[Dead] KBtoys Sale - Official CAG Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
400 out of 1300 KBtoys stores will no longer be selling games and will be clearing out their inventory. [news story]
*It appears that these stores are already selling games at 20% off.

*Starting this Saturday, December 20th, the remaining stores will be have a clearance sale which includes the deals listed below.

*I read on Fatwallet that some stores are simply going out of business and are having even bigger sales. I have started to list those stores as well (thanks FW).

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday.
KBtoys Store Locator

Complete Price List
provided by jt2k3
Please right click to save files to your computer
Complete list in zip format
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday. I am doing my best to keep the list accurate, but obviously it will not be 100% correct.
KBtoys Store Locator

Store Listings

Particpating store list - 20% off sale (most likely in progress now)
San Bernardino, CA - Inland Center Mall
Miami, FL - Dolphin Mall
Orlando, FL - Fashion Square Mall
Sunrise, FL - Sawgrass Mills
Tampa, FL - International Mall
Des Moines, IA- Merle Hay Mall
Des Moines, IA- Valley West Mall
Indianapolis, IN - Castleton Square Mall
Joliet, IL - Louis Joliet Mall
Lake Charles, LA
Columbia, MD - Mall of Columbia
Troy, MI - Oakland Mall
Springfield, MO - Battlefield Mall
Jacksonville, NC - Jacksonville Mall
Mahwah, NJ
Menlo Park, NJ
Amherst, NY - Boulevard Mall
Blasdell, NY - Mckinley Mall
Butler, PA - Clearview Mall
Wilkes Barre, PA
Scranton, PA - Viewmont Mall
York, PA
Rapid City, SD
Antioch, TN - Hickory Hollow Mall
Goodlettsville, TN - Rivergate Mall
Knoxville, TN - West Town Mall
Baytown, TX - San Jacinto Mall
Dallas, TX - Valley View Center
Dallas, TX - Willowbend Mall
Irving, TX - Irving Mall
Lewisville, TX - Vista Ridge Mall
Arlington, VA - Ballston Common
Manassas, VA
Kennewick, WA

Participating store list - $9.99-$19.99 sale (starts 12/20 unless noted)
Glendale, CA - Glendale Galleria
Montclair, CA - Montclair Plaza
Orlando, FL - Altamonte Mall
Orlando, FL - Florida Mall (Sunday)
Hanover, MD - Arundel Mills Mall
Medford, NY
New York, NY - Manhattan Mall (cheapyd's home turf)
Patchogue, NY
Selden, NY
Shirley, NY
Lancaster, PA
Pittsburgh, PA - Century III Mall
Franklin, TN - Cool Springs Galleria
Arlington, VA - Fashion Ctr @ Pentagon City
Dulles, VA - Dulles Town Center
Walla Walla, WA
Parkersburg, WV

Stores going out of business - big sales on everything
Fort Lauderdale, FL - Galleria Mall (10% off games, 25% off everything else)
Atlanta, GA - Perimeter Mall (25%-50%)
Tulsa, OK - Eastland Mall (50% off everything)
Knoxville, TN - (KB Outlet)
Nashville , TN - 100 Oaks Mall, KBToy Outlet (50% off everyting, no games - store closing?)
7 Corners, VA
Fond du Lac, WI (50% off everything)
Madison, WI - East Towne Mall (25% off everything)

I'll be heading out early tomorrow and hopefully return with a copy of Brute Force and Otogi.

Thumbs down for the lack of gamecube titles KB Toys. Thumbs down.

The local KBs around me close at 10 pm and open at 8am for the holidays so I went down to the closest one and they had hardly anything from the clearance list. I picked up Moto GP 2 for the Xbox and Pride FC for the PS2. The manager said they would price match the sale price so I can sleep in tomorrow. I was hoping to pick up Amplitude and NBA Street Vol. 2 but after calling all the local KBs, none have them in stock. It seems many people will be in for big disappointments tomorrow as they did not get any new shipments for this sale and are just pulling the stuff from their current stock that is on the list.

[quote name='jt2k3']We open at 9:30

And you 20% off store will not have the clearance, sorry.[/quote]
Who are you talking to?

Like I said, the Wilkes Barre PA store opens at 8am and is doing the $9.99-$19.99 sale.

[quote name='siamesellama']
If someone would be so kind as to pick up an extra Boktai, I'd gladly pay $15 for you to send it to me cheap ass shipping style.[/quote]

Ditto. I am pretty sure my store isn't doing the sale. I called them and they hadn't heard of it (so unless they just weren't informed until the morning of or weren't supposed to say a word until the morning of, they aren't doing it) and that's the only store in my area.

If someone could pick up an extra Boktai and F-Zero GX for me, that'd be great, and I'd gladly pay $35 for 'em. I'd pay you with PayPal (or whatever method you wanted).

Nope. Only 400 out of the 1300 or so are doing the good sale. And not every single other store is doing the 20% one either, though really saving 20% ($7-$10) isn't a big deal. You can get used games at half.com for that cheap anyway. The only deal worth much is the huge clearance at the 400 stores that are going to stop selling videogames.

[quote name='sctakeshi']Nope. Only 400 out of the 1300 or so are doing the good sale. And not every single other store is doing the 20% one either, though really saving 20% ($7-$10) isn't a big deal. You can get used games at half.com for that cheap anyway. The only deal worth much is the huge clearance at the 400 stores that are going to stop selling videogames.[/quote]
Actually, I think it's the other way around, the stores that won't be selling games have 20% off all games (as they need to get rid of every game), the stores doing the 9.99-19.99 sale are just trying to clear out a number of certain games.

I don't know where my post went, but... The Grossmont Center KB store in San Diego, CA is not going to be selling games anymore and currently has the 20% off sale. Girl I called on the phone said she didn't know about any other sales. I'll be there at 9am.

There is a KB Toy works and KB toys a few blocks from each other in lynwood. One or the other is likely to have the sale. I called one and they said the other store was having a sale, but they would be starting a sale tommorrow.

Am I the only one who found the list disappointing? Maybe I just had my hopes up because my friend told me new releases would be included in this deal.

I just called my local KB and they are doing nothing. I specifically asked for F-Zero GX and was quoted the price of $49.99. I didn't think this one would be doing anything.

BacK!

First off NO ONE was there. They did put up signs though so maybe they'll get some business. I was pissed because they didnt have the three games I really wanted (Avp, Crazy Taxi 3, DDR Max) But I snagged up the following:

Panzer Dragoon, Brute Force, Totaled, Blinx
Xenosaga, Clock Tower 3
Vexx, Donald PK, F-Zero

9 new games for a grand total of 105.90

Not too bad. Not the best games in the world but many are gifts. Thanks everybody!

What's the difference between a Kb Toys store, Kb Toys Works store, and KB Toys Outlet store? Is it just the KB Toys stores having the sale?

I just got back. I got Otagi, Amplitude, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Midtown Madness and Xenosaga for $64 in the WILKEA BARRE, PA store. They opened at 8am, like I said, and are doing the $10-$20 games, like I said. :)

GameCube owners might be thinking what I'm thinking.... one giant "meh".

2 Copies of F-Zero GX for $19.99, at my local KBToys -- not a game I want, though highly rated -- not worth getting up this morning for. Meh.

~Dak

[quote name='DakZero']GameCube owners might be thinking what I'm thinking.... one giant "meh".

2 Copies of F-Zero GX for $19.99, at my local KBToys -- not a game I want, though highly rated -- not worth getting up this morning for. Meh.

~Dak[/quote]

Yep. Although, lucky for me, I got my PS2 and Xbox within the last 6 months and missed out on some of the better older games, which I;m going to try to pick up some at the sale. Plus, Boktai for $10 would be a great Christmas present for anyone.

Daytona Beach, FL store is doing the sale. Their selection kinda sucked. I did walk away with a copy of Boktai and PN 0.3. so it wasn't a totally wasted trip.

my kb had projest gotham racing 2 for 14.99... It was a mistake and I should have gotten it, but I already have it.

I picked up

Metroid Prime-GC
Eternal Darkness-GC
NBA Street 2-XBOX

Just got back from KB in Jacksonville, FL. They are having the $9.99-$19.99 sale. Quite a few good deals. I got-
Silent Hill 3 PS2 -$19.99
Splashdown Riders Gone Wild PS2 -$19.99
Resident Evil Dead Aim PS2 -$19.99
Whacked Xbox -$9.99

Other highlights were-
ESPN NFL Footbal 2004- $19.99
ICO- $9.99
Panzoda Dragon Orta- $9.99
NBA Street Vol. 2- $9.99
Brute Force- $9.99
Plenty of others.

oh yeah... anyone in Louisville KY area, I can confirm that KB in Mall St. Matthews and Jefferson Mall are having the 9.99-19.99 sale.

I just got back from the Dulles, VA store. The place was dead, so I had plenty of time to fish out what titles I wanted from the "master" list CheapyD posted. Didn't have much luck, but did manage to pick up Xenosaga for $9.99 and P.N. 03 for $19.99. Although I didn't even dent the list I made, I'm happy with what deals I did get today. Thanks CheapyD and everyone else involved with this post for sharing information with our cheap-asses.

Well I guess none of those 400 stores are in MN :( Most places had 20% off but none of them sounded like they had the "green dot" sale. The clerk at Mall of America sounded mentally subnormal so maybe they are having the big sale...

Just went to a KB in Hurst TX, the only one in the DFW area that is doing this sale. Got all the games I wanted except Midnoght club 2 for XBox and Contra for GBA:(

I went to both Medford and Shirley, Long Island NY stores this morning and both were participating. Picked up-

Lethal Skies II
Silent Hill 3
Clock Tower 3
Mark of Kri
Vexx
Chaos Legion
Ico

Was hunting for Rygar and Drakan II, with no luck in either store.

Also picked up Castlevania: Lament of Innocence while I was there, and Final Fantasy X.

Was informed both Selden, and Patchogue stores were also participating, for those in the area. Was told all stores out here are going on with it as well.

-Nika

Crushing defeat for me at the Manhattan Mall here in NYC.
I was looking for these GBA games
Castlevania: HOD, Castlecania: COTM, NHL Hitz and Clocktower 3 for PS2.

I came back with a frozen pack of 16 White Castles.

Oh, well, I am glad you guys did well.

Shoutout to Chickenlou, we were first in stores so we got first dibs at everything :)

I picked up:
Dark Cloud 2
Clock Tower 3
Amplitude
Otogi

My friend got more games, it was a very good day indeed. Thank you CAG once again!

I called 4 out of 6 KB Toys stores that I know about in Chicago...

This is the only store that I called, that has the 20% off video games, sale...

The Yards
4600 S. Damon Street
Chicago, IL 60609
(773) 247-5017

These are the KB Toys stores, that don't have any deals...

Ford City Mall
7601 S. Cicero Avenue
Chicago, IL 60652
(773) 767-6606

Riverpoint
1730 W. Fullerton
Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 281-5160

Water Tower Place
845 N. Michigan Ave #5070
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 440-0312

These are the KB Toys stores, that don't pick up the phone!!!

Merchandise Mart
222 Merchandise Mart, #202
Chicago, IL 60654
(312) 645-1949

Six Corners
4620 W. Irving Park Road
Chicago, IL 60641
(773) 283-4852

If anyone knows of any KB Toys stores in or near the Chicagoland area, that has the $9.99-$19.99 clearence sale, please post...

I just went to the $10 sale and got Xenosaga. Not all the games are that are supposed to be on sale are marked that way. I wanted Panzer Dragoon, but it was marked as $30 and I asked them to price check it and it came up as $30 so I couldn't get it for $10. Just a warning, you may not beable to get every game at the price mentioned at this site.

CheapyD can you buy me xenosaga and f-zero GX for me if you can. i'll pay you the actual cost of the games and shipping with paypal.

I got 10 games for 144 bucks after tax including Silent Hill 3, Clock Tower 3, Panzer Dragoon, Xenosaga, Dark Cloud 2. etc etc etc.

The KB in Parkersburg, WV is having the $9.99-$19.99 sale. I'm going a bit later. *hopes they still have Boktai and Contra: SS*

just got back from West Babylon NY KBToys. I was one of the only people there. They didnt even finish marking the GBA games yet.... Still had a nice stock of GC, PS2 and XBOX. Thanks again JT!!!
Gamecubne
Splinter Cell
F-Zero GX
Metroid Prime
PS2
Dead to Rights
Ominusha 2
GBA
Boktai
Mega Man Battle Net 2

Just called and went to the Topanga Plaza, CA store, nothing at all did not even see the thing about the 20% off.

Called the Northridge, CA store. The guy said they had some older games for like $15 so they might have the sale, the guy was not really sure, going there after I get off of work.

If they don't have it hopefully one of the other three KBs in my area does which are
Burbank, CA
Sun Valley/Canyon Plaza, CA
Sunland/ Sun Hill, CA

Anyone have any luck in California yet? Or the West coast, thx

bread's done
Back