. First come, first serve.

Now the disclaimer - I am not sure that the KB Toys around me are running this deal, but I will try.
This will allow CAG to get (hopefully) a bunch of cheap games.

Let me know,
Matthew

In Richmond, Virginia, of the 4 KB Toy Stores and the single ToyWorks KB Outlet, only the location at Regency Mall is discontinuing its games.

They are offering 20% off.

The regional office, located at ToyWorks, knew nothing of the sale, but the associate at Regency Square Mall who answered the phone said they were the only location that will no longer be carrying games.

jt2k3,

Any more games for the XBox list that you can think of at this moment? Comparing the present list to my wishlist, Metacritic.com, and current prices and it looks like I will get at least NBA Street 2 and Indiana Jones.

bread's done
Back