[Dead] KBtoys Sale - Official CAG Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
400 out of 1300 KBtoys stores will no longer be selling games and will be clearing out their inventory. [news story]
*It appears that these stores are already selling games at 20% off.

*Starting this Saturday, December 20th, the remaining stores will be have a clearance sale which includes the deals listed below.

*I read on Fatwallet that some stores are simply going out of business and are having even bigger sales. I have started to list those stores as well (thanks FW).

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday.
KBtoys Store Locator

Complete Price List
provided by jt2k3
Please right click to save files to your computer
Complete list in zip format
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday. I am doing my best to keep the list accurate, but obviously it will not be 100% correct.
KBtoys Store Locator

Store Listings

Particpating store list - 20% off sale (most likely in progress now)
San Bernardino, CA - Inland Center Mall
Miami, FL - Dolphin Mall
Orlando, FL - Fashion Square Mall
Sunrise, FL - Sawgrass Mills
Tampa, FL - International Mall
Des Moines, IA- Merle Hay Mall
Des Moines, IA- Valley West Mall
Indianapolis, IN - Castleton Square Mall
Joliet, IL - Louis Joliet Mall
Lake Charles, LA
Columbia, MD - Mall of Columbia
Troy, MI - Oakland Mall
Springfield, MO - Battlefield Mall
Jacksonville, NC - Jacksonville Mall
Mahwah, NJ
Menlo Park, NJ
Amherst, NY - Boulevard Mall
Blasdell, NY - Mckinley Mall
Butler, PA - Clearview Mall
Wilkes Barre, PA
Scranton, PA - Viewmont Mall
York, PA
Rapid City, SD
Antioch, TN - Hickory Hollow Mall
Goodlettsville, TN - Rivergate Mall
Knoxville, TN - West Town Mall
Baytown, TX - San Jacinto Mall
Dallas, TX - Valley View Center
Dallas, TX - Willowbend Mall
Irving, TX - Irving Mall
Lewisville, TX - Vista Ridge Mall
Arlington, VA - Ballston Common
Manassas, VA
Kennewick, WA

Participating store list - $9.99-$19.99 sale (starts 12/20 unless noted)
Glendale, CA - Glendale Galleria
Montclair, CA - Montclair Plaza
Orlando, FL - Altamonte Mall
Orlando, FL - Florida Mall (Sunday)
Hanover, MD - Arundel Mills Mall
Medford, NY
New York, NY - Manhattan Mall (cheapyd's home turf)
Patchogue, NY
Selden, NY
Shirley, NY
Lancaster, PA
Pittsburgh, PA - Century III Mall
Franklin, TN - Cool Springs Galleria
Arlington, VA - Fashion Ctr @ Pentagon City
Dulles, VA - Dulles Town Center
Walla Walla, WA
Parkersburg, WV

Stores going out of business - big sales on everything
Fort Lauderdale, FL - Galleria Mall (10% off games, 25% off everything else)
Atlanta, GA - Perimeter Mall (25%-50%)
Tulsa, OK - Eastland Mall (50% off everything)
Knoxville, TN - (KB Outlet)
Nashville , TN - 100 Oaks Mall, KBToy Outlet (50% off everyting, no games - store closing?)
7 Corners, VA
Fond du Lac, WI (50% off everything)
Madison, WI - East Towne Mall (25% off everything)

Well i called the one at the Cross County center in Yonkers and they said they were having this sale. However when I first asked them the person on the phone seemed to have no clue as to what I was talking about but when I repeated the question she all of sudden said yea they were having this sale on Saturday. Sounded a little fishy to me but heres the phone number anyway 914-476-9629.

Hey jt2k3, when calling these stores, what's the best way to refer to this sale? BEcuase I either get people who are confused or try to tell me about the 20% off thing or they'll say, yeah we have games that are 9.99-19.99. Is there an official name for this? Like "KB trying to save their ass and move some inventory sale"?:)

For Western New York, this is what I've found:

Mckinley mall in Blasdell and Boulevard mall in Amherst are the only stores that are ceasing video game sales and are 20% off.

The one in Walden Galleria mall and the one across the street from it in Cheektowaga claim they are not having any special sales but did refer me to the other 2 stores, so they seem to know what's going on.

I went to my KB store last night. The 20% off sale had already started either yesterday or two days ago. I don't know if this is true everywhere, but it doesn't look like it starts Saturday. They had very few games in stock, most were shit games, and out of the 5 games I wanted to buy they had none of them. You guys aught to call up the store and ask if it already started -- there were a shitload of people at the mall last night and if you wait until saturday their inventory could be even smaller.

[quote name='technic']I went to my KB store last night. The 20% off sale had already started either yesterday or two days ago. I don't know if this is true everywhere, but it doesn't look like it starts Saturday. They had very few games in stock, most were shit games, and out of the 5 games I wanted to buy they had none of them. You guys aught to call up the store and ask if it already started -- there were a shitload of people at the mall last night and if you wait until saturday their inventory could be even smaller.[/quote]

As stated in the very first post, and various others, the stores having 20% off have already started doing so. It is the $9.99-$19.99 sale that doesn't start until Saturday (for those stores that are even doing it).

So I called the solitary KBToys in Daytona Beach, Fl and the girl says, "Em, eh... as far as I know... you'll just have to find out."

Now what in the hell does that mean?

~Dak

Yes the 20% sale started days ago people. It wasn't on Saturday either a 20% sale will start or a 9.99-19.99 sale will start. Only 400 stores are supposed to have the second sale. The 20% sale seem to be all the other KB toys out there...but yeah I went to KB and there selection is crap...about all the games are gone already.

[quote name='Shyne']The Int'l Mall in Fl has already started selling there games for 20% off.[/quote]

were is this mall located? as the only int'l mall i know of (in miami) has no KB in it

Okay, for any lurkers (or the dude who PMed me, and I accidently deleted the message there of), I called AGAIN, the Daytona Beach, Fl KBToys -- asking for the manager... and it turns out the girl who said, "As far as I know, you'll have to wait an see," was the manager!

But that's okay, because I asked, "So, should I wait and see today, or wait and see tomorrow?", and she said to wait until tomorrow (Saturday). So, this of course has me all bent out of shape, just what does the secrecy mean?! Is this the KBToys sales jackpot -- or just the run of the mill sale?! "Just wait and see."

BTW -- DID ANYONE GET A LIST OF GAMECUBE GAMES ON SALE? :)

~Dak

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet. The 20% off sale does NOT include Game Boy Advance games. I went today to a KB with 20% off but only PS, PS2, GameCube and XBox were 20%. GBA games rang up at regular price.

Good luck everyone. I'll be warming up for tomorrow morning!

And again if they are doing 20% off then most likely thats all they are doing so the other KB in your area should be visited because thats teh store thats not going to carry games and thats where the big "Green dot sale" is going to be.

Which makes sense the Kb in our biggest mall is doing the 20% sale now and I was all confused as to why that particular store would stop selling games.

The smaller mal KB is where I am headed.... If I can find that old pggy bank of mine. I have gone broke in recent months and still havent played more than an hour of POP yet.

The one up by my house is having the 20% off now...will they be on clearance tomorrow? when asked, they said it would stay the same.

STOP trying to buy games to trade them in for a few buck profit elsewhere. Leave the games for people who want to buy them and enjoy them...

What I want to know is why all the secrecy? I called my local KB (ledgewood NJ) earlier this week and the lady said she had "no idea" about any sale. So today I went in person to the store and there was another clerk sitting behind the counter in front of the video games with a packet of paper in his hand. He appeared to be counting the games. The following conversation ensued between him and I:

"So, are you changing the prices for the big video game sale tomorrow?"

"Maybe."

"Is that a price list in your hand?"

"Maybe."

"May I see it?"

"No."

"Well..."

"Ok let me tell you this" He then points at a bin behind him. "You'll want to be looking in this bin tomorrow"

KB needs to learn how to be "sales oriented." Why would a company aiming to liquidate an entire department of their store be so secretive about the discounts necessary to complete such a liquidation??

Well I already told my boss I'd be late tomorrow.

And you wonder why KBToys aren't doing well (at least in terms of videogame sales). They don't even want to communicate to people about their clearance (or sale), what a bunch of retards. And I apologize to the retard community for insinuating that they would even want to work at KBToys.

Yah! KB is the suxor! Tommorrow Will be the first day they've gotten any money from me in a long time...and may be the last.

For people in the Pittsburgh area, the Kb toys at Century III mall is apparently having the sale, starting Saturday.

[quote name='DakZero']Okay, for any lurkers (or the dude who PMed me, and I accidently deleted the message there of), I called AGAIN, the Daytona Beach, Fl KBToys -- asking for the manager... and it turns out the girl who said, "As far as I know, you'll have to wait an see," was the manager!

But that's okay, because I asked, "So, should I wait and see today, or wait and see tomorrow?", and she said to wait until tomorrow (Saturday). So, this of course has me all bent out of shape, just what does the secrecy mean?! Is this the KBToys sales jackpot -- or just the run of the mill sale?! "Just wait and see."

BTW -- DID ANYONE GET A LIST OF GAMECUBE GAMES ON SALE? :)

~Dak[/quote]

You know...I also called the Daytona store...and that lady told me "Maybe". What the hell kind of answer is that. I was like..."um ok", she then told me to come by tomorrow to see. All I know is they better have a copy of Otogi for cheap.

I called up my local KB (Parkersburg WV) and not surprisingly, they didn't really know what I was talking about.

I asked if they were having a sale on games beginning tomorrow. After asking around the girl comes back and says they have cheap games in a bargain bin (that's always there). She didn't know which games were in there and I could tell it wasn't going to do me any good to keep asking.

I may run down there in the morning before I leave on a trip just to be sure but I'm not expecting to find anything. I'd love to get F-Zero for $20 though.

I called the KBToys in Lake Grove, Selden, Port Jefferson, and Medford, NY. No one knew what the hell I was talking about. Sucks that the only time I can get Botkai cheap is in the city. Not worth the trip out there.

Just got back from the Daly City, CA KB. They are doing the sale on Sat....I tried to reserve some games but the guy behind the counter refused - "I haven't even saved any for myself, yet." :p

Thats a good point andrew. I'm not getting my hopes up. If there are no sales, I'll just buy a slinky to make myself feel better (a metal one, not one of those fruity neon plastic ones)

Northern NJ. Paramus Park Mall - One worker told me yes, the other told me no, the manager was too busy.... I will try calling them again in a few minutes.

[quote name='andrew333']anyone else feeling disastrous letdown coming on?[/quote]

Possibly one of the best calls ever. I'm still waking up at 7am with a printed out list in hand, and i'm still hoping to find a $10 copy of ico, but i doubt it'll happen.

It's got a "too good to be true" quality about it, which almost never ends well.

But if it does, man, I'm gonna be poor and happy!

make no mistake, i'll be there when it opens (please otogi please!)

can you imagine how annoyed those workers are going to be since it seems all the games are behind a glass case in no particular order?

a slinky sounds like a good consolation prize

I called up my local KB store and they are indeed doing it. The guy on the phone knew all about (and sounded quite excited, hehe), so it definetly is happening, its just if your store is doing it or not.

I don't wanna say where the store by me is because I won't be able to get there until tommorow night, so I don't want everything to be gone, hehe, sorry guys.

[quote name='andrew333']can you imagine how annoyed those workers are going to be since it seems all the games are behind a glass case in no particular order?[/quote]

Yes, thats why I'm hoping the worker I spoke to was correct in stating they'd be in a bin on the floor. :wink:

that would be sweet, maybe it will be just like a dress sale as portrayed on so many sitcoms with everybody pawing through a bin, grabbing at the same game, fisticuffs ensue

Well guys, CheapyD said to expect a full list by 10 PM tonight, so here's to hoping that JT2K3 can supply a full list.

For Northern NJ residents- I just called Paramus Park, and they are having a sale which starts tomorrow (Saturday). From what I gather, the sale that starts on Saturday is the $10-$20 one, but the stupid lady refused to tell me exactly what sale it was. Can anyone else maybe find out more for some other northern NJ/south NY stores?

I am also doing some New Jersey Research right now. Paramus Park Mall is in my area so thanks for the heads up. I will be calling sorrounding malls (Bergen Mall, Garden State Etc). See if anyone can find Palisades or the one on Route 17 (Right beside kmart).

Cary NC 20%

Triangle Town Center - no comment, even if they did would not say

Crabtree Valley Mall-confirmed to have green dot sale

TrIangle and Crabtree are malls in Raleigh NC

I picked up Ico yesterday at a closing KB near me for 12.49. It was the last copy and I didn't feel like waiting till Saturday to hopefully save a dollar or two and most likely it would have been gone anyway. I picked up Conker's Bad Fur Day today at the same KB for 10.59. I skipped that one when it first released, glad I have it now. :)

The didn't have many games left today and what was left was junk(to me).

[quote name='Galanthas']I picked up Ico yesterday at a closing KB near me for 12.49. It was the last copy and I didn't feel like waiting till Saturday to hopefully save a dollar or two and most likely it would have been gone anyway. I picked up Conker's Bad Fur Day today at the same KB for 10.59. I skipped that one when it first released, glad I have it now. :)

The didn't have many games left today and what was left was junk(to me).[/quote]

Shit, that wasn't in MA was it!?

The big question is....IS there going to be an ad or just in store promotion?

I like my chances with no ad, but something in tomorrow's paper could complicate everything.

I'll have to call my cousin early tomorrow morning to check if the deal is in my area. I'd love to pick up Otogi for that price. If only they had Moto GP 2 for that price. Either way, I'll get Moto GP 2 used for $30.

Just a thought while I was browsing the store locator.
This deal may also be at the KB Toys at Sears stores.
Might be worth a shot to hit your local Sears too.
(yes, I know, probably just wishful thinking) :whistle2:k

Ok, I just called the KB store in Valencia, CA and it seems like they won't be having the sale. The person who answered the phone was very helpful and courteous though...He asked another person working there (not sure if it was the manager or not) and that person said they don't think they are having "that" sale. But he also said call back tomorrow just in case they get info about it late. So, I'll call back tomorrow even though it is unlikely.

"Hopes that manager has list and will give it to employees right before closing so they can update the prices"...Heh, I can dream, can't I?

bread's done
Back